April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Blush - NARS - Exhibit A

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect dupe for NYX Africa eyeshadow. More Pigmented of course. I love this blush and dont see myself running out of it soon, its soo pigmented and awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Kleinsteuber

My holy grail blush. I have fair neutral skin, and even though this blush looks really scary in the pan, it actually works on me. It gives me a very pretty, girly flush. I love it so much, and I advise anyone who's been thinking about buying it but has been too scared, just GO FOR IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by vesperholly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Many of the recent reviews of this blush are from darker-skinned ladies, and I'm pleased to tell you that Exhibit A looks gorgeous on my light skin, too! Hooray for universally appealing blushes! I'm NW20, neutral leaning cool.

I use a fluffy, not dense blush brush to apply. One medium-strength tap - do not swirl! - yields the perfect amount of pigmentation per cheek. I haven't even disturbed the hatchmarks yet, and I've used it daily for the past two weeks. At this rate, this blush will last longer than I do!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by malini2b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Exhibit A is a fabulous, versatile, and near-universally flattering blush. The reasons have already been outlined and repeated in these reviews, but here's my $.02:

PROS:

--The color payoff is wonderful. Yes, it's a garish tomato red in the pan, but have faith in MUA, as I did -- with a light hand and a little practice, it gives you a beautiful, warm, natural flush. I don't like blush that's too obvious but do want it to show up on my olive/tan Indian skin (NC42, MUFE HD 155). And unlike many blushes on darker skin, Exhibit A does show up, and beautifully.

--I love the color on me, and I believe it would work well on a range of skin tones, pale to dark. Just start with a dusting with a soft contour brush, build up based on your preference, and buff with powder if needed. Depending on the look I'm going for, I sometimes will layer a pink or bronzish blush on top and blend well -- it's a subtle color adjustment but works.

--It LASTS. It's stayed on all day, all night, through wedding receptions where I danced and sweated for hours and hours, etc., etc. I almost never touch it up.

--It also lasts in the pan, not just on your face. One swipe on the brush lasts me 2-3 applications. I don't actually swipe -- I just touch the brush to the surface of the blush, tap (and never see any excess fly off), and apply. B/c it's so pigmented, enough remains on the brush that I don't have to dip again the next time. As noted, I prefer a subtle look, so this is probably a factor.

--I think the packaging is great: small and sturdy. I travel a lot, and it's held up for the last 6 months in my makeup bag and through frequent shuffling/jumbling. I don't care about glamorous packaging in general; it suffices for me b/c it's sturdy.

CONS: The price, of course. I waited for a Sephora 15% promo before buying, but still. However, as others have noted, the pigmentation is such that I really think it'll be at least 5 years before I need to repurchase. I've had it for 6 months, and it doesn't look like it's been touched. And I wear it at least 3-4 times a week.

In sum: an amazing blush that would work on just about anyone. Thanks to MUA for yet another incredible find!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bflournoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

do not be intimidated by this blush, it will look great on you. I would always go into sephora, look at it, scrunch my face and walk away. but one day i decided to be bold and purchase it and try it out at home, and it was honestly one of my best purchases. the bright matte orange looks great on my brown skin, when used properly (do not use a heavy hand with this). I I recommend this blush a million times over!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I saw this blush, and never thought of trying it on. It looks sooo bright and just not my style. I read the reviews, and went back and tried it on. I love it. You have to use such a light hand. I mean, super light! Or you will look like you have a fever or a bad sunburn. lol. Therefore, I won't repurchase this because it will last me FOREVER.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by eli54

I read a lot of reviews on this blush, because I was contemplating purchasing it. While at the department store I decided to swatch it and when I saw it I was taken back by the brightness. But the color kept daring me in. I just couldn't stop staring at it. I was convinced by the MA and let her apply it on my olive skin. WOW...WOW.. I loved it. Yes you have to use a light hand, but it truly looked gorgeous and I am very happy I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by MissEmpress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this! This is one of my favorite and most used blushes.

I have brown skin and this blush, although it looks bright and intimidating in the package, when I put it on my skin...gorgeooous! It gives me a radiant, natural glow! Oranges work really well on brown skin. My skin looks healthy and I guess it would be the equivalent of a healthy flush lol. I use it now as my standard blush that I throw on each time I'm made up. I barely want to use my other colors and brands as this one works so nicely on me.

A little goes a long way and while pricey it will last a lonnnnnnnng time. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Exhibit A is a matte bright orange. I use a skunk brush and barely tap the bristles into the pan. Apply lightly and buff a lot. This gives a nice healthy flush on my NC20 skin. Love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Candace716

OMG...wow.
I got this blush from someone who was liquidating their makeup collection, along with Taj Mahal and Cactus flower. Paid half of the orig. price for it.

Let me say this, I would gladly pay full price for this blush. I had read so many reviews on it, but never had actually seen it in person. I figured since i was getting it for 13 bucks, it was worth the buy. When i first saw it, I thought to myself "HOLY COW THAT'S BRIGHT".
I got it home, and put it on, and it was georgeous! I'm NC45 in mac, and this is so pretty on. I will say, don't use too much, or you'll look a bit foolish and slapped lol, but with the right amount on...whoo, to die for!

This blush should last me a very long time. But, if I ever run out, I most definitely will buy again. Another winner from Nars!