January 30, 2015 | 1896 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by laurendahlia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this eyeliner when my die-hard Avon friend recommended it to me. I was pretty disappointed. It glides on pretty smooth, which is a plus, but it smudges easily and fades a lot throughout the day. The staying power is just bad. It looks good right after you apply it, but goes downhill soon afterwards. I got it in brown, and I do like the color...I just wish it lasted longer! I've never been a big fan of Avon products, and after using this eyeliner (among a couple other products) I still don't really like their makeup. Not impressed! I'll stick with my Revlon eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

Quite surprised how well this works! I've tried various Avon make up in the past and have not been impressed by any before. It's long lasting, the black is true and it's easy to apply, even tightlining. It's quite soft so you don't feel you're dragging your skin but it stays put without having to let it set. Very good. Already bought more to share with others. Edit: Have had to remove 1 lippie. Found out not all the Glimmersticks are the same! The first one I bought was a limited edition one in Black Stripe, I think. The one with the gold pattern on the packaging. The normal ones don't seem to hold up nearly as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 1arianab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect eyeliner for all occassions. I use the waterproof in the summer and it stays put. Not sure if my eyes are "that watery" but by mid-day I do find myself reapplying to my lower lash line -- which is okay with me (afternoon freshening makeup). No need to sharpen. Great overall product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by clarefp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

have used these eyeliners for a few years, they work really well for thick lines and dark eyeliner. nice and soft and goes one great - much preferably to a kohl as the tend to be too dry. only a liquid liner goes on darker.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner only works slightly better in summer, when it's melted a little. In other seasons, it's waxy and dry. It doesn't apply well at all, it's broken up jagged lines rather than one straight smooth line. Even using little small strokes, it's impossible to get even coverage. It's so dry it tugs on my eyelids, which will eventually turn into premature wrinkles.
Also, for longer time of wear, it transfers onto my lower lids, smudging and making me look like a panda. It's not even easy to get off, yet it still smudges so easily!
The only good thing this thing can do is line my waterline. I dunno, maybe my tears of disappointment make it finally do its job?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great Eyeliner!
I have this in Cosmic brown and it glides on well and i only have to reapply once

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by GlitterPink22

Im in love with this product!!! (saturn grey)
It stays on all day and doesnt smear thw WHOLE day
Its verry inexpensive, and you get a great product for only like 3 dollars!
I love this eyeliner and will keep using it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Blackest Black.This is one of the worst eyeliners I have ever come across!My favorite eyeliners are the pencil type that you have to sharpen,but I like to try different types of things so when they were on sale I tried one.It was very dry and skipped so it was impossible to get a smooth,even line.The line was too thick for my taste which is why I always have liked the pencils.The color was also more like a muted black than a true jet black and after a few hours it faded even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Danamaze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this eyeliner for at least a year and a half. I always buy blackest black (G01) and it never disappoints. It goes on very smoothly and stays. It hardly smudges, but if you line the water line you will have to re-apply every few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lightxl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at all the good reviews because this was the worst eyeliner I've bought. It's very dry and difficult to apply. It tugs, so it's I can't get a smooth line. I have this in black and the color is not very impressive at all. I was looking for something that was more wearable and less dramatic than liquid liners (which I usually use). For the everyday look, cream or gel liners work better. Kohl liners for the smoky eye. And liquid liners for a dramatic sophisticated effect. This product on the other hand serves no purpose. If there's a technique to it that I'm not aware of, please let me know so that this doesn't sit unused in my makeup bag.