April 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

I really like the the smell of the product but this is way to abrasive for my face. I didn't buy this for acne removal but I wanted to revive my dull complexion, maybe this would have done the trick but i discontinued use because it was very harsh on my face and I feel my skin being ripped off my face. When I applied my toner and moisturizer my skin was burning and red.

I don't think this product is good to use in the long run, it can be very damaging to your skin! PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL AND RUB VERY GENTLY! Some people on hear mentioned they used it on acne prone skin, I don't think that's a good idea. It will probably leave your acne worse and cause scarring.

I guess this would be good from very mature and aging skin maybe, but if you have normal-sensitive skin this product will be way to harsh. I didn't want to throw away the product so I used it as a foot scrub. It works great as a food scrub! Leaves my foot nice and soft, ready for flip flops.

I have been using Arysa Naturals Indian Glow face scrub-Ubtan, this product does what it says, it really makes your skin glow. This gave my dull skin life and radiance. But st. ives is a better foot scrub for the face I would go with Arysa Naturals. It's much more gentle plus is totally organic and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Salmaanella

I'm a bit violent when it comes to exfoliating my face, so the large bits in this scrub are great and make me feel like my skin is being exfoliated for real! I will say however this also makes it unsuitable for regular and everyday use so I tend to only reach for it once a week or so

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ninnu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way too abrasive for facial use. Using this can cause long term damage on skin, such as broken capillaries and permanent redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by srao92

I can understand positive and negative reviews for this scrub.

I started out using this back when I was a tween dealing with terrible acne. Oil everywhere! This scrub was strong enough to get that under control so when I walked out the door in the mornings I felt confident about not blinding motorists with the shine. I used it everyday in the mornings and my regular cleanser at night.

However my skin has in the last few years started feeling the effects of all the chemicals I've used to treat my acne and has become more sensitive as a result. Thus I've had to cut back to using the scrub twice a week in order to prevent the breakouts I get when I use it more often. It still works remarkably well and I find the 3 day gap in between exfoliation agreeable as it gives my skin time to renew itself without help.

I prefer this scrub as a body exfoliant and would recommend it for exfoliating bacne and chestne. Best not to use it more than twice a week unless you have quite oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this scrub 3 times a week in the shower and I'm on my third bottle. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and fresh. The only con is that it doesn't do anything for the blackheads on my nose. It feels slightly smoother but I can still clearly see them. But it's inexpensive and does a great job of exfoliating my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Broke me out in cystic acne and tiny little red bumps. Lovely.

As far as I'm concerned the developers of this product will go to beauty hell in their afterlife. Of maybe they will just develop cystic acne in the future. Either way, I couldn't tell what was causing my newest breakout and ended up going to the dermatologist for the second time in a month. When I showed him my current skincare products he immediately pointed at this apricot scrub and said that it is highly irritating for sensitive skin and another patient had experienced the same thing as me. I have no idea HOW this even works for anyone with acne prone skin, it blows my mind. You're essentially exfoliating (which in itself is already irritating to your skin) with ingredients that are comedogenic and acnegenic...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dhawan

This was the first scrub i ever used it had a great scent, the beads felt great on my skin and I loved it! Its great for somebody with sensitive skin and very light. It isn't to harsh! I started using this when I was really young but now I have acne and this doesn't prevent breakouts but if i didn't have acne i would definitely go back t this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

This product has always had such a cult following, and despite the low price, I will never understand why. I first used this scrub when my sister bought it - she swore by the stuff and would use it religiously. At the time I didn't really know about skincare so thought it was great. I recently tried it again and good lord it is bad. The exfoliating agent is not fine enough to properly exfoliate blocked pores (an issue it swears to help), also the formulation is super drying on your skin! It completely stripped my skin, which is probably why I liked it when I was younger and misinformed because I thought that meant clean. Also, it's choice of a "natural" (I use this term lightly as St. Ives green-washes the shit out of their products) exfoliating agent is flawed, as natural exfoliants are never smooth and can cause microscratches on the skin surface. You can't see them, but they're there. Having a synthetic exfoliant, contrary to popular belief, is actually better for your skin, and can be made more fine than anything natural. I'll stick with my Chanel Gommage Scrub I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by brooklynnlittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my DAILY face wash. I use the scrub because i have large pores and they get clogged very fast. I also like that it basically "scrubs" away all of your dead skin for a fresh look. I love this stuff and it has never given me a breakout. I've been using daily for about 4 years. It helps with acne and blackheads. Makes skin really soft. Overall, this is a great product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is usually everyone's first dip into scrubs. Well, it was my first scrub :) Anyway, I really like the St. Ive's brand for its affordable quality scrubs. I think that this one is no exception, as it smells amazing and feels like putting fruits on your face. It does a decent job at cleaning away dirt and exfoliating.

However, after learning more about skin, I have found the fruit particles in this scrub to be too large and abrasive for my face. I now use this product as a body scrub. I use the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub for my face- paraben-free and smaller beads.

So, I would recommend this scrub as solely a body exfoliant. Though this is not my HG scrub, it is along the lines of the Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub. Nothing spectacular.