October 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great clarifying shampoo. It gets rid of all the gunk in my hair from styling products without stripping my hair of its natural oils. My hair comes out being softer and has even more volume. I love this shampoo and its conditioner so much. A great bargain at $1 a bottle, excellent. It smells awesome too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by no1knows

There aren't many products I can say I'm loyal to, and definitely no entire lines, but I return to this shampoo and conditioner--either or both, at any given time--what seems like every other bottle I go through. You won't believe what less than a dollar will buy you. Pretty easy to find lately, too. This green goo does its job and smells great doing it. Scent lingers, but not all day. I'm not into smelling sweet-fruity, so it is odd that I like this smell on me at all. More important, it doesn't strip color; good amount of suds. I have fine hair and lots of it, sometimes I dye it red. And the coloring doesn't stop the oil, which this stuff cleans without too much drying. Love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

Dirt cheap, smells amazing, works wonders with my fine hair... I'm in love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MewsinProgress

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Every now and then, a girl's got to clarify. I love the effect of silicones on my hair, but they do build up (I have stick straight hair with volume, medium to coarse strands, very thick). My regular shampoo & conditioner (now) don't have any silicones, but my styling products sure do. And every now and again I will use a shampoo with silicones. Silicones.... waxes..... all kinds of things..... can make your hair stop feeling like your hair after a while.

This Kiwi Lime Squeeze stuff is great for starting fresh. I use it about twice a month, and it does a great job. I can't believe it's as inexpensive as it is! The conditioner, I'm not such a fan of, but I do love this shampoo for clarifying. I wouldn't use it every day or even every week - but twice a month or so takes care of any buildup for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this every few weeks to refresh my hair & get rid of any styling product buildup. A little drying but does not strip my color. Super cheap. Plus I love the scent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Better than Suave Clarifying Shampo, I think. Smells okay, rinses clean, went through a whole bottle of this and it did not dry out my hair. Though I've been into more natural shampoos lately, I would probably buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by merrydeath

This is my HG shampoo. I've used it almost every day for a year now. It's 99 cents, cleans my hair thouroughly, and doesn't strip it dry. I'm very picky about hair products -- my others are in Kerastase's line. I have thick hair, a little coarse that's uncolored.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by more_spraygel_please

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had a bad hair day today and picked up this Lime Squeeze Clarifying shampoo & conditioner on my way home from work at the grocery store. This smells awesome! It washed all the buildup of hair spray out, I could tell my hair was clean in the shower but not stripped. I even used the matching conditioner, what the heck for .99 cents. I left the conditioner in while I washed up and it rinsed out so easy. That shower was like a spa treatment, it wased all my troubles and hair buildup away for $1.98 :-) Now I'm in a better mood with soft, clean hair drying by itself. I hope this leads to a better hair day tomorrow. Reference: my hair is very fine, not much of it, highlights & lowlights, I use lots of product to build volume & texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this compared to other clarifiers I have used. This one has a good lather. Smells great and my hair was left feeling wonderful and light. You know that light, bouncy feel on a good hair day? That's what this gave me.

I followed with a deep treatment conditioner and my hair feels great today. I would chose this over my regular Suave clarifier because my hair feels better and the scent is so nice and fresh. And my hair felt better than it has in a long time after using this. Did not dry my hair out at all:)This is made with real lime peel also. Gives it a nice refreshing quality:)

***UPDATE***: I strayed like an idiot from this:( And was having horrible hair days for about a week. Using $25 Fekkai shampoo....what a waste. Used Vo5 Kiwi Lime shampoo today and it felt so good I had to come back and update and say that this is pretty much my HG shampoo after having tried high end and low end.

My hair felt amazing, light, not weighed down at all and best of all not dry today after using this:) I cannot put into words how much I love this stuff. I followed with Victoria Secret Nourishing conditioner and have to say this is to date the best combo shampoo/conditioner I've used ♥

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Wimple23

Well, I have to say I read all the positive reviews for this shampoo and bought it, but it absolutely did NOT work for me at all. I tried it a couple times, alternating in-between, using different conditioners...and in what I think was a fairly controlled experiment, my hair came out flat, dry, and slippery every time! I have long, fine hair and our water is relatively hard (I mention this because I know this can make a difference). I know some people really like this stuff, but it was 99 cents wasted for me. I really prefer the Herbal Essences Degunkify shampoo (with pineapple and cotton leaf). Works great every time, and really leaves my with some 'grip' so that it has lush body.