April 19, 2014 | 1836 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ninnu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way too abrasive for facial use. Using this can cause long term damage on skin, such as broken capillaries and permanent redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I can understand positive and negative reviews for this scrub.

I started out using this back when I was a tween dealing with terrible acne. Oil everywhere! This scrub was strong enough to get that under control so when I walked out the door in the mornings I felt confident about not blinding motorists with the shine. I used it everyday in the mornings and my regular cleanser at night.

However my skin has in the last few years started feeling the effects of all the chemicals I've used to treat my acne and has become more sensitive as a result. Thus I've had to cut back to using the scrub twice a week in order to prevent the breakouts I get when I use it more often. It still works remarkably well and I find the 3 day gap in between exfoliation agreeable as it gives my skin time to renew itself without help.

I prefer this scrub as a body exfoliant and would recommend it for exfoliating bacne and chestne. Best not to use it more than twice a week unless you have quite oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this scrub 3 times a week in the shower and I'm on my third bottle. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. The only con is that it doesn't do anything for the blackheads on my nose. It feels slightly smoother but I can still clearly see them. But it's inexpensive and does a great job of exfoliating my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broke me out in cystic acne and tiny little red bumps. Lovely.

As far as I'm concerned the developers of this product will go to beauty hell in their afterlife. Of maybe they will just develop cystic acne in the future. Either way, I couldn't tell what was causing my newest breakout and ended up going to the dermatologist for the second time in a month. When I showed him my current skincare products he immediately pointed at this apricot scrub and said that it is highly irritating for sensitive skin and another patient had experienced the same thing as me. I have no idea HOW this even works for anyone with acne prone skin, it blows my mind. You're essentially exfoliating (which in itself is already irritating to your skin) with ingredients that are comedogenic and acnegenic...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dhawan

This was the first scrub i ever used it had a great scent, the beads felt great on my skin and I loved it! Its great for somebody with sensitive skin and very light. It isn't to harsh! I started using this when I was really young but now I have acne and this doesn't prevent breakouts but if i didn't have acne i would definitely go back t this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

This product has always had such a cult following, and despite the low price, I will never understand why. I first used this scrub when my sister bought it - she swore by the stuff and would use it religiously. At the time I didn't really know about skincare so thought it was great. I recently tried it again and good lord it is bad. The exfoliating agent is not fine enough to properly exfoliate blocked pores (an issue it swears to help), also the formulation is super drying on your skin! It completely stripped my skin, which is probably why I liked it when I was younger and misinformed because I thought that meant clean. Also, it's choice of a "natural" (I use this term lightly as St. Ives green-washes the shit out of their products) exfoliating agent is flawed, as natural exfoliants are never smooth and can cause microscratches on the skin surface. You can't see them, but they're there. Having a synthetic exfoliant, contrary to popular belief, is actually better for your skin, and can be made more fine than anything natural. I'll stick with my Chanel Gommage Scrub I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by brooklynnlittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my DAILY face wash. I use the scrub because i have large pores and they get clogged very fast. I also like that it basically "scrubs" away all of your dead skin for a fresh look. I love this stuff and it has never given me a breakout. I've been using daily for about 4 years. It helps with acne and blackheads. Makes skin really soft. Overall, this is a great product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is usually everyone's first dip into scrubs. Well, it was my first scrub :) Anyway, I really like the St. Ive's brand for its affordable quality scrubs. I think that this one is no exception, as it smells amazing and feels like putting fruits on your face. It does a decent job at cleaning away dirt and exfoliating.

However, after learning more about skin, I have found the fruit particles in this scrub to be too large and abrasive for my face. I now use this product as a body scrub. I use the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub for my face- paraben-free and smaller beads.

So, I would recommend this scrub as solely a body exfoliant. Though this is not my HG scrub, it is along the lines of the Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub. Nothing spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by maloriejayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recommend this to everyone! Leaves my face feeling soft and deeply cleaned. Simple, effective, and smells good too :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

Not a fan of the scrub at all. I've tried using it both everyday and only once or twice a week, this just doesn't agree with my skin. I find it weird how actual cream's consistency is quite oily yet the granules are so huge and abrasive. When I tried to exfoliate my face with this using a really light hand, my skin would feel sooo oily but would feel burned afterwards anyway! After using it for a couple of months, my skin was red, some areas of my face were both really dry and others really oily, I had more breakouts and my skin became more sensitive in the end. I hid the half-finished tube of this scrub in my bathroom cabinet because I get annoyed just looking at it haha. I think if your skin is not that sensitive, you should try this but if you're acne-prone and your skin is a bit more sensitive, the green tea variant of this scrub is probably better since the granules are a lot smaller :)