MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

For such a long time, I debated about purchasing this brush. I've heard such great things about it but never bought it because I have so many similar brushes that work great but I have to admit it, the 239 Brush is great! I don't know what it is but it makes applying a shade so simple and easy to pack on.

on 2/22/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely worth the money. If you are trying to build up your M.A.C. brush collection, then this is one of their must-have brushes. I am unable to compare this brush to any other in its category. I had the Sigma version of this brush & it doesn't compare @ all. This brush will give the smoothest application on the lid. It won't ever "trip-up" over the lid, just an effortless glide. I am also able to obtain much more control of my shadow application, & I have also noticed a significant decrease in shadow "fall-out" whenever I use this brush. Of course I do have other "back-up" brushes for this one, but this is definitely my favorite brush for applying/packing shadow onto my lid. It's expensive but I'm glad that I invested in it.

This is a great brush and the "go-to" brush when I'm on holiday and refuse to bring the whole entire collection of brushes. This is a multi-functional brush and pretty versatile.

Don't think I'll be re-purchasing this as MAC brushes are long lasting and of optimum quality.

on 2/19/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Well...I'm another lover of the fabulous 239 brush!! At around 30 dollars Canadian ($29.50 to be exact) it is expensive, but so worth it. I love how it feels in your hand...the firmness of the bristles...you have complete control. It also washes up beautifully...so far no staining!

Yes, I would definitely buy this again if I needed to, but right now there are a couple of other MAC brushes out there with my name on them! :-)

on 2/10/2011 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I've been using the 239 shader brush for about 3 weeks now. I purchased this at the same time as the 217 blender brush, and the 217 overshadowed it for a while, I just couldn't get into the 239 for some reason. That was until I watched EnKore youtube video on the shader brush:

He opened my eyes to how useful this little brush can be! Now I can do an entire look with the 239! I can't claim it as HG yet as I've only tried out a couple a shader brushes, but I get the feeling that it is going to be HG.

I said I'd repurchase, because I think it would be worth having 2 or 3 in my arsenal (personally anyway) when I'm working with lots of colours but at the moment I'll use a bit of MAC brush cleanser to wipe away the excess eyeshadow without making the brush too damp.

Other points: I really notice a difference in application of colours and how bright or true they look, especially with EnKore's tips. The brush is easy to clean compared to some other shader brushes (ahem, ecotools). It also dries quite quickly too. The handle is really nice to hold and the brush feels balanced in my hand. Basically I only have good things to say about this brush!

Oh, one last thing, make sure you get some brush cleanser to extend the life of your brushes! These don't come cheap after all...

But yes, my love for the MAC 239 is growing with each time I reach for it

on 2/4/2011 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

(I probably never buy this brush again, only because it'll probably last me forever)
So. I'm in love with this brush. I have a PLENTY of brushes, but I can live only with this one and the 217.
The 239 is perfect for applying colors to the lid, applying highlight color, inner corner color and also for applying color to the lower lash line!
It's soft, and the bristles are dense..
Must.have.brush!

on 2/4/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this brush. It's a great size for applying lid colours! I have to play around with it a bit more to find all of its uses but so far, a great lid brush! Worth it just for that.

on 1/11/2011 3:55:00 PM

I love this brush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its great for pressing on the color on the lid and also can serve as a blender if you use the right technique. This is one of those brushes that is multi-functional. The price is a little high, but that is just MAC, but these are brushes that will last a life time if you know how to take care of them Definitely, i would buy it again if i was to loose it!

on 1/11/2011 3:33:00 PM

This is a great brush. It packs on color well and even does a good job at blending. To me, there aren't any downsides.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i had used all coastal scents brushes until i decided to give in and buy some mac brushes. i have absolutely no complaints about my CS brushes, but i feel like mac have more unique brushes for different needs.
anyway, this brush is great and i love how it's so dense and soft and really packs on color so well. i have not used my pink CS shadow brush since i've gotten the 239, it's really great. i actually had to use my CS brush the other day because my 239 was dirty, and it didn't pack on the color and have the same effect as i thought it did before i bought the 239.
i don't regret buying any of my mac brushes, despite their price tag. these really are an investment and so worth the price. but, if the dupes from michael's are just as good, i'm all about saving money :)

Popular Makeup Brushes