November 26, 2014 | 1752 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by cgarretson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So apparently I am just now hearing about how damaging this product is, and frankly, it's terrifying. I have used this product twice a day for the last 6 years and I have never had any problems from it. I have combination skin and it has never dried me out or caused a breakout. Everyone has different skin types and I never scrub hard when using it, but my main fear is that I will now have permanent damage (premature aging, etc) due to long term use. I will be switching face washes now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by melisavhealth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I happen to also get really good results from this scrub. While a lot of people say that it irritates your face and the granules are too abrasive, i find this to be very gentle on my face. I also like to use this all over my body (especially my legs). It's so important to routinely exfoliate your body to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh skin. I love the scent, texture, and most of all the results after using this scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, I also am tired of hearing ppl say that this is just awful for your skin. I get good results from it, so I will continue to use it. I usually add a little bit of this scrub to the normal scrub I use bc I feel it's not quite scrubby enough. I also use it alone on my body. Its effective for me and I use it sparingly. I feel nowadays ppl are over-exfoliating and that may be from where some of the issues are coming. I have also used various store brands of this scrub and they work equally well, though some have different scents. I will continue to buy this, as I have for the past however many years.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by skinobsessed1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Am tired of hearing how 'bad' this is for your skin. Everything in moderation. This scrub is thick, coarse, and as some of the wise reviewers below, you do not need to go to town with this scrub. Considering the many fine scrub particles, you need a light touch when using. With any coarse scrub, it really does do the work for you. I've been using this probably since middle school, and I always come back to it. Considering the plethora of very expensive intensive exfoliating products out there, why pay more? And frankly I haven't found any HE scrub that I like more, or can justify paying for.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by purpleprinc355

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub is my holy grail. I use it every night before I go to bed. I used to have really bad acne but this scrub has definitely helped :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product since I started getting breakouts at 13-14 years old. It is one of the best scrubs on the drugstore shelves.

-the smell is great. smells like fresh cut apricots with a clean smell.
-quite abrasive and large particles. if you don't like rougher scrubs you wont like this. its very similar to a sugar scrub. nice thick creamy consistency. you dont need much to cover your whole face.
-you can feel it's doing its job. after i get done using it my skin is so smooth and soft! not bumpy, not flaky.
-great price! 4 dollars at my walgreens. cant beat that!
-i see people here saying that it cuts your face is bad for your skin. im pretty sure any scrub can do harm if it's used too much or not used properly. the scrub will do most of the work for you! you dont have to grind the stuff into your face, be gentle and let the scrub work its magic.

I use this 2-3 times a week, sometimes in the shower sometimes out of the shower. It was put to the real test this week since I had final exams in school and my skin was in bad shape from not sleeping enough, stress and a poor diet. My skin got really dry, patchy and just uncomfortable, it lost it's glow as well. This stuff saved my skin. It made me look like myself again. will repurchase again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

When I first started to use this scrub, I liked it. The smell was great, my skin was feeling fresh & clean. And of course, afterwards I used a good moisturizer.
I was so delighted! So, I kept on using this product 2-3 times a week (like it says on the package)

BUT, after a few weeks, my skin felt very dry and uncomfortable. I think this product is too harsh on my skin. And I am scared that I might damage or scar my skin.

So if you have a very oily skin, this might be the product for you. But people who have my skin type (Combination skin) should use a more gentle scrub. So I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and I use this once a week in conjunction with other acne treatments. People say it makes tears in your skin, and that might be true but not for me. If you use a dime size and let the beads do the work instead of scrubbing like a maniac you might see a difference. I know I do. I love this stuff but be careful...it's a scrub. Not meant to be used everyday ! 3x a week at the most !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by savannahxoh

I don't care what anyone says about this being harmful to your skin. If it works, it works. I've been duped into ditching this scrub for Lush's Ocean Salt, and I will forever hold that against Lush. They told me "St. Ives leaves microscopic scarring and cuts on your face." What they did not tell me is that their Ocean Salt Scrub would GIVE MY CONSTANT CLEAR SKIN ACNE LIKE CRAZY. I should have known, there were all sorts of oils, vodka, and lime juice in it. Salt is extremely harsh and drying, too. St. Ives works absolute miracles. Any exfoliant is going to "scratch your face," that's the whole point of exfoliating dead skin cells off, for Christ's sake. You just must be gentle. This scrub will clear your acne, it has kept me clear for years. So cheap, can buy it anywhere, convenient packing that won't gather bacteria, all around great product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent of this scrub, but it's just too harsh to use on my skin. I use a wet washcloth to exfoliate nightly & a leave on 10% aha treatment a few times per week with great results :)