Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

on 10/31/2009 12:18:00 AM

I like this product, its not the best tho. Really smooth to put on, and I like how its lotion constincy.

on 10/21/2009 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this for 99cents with a qualifying purchase, but I won't buy it again even at that price. It's gentle and moisturizing, but not perfect at removing my eye makeup.
I'm still looking for my HG eye makeup remover, I think I'll just stick to olive oil!

on 10/21/2009 3:01:00 PM

This removed my eye makeup fairly well, but stung my eyes like crazy. It also left my eyes feeling "filmy" for a while after using it. The price is nice, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/17/2009 4:52:00 AM

It does the job. First lotion eyemakeup remover I've used it's too messy for me I hate that I have to rub for it to work.I just finished the bottle so it's not a bad product. BUT OMG it burns my eyes if it get in them. It's dirt cheap.

on 9/2/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This makeup remover is good, great for the price, it was like 2 dollars. It takes off most of my face makeup and eye makeup, but not 100%. Overall its still pretty good and quite moisturizing. Would buy again because it is cheap. I think i just prefer watery or oil based removers instead of this creamy, lotion type one.

on 9/2/2009 5:46:00 PM

I just bougt this product because I realized that I did not have a remover for my waterproof mascara. Let me say, this is the best remover ever! It takes off my waterproof mascara like it's nothing. Best part is, I got it on sale for half price! I would def. go and buy this product!

on 8/23/2009 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the go to makeup remover for me. It is unbeatably inexpensive and on special most of the time, at which time I buy 5 to 10 bottles at once. It is a great product. It melts away any and all eye makeup and there is no need to scrub and pull at delicate eye skin to get things clean. There is no greasy, unpleasant feel after you've used it and while I don't recommend this for everyone or anyone on a regular basis, I have used this as a full face makeup remover on rare occasions i have been away from home and forgotten my tried and tested cleanser. No spots or problems. Just rinse REALLY well. A really fab product. Just love it!

on 7/31/2009 1:27:00 PM

This is the best remover i have ever used, it is not oily, and i feel like it keeps my eyes soft and moisturized. it also removes any eye makeup i use.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have spent a lot of money trying different drugstore eye make up removers. I've tried Cover Girl, L'Oreal, Almay and Neutrogena...even though they all did what they were supposed to, they all left a greasiness behind...although the Neutrogena didn't have half a bottle of oil, it just didn't work well on removing waterproof makeup. I was so close on just giving up and going to department store and picking one up there to try. Then I figured I'd try the avon one...WOW is all I could say. I've now been using the Avon eye makeup remover for two or three years now...I stock up whenever they go on sale. I bought four bottles for $0.99/ea. It's the best eye makeup remover I've found, and I recommend it to everyone I know.

Even though it's in a lotion form, it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or oily..the lotion wipes away makeup super easily, without tugging at the skin. I use it also when I need to clean up my eye liner, just put a dab of the product on a Q-Tip and erase the mistake...it's the best makeup remover in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the best, hands down, the absolute best eye makeup remover that I have ever used. Period. I strongly disagree with the previous reviewer for this product does remove my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in its entirety - I believe it is the method of removal that is in question and not the quality of this product.

The trick to removing mascara is to mimic the action of applying mascara. What I do when I remove my mascara is put a dab of Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover lotion in my hand, saturate a clean mascara wand, brush it through my lashes from root to tip several times, and gently wipe my eyelashes & when I am finished all my waterproof mascara has been removed, then I rinse the mascara wand, and then repeat this process on the other eye. This technique is the most gentle and effective way of taking off mascara that I have found and I hope this tip helps whomever reads this review.

By the way, this is wonderful product and it does indeed remove all my eye makeup (esp. my waterproof mascara), its very moisturizing, and its very very economical to boot and is worthy of HG status.