October 21, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by botticellibabe

Very nice. Light coverage for a liquid foundation! They are usually way too heavy for my liking. But this one applies naturally and smoothly. Covers blemishes. I really like it. Although since liquid foundations seem to have too many weird ingredients and I like powder more than them, I'm moving on to Bare Minerals foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm amazed at the department store quality of this inexpensive, easy to use, drugstore makeup! I have this in #720-Creamy Natural (for light skintones) and it applies like a gel infused with the foundation color. I'm able to use it around my eyes too - no irritation at all! I do apply it over a makeup primer, which is what I'd do with any brand of makeup. There is no seeping into the pores or discolorations as the day wears on. And the makeup is fragrance-free!

You can't go wrong for less that $7.00 with this Cover Girl makeup!
I highly recommend this makeup if you have normal,combo or even dry skin! It's excellent!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by keepasecret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I loved this product when I first got it but that is when I wasn’t really into makeup and I was like “oh they are all the same” and then I started to watch episodes on you tube and now I am a addict. I stopped using it for a month but just now I was trying my sisters blush (which was awesome ‘cover girl blush mink’) and I was out off my normal foundation and so we hurry and put this on a my sister just applied like she does with her makeup which is a lot more then I usually do and the coverage and the redness reducer was the best and I am in love with it now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this is certainly the definition of minimum coverage. Goes on nicely, can layer it nicely. Doesnt feel like anything on. I wear 720 creamy natural...my skin is ok, just a little redness on my chin and around my nose...this didnt cover it unless I layered it quite a bit..ok for around the house if i just want something on to look a tad more even

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product; all other CG foundations/powders I've tried did not match my skin tone at all, felt greasy and broke me out. Product claims to be hydrate for 11 hours, be fragrance free and won't clog pores. Hmmm. I have oily skin and this doesn't leave me oily at all, so if you have super dry skin this might not be moisturizing enough for you. I don't notice any overwhelming fragrance, and so far (fingers crossed!) no breakouts.

This stuff is just a tad bit yellow on me, (using 705 ivory) but I'm pretty sure no one notices but me! I just squeeze a pea size amount onto my makeup brush, and blend it into my skin over my Everyday Minerals green concealer. Then I top it of with my PF Illuminating powder in Translucent and wow...I cannot believe how good it looks. Other liquid foundations sort of turn to what almost looks like little foundation specks all over my face after about four hours...yuck. This foundation looked great after 8 hours! Even in the extreme humidity of where I live, it holds up well. Yay!! It costs $6 bucks at Target and comes in a sturdy little squeeze bottle. Has a sheer finish, so if you have any major blemishes to cover concealer is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by BetteNoire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CoverGirl Smoothers is a liquid foundation that can be found anywhere makeup products are sold. It’s hook is that it is all day hydrating foundation (which is about 11 hours). It also says that it is fragrance free and won’t clog pores and I have to say, I agree! It is very light so you barely feel it at all after it’s applied and easily blends with your skin tone. Lately you see all the foundations out there are ‘mineral powder’ and I have tried those. The coverage for liquid foundation is much better and lasts much longer. The mineral powder foundations work for a short time and don’t always make the biggest difference but they are good if you don’t have a lot of time in the morning since they are so simple to apply. As with other liquid foundations it takes a few minutes to apply (maybe 2-5min) so if you are a hardworking mom with little time, I would suggest you use powder foundations. I also found CG Smoothers blends easily with skin tone but will only really last on more problemed areas (like a red spot from a zit) for about 3-5 hours. If you lean your head on your hand for a while, it does not come off and will last through the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lipz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am in love and think I have found my HG...I'm 37 with good skin as far as lines go..ocasional breakouts. I've been wanting something with lighter coverage that doesn't give a caked on, worn look by the end of the day. This is perfect! Its a step above a tinted moisturizer as far as coverage goes...goes on so smooth and feels like heaven on your skin. I use shade 710--classic ivory and it is a dead on perfect match. I find that this will last throughout my day..no more long wear foundations for me that looked caked on after 8 hrs of wear. I get a soft, even finished better than my own skin natural look from this. Also this comes in a squeeze tube! yay...no more horrible revlon bottles that get contaminated. I wish I would have found this sooner!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by gb281

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation! I do not care for heavy coverage and this gives coverage with a light hand. I like the packaging and the pointed tube like opening. It stays fresh on my normal to dry skin. For the price you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in natural ivory. It applies sheer to light coverage, which took me a few wears to get use to, I have always worn medium to heavier foundations, but I wanted to try a lighter foundation without shelling out a lot of money. It blends easily and smoothly with either a sponge, brush, or finger tips. I liked that it matched my skin tone nicely without looking too pink. I found it didn't cover any eye baggage or redness around the nostrils so I definitely required concealer which blended nicely over top of the foundation. I used the CG smoothers powder (see review) dusted over top to set the m/u. I have read many reviewers posts about how this product isn't hydrating, so I was quite surprised that I needed to constantly add blotting powder throughout the day, especially since I normally don't with other foundations.
After 8 to 10 hours of wear my face started to become cakey and my pores were very obvious on my cheeks and nose. Overall not a bad sheer to light foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase as I will try other brands for better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by rachtastik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG drugstore foundation. I have used it for years (I have now moved on to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, but keep Smoothers in my purse for touch-ups). It's light weight and goes on smoothly. It really evens out my skin and doesn't settle into my pors or lines. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, I would definatly check this item out, it has a pretty good line of colors and it lasts a long time too!