August 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by genyem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I Had bought this concealer having high hopes that it would conceal my dark circles and smooth my skin out, omg i was so wrong i bought the light medium i have tanned asian skin, when I opened it it was a peachy orange color it helped with the dark circles but it really dryed out the skin and gave me mila!!! I never get mila. So I thought il give it the benefit of the doubt and try moisturizing well, under the eye and then put the concealer on again but nope it made things worse I had to dab it into place so it would stop sliding, but the funny thing was it made my skin look dry an hr later it started coming off and the mila was still there :-( Very disappointed
The closest thing too the best concealer ive used is the 2000 collection concealer lasting perfection and it's alot cheaper too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Laramie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of the best concealers I have ever used and is my HG. It covers extremely well without being cakey and it doesn't budge once you put it on! The lasting power is excellent and I don't have to worry about touching up any spots throughout the whole day. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. Even though it is on the pricey side I would give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ca06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great spot concealer and does a decent job at covering up my dark under eye circles. It doesn't cover them up completely, but does well enough and doesn't cake. It wears well on hot days too, and goes on smoothly. I use Light 01 and it works well with my warm, fair-medium skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

I don't use this under my eyes and the one time I did, it looked cakey and fake and just weird so I don't recommend it for that. However, for covering acne scars, this works pretty good. I also haven't noticed that it causes any new breakouts which is a blessing with my skin. The one thing I do wish was different about this concealer is that I wish it was in a squeezy tube. The wand is a little unsanitary and causes some of the product to go to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by greylove31

This is my HG concealer for dark under eye circles. I will use no other! It covers well, it lasts well and it doesn't set in under eye creases. I use shade 01 Light and usually buy the product 'new' on ebay, to avoid the higher price of the Estee Lauder counter.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by JSabatini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to cover up the dark circles that I have, but it didn't work on them. It's a really nice concealer, it blends well and doesn't look too heavy. I have stopped using it on my eyes but it is a nice spot concealer when I need one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by portillosa

02 light medium, a bit light for me in the summer maybe I can use it again in the winter when my skin is lighter. It creases on the sides of my eyes. Waste of money. I'm mixing it with my YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch No. 3 because I find it a waste if I don't use it. But will definitely not repurchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really dig this concealer. I actually went to the mall to get the Bobbi Brown concealer I was recommended to get, but swiftly changed my mind when I found out that it would cost me about $50+ dollars to buy.

So I went to Estee Lauder, got matched and took a chance. I'm so glad I did. This is concealer is half the price of the Bobbi Brown and I feel that it work remarkably.

A little goes a long way, that's what I like about this product. My one and only gripe is, yes, it is dry which is why I put a little bit more cream under my I than usual before applying it. But I think this would work fantastic for people with skin already oily.

I'm still on the search for this is only the second concealer I have tried, I still need to try Laura Mercier, but for now I'm satisfied and this product has done me right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by poshpepper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my HG (holy grail) concealer. I have actually recently started using it as a foundation as well and it outperforms all of my other foundations in terms of wear.
I am about N10 and use Light, although it is slightly dark for me, and I may try it in Extra Light next time I repurchase.
I do not have under-eye discoloration so I cannot comment on how well it hides that, however it works great on my acne scars and general redness.
To use as a foundation I just dot (several dots on each area) on my cheeks, chin, forehead and nose and then blend with a foundation brush (like the Sephora 56). I find that it does not break down during the day or collect in fine lines, and the coverage (although full) looks as close to flawless as I can get with a foundation. I do still have to put a bit more concealer on some of my darker acne scars, however not much more & it lasts all day.
Even though using this as a foundation is expensive since it is $22 for about a third of an ounce I think it is worth it.
The only thing I dislike about this concealer is the packaging (it is packaged like a lipgloss) since I would prefer it to be in a tube for easier dispensing, however it will not stop me from repurchase since the formula is so great.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this one day because I dropped my MAC concealer & was waiting for my backup to arrive in the mail & I wanted to see how this compared. The closest concealer I can compare this to is the MAC Pro Longwear concealer which I like a lot better then this. Estee Lauder owns MAC so I'm guessing that's why they're so similar. I think the MAC one has a better glide & texture to it, it also for some reason brightens a little better & has slightly better coverage than this. I don't think there's anything too special about this concealer, in fact, it reminds me a lot of Maybelline's Superstay concealer but this isn't as dry as that in my opinion. It's got medium coverage & is only lightly buildable, dries quickly,doesn't look cakey, slightly creases on me, drier than the MAC & the pro longwear out performs this in wear. Overall, it's an okay concealer but i would suggest MAC Pro Longwear, it's better & costs $5 less. I bought this in Light Medium & use the MAC in NW20 & I just noticed how much more the pro longwear brightened & covered my eye area.