November 28, 2014 | 1823 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the dove bar cleanser. As the person before me commented, I had a very similar experience. I had very bad exzema and the doctor gave me ointment to treat it He recommended dove bar soap to help keep my skin hydrated and not dried out which would make exzema worse.

Needless to say this worked well and didn't flare up my exzema. It made my skin lush and moisturized, very pleased with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, due to severe Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis, I decided to go for the skin patch test at the Dermatologist Office. After all was said and done, we had a long discussion about Liquid vs. Bar Cleansers. My dermatologist said for patients with Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis it is highly recommended that Bar Cleansers are better in terms of the least amount of ingredients. She meant simple Bar Cleansers (Dove) mainly, We all know that Dove has several varieties of Bars on the market. So I asked the question, "Which Dove?" The response was the Classic White Bar. It was also recommended to use the Sensitive Skin Version for my face. Oh Boy! My skin is really happy! I am still peeling, but in a good healing way. I couldn't be happier. BTW< the reason behind not using the Liquid version is due tot he amount of preservatives added to keep Liquid from going bad, hence, eczema flare-ups........

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not dirt cheap in Australia - then again what is?!
Dove soap has been in my families bathroom, and now my own, for years. It is a good product, I like the exfoliating one over the original, it is mild enough for everyday use.
I would not say it is moisturising, but it certainly doesn't strip your skin of natural moisturisers and oils like regular soaps do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by FeatheredSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dove makes great soap for the shower or even if you're merely washing your hands. Although I personally consider this product to be soap, officially it's a "beauty bar" substitute for soap in that it contains a good amount of moisturizing lotion. Soap doesn't always moisturize; and so Dove tries to set their product apart from soap when they advertise the moisturizing abilities of their product. Rest assured, however, that you will find this item where the rest of the soap is stocked in your grocery store.

The bars of soap are rather large but they don't slip out of your hands too easily; the shape of the bar helps you hold onto it. The Dove "beauty bars" do seem to truly help moisturize my skin when I use them to take a shower or wash my hands. The scent is mild but if you are sensitive to any scent you may want to use a completely unscented type of Dove soap.

Dove is a little more expensive than other soaps but many people like me swear it's worth it. My best friend uses Dove religiously and he says it helps his skin a great deal. One reviewer wrote elsewhere that Dove soap is not particularly useful for acne; but I cannot personally comment on this because I do not have acne or other types of skin breakouts. I did notice, however, that two other people commented on that review and they stated that Dove soap did help them with their acne. If any skin condition is a concern for you, talk with your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.

Overall, I love these Dove "beauty bars" with their moisturizing lotion. They are a bit more costly; but they are worth it if you want to pamper your skin in the shower or at the bathroom vanity sink. Pick up a package today and give yourself a little extra pampering!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by abeautyrioter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove is the only brand that doesn't break my skin out. I always get hooked on body washes that are full of perfume, promising to "detoxify" or "replenish" my skin and they end up breaking my back and chest out. Dove's beauty bar gives my body the clean it needs without drying my skin out. I use this with my body pouf and I get silky skin that my boyfriend makes comments on. The smell is a classic and it reminds me a mature body powder. It lathers nicely and rinses clean. One bar lasts me longer than a bottle of body wash would, and the results are pretty, smooth, no residue skin. Love Dove :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't knock a classic! Dirt cheap, smells lovely, feels nice and is obviously a better alternative to plain old soap or shower gel. I prefer the sensitive formula as it's SLS free so it doesn't dry me out as much, but this one does lather up rather lavishly ; )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Shigeru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I grew up using white Dove soap bars, and it's still the only bar soap I have found that does not dry out or irritate my skin. Much more expensive bars, including L'Occitane, Kiehl's, Molton Brown, and Tom Ford, are nowhere near as gentle yet effective.

The moisturizing is really top-notch, and I do not get that awful tight feeling after rinsing. The soap also never burns or tingles.

The extremely mild scent is simply "clean", in my opinion. I've never pegged it as feminine, but I suppose a guy could always use the new mens line of Dove if he wanted something with a heavier, more assertive, masculine scent.

The bar is quite soft, and does get used up quite quickly (it eventually will turn into "mush"), but I get the huge pack from Costco, so I rated this as cheap...in addition, it sometimes is even cheaper if it's in the monthly Costco coupon book.

Don't fall for Costco's Kirkland Signature generic version! It is not the same at all, and leaves your skin tight and "squeaky".

(It's saying something that this is my first review, ever...Dove really is that good, people!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SmellyFaerie

After reading so many enthusiastic reviews on this product, I simply HAD to write my own. To be honest, after reading some of them, I even tried it on my face, after wearing this for years from my neck down. It was too drying for my face, but I already expected that, since it is a SOAP. Anyway, what I will review here is Dove Beauty Bar when used on the body, as I think it supposed to be.

First of all, it is dirt cheap and can be found everywhere. This is already a big positive point. As a soap, it lathers well, cleanses the skin and rinses very well too. I saw some reviewers complaining about an oily film after rinsing, I don’t have this problem. The scent is pleasant, a bit on the strong side, but it’s not something that lingers on the skin after showering.

It is moisturizing, as it is supposed to be, but that doesn’t mean everyone can skip applying a body lotion after that. If your skin is on the oily side, of course you can do that once in a while (I only moisturize once a day in summer, for example). But this won’t replace a body lotion if you have normal or dry skin, it is not supposed to do that, IMO.

I don’t see it as a miracle product, just an extraordinary good soap, suitable for all skin types which does exactly what is expected from it: cleanse without stripping the natural oils. That’s all.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Mortakat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive used Dove since jr high, I stopped using it for about 2 years I started trying out different brands more expensive brands they all gave me major breakouts..i started using Dove again and it cleared up all the problems the other products gave me..my skin has become oily and Dove has balanced it out..not only that but it helps my skin with the whole aging process im 31 and people always think im 23-24 I don't know what's in this stuff but I love and im never straying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG Soap! The price is reasonable and many other brands burn “down there”. Not Dove! I will repurchase.