November 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Best eyelash comb ever!!!! I've had mine for yrs and it still works great and of course would repurchase in a heartbeat!!=)...If your wear mascara this is a must have!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by bingbing

I carry this with me everywhere. Along with my passport and lipgloss, this thing's been to probably the same number of countries.
Before I bought one of these babies, I used to use an old toothbrush, but that wiped away more makeup than declumped. I wouldn't buy it again, unless I lost it. In which case there would be lots of crying involved, a tantrum or 2, and credit card waving.
I find the tines are the only ones small enough to actually get between clumped eyelashes to separate and declump properly. Have no idea how anyone gets anywhere with cheapie plastic ones - please teach me your secret if you have one!
Cleaning tip: I used to soak a cotton pad with eye makeup remover until one day a tine fell out! Argh! Now I'm a lot more gentle about cleaning it. This may sound silly, but dental floss works a treat. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a must-have item if you're like me and can't live without mascara but still want to have natural looking, clump-free lashes. Prior to this lash comb, I used an old mascara applicator that had been washed to comb clumps out of my lashes. It worked okay, but it was difficult to work it between my lashes or to target a specific clump, and hard to keep clean.

My sister gave me this comb and I absolutely love it. The metal teeth are close enough together to really separate all your lashes, but if you just want to attack one teensy clump without disturbing your other lashes you can just turn this comb vertical and use the outermost tooth to pick away.

WARNING - the teeth are very sharp, like little pins. Do not attempt to use this lash comb in the car or anywhere else where you could get jostled unexpectedly, or you could do some serious damage to your eyeball. This is also what's so great about this lash comb. The sharp ends enable you to really get into tight spots. You could literally separate each and every lash if you wanted to. And because the ends are so fine, it helps to pull apart lashes and clumps with as little tugging as possible.

This comb is also very easy to clean. Just take a tissue or pad moistened with water or eye makeup remover and swipe it across the teeth. The teeth fold into the handle for safe storage, so it's really convenient for tossing into your makeup bag or purse. It's a little more expensive than other lash combs, but trust me it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this eyelash comb is absolutely amazing! i picked this up after my previous metal lash comb went missing (the Sephora Professional Lash Comb) and have been obsessed with it ever since. i guess i thought all eyelash combs were created equally as long as they had metal teeth, but i couldn't have been more wrong! when i used the Sephora version it always seemed to me that the teeth were spaced too far apart for them to actually get in between and separate each individual lash, but Tweezerman's version gets every single tiny last one of them! the tips of the teeth also seem sharper to me, meaning that they do a better job of pushing through the base of your lashes to separate them evenly. when it comes to clumps of mascara, the iLashcomb removes them quickly and easily with no tugging or flaking (as long as they're still wet). i thought it would annoy me that the iLashcomb folds in on itself, but it doesn't bother me at all, and this way the teeth are protected and kept sharper. Sephora's lash comb had a plastic cover to protect the teeth but it was a PITA to make sure i never lost it, and being clear plastic, it could be hard to find once you set it down. i don't know how else to say it, but this Tweezerman iLashcomb just works so much better than all the other metal lash combs i've tried! i'm so glad that i decided to buy it, and i'd DEFINITELY repurchase if it were to disappear. i find the easiest way to clean the metal teeth of the comb is take a wet piece of toilet paper or tissue and wipe the mascara off, which is easiest to do each and every time you use the comb while the mascara is still damp/fresh. it works great and doesn't dull down the teeth, and this way you never get dried up mascara build-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Found this item at a local drugstore while waiting for a prescription to be filled. I'd been wanting a metal eyelash comb but never knew where to find one. I never imagined how unproductive plastic lash seperators were before using this product. I must admit it feels a bit awkward to use at first and takes a bit of practice. Just a small word of warning: flaking mascara can and may get into eyes big time upon use!! Also, make sure to check under eyes and on cheeks for bits of mascara fallout. Overall, I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

I cannot live without this little lash tool as it is the key to having natural looking lashes, no matter what mascara I use. I used to use the metal comb by Sonia Kashuk, and that one was decent, but the Tweezerman version is perfect. I ordered mine from drugstore.com (never actually seen this in a store) and it's quite inexpensive (under $10 for sure). Highly recommend and would definitely repurchase if I ever lost it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by teesa2you

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this little device for over 12 yrs now.
I use it while my mascara is still wet and comb through. I have almond shaped eyes, and I had no problem using this. Its easy to clean, but be careful, try cleaning it with an old toothbrush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess everything's been said about this comb (I have it in black, by the way. What's up with that clear one?). I'm just adding my two cents, saying it makes any mascara better, that it's gonna live longer than I will and to be carefull, because poking your eyes is no hard task with this tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 4:44:00 AM More reviews by jaimeyusu

HG tool, this comb makes your mascara 200% better.
Clumped lashes are long forgotten thing for me now.
Price is cheap, about 10bucks at drugstores, and this will last long, since the metal combs look stern.
It's short, slim and has an attached lid so the metal comb stays safe&clean. It's SO smart.

**Please look in the mirror when using. The ends of the metal combs are really sharp like a needle, and can friggin' BLIND someone when poked in the eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this tool at my local Ulta store. It was a "sale" item and I had never tried a metal comb prior to this tweezerman one. It's been a rather tricky and dangerous tool for me to learn how to use and I seem to always manage to poke/jab myself with this item/tool which is NOT good since this tool is so darn sharp! One could REALLY hurt one's self even with being extra cautious as I like to think I have been in using it. My routine consists of:
1. Comb through lashes prior to curling them and prior to application of mascara.
2. Curl lashes
3. Apply mascara and while still wet comb through with this tool.
Personally this tool is not the best for my almond shaped eyes as it is awkard if not impossible for me to reach the inner and corner end lashes without taking my eye out. And this comb is definitely more challenging to get completely clean. However I just read the review about using a toothbrush to clean this tool and will try that the next go around. I said yes to repurchase of this comb however I am still undecided at this point and will continue to research/search for another that possibly, hopefully is more user friendly in that one doesn't expect injury or possibility of it when going to use this type of tool. ;-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No