Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 9/14/2010 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have previously been using L'Oreal Double Extension beauty tubes that comes with mascara at one end and lash primer at the other. After trying many mascaras from premium brands (Clinique, Dior, Lancome) and after reading the good reviews for this product, I thought I would try it to see if it were even better.

I was disappointed. My medium length, thin lashes were not lengthened or thickened to the extent that I got from my L'Oreal mascara and I even splashed out on new Lancome mascara to use with the Cils Booster.

Given the price of nearly 45 for the Cils Booster and Lancome mascara, I'll stay with my 9 L'Oreal mascara that gives much better results at 1/5 of the price.

on 9/4/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best eyelash primer I have tried yet - it gives my wimpy little lashes a huge boost and would work with almost ANY mascara! I love it! It's a great investment, and lasts for a very long time!

on 8/21/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

It's been a while since I've used a mascara base, but since I got this as a GWP, I figured I'd give it a try. Wow! This base lengthened my lashes incredibly, and not only did it keep my curl, but it actually enhanced it! The only thing I noticed was that you have to really work to build it up, it doesn't go on super easy. But other than that, it's a great product that I will consider purchasing when I run out.

on 8/16/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must admit that I only used the trial size (given as GWP) and this has no effect compared to my favorite Shiseido Mascara Base.

on 8/13/2010 5:49:00 PM

AMAZING. Makes my lashes long, thick, beautiful. Finally a product that does what it says. All other high end eye products usually disappoint and I find I have wasted my money. However this truly does work, and does exactly what it says. A great investment if you want incredible lashes.

on 8/12/2010 10:15:00 AM

Just can't live without this mascara. I buy it together with Hypnose mascara and it makes my eyelashes REALLY long! People keep asking me what mascara do I use and the people that I've recommended it to and have bought it never complained.

One thing though - it is at its best after about 2 weeks of use so just give some time before deciding on it.

on 8/5/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm gonna have to say, this primer did nothing for my lashes. I could not even tell a difference. My lashes did not stay curled, it did not lengthen or thicken and they were super clumpy(clumpy is not thick in my eyes). I usually like clumpy but this was too much for me. I used the entire tube, but will not buy it again.

on 8/1/2010 3:49:00 AM

I am pissed at this mascara base and pissed off at myself for giving in and spend $42.50 to buy the freaken Lush lash set from Nordstrom. I heard a lot of good reviews on it so i decided to buy it without trying it first. Stupid, i know. The freaken cilis booster xl mascara base sucked and did nothing for my lashes. In fact it weighed down my lashes, even after i curled my lashes with an eye lash curler. After applying the mascara base, and seeing that my lashes have fallen back into their normal state, which was straight downward pointing, i didn't even want to apply the mascara anymore. And when i did apply the Hypnose mascara, I wanted my money back. Sooooo bad. Even when i applied the mascara without the base, i was still disappointed. I just wish i had read more reviews before i bought it. My advice is that if you have very straight stubborn lashes and most mascaras don't give your lashes a lift, you WILL be disappointed if you buy this, because it will make your lashes droopy. I warned you. Now, how am i ever going to finish up the freaken mascara base and the hypnose mascara? So mad.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't had a really noticeable different when using this primer. It also doesn't hold my curl at all, so by the time I'm ready to apply my mascara over this, my lashes have already straightened out again. It also clumps very easily.

on 7/17/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Of two minds about this product. have used with both diorshow blackout and hypnose.

CONS: straightens my lashes dead straight after curling with a mascara wand. makes the lashes clumpy and agree with others that it looks a bit spidery.
PROS: first product ever (!!) that does not cause my mascara to give me raccoon eyes and believe you me i've tried every mascara under the sun. maybe it's always because i have always needed a primer. does make my lashes look a bit fuller and longer.

will not be buying again as i have very straight lashes and love to have that curled look, but will be using the rest of the tube/wand as it was $27...

definitely recommend testing this product first before paying for it.