April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Moisture effective Eye makeup remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have spent a lot of money trying different drugstore eye make up removers. I've tried Cover Girl, L'Oreal, Almay and Neutrogena...even though they all did what they were supposed to, they all left a greasiness behind...although the Neutrogena didn't have half a bottle of oil, it just didn't work well on removing waterproof makeup. I was so close on just giving up and going to department store and picking one up there to try. Then I figured I'd try the avon one...WOW is all I could say. I've now been using the Avon eye makeup remover for two or three years now...I stock up whenever they go on sale. I bought four bottles for $0.99/ea. It's the best eye makeup remover I've found, and I recommend it to everyone I know.

Even though it's in a lotion form, it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy or oily..the lotion wipes away makeup super easily, without tugging at the skin. I use it also when I need to clean up my eye liner, just put a dab of the product on a Q-Tip and erase the mistake...it's the best makeup remover in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best, hands down, the absolute best eye makeup remover that I have ever used. Period. I strongly disagree with the previous reviewer for this product does remove my L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in its entirety - I believe it is the method of removal that is in question and not the quality of this product.

The trick to removing mascara is to mimic the action of applying mascara. What I do when I remove my mascara is put a dab of Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover lotion in my hand, saturate a clean mascara wand, brush it through my lashes from root to tip several times, and gently wipe my eyelashes & when I am finished all my waterproof mascara has been removed, then I rinse the mascara wand, and then repeat this process on the other eye. This technique is the most gentle and effective way of taking off mascara that I have found and I hope this tip helps whomever reads this review.

By the way, this is wonderful product and it does indeed remove all my eye makeup (esp. my waterproof mascara), its very moisturizing, and its very very economical to boot and is worthy of HG status.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this when I'm not wearing waterproof mascara. I found that it just doesn't handle Voluminous Waterproof. It is gentle and effective for everything else. I stock up when Avon has sales, which is often.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by janemarple

Not only is this great at taking off makeup (can't vouch for waterproof), but this makes the skin under my eyes so smooth and soft. I have always hated taking off my eye make up at the end of the day, but now in a strange way I look forward to it. The creamy consistency may cause a bit of blurry eye if it gets in, but other than that this is a great remover and one that I will stick with for a while. Next time Avon has this for 99 cents I am going to buy ten bottles!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to never remove my eye makeup. But recently I've decided to start doing so. This is a all around great product. It takes the eye makeup off super quick. And even works on my mascara. I usually have to leave it on my lashes for a minute or so. It takes the mascara off much faster than a wet towlette does. It makes my eyes feel soft. This is really good for sensitive skin. Only sensitive part on my face are my eyes. Products like this usually irritate them. It smells really good too

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love this stuff the only eye makeup remover i will use.

update: i know longer "Love" this stuff at all i like the oil free makeup remover type like mary kay eye stuff. so there way better things out there than this,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough for this product! It is the first and only eye makeup remover I've ever used, but I still say it's the best! I bought a bottle for 99 and use it every single day to remove eye makeup (works quite beautifully on waterproof mascara). It's gentle and doesn't sting, and is not too oily either, which is good for when you have to redo your eyeliner. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by PucaDot

HG HG! This is a fantastic eye makeup remover! The best one I've used thus far. Very hydrating and isn't the least bit oily like other eye makeup removers I've tried. Seriously, it feels like a moisturizer and has the same consistency. I usually squeeze some onto a cotton ball or some tissue to remove makeup on both of my eyes and you don't need a lot. It even removes the almighty MAC Liquidlast eyeliner. It's very cheap ($4), but it comes in a really small bottle (60ml). So, I'd really stock up on this when I order, but hate how Avon products are so inaccessible (only through rep or website). But you can have more product for the same price if were to buy 5 bottles of this vs1 bottle from a high-end brand. Really worth it in my opinion. I also use this to remove makeup on my face (I normally only use blush and that's it). If it's gentle on my eyes, it's gentle on my face. If it would only remove my Shiseido sunblock, then it'll be perfect. Recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by brentleydumas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does NOT remove waterproof mascara. However, I just started using Sephora's waterproof eye makeup remover and would highly recommend. Great price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is ok i like themoisturising effect

but i dont really like applying it