October 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent of this scrub, but it's just too harsh to use on my skin. I use a wet washcloth to exfoliate nightly & a leave on 10% aha treatment a few times per week with great results :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been a part of my beauty routine for over 15 years now! The exfoliant is large-grained, and my view is that it's too harsh for daily use. But for me it's great as a weekly exfoliating treatment! A little bit goes a long way. I use light circular motions on my cheeks and forehead in the shower. It polishes my skin and makes it feel smooth. This is a product I will always have on hand for exfoliation! In that regard it is HG for me.

I deducted 2 lippies because it's too harsh to use as a "daily cleanser" and I think people can damage their skin if they use this long-term on a daily basis. I know a lot of people do but they shouldn't. The grains, like I said, are too coarse and using this heavily can tear and damage the skin! Use gently and occasionally for best results!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amoebaseven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister and I have almost identical skin types. She has been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for more than 10 years now. Her skin is a disaster! The scrub tears your pores open and damages skin!! My sister's face looks cratered and her pores are huge. We both have oily skin, but mine is in much better shape because I stopped using this damaging scrub!

Of course it feels good and smells good in the short term, but beware of long term, irreversible damage!

Find a scrub with smaller beads and less abrasiveness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by apricot292

love the smell! Makes my skin look bright and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meeeh, I got this stuff during a double coupon day at Pharmasave and so I got it for super cheap so I figured I'd try it out. I have really dry, flaky skin and so I like a really tough exfoliator to make my skin nice and smooth, which this does! My only issue with it is that I can never get it off. Like seriously, if you use this, you will be pulling little apricot flavored beads out of your hair like and crevices between your nose all day. Like there is no possible way to get them all off, I've tried. So it was a good-ish product but it's definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one true product which i swear by for the past 8 years. I love how this scrub feels like a scrub. It's a true exfoliant, and leaves your skin fresh and smooth after a single wash.

This product is creamy, with a lot of beads. These beads seem to be crushed up seeds? I'm not too sure, but rest assure they're not synthetic. Don't seem like it anyways.

I usually use this after a tense soccer practice to get the mud out of my skin, and also after a long day of makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm on my third tube of this stuff. its's simply amazing. it keeps my skin soft but doesn't irritate my face.i keep it in the shower so i agree with the other reviewer that the water build up is annoying. it obviously hasnt kept me from repurchasing. i usually hate artificial peach smell but this on is actually kind of refreshing. it's not overly sweet and it doesnt linger for too long

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are two containers: a squeeze tube and a jar. The tube is better. It fits in the shower and is more sanitary. Now, about the grains. They are rather big but they don't hurt. Yes, you don't want them in your eyes. But the payoff is worth it. Skin is refreshed and clear. I use it once or twice a week. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product contributed to saving my skin and restoring a soft texture. I began using this product when I got a severe allergic reaction to a combination of acne solutions that left my skin red, dried, peeling and just overall severely severely irritated! I decided to go for more natural products that didn't have the heavy chemicals that caused my skin reaction but would still clean my skin. When I found this product there were some mixed reviews but I just needed a scrub that would help my skin shed some of the dry irritated skin. Ever since then I have depended on the apricot scrub as well as the green tea scrub from St. Ives!

The apricot scrub is for sure a heavy product to use with large grains in it to exfoliate your skin. If you find your skin is super sensitive to large grains in your scrub then you probably shouldn't be using a scrub in the first place but this product will not be for you and you should better go with the green tea scrub or a cleanser. The scrub deep cleans my skin and leaves my skin fresh every morning. I usually follow up with a toner and moisturizer to keep up a skin routine. I have sensitive skin and this product never once cut my skin or caused an oil build up as I have read in other reviews. It has also never caused a serious eye irritation if I got it in my eyes but of course it will be uncomfortable with the large grains--NO DUH. Also, the scent is refreshing unlike some that can be overpowering or irritating.

The packaging is like most other facial scrubs where it comes in sort of a large tube that you squeeze. I just don't like that water can get into the sides of the cap where the spout is and when I turn it over I get water everywhere. I don't mind when I keep it in the shower but it is a hassle if I decide to use it in the morning after having used it in the shower and the water gets in just for me to make a little mess. Minor irritation really.

Price is a real deal considering I buy it for around 3 bucks at my walgreens. Of course it's gonna range but the price I have usually seen is a deal and this product is wonderful so even if it did get bumped up to let's say 15 bucks, 20 bucks, I would buy it. I continue to buy it and I sooooo recommend to people who want to look for more natural products that will get the job done!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this a few times a week as directed, and I really like it! It lasts a long time, is really cheap and doesn't dry out my skin and most exfoliaters do. It makes my skin really soft.