Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 1/3/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I received a sample of this with my Chubby Stick purchase and am so glad that I didn't actually pay for it. At first it seemed amazing! It really did seem like a "dramatically different" moisturizer. I have normal/dry skin that gets super dry in the winter, and this is the only moisturizer I've tried that actually stopped the flaking; however, after a couple weeks I noticed that it started to cause break outs. This isn't the first Clinique product that has caused break outs for me.

on 1/2/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, this moisturizer made my skin look horrible for a while... The SA once told me that this was the nr1 moisturizer at the time, so I went for it when I was looking for a new moisturizer. At first, it worked well for my skin but after a while I got these breakouts.. I would not recommend this moisturizer, because you simply don't get what you pay for. My sister, sensitive skin, also tried out this moisturizer and the breakouts were even worse. I would not recommend this at all, not for a normal skin or a very sensitive skin. It also took a while for my skin to look better after I stopped using it. I used a Olaz(also known as Olay) instead and it helped a lot.

on 12/29/2012 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This broke me put HORRIBLY. I started using th three step skin care about two months ago, and noticed my acne getting worse and worse, so I went back to my Clinique counter. There they mentioned that I might need to eliminate some products. So I first stopped using the cleanser, still had horrible acne, then stopped using the toner, still had horrible acne. THEN I stopped using the ddml gel, and I noticed a dramatic differen! I now use only the toner and the facial cleanser, and started using my old ( but extremely expensive) Chanel moisturizer, and my skin has never looked better! Also, when I took a look at the ddml I noticed that there are Lots and LOTS of silicones in there. Since I'm very sensitive to silicones, thats' what most probably broke out like crazy.

Obviously, I will not repurchase.

on 12/28/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I honestly don't understand the negative reviews. I have used this on and off for about two decades. I have pretty dry skin and I'm acne prone, and this does a great job moisturizing my skin. Recently I've started applying it immediately after my nighttime shower/bath, and wow does my skin look amazing! I have noticed a huge change in the texture and tone of my skin. It honestly looks the best it has in many many years. I do not like the gel version, it stings my skin and does not hydrate as well. If you have really dry or dry combination skin, or sensitive skin, get this version. If you have normal to oily skin, then maybe the gel is for you. I use a different brand with an SPF for daytime, so this is my nighttime moisturizer only.

on 12/27/2012 6:18:00 AM

I was looking for a moisturiser that would sufficiently hydrate my skin. My skin can get quite dry and when not sufficiently hydrated, it turns oily. Before purchasing the product, I obtained a sample of the gel version because the lotion is apparently for very dry skin. However, the gel didn't feel hydrating enough and I had to apply two coats of it after cleansing for my skin to feel comfortable. I eventually bought the lotion after sampling it and so far, it has given me no problems. My skin, particularly the cheeks, feel 'bouncier', more supple and hydrated. My forehead continued to breakout even after using the lotion for a few weeks but it has now stopped. However, just as a preventive measure, I apply it more thinly on the forehead (which is more prone to oiliness) than on the cheeks in case the product is too rich for the forehead.

on 12/24/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've used this moisturizer all through high school, and I will continue to use it through college and probably after that. This stuff makes my skin feel SO soft and hydrated after I've used it, and it doesn't make my face oily. It is quite expensive, but you really do get what you pay for with this product. I use it twice a day everyday, and I still feel like it lasts me FOREVER. I think the price is well worth it. I will buy this moisturizer again and again, and I do recommend it!

on 12/23/2012 11:21:00 PM

I think this lotion is a hit or miss type of product, my mom loves this stuff and it's the only thing she uses. For me it isn't anything special, I have pretty dry skin in the winter time and this didn't do much for me. It temporarily moisturizes my skin when I first apply it but after a while my skin is yet again back to it's dry state. I could find drug store lotions that do the job better.

on 12/23/2012 12:47:00 PM

Omg, got this product last week and my face still has hives or SOMETHING from the terrible reaction to it. I didn't react the first two days, but I found it was more drying than it was moisturizing. My eyebrows were feeling itchy but didn't put two and two together. By the third day my eyebrows were UNBEARBLY itchy and I now have puffy skin on parts of my cheeks, my temples and, like I said, my eyebrows. I don't know how you can claim something to be allergen free when it's going to make people's faces break out in zits and a rash/hives. Incredibly disappointed and am not enjoying having to put benadryl on my face from a moisturizer.

on 12/21/2012 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for four years and it is the ONLY product that my very dry, sensitive skin can handle. I use it right after my cleanser (morning and night) and I find that it sinks right in. I will never have to buy a different lotion because this one is amazing!

on 12/19/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this lotion. It's the ONLY lotion I have found that actually gets rid of (keeps away) my dry patches, especially around the eyes. It's hydrating but doesn't feel heavy or greasy. It doesn't break me out or sting my eyes. (I put it everywhere on my face, including the eye area) This one is more for dry skin but I heard the gel version for oily skin is good too.

Popular Moisturizers