Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 9/4/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This bar of soap is the only beauty product my boyfriend and I share, and we've both been using it for a few years now, in the shower, and as hand soap. The best thing about it is how non-drying it is. It's also worth noting the bar has a great shape, look, feel, and smell. It epitomizes clean simple luxury, and the price is right.

on 8/22/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been ultimately finding soap that would really help me take care my skin and when I saw the wonderful commercial that promises the Dove soap I was of course attracted to it and decide to find out what it does to my skin. The moisturizing effect is good I feel like cool whenever I finish it. Though when I use this on my face like usually they say good for the face, I have breakouts blackheads, whiteheads and even acne shows when I used it. Further experimenting and prolonging it use I was guessing it was only for awhile but as I use it by time it gets worse my skin even get more oilier. Maybe it just me I decide to stop using it and find other alternatives.

I wish i could have positive things to say.. but this leaves my skin feeling dry and rough. I do not like this one bit. Sure, it's "moisturizing bar": but i get none of that.. I've got sensitive skin, not sure if thats why but i just can't love this product. Horrible.

on 8/12/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have been using this soap since I was a baby and simply cannot use anything else on my skin. It doesn't dry out my skin and thoroughly cleans - plus, the scent is so nostalgic!

on 7/12/2013 9:57:00 PM

I love Dove soap. I think "beauty bar" is a bit of a far-fetched name, but it is gentle, pleasant-smelling, non-drying and feels very luxurious to use. It is the only soap I would dare put on my face, if I had absolutely nothing else to cleanse with. For the body, it's a staple for me. Love.

on 7/12/2013 8:29:00 AM

This is the best soap I have ever used. I wash my hands with it during the day and before using a cleanser from a different brand would wash my face twice a day with it. Does not leave skin feeling dry or tight like soooo many soaps do. Clean and fresh is all Im left with. Removes dirt and makeup perfectly. I keep one in shower and one on the bathroom sink. My husband won't use anything else and he comes home coverd in grease. Its a bathroom staple in our house.

on 7/8/2013 6:15:00 AM

This is wonderful! I have used it for as long as I can remember and don't plan on using anything else for my body and face! I have very sensitive skin which often gets rashes from body washes and moisturizers, this soothes my skin and cleans it well! As for my face I have a few acne spots and using thing does not cause any breakouts and even helps them heals, I use topical treatment for acne so I can not say to much about what is does for acne but, it definitely does not irritate my sensitive skin.

One of the best bar soaps out there! It's just soap but it makes me feel feminine and squeaky clean without drying out my skin. Love the hint of fragrance, which does not invade my nostrils like some of the strong smelling soaps out there. I don't typically use bar soap on my face, but I have used this soap on my face in emergency situations and nothing happened, which is good! My simple summary is that this soap is fuss-free. Get yours, ladies and gents!

on 6/21/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My entire family uses the Dove line, especially my little brother and mother who can only used the unscented Dove. Everything else causes eczema for them. However, I outgrew my eczema and still use Dove. It beats out high-end bars for me - even Lush.

There are a bunch of scents, and you can't go wrong with any of Dove's products. (They even have a men's line!) My partner and I both use Dove, and we both love it. He doesn't even like using anything else.

Compared to Dial or store brand soaps, Dove may be considered pricey, but it's a bargain for those who tend to splurge a tad more on their body care items. I don't see myself using anything but Dove, though I don't recommend it on the face, as it causes white heads. It's moisturizing, cleansing, smells great, and there is a scent for everyone.

on 6/19/2013 8:01:00 AM

Even though the Dove soap bar is super cheap and you can get it everywhere, it is not a standard household product for me. Although you can use it all over your body and even your face, it dries my dry facial skin and reveals dehydrated patches. To me it's OK to use on my body and hands, but on the face only in emegencies. Because of the soft concistensy of the soap, it should not stay in the shower because it desintegrates quickly.

I have to retract some lippies because this product claims to be moisturizing, as it isn't at all on my skin. The soap has a pleasant scent, though, that I assume many will find comfortable and associate with cleanliness.

Popular Gels/Soaps