December 19, 2014 | 1588 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by roaker

I have been using this concealer for about three weeks now. I am very happy with it. I have tried alot of different concealers. I apply my bb hydrating eye cream first. Then the concealer. It lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by blacklittlepig

I bought the signature yellow concealer.. but i guess i chose the wrong color! i have NC30 asian skin... yellow is jus too white for me.~

other then that.. it is HIHGLY pigmented.so a tiny dot will do the job... it is also very waterproof... . I guess it covers really well.. the bad side is that it is kinda dry and hard to spread.... can't use on face because it is way to dry and it will start to cake

UPDATE: APRIL 13
after using many weeks now.. i think it is way too dry .. always creases into fine lines even by midday. Would not buy it aagain after i finish using this.. or maybe even wont continue using it. Lippie now down to 2.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ABCirillo

I haven't been using this concealer long but so far it does a decent job of covering my under eye dark areas as well as my chin irritation that causes it to be red and slightly puffy at times. I haven't tried many others but so far this one is working for me, doesn't leave me cakey like anoter I tried and the price is good. Goes on smooth just wish it didn't flow from the tub every time I opened it due to the altitude I supose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went on a concealer hunt after Maybelline discontinued my favorite, Everfresh.This was one of the worst concealers I have tried. I disliked the tube, and really feel a wand works so much better for applying a concealer product, this did not cover acne or red spots at all, no matter how many layers I tried applying. It also settled into any lines and made it look very obvious and dry. As thick as it was, it just didnt hide anything. It tended to look cakey and then wore off quickly within an hour or so. This might be better for those without breakout issues.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I expected a higher quality concealer based on the reviews here, but I was disappointed in this Mary Kay product. I purchased 2 tubes of the concealer - Ivory and Yellow. Ivory and Yellow are almost the same color. Ivory is actually pretty light and goes on almost white. If you have NC25 -NW25 or NW 20 skin, then Medium is your best bet.

Between both concealers that I tries - yellow and Ivory, I prefer the Yellow because the color was great for minimizing dark circles. That said, the product is very drying and shows every little detail and fine line around my eyes. No matter how much moisturizing I did before. Also, if you like to set your concealer with powder, you will be disappointed as this product is too drying alone, and horrible once set with powder.

I'm going back to Bobbi Brown's concealer and eye brightener, and my Mac palette until I find my holy grail concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

To date, the best concealer I have used, and I have tried A LOT! Found this based on positive MUA reviews. I have Ivory, which has a bit of a yellow tint and covers acne scars and broken capillaries around my nose really well without being cakey. I use a concealer brush to pat it on and blend. A little goes a long way. It's really quite inexpensive and I've been using the same tube almost a year. I always thought that Mary Kay was my grandmother's make-up, but this is one great product. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jamiemp

I'm always finding new concealers, thinking I love them, then realizing they're not so great the longer I use them. This is PERFECTION in a tube. The lightest color is just right for my pale skin, it applies perfectly. Thick and creamy, no tugging at all. It covers my dark circles completely without looking weird and unnatural (it also works on blemishes, though I think it's intended just for undereyes). Plus, I think I paid $9!! You can find it all over Ebay if you don't want the hassle of dealing with a consultant (when, oh when, will Mary Kay join Avon and let us shop off the general website?).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried tons of concealers on my sensitive combo facial skin that shows every single blemish or irritation for years after the blemish or irritation has cleared up. This is the only one that has both stayed all day and not made me break out. In addition, I have hereditary undereye circles, and they and any other imperfections disappear with this concealer and a little bit of MAC Mineral Powder. I will say that I have not tried this without a primer, but I never leave the house without primer, so that aspect does not particularly matter to me. I was a little concerned at first because it looks EXTREMELY yellow when it comes out of the tube (I used light ivory), but it blended into my skin perfectly. I'm an NW20, and I think this concealer might be my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by _viridian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this is one of the few concealers I've tried where the lightest shade is actually GASP too light for my skin tone. I get pretty fair in the winter, I'm always the lightest shade in foundations and concealers, except this one. I bought light ivory, and so far I like the formula, it's very opaque and that's what I was looking for. Just need a slightly darker color. And it claims to be waterproof, I've yet to test this as I am waiting to get ivory, I ordered both in case I needed to mix. For reference, I'm NC20 with yellow/warm undertones. I'll review this again after I've successfully used ivory for a couple weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews I really wanted to try this so I swapped another MUAer for this. I have serious hereditary dark undereye circles and a few dark acne scars. I am NC37 and the Beige color is pretty good for me. Upon opening seeing the color in person it was a little scary, very yellow, but it blends super well. I found using a concealer brush was not the best way, but rather pat it on with my pinky finger. Covers fairly well, not perfect, but then again I don't think there is a makeup that will make my dark areas completely disappear. The best thing is I don't look like I am wearing a ton of makeup, yay!!!