Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lotion does work and leave your skin dewy and soft. However, I don't believe that it is worth the price. I have have had better lotions for a much cheaper price. The price is my only complaint.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has been an HG for me and my 60 yr old mother for the last 4 years, this keeps your hands looking young and supple. I would never be without a set I always keep a full set in reserve that's how addicted to this product I am. I use this daily :)

Mary Kay Satin Hands is a great way to pamper your hands without the expense of going to a salon. I love to use this on my hands (and even my feet) to keep them super soft, especially during the dry months. Regardless of what other reviewers say, when I originally bought this, the MK rep told us that there was a method of cream, buffer, soap and finally lotion. Because of this, I have always used it in this manner (although its up to the users descretion how they choose to apply it, IMHO). The kit has improved over the years - for instance, the night cream is no longer packaged in that terrible tub. And, while the price hasn't changed, I still hate having to pay $28 for it. I know its cheaper than the salon, but whatever, that's just me. The smell is a pleasant floral. They hit the mark with this one.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this set!! I was introduced to Satin Hands back in 2001 and have been a fan ever since. After you use it for the first time, you too will be hooked. I tried the cream on my face once however b/c I had heard it was good for dry skin, but broke out horribly afterwards. Don't make my mistake, keep it for your hands!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I will never be without this product. This is the only comprehensive, three-part system for the beautification of hands that I know of. MK is the only company that makes something like this. I can't say enough good things about this system, it really makes your skin feel like baby skin. Will buy again and again.

I love this set. I use it according to the directions and my hands become so soft and pretty. I tried the routine using another scrub, cleansing cream, etc. and it didn't work as well as this set did. It is terrific and a pretty good bargain, price-wise. By the way, I use the extra-emollient night cream on my lips too, and I find that it is a much better lip balm than the one in the Satin Lips set.

I use it without the Night Cream b/c that's just too heavy, but the other products really make my hands baby soft when I'm done with the routine. I read a review that indicated you use the buffing cream, cleansing gel, and moisturizer all at once and that is incorrect. The set is intended for each product to be used individually. I don't notice a strong scent from any of the products and I think the clear cylindrical packaging is great. It keeps it all together and is easy to pack when traveling. This is a Mary Kay product I don't mind paying the high price for. I think it's great.

I love this set. I don't use it as the directions indicate but instead use each product individually.(as a shower gel,body buffer,etc.) I use the scrub and cleanser on my whole body. I love the lotion and night cream for my hands and feet. I am very sensitive to strongly scented products and I don't mind the smell of this at all. I love the scent. I think people are hesitant to try MK because the line used to be not-so-great,but I really like most of the products. I buy department store lines too and think many MK products are just as good. (I am not a consultant.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The whole satin hands kit is horrible, it leaves my hands VERY dried out. Sure the buffing Cream is nice but so what u and also add some salt or sugar to your hand lotion or hand soap and get the same affect for less money, the hand cream is nothing special, it makes your hands sweat, its stinks and it feels heavey and greasy, after it soaks it over night my hands are so dried out in the morning. This is just horrible.

I have been using Satin Hands Pampering Set for a few years now after I saw it on a cable program about the History of this product - some 30+ years... I love everything about it from the gentle buffing to my hands feeling like a baby's bottom and the hand cream lasts through putting you hands in water several times a day! :) To be fair I did a comparisson using the *recipe* with the oil/sugar/liquid soap... I CAUTION anyone with sensitive skin NOT to use the recipe... I found it way to abrasive :o And even after washing my hands several times I can't get the rid of the greasiness on my hands :{
The SH Handcream has no greasy feel what-so-ever and although there is a ever so slight fragrance I do not smell anything floral what so ever... My son has severe allegies and Asthma and he uses the product - and as a manly carpenter he prefers the white packaging as it is less *feminine* :P And the initial cost may *seem* high but the small amount of product that you use -- this package last a long time - I replace the hand cream before I run out of the other steps b/c you only need to do the whole pamper once or twice a week...
So In my opinion this is right up there!!! 5 Stars! :D
You can use the oil and sugar if you want to -- but I would rather use them to bake a cake! ;)

Top Rated Mary Kay Products