Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 9/27/2014 8:37:00 AM

Long story short: Everytime I use this I have to remind myself why.
I don't like it.
I couldn't find the right shade for me, but it didn't matter since it was summer anyway I though (and my skintone would change).

I'd rather go with a good, moisturizing sunblock than this one. Today, there are good, moisturizing sunblocks that leaves you feeling less greasy than this one (The body shop has some, for example).
Yes. It does even out my skintone, and yes, it does not crack up on my drier parts but is it worth it, I ask myself? BECAUSE I can feel it. And it feels cakey. Especially since you need powder trying to get rid of some fatty-shine.

Pros:
* Cheap
* Easy to find

Cons:
* Leaves my skin feeling greasy, not to mention if one sweats a bit....
* Bad bad package... can't handle airplane trips of any shaky trips... the pressure that builds up in the tube ends up smudging the cream everywhere.
* I find it hard to remove. I guess I should mention I use very skinfriendly products.
* You'll need powder to tone it down a bit ... now that is the recipe for a cake with this foundation.

I'll slowly, slowly, use this bottle up and never look for it again. I don't use it when I'm preparing for a girls night out or a nice day around town... I use it as a sunblock when I don't have any sunblock with me. I use it as something-makeup-stuffy when I'm heading for a hike with the guy I have a crush on (In other words when I need a sunblock but also would like to wear some makeup). Hah.

on 9/26/2014 11:00:00 PM

At first I really liked using this product, but over time I noticed my skin becoming more oily for no reason and all the sudden I started breaking out with these deep under the skin painful blemishes. This was after 5 months of using this as the only product on my skin. I can only attribute this to the bb cream, as I have never had skin issues in the past, maybe one to two small pimples a month near my nose. Now I am getting 10-12 large pimples a month on my skin and forehead zones. As a result I now have some scaring on my chin and I would not recommend this for long term daily use at all.

on 9/23/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this when I first started wearing makeup. it's great if you're starting, and you don't want to much coverage. It can get a little greasy on my face, but I don't know if that's just because I have naturally oily skin. The packaging is super adorable and durable. This isn't my favorite BB cream, but it's something I would reach for if I'm not feeling like doing that much with my makeup routine. Overall, I recommend.

on 9/21/2014 9:50:00 AM

not so much coverage, very expensive for the quality, and not many shades to choose from. the packaging is cute and it's a squeeze tube. also it is very light, and doesnt stick to dry patches... would not repurchase

This was one of the best bb creams I ever tried.
It had a good coverage compared to others, the smell were very neutral, it was light and very easy to work with. For two months this was the only bb cream I used, and at that time also my favorite.
Unfortunately when those two months had passed I began to get rashes and pimples because of the bb cream. Therefore I stopped using it and after maybe one week the impurities were gone.
I tried to use it again some time later, but sadly the incident occurred again.

Really a shame that this product isn't going to be a part of my makeup routine anymore!

on 9/15/2014 6:26:00 PM

Well, this is a hard one to review. I'll start out by saying that I don't believe in all those "8-in-1" claims. I'll review as a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer.

The application if fairly nice. The product is very liquid-y, run-y and light, so it glides nicely on the skin and doesn't cling to dry patches.

As for coverage, like I said, it's sheer. It minimizes pores a little bit, evens out skin tone and covers this and that minor discoloration or scar. I'd say it's a skin perfector. I think it's great for summer, for warmer and hotter days when you don't want anything on your face, just something to even things out. I do think it leaves me with good looking skin, but nothing out of this world. If I have something a little more demanding, than this is not the product I'll use.

Again, as a skin enhancer, I think it's a fine product. I don't know if I'll be repurchasing it (almost done with a bottle) as I think since the release of this product others have made its appearance on the market and I haven't turned into a completely dependant on this product (I really want to try the Bourjois CC cream). Anyway, it's a nice one.

on 9/14/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am loving this bb cream! i have spent $30 on Clinique acne solutions foundation, but when i saw this for $8 and it had salicylic acid for acne, i tried it out, and i love it! my acne isnt all gone yet, but it covers for the most part and doesnt irritate it. definetly buying again.

on 9/14/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this BB cream. I saw it in stores when it first came out. I'm not sure about all the benefits. But as a light sheer 'cream' it's great. I purchased in deep and medium both can work for me. It gives u a fresh face in a few minutes. I don't always use moisturizer underneath as it already is moisturizing. It's the only BB cream I have tried but I'm satisfied with it. Always have a tube at home for those rushed days.

on 9/12/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a very sheer "BB cream" that smooths out your skin. I don't believe that it has the miracle capabilities it claims to, but it's a good no-fuss product to put on quickly in the mornings. That being said, I wouldn't buy it again for two reasons:

1) My skin gets oily, and this BB cream leaves a very dewy finish. It actually wasn't *that* bad in the winter and spring, but I would definitely not wear this during the humid New York City summers. While I'm going to choose more mattifying options in the future, this is probably a great pick for someone with normal-to-dry skin.

2) The color options are very limited. I am NC45/NW40, and the Medium/Deep is too light, and the Deep is too dark, so I mixed both. The undertones also run reddish rather than olive or yellow.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Initially I did not like this product. I was looking for something light to wear in the summer as up until then I was pretty dependent on No 7 Beautifully Matte foundation. I mean I was really overusing and my skin was paying for it.

Dream Fresh does not offer much coverage, it's true, but it does blur pores and creases a bit and evens out my overall skin tone. At first I hated it because it does make my face a little shinier than I would like. I felt like I was blinding people with my forehead. This is easily fixed with just a bit of powder. It's very light, stays all day, and I don't have to worry about it rubbing off on anything. If you just want a fresh looking complexion, this is for you. If you want a porcelain finish, you probably want something heavier. I've repurchased this probably 5 times now. It just feels nice on my skin. If I want to cover up my red spots I just use a dab of my usual foundation but nothing more.