Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

4.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 2/28/2008 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is good but not amazing, it did strengthen my hair a little and helped keep away flaways, but it did not give me as much body as I would have liked. Will keep using, but on the fence about re-buy.

on 2/22/2008 8:40:00 PM

I am silly. I have had this OCD of pulling my hair on my left hand side for more than 2 years, all my hair are breakage-free except for a section of on the left. Under the light, i can see how the ends were sectioned and ready to break under no matter how nutritious/expensive the shampoo I used, or no matter how often I told my hairstylist to cut it. So I decided to give Emergencee a try. With the first try, the silly me ignored the procedures, since I dun have Nexxus Shampoo at home I just put the stuff on after shampoo, washed it off after 20 minutes. The result was horrible! I can see the breakages were much more prominent! So I immediately drove 5 miles to walmart at 11pm to pick up the therappe shampoo with the humectress conditioner. The next morning, i followed the procedures said on the box and... "Tah-Dah!" It's much much better! I can't say it cured all the severe breakages at once but it helped 70-80%! I am very happy with the first result, I will keep using it for a month and will update some more later! BTW, with that much money I spent on nexxus, I am sure I won't dare to give up or mess up the procedures again. UPDATE: not working. :<

on 2/3/2008 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Ok. Really, truly, seriously, a HG product. I wish I could show you before and after pics. I TR'd my hair for 3 years (every six months) and last year decided to grow it out so I could try a digital perm. I knew I couldn't do that over TR'd hair, so I resigned myself to cutting off some length and dealing with the outgrowth until I had a fresh head of virgin hair.

My natural hair is a straight-up, wild mess. For real. It's baby fine and fragile, but incredibly thick and curly. A strange, strange combination that no one (not even the best hairdressers) knows how to deal with. Hence the TR, which made my hair manageable, if not glorious.

So I cut off a significant amount of hair to speed the growing out process and bought a GHD flat-iron to straighten the (natural) curly part, which is now grown out to just past my ears. But you girls with fine hair know how it goes with flat irons. It felt (and looked) like my hair was literally melting, and I was considering just TR'ing it again because my hair always held up pretty well to that. And that was despite being as gentle as could be with my hair- no blow drying, washing only every third day, and not using any alcohol products!

Anyway, I was sort of at my wits end, and thought about just buying a wig or pulling a Britney to be done with it. But the wondeful ladies of MUA came to my rescue again...this stuff feels like it resurrected my hair. I've used it once a week for the past month and my hair has been literally transformed. It feels strong, looks shiny, and has a bounce it never had before. The parts that were TR'd are strong and healthy, and the normally insanely frizzy, cotton-ballish, grown-out parts are actually smooth and curly instead of James Brown afro-ish! It makes me wonder if I might actually be able to live with my own natural hair, since it looks so smooth and the curls look so defined and healthy..

I use this stuff every Sunday, and will continue to do so until they discontinue it. I plan on stocking up (think, like 2000 bottles) next payday and building a secured basement fort to store them in.

My routine: I wash with Suave clarifying shampoo, and then use about a quarter size dollap for each half of my hair. I comb it though, pin it up, wrap it in saran-wrap, then a layer of foil, and blow-dry for 10 minutes. Then I sit with it for about 40 minutes. Rinse it out, shampoo with Creme of Nature Shampoo, then comb a generous amount of Biolage Conditioning Balm through it, repeat the saran-wrap, foil, blow-drying and sitting routine for another 40 minutes. Then I rinse it really, really well and let it air-dry overnight.

In the am, I use GHD's thermal protector, flat-iron in all of about 20 minutes, and my hair is now shiny, strong and looks like virgin hair. I know it's sort of a nasty surprise when my boyfriend wakes up to find me with a foil hat on and Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask on my face every Sunday, but he's learned to live with it. Though he does ask me sometimes if the foil-hat is to prevent the aliens from reading my mind...anyway, even he said recently, "Wow...your afro is...smalller" If that ain't a testimonial, I don't know what is!

on 1/25/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! Thank you ladies for all your helpful reviews for this great product. I used it yesterday for the first time and am delighted with the results. Background: My hair has been looking yucky lately for some inexplicable reason. I have really fine/thin, straight, naturally dark blonde hair with a few highlights. I try to be really careful with it -- I condition regularly, I don't color or highlight too often, I don't use a flat iron or curling iron, I get regular haircuts, but still my hair has lost its lustre and has the texture has changed. It looks o.k. the day I wash & style it, but the next morning it looks truly terrible -- the ends are oddly fluffy, like a dry cotton ball that's been pulled apart. When I brush it, it doesn't look much better. I guess it's age-related (sigh). I tried some deep conditioners and they provided a temporary quick fix, but I knew I needed to do something else to help restore my hair. Enter MUA and Emergencee. It has smoothed the ends (didn't wash my hair today and it looks fine) and has given me some hope! My hair hasn't looked this good in awhile and I will be using this product faithfully every 2 weeks from now on.

on 1/22/2008 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great reconstructor! I use it every few months when I feel my hair needs an extra dose of protein. I still follow the directions that were on the salon only bottles. I leave it on for about 20 minutes, sometimes with heat like my stylist did, then shampoo after with Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner because I always have them both on hand. Any moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (without silicones or protein) would work as well. I've also used it at times as a protein filler before coloring my hair.

I do not suggest using this in any way other than the way the directions tell you to, or more often. Misuse of protein can damage hair.

Since this is a protein reconstructor and not a conditioner, you will not see noticable results immediately as you would with a great conditioner or deep treatment. What a protein reconstructor does is strengthen the hair from the inside out. Over time, this means stronger hair and less damage. A must if you color or heat style, in my opinion.

This product has been released by Nexxus to be sold on the mass market now so no worries whether or not you're buying the real thing when you see it available at grocery stores, drugstores or discount stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart or Target.

The bottle seems small but I get at least 4 or 5 uses out of it, even as long as my hair is, so it's really worth the money.

My hair is 1c-2a/F/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, with dry ends.

on 1/17/2008 3:58:00 PM

OH MY GOD.

This product is amazing. I have very fine, fragile hair due to extensive bleaching and coloring as well as heat damage. After one use of Emergencee my hair has been TRANSFORMED. It is so soft and silky and shiny and it feels so much stronger. Normally I'm afraid to even touch my hair because breakage is so bad but Emergencee has literally saved my hair. It feels amazing. I will definitely continue buying the product,

on 1/6/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. My hair was so dry and brittle before I started using it. I thought I ws going to have to chop off a few inches.

I've used this product about 4 times already. I followed the old instructions and left it in for 20 minutes. I didn't use heat but I will try that next time I use this product. Afterwards, I shampoo and condition with Redken All Soft.

My thin blonde hair is full of life and feels so much better. My dry ends look much smoother. Best product that I have bought in a long time.

on 1/5/2008 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a godsend for damaged hair. I agree with the rest of reviewers. The problem I can find with this product is that it's hard to find. I can sometimes find it at walmart or cvs. I shampoo with Suave humectect shampoo, rinse and ring hair out, use a good size amount of this, rinse, and use either allsoft hair mask/tresseme smooth and sleek mask/or infusium moisture treatment. My tripe processed hair comes out smooth and soft!

on 12/26/2007 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Again, not a product I usually have used, but bought for my recently burned and damaged hair. I have been amazed with how this has strengthened my hair which had been singed in fire (accidentally and stupidly my fault!), with color fading and dry/strawlike texture in places. I couldn't trim off all the damaged hair since it's around my face, but this has improved the texture and reduced how much hair I expected to simply fall out or break off. My hairdresser said that the rest of my hair that wasn't burned looked great and the singed hair was not as damaged as it looked at first, I think this would be a lifesaver for people with damaged hair from perms or bleaching. I don't color, perm, or heat style (except for blowdry) so I won't re-buy except for maybe one more time, but I highly reccomend. I usually wash once and then sqeeze out as much water as possible, apply A LOT, saturate hair all over and leave on with a shower cap for about 10-15 min before I wash again and condition. I used every day for 3 days after burn and now about 1/week, small bottle and moderately expensive (relatively speaking, I think less than $25) and I bought at walgreens so no special trips or waiting for shipment.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Years of highlighting left my hair dry and dull, so I tried this after doing some research. I use it every two to three weeks and my hair definitely looks and feels better. You have to wash your hair, leave this on for about two minutes, and then wash and condition your hair again. I would not use this as a leave in, but will buy this again since it gives me great results.