July 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this is certainly the definition of minimum coverage. Goes on nicely, can layer it nicely. Doesnt feel like anything on. I wear 720 creamy natural...my skin is ok, just a little redness on my chin and around my nose...this didnt cover it unless I layered it quite a bit..ok for around the house if i just want something on to look a tad more even

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product; all other CG foundations/powders I've tried did not match my skin tone at all, felt greasy and broke me out. Product claims to be hydrate for 11 hours, be fragrance free and won't clog pores. Hmmm. I have oily skin and this doesn't leave me oily at all, so if you have super dry skin this might not be moisturizing enough for you. I don't notice any overwhelming fragrance, and so far (fingers crossed!) no breakouts.

This stuff is just a tad bit yellow on me, (using 705 ivory) but I'm pretty sure no one notices but me! I just squeeze a pea size amount onto my makeup brush, and blend it into my skin over my Everyday Minerals green concealer. Then I top it of with my PF Illuminating powder in Translucent and wow...I cannot believe how good it looks. Other liquid foundations sort of turn to what almost looks like little foundation specks all over my face after about four hours...yuck. This foundation looked great after 8 hours! Even in the extreme humidity of where I live, it holds up well. Yay!! It costs $6 bucks at Target and comes in a sturdy little squeeze bottle. Has a sheer finish, so if you have any major blemishes to cover concealer is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by BetteNoire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CoverGirl Smoothers is a liquid foundation that can be found anywhere makeup products are sold. It’s hook is that it is all day hydrating foundation (which is about 11 hours). It also says that it is fragrance free and won’t clog pores and I have to say, I agree! It is very light so you barely feel it at all after it’s applied and easily blends with your skin tone. Lately you see all the foundations out there are ‘mineral powder’ and I have tried those. The coverage for liquid foundation is much better and lasts much longer. The mineral powder foundations work for a short time and don’t always make the biggest difference but they are good if you don’t have a lot of time in the morning since they are so simple to apply. As with other liquid foundations it takes a few minutes to apply (maybe 2-5min) so if you are a hardworking mom with little time, I would suggest you use powder foundations. I also found CG Smoothers blends easily with skin tone but will only really last on more problemed areas (like a red spot from a zit) for about 3-5 hours. If you lean your head on your hand for a while, it does not come off and will last through the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am in love and think I have found my HG...I'm 37 with good skin as far as lines go..ocasional breakouts. I've been wanting something with lighter coverage that doesn't give a caked on, worn look by the end of the day. This is perfect! Its a step above a tinted moisturizer as far as coverage goes...goes on so smooth and feels like heaven on your skin. I use shade 710--classic ivory and it is a dead on perfect match. I find that this will last throughout my day..no more long wear foundations for me that looked caked on after 8 hrs of wear. I get a soft, even finished better than my own skin natural look from this. Also this comes in a squeeze tube! yay...no more horrible revlon bottles that get contaminated. I wish I would have found this sooner!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation! I do not care for heavy coverage and this gives coverage with a light hand. I like the packaging and the pointed tube like opening. It stays fresh on my normal to dry skin. For the price you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in natural ivory. It applies sheer to light coverage, which took me a few wears to get use to, I have always worn medium to heavier foundations, but I wanted to try a lighter foundation without shelling out a lot of money. It blends easily and smoothly with either a sponge, brush, or finger tips. I liked that it matched my skin tone nicely without looking too pink. I found it didn't cover any eye baggage or redness around the nostrils so I definitely required concealer which blended nicely over top of the foundation. I used the CG smoothers powder (see review) dusted over top to set the m/u. I have read many reviewers posts about how this product isn't hydrating, so I was quite surprised that I needed to constantly add blotting powder throughout the day, especially since I normally don't with other foundations.
After 8 to 10 hours of wear my face started to become cakey and my pores were very obvious on my cheeks and nose. Overall not a bad sheer to light foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase as I will try other brands for better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rachtastik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG drugstore foundation. I have used it for years (I have now moved on to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, but keep Smoothers in my purse for touch-ups). It's light weight and goes on smoothly. It really evens out my skin and doesn't settle into my pors or lines. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, I would definatly check this item out, it has a pretty good line of colors and it lasts a long time too!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by anee

I didnt understand whats wrong with it . First three months i tried , no coverage at all .And now it started giving a bad smell . I dont where I went wrong. Will not buy it again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by PaintInPastel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really dislike thick creamy foundations, I mean they provide amazing coverage
but they leave me feeling sticky and afraid to touch my face, and I constantly have
to apply blot powder! Now this make up is far from sticky and oily, I must admit it doesn't provide the coverage that is ideal, but with a few dabs of concealer underneath
and voila you've got beautiful airbrushed skin, I do use a mineral powder over top to control oil and shine, it made my pores look smaller. I have to admit the first few times I used this product I hated it, just messy and I tried to use a sponge, but after you get the hang of it, it's a great inexpensive pick me up, I must admit 705(ivory) is a little dark on me, but I'm terribly fair, it gives me a nice little glow without the orange,pink or yellow streaky color! definatley natural and stay's put when used with powder
BEWARE: Will become greasy and melt off your face without a powder to set it

UPDATE- yeah so much for won't clog pores, AHAHAHA
it made my skin a mess! GROSS

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Alison56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup. The ivory is a perfect color match for me. My skin is dry, and the makeup is truly hydrating. No flaking or fading. I find that I need more coverage under the eye, tho, so I do use the CG Smoothers stick concealer along with the foundation.