April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG right now! Does not clump even after multiple layers! Separates so well. I just love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by MegP

I use department store products for all other makeup, except I have used Cover Girl Mascara since high school. For me, it works just as well as any of the department store ones (which I have tried a ton of). I figure I spend enough money on my other products & it's nice to have at least one that works well & is way less expensive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara will not give dramatic lashes so if that's what you want, I suggest avoiding this neon green tube.
If you like nicely defined and natural looking lashes, then chances are you'll like this mascara. I agree with Menolikepolo's comments that Clump Crusher is great as a finishing mascara if you layer your mascaras. I need to do this as my lashes are so thin and short.
I've been using the L'oreal's new Voluminous butterfly mascara followed by the Clump Crusher for nice, fluttery lashes that have volume but aren't spider lashes. (oh yes, Lancome's Cils Booster is a great primer and a must for me)

I do like Clump Crusher on my lower lashes as it won't make them look clumpy or goopy but softly definite. Best of all, there's no smudging or flaking.

I'd definitely repurchase as part of my eye makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by akasoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara! It doesn't clump up when I put on several coats and doesn't smudge even when I put it on my lower lashes. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I really like this for a lengthening and finishing mascara. I tend to use 2 mascaras to have the effect I want: I first apply a volumizing waterproof mascara to get the dark opacity, thickness, and curling effect that I want; then I comb it out with a second thinner, non-clumping lengthening mascara. Cover Girl Clump Crusher will not give you voluminous lush lashes but it will tone down the clumpyness of you volumizing mascaras. Highly recommend as a second coat of mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Once again, a Cover Girl mascara surprises me by living up to its hype! The first was Volume Blast, and now this...

For one thing, I got this for FREE, full-size, because Ulta was having a "spend $12 in CG, get this free" special. Sweeeeeet. I like the packaging all around: the bright green color, the funky modern tube shape, and the feel of the plastic even. And now that I've been using it, I know I would pay full price for it ($8).

The brush really does eliminate clumps! I don't know how and I don't know why but I don't care, I'm just thrilled that it works. You can build and build (and build) this mascara with no flakes or crumbles and no clumping together of lashes. It's a plastic/rubber bristle brush with short spikes all over, apparently spaced just so to comb lashes to perfection. It's slightly curved and I tend to use it so that the curve is pushing up my lashes, rather than them settling down into the curve. I don't usually like the non-bristle brushes but this one is an exception.

The formula has great pigmentation and color. I got it in very black and that's exactly what it is. I build and build this mascara until every lash is coated from root to tip and end up with big, beautiful lashes. I would say this is both volumizing/thickening AND lengthening - and even decent at holding a curl. Holds up very nicely throughout the day, no smearing, flaking or budging. Only thing is that it's not exactly a 'soft' lash look but who cares when they look so good?

Update: after a few uses I did start to have clumping issues with this. Too bad. I think this brush in combination with another mascara formula might work really well still though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jesscvz88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara a week ago and love how my lashes look. They look full and thick! And NO CLUMPS at ALL!!!! The brush is ok. I just hate that sometimes i get a lil mascara on my eye lid. Im still getting use to the brush since it has a curve to it. Im use to just straight wonds lol. But this mascara is great. I dont like the other covergirl lash blast mascaras but the one is amazing. My new favorite drug store mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by redfox2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally decided to try this mascara after reading a lot of mixed reviews. There are some things I do and don't like about it. I like the consistency of the mascara, it's not too wet which I find hard to work with, but it's not too dry either. The wand is just okay for me, it is a scooped wand that is fairly skinny. I tend to like the fatter wands personally, so this was a negative for me. However, the scooped shape does allow me to coat all of my lashes. The wand kind of tugs my lashes if I blink while applying or when I get close to the root, which I don't like. It does do what it claims as far as no clumps, you really won't have any, even after multiple coats. But, it also doesn't give me much volume, which is bad for me since I tend to like more dramatic lashes. It also doesn't seem to last all day, and my lashes seem to fall by the end of the day. Overall, I like the consistency and if I wanted a natural look this would be okay, but for my daily mascara I prefer something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used expensive and inexpensive drug store brands and have a couple of staples that I go to when I want a specific look. This is a staple. On it's own it's a great everyday look. Not overdone but with a lash curler my lashes look longer, thicker and defined. I also love to use this when I'm going to wear falsiees because the formula being a little dryer helps to blend my lashes into the false ones and makes everything look more natural.

I also have very sensitive eyes so I need a formula that won't cake or flake. I have not had the fall out issue that others are having maybe because I only use two coats max? Not sure other than the formula does work well for me.

Packaging? Unless the packaging makes it difficult for me to use the productI don't really care what the packaging looks like. Frankly I think it adds cost to makeup without adding any value to the formula. All for the sake of maybe having people say ..."oh wow look she's using X brand."

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the consistency of the "no clump" formula, but that's where it ends. Not only does it not hold a curl, but it pulls my pre-curled lashes down. I've tried both the regular and water-resistant formula and they both cause droopy lashes. I keep going back to the waterproof versions of Covergirl Lash Blast (orange) and Maybelline Full N' Soft. I'll use up the rest of this tube by layering it as a final coat over one of the other two mentioned above.