Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 9/29/2009 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've read good reviews about this because it was a tinted moisturizer, which was what I was really looking for. However, they had a limited color range. The color was too light for me. And by early afternoon, the coverage was gone. I guess this foundation works for some people, but I'm not one of them! Still looking for that HG foundation.

on 9/8/2009 2:44:00 PM

Usually I wear Paula Begoun's Best Face Forward Foundation SPF 15 which I love. I wanted an inexpensive backup foundation so I grabbed CG Smoothers (Classic Ivory).

I really like this foundation. It provides light to medium coverage, very easy to blend & holds up fine with a light dusting of powder on my combo skin. If this foundation included SPF 15 sunscreen I'd probably stop buying Paula's foundation.

on 8/26/2009 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Decent for the price. I typically shy away from "hydrating" foundations since my skin is on the oilier side, but after spending a number of summer days in the hot sun, I find that my skin can use a little hydrating. This tends to be more "recreational" foundation for me, ie, I'll wear it for several hours at a time, like when I go out at night and don't want to look overly made-up. For my oilier and post-acne scarred skin, it's not not your wear-all-day foundation that's going to transform flawed to fabulous, but it isn't bad for what it does. I can't say I love it, but I enjoy wearing it - it's easy to apply, delivers a decent look, and I like the hydrating element for the summer.

on 8/22/2009 11:26:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation... between five and ten dollars at the drugstore, and it's the best thing I've ever found!!!! Light to medium coverage, never cakes, doesn't melt, fade unevenly or accentuate flakies. It's smooth, creamy, and makes skin look flawless. Totally worth it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This product is really a fantastic tinted moisturizer, NOT a foundation, so if you're looking for coverage, you're not going to get it from this. However, if you want light coverage, great moisturizing properties, and something that won't break you out, then this stuff is great. The colors are actually the colors of actual SKIN tones, unlike most drug store foundations which are all just in varying shades of orange or pink.

I wear shade 710, which is Classic Ivory I believe, and it suits my fair skin just fine. This stuff is also only $6 at my drug store, and I find the quality to be superb. It's a great substitute for my HG tinted moisturizer, Boots Botanics in Almond, which was discontinued. It's not QUITE as good because I do get a tad shiny at the end of the day in this, but overall I love it for giving me a dewy, healthy, natural look .

on 8/20/2009 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this with few excpectations, and it didn't exceed them.

It goes on very lightly and doesn't cover blemishes or redness (at all, on my face), and it leaves an oily sheen on all of my skin. It does go on easily and smoothly, but it never wears long and I have to reapply it often. It has also made my skin break out.

Perhaps it is just a bad foundation for my specific skin type, but I will never buy this again.

on 8/7/2009 12:37:00 AM

I like this foundation because it is very lightweight and not thick or greasy like some foundations but the coverage can be a little better,its great for a "natural" look.

I really like this foundation. I was going on a weekend trip with my best friend and needed to pick up an airport friendly foundation, so I stopped at the drugstore and picked this up really quickly. I knew I would probably be in a sticky situation (no pun intended), but I had no other choice. I ended up really liking it though!

PROS:
- goes on smoothly (with primer)
- evens out skin tone
- has lasting power
- made dry patches look good, instead of accentuating them :)

CONS:
- was a little too dark, but i can just pick up a lighter shade!
- comes in a small plastic tubey thing.

for reference, i have combination skin (oily t-zone and random dry patches), this left my skin looking great! didn't make me shiny, and didn't make the dry patches look flaky like most foundations do!

btw, will not buy again because i like department store brands for my HG foundations. however, for something cheap this worked great!

Very nice. Light coverage for a liquid foundation! They are usually way too heavy for my liking. But this one applies naturally and smoothly. Covers blemishes. I really like it. Although since liquid foundations seem to have too many weird ingredients and I like powder more than them, I'm moving on to Bare Minerals foundation!

on 7/19/2009 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I'm amazed at the department store quality of this inexpensive, easy to use, drugstore makeup! I have this in #720-Creamy Natural (for light skintones) and it applies like a gel infused with the foundation color. I'm able to use it around my eyes too - no irritation at all! I do apply it over a makeup primer, which is what I'd do with any brand of makeup. There is no seeping into the pores or discolorations as the day wears on. And the makeup is fragrance-free!

You can't go wrong for less that $7.00 with this Cover Girl makeup!
I highly recommend this makeup if you have normal,combo or even dry skin! It's excellent!