Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 4/11/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought a bunch and regretted buying them. They're waxy and hard to apply and the packaging is bad for the environment. It goes on light. To get a true colour you really have to stab your lids. I much prefer annabelle kohl liners.

on 4/11/2010 1:41:00 PM

I buy the Glimmersticks in the waterproof and I swear by it. it stays put ALL day (and night) and it goes on super smoothly. it's very inexspensive too. I love it! I will sometimes use a liquid liner, but when I'm just lining my lashes to make them thicker, I couldn't ask for a better product. I have tried many brands of eyeliner and I am most satisfied with this one!! but I do recomend to get the waterproof version...something that will hold up to sweat and oil.

on 4/7/2010 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i can usually buy these eyeliners 3 for $10, so i cant really complain. i found ( after the many i have bought over time) that the odd eyeliner is VERY dry and hardly works on my eyes. it almost comes out grey on my eyes.. but then i will open a new one and it will work perfectly fine. i also find that when i lean against my boyfriend, i always leave a streak of eyeliner on his sweater or arm! ha it rubs off so fast. but i keep buying it because of the amazing price and they dont require a sharpener!

on 4/2/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

To me, this eyeliner is second only to Bourjois. I have the waterproof in black, brown, aubergine, black diamond (the one with a bit of sparkle), and bronze. It glides on well, and doesn't smudge, but it doesn't last as long as the Bourjois one does. With the black specifically it is like, I start out as black, and some 3-4h later I have more of a slate grey tone going on - which is fine, but I'd definitely not wanna wear it to a wedding or any other occasion where I'd want to look the same all night long.

I received this as a gift, in Blackest Black. It is waterproof.
It tugs the skin a bit. However my main problem is that it made my eyes itch like crazy. I obviously had an allergic reaction to something in it :(

on 3/28/2010 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this eyeliner when my die-hard Avon friend recommended it to me. I was pretty disappointed. It glides on pretty smooth, which is a plus, but it smudges easily and fades a lot throughout the day. The staying power is just bad. It looks good right after you apply it, but goes downhill soon afterwards. I got it in brown, and I do like the color...I just wish it lasted longer! I've never been a big fan of Avon products, and after using this eyeliner (among a couple other products) I still don't really like their makeup. Not impressed! I'll stick with my Revlon eyeliner.

on 3/23/2010 11:17:00 AM

Quite surprised how well this works! I've tried various Avon make up in the past and have not been impressed by any before. It's long lasting, the black is true and it's easy to apply, even tightlining. It's quite soft so you don't feel you're dragging your skin but it stays put without having to let it set. Very good. Already bought more to share with others. Edit: Have had to remove 1 lippie. Found out not all the Glimmersticks are the same! The first one I bought was a limited edition one in Black Stripe, I think. The one with the gold pattern on the packaging. The normal ones don't seem to hold up nearly as well.

on 3/23/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect eyeliner for all occassions. I use the waterproof in the summer and it stays put. Not sure if my eyes are "that watery" but by mid-day I do find myself reapplying to my lower lash line -- which is okay with me (afternoon freshening makeup). No need to sharpen. Great overall product!

on 3/21/2010 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

have used these eyeliners for a few years, they work really well for thick lines and dark eyeliner. nice and soft and goes one great - much preferably to a kohl as the tend to be too dry. only a liquid liner goes on darker.

on 3/19/2010 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This eyeliner only works slightly better in summer, when it's melted a little. In other seasons, it's waxy and dry. It doesn't apply well at all, it's broken up jagged lines rather than one straight smooth line. Even using little small strokes, it's impossible to get even coverage. It's so dry it tugs on my eyelids, which will eventually turn into premature wrinkles.
Also, for longer time of wear, it transfers onto my lower lids, smudging and making me look like a panda. It's not even easy to get off, yet it still smudges so easily!
The only good thing this thing can do is line my waterline. I dunno, maybe my tears of disappointment make it finally do its job?