November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Ultra Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by wasjame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this on chattykathy's recommendation and oh, my Lord! If all of her recommendations are this dead on, I'm hiring her as my personal cosmetic consultant. This is one fantastic foundation. I was really leery at first, as the SA was determined to sell me a color that was just hideously pink on my pale skin - she felt I needed a little color. But when I finally forced her to try the Cameo, it was absolutely the perfect match. The coverage is amazing, hides everything I want hidden (except undereye shadows, of course) but is so sheer I can apply it almost without consulting the mirror. It's just about as close to foolproof as I've ever seen a foundation get as far as application gets. I know some MUAer's are also using this as a powder over liquid foundation, but I find the coverage completely adequate alone. The finish is not at all cakey or powdery, but just a smooth almost airbrushed effect. The only caveat is that it may be a little drying, so a good moisturizer would probably be a good idea. Love this. And at $25, it's not too hard on the wallet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by curlylocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading reviews last summer. I used it (per MUA recs) over the MN Lasting Foundation. It was dead on and I used up a whole powder foundation in about 8 mos. I started to realize the lasting foundation is a little drying for the winter months, and decided to just try the powder foundation without liquid underneath....it's fabulous! It wears well, provides the medium coverage that I need, and is a great color match for me. I did find that later in the morning, a few hours after application, that it sort of highlighted my pores a bit. I tried again with some Fyrinnae rice powder primer underneath and it is flawless! I am especially thrilled with this product now, since I *don't* have to find a wintertime foundation now! I had it all along! Makes the price seem especially nice if it keeps my morning routine shorter! HG material! Thanks MUA'ers for steering me to MN. Like many others, I had completely overlooked it! EDIT: I still love this stuff, but I run out so fast and it is kind of expensive (I think $25). I have modified my routine to use the Monistat Chafing Powder Gel (see reviews here, incredible) as my makeup primer, the MN lasting foundation, and then MN Flawless Effect loose powder. I'm good to go with only 1 touchup for a 12 hour day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have used this powder foundation alone and over liquid foundations and have never been disappointed. everyone who i know who has tried it has liked it as well. the compact is pretty, but a bit bulky. nice look and feel, at about $24.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Marifer71

I have been using mineral foundations (BE and Everyday Minerals most recently), but found them to be messy and they don't travel very well. I have oily skin with a few blemishes and enlarged pores on my cheeks and I have to say that I absolutely love this foundation. I use the Ultra Golden and it is an excellent match. I plan to re-purchase this when I run out.
I did repurchase but eventually realized that I did not completely love the color and texture and have been looking for a new foundation since.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing to rave about. Compact by itself looks cheap, surface of the powder after several times of using with BB kabuki brush looked like so unflat like a low-end one. Coverage - so-so, dusty-like. Won't buy ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation for those who need medium to fuller coverage. It's moisturizing and dewy, not matte. I like this foundation for days that I'm dry. It keeps the flakes at bay and does not accentuate my fine lines. I do not however like the packaging. It's not sanitary. So I suggest using a clean foundation brush to apply this. I tried a sponge but you can't really get it in the jar when you get halfway down.

their lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. Slight yellow undertone to balance out any ruddiness I have. If you want a matte finish or have oily skin, this is not for you. Go with Merle Norman's Long Lasting foundation instead. It's for more oilier skin types or combo skin. I use it in the summer when my t-zone is more oily. This is my wintertime foundation. It's not perfect but I'm happy so far with it. Still looking for my HG.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is a perfect powder foundation, but I do not use it as a foundation. I use it a touch up compact during the day. It does not cake on like other powders. I will always have this in my purse at all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that this foundation is beautiful, and I love the way it looks and feels. I also love the smell, and do not find it to be unbearable. I wear Ultra Ivory, and it is a perfect match for my skin.....it blends right in. MN always has a very beautiful and realistic selection of colors...the best of any brand that I've found. However, I have a brand new compact that has barely been used, and the powder in it is broken. I was not rough with it in any way and it still broke so I am applying it with a brush, but it ends up getting all over my counter. Other than that, I love this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by greeneyegirl

I've used MN products for almost 40 years - - - this Foundation is my HG. Along with the Lasting Foundation - this is what I use every day - perfect coverage!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by spiritchik21