MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

When I was looking for a foundation for the first time in my life, I went to the top brands because they seemed to be most trustable. I knew a lot of people who had MAC and looooved it. I went to the store and asked them if it clogged pores; since they said no, I gave it a shot. This foundation was pretty expensive, and it didn't cover as much as I would have liked it too, though it did even out the tone in my skin. However, this foundation is really thick and DOES CLOG PORES. I was really disappointed when I found out that they had lied to me and that the acne I got was pretty bad. They were the biggest pimples I have ever received to date. It doesn't matter how well you wash your face at night because this is really bad for your skin.
I will not buy this product again. It's definitely not worth the money.

on 8/16/2010 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A few months ago I purchased MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation in NC44. First of all, the makeup artist who prescribed this color to me was an idiot, as it seemed too orange at first and just generally too dark. As summer came along and I got a bit of a tan, it matches nearly perfectly.

That said, I am pretty happy with this product. Its sheer, very wearable, and leaves my patchy skin smooth and even.

If you wait too long to blend, it can dry and become caked in that spot.

I apply it with a rather cheap EcoTools large foundation brush and it blends very well, I find that it actually looks BETTER after a few hours!

I can wear this to P.E., out running errands or shopping during the summer, and it stays put pretty well!

If you have dry/normal skin, this foundation is for you. Its smooth, creamy, and stays put for up to 16 hours, as long as you blot!

on 8/12/2010 10:09:00 AM

i dunno some ppl who dont like this foundation. To tell the truth, i'm not a big fan of mac liquid foundations..studio fix is too thick for me, moisture blend is too think and sticky for me too. I like this one..just enough what i need..medium coverage..it does not cakey at all..matte finish and feels so soft after wearing this..but make sure you enough moisturise and wear primer..without foundation primer no foundation lasts long..I've been using NC range before which are too yellow and orange..now i changed to NW. It's perfectly match my skin tone. NW range are pink base but mixing with yellow tone i think..i love this foundation.

on 8/4/2010 11:06:00 PM

I HATE THIS PRODUCT.

At the first time I tried this product satisfied enough, then the following days of usage, I notice major breakout on my face! My skin dried up around the mouth and felt irritated.

I won't repurchase and definitely throw it out and find another good product,

on 8/4/2010 11:51:00 AM

Horrible foundation! First of all, the MAC SA matched me with the wrong colour. Second, this foundation feels and looks thick eventhough I only applied a small amount. Third, its got a cakey look and does not give a nice flawless finish. I have dry skin and this definitely doesn't work well with my skin as it dries my face up even more. Truly a disappointing product from MAC.

on 8/2/2010 7:39:00 AM

I adore this foundation.When the mac's mua put it on my face i was looking in the mirror speachless.It's incredible! Seriously if you want medium coverage and a foundation that feels light on your skin this is it!
I think its a good coverage and also its buildable.Plus you can achieve an even greater coverage using a powder. It really made my skin look sooo beautiful.It wasn't only the fact that gave a pretty good coverage but also made my skin glowing.I looked really healthy, Can't compare it with any liquid foundation i had(maybe just the clarins).
I had this foundation for a long time and now i might repurchase it because i loved its light feeling
Oh!and do not apply it with a sponge. I don't know why but its just not the same without a brush....If you use it with a sponge looks like nothing. A stifling brush gives the best pro result

on 7/31/2010 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Oh how could I have lived to be 30 without ever having my skin tone matched by a MAC make-up artist? For 15 years I have been trying a million colors of foundation, thinking I have a cool skin tone, and only last week I got matched as a NC37 by a MAC make-up artist!! Anyway, trying Select in NC 37 for a week was a dream come true for color matching, and it really blends nicely. However, I have oily skin and work 12 hour days, and this product just kinda "melts" after a while. Moreover, with my sun spots and red spots, I need a tad bit more coverage. This is good stuff if you want light-medium coverage and have normal skin. I will try Studio Fix next!

on 7/28/2010 9:10:00 AM

A terrible foundation!

This foundation settles into every little line on my face (and I'm 29 - not too many lines yet) and looks dull, cakey and chalky. By lunchtime the foundation has worn off completely.

The only reason it gets one lippy is that the colour (NW15) matches my skin perfectly.

on 7/17/2010 6:13:00 PM

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I have been using it for 2 years now because NW20 is the only shade that matches my skin and looks natural on me. I have tried so many brands..Lancome, Clinique, Revlon, Estee Lauder, Chanel ect. and all of them are either too yellow, too pink, too orange or just too drab and wash me out. But I do recognize the fact that it probably hasn't done my acne any favors. I always have clogged pores and small clusters of zits. My problem is I have uneven skin tone and my face gets red easily, so when I want to look good and put together, foundation is a must. I don't wear it all the time and I think even if I never wore foundation I would still have a small acne problem, but I probably do have to work extra hard to keep it a bay while using this FD. So I probably will continue to buy this unless I find another foundation in the exact same shade that doesn't break me out. What I really wish is for MAC to be more skin friendly! >: (

on 7/15/2010 11:55:00 PM

I hated this foundation. The color selection is terrible, it broke me out, it didn't give good coverage. It also dried my skin out completely (making it flake), and became streaky at the end of the day. I really regret buying this foundation, it was my first and it was terrible. I now use Visible Lift by L'oreal and LOVE it. I would NOT reccomend this to anyone. MAC foundation is terrible, but they have wonderful other stuff.