April 18, 2014 | 1835 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by GigiMakeupStudio

I cannot say enough good things about this foundation. It's absolutely phenomenal, & I don't use that word lightly. It is so easy to blend, has amazing coverage, & stays put nearly all day. I don't even use a setting powder or spray anymore. There's no need. It controls my oil exceptionally well. My face used to get oily after only 2 hrs of wearing foundation but w/ this one I can wear for 5 at least w/o seeing oil. I feel like it just looks better & better as time goes on. I used to procrastinate on doing my makeup for an event so that I can be seen when the makeup is at it's freshest but with this,I won't mind doing my face makeup an hr or 2 before the event just b/c I can trust this will look even more flawless 2 hrs after it's applied. I did have to work w/ it & see which primer made it look best. Do experiment with that. I found the Smashbox photo finish primer to give me the best finish. The price is so unbeatable & I would choose this foundation over any of the high end ones I've tried. Oh I also find it blends super well when I use my fingers. No brush, no beauty blender. If you're on the fence about this, try it! You'll be pleasantly surprised.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ColorStay Whipped, has been a pretty good foundation for me. I was a little wary since I do have combination skin. But it wears well throughout the day. I do prefer to wear it with a primer, because it looks better that way. I have applied this a couple of ways, with a brush and with my hands. I think I prefer how it looks applied with a brush. I've only worn this in the fall, so I don't know how it would hold up in the summer when my skin is oilier.

My only pet peeve is the packaging. The jar is bigger than it needs to be, making it difficult to store. The glass also makes the product look much lighter. Since I was already family with the liquid ColorStay foundation, I was able to pick a good color match. But I think for someone who is not used to Revlon foundation the jar would be a problem. I would recommend those not familiar with the brand look at video reviews/tutorials with the shades they are considering to narrow down the shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried this after the rave reviews. It is just okay -- kind of greasy and I think it causes clogs. I really prefer the regular CS much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Skin type: Ridiculous. Super oily in the center of my face, normal on the outskirts. Dry spots just on my active acne spots. I am very fair, have a neutral-yellowish undertone on my neck and body, but very pink on my face due to acne. Most all fair products have a pinkish undertone which makes my face shade way off from my neck and body.

Anyways, I have a love-hate relationship with this product. I have used this product as my base foundation under Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, but I find that it doesn't cover or stay on well. That's the hate part about this product.

However, the thing that I love about it is that it is great for touch ups! Even though I use a different base power under my Stay Matte Powder, whenever I get home from my first job (5 hour shift) I dab off my current oils with toilet paper and then apply a layer of this product to my face. Then, I will set it again either with my Stay Matte Powder or with plain cornstarch (which is what all of those translucent, mineral veils are made of, except you can get a pound of plain cornstarch for a dollar!) Then my face is pretty good for the rest of the day.

I think that this product would work good for someone who doesn't have a lot on their face they want to cover and that only needs to oil blot maybe once or twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mvu6

I love this foundation! Makes me look flawless and without doubt lasts all night. I'm a bartender so it's imperative that I do not look oily through out my shift. The foundation stays and lasts all night, matte look. I used the revlon liquid prior, and makeup forever, but once I switched to the revlon whipped, I will not go back!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by austinxbradley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. My sister and I cannot get enough of it.
Even though it is a little pricey for a drugstore foundation, it is amazing.
I usually use Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet +, which is amazing, but there's so little product for almost $40. This has great coverage and staying power. I don't even have to use a concealer with it. I have very oily skin and this holds me for about 4 hours until I need to touch up with a mattifying powder. I use an acne control moisturizer and a Murad's oil control mattifying moisturizer/primer before applying.
I use a stippling brush to apply and then i get a round sponge to pat and smooth it out.
Most people swipe their face when applying their powder, but that wipes their foundation off, pat your powder on with a fluffy complexion brush. It truly helps with mattifying and making your makeup last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

I bought this in the color sand beige, im more yellow toned and have dry skin. This foundation loves me, it actually stays on me and looks good. I have a hard time finding a foundation to match my color and most important is covering my slight acne scaring. This foundation does the best and I like the price cause drugstore prices are great compared to high end foundations on the market. The packaging is good too except the plastic lid on the inside can be annoying. I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out, this has replaced my Maybelline superstay foundation as my new HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I like how it's in a glass jar container. You can get the last bit of foundation out unlike the Revlon Photoready pump-style container for instance. This foundation is more like a thick cream than an actual "whipped" consistency. Since this foundation is thick, you have to apply and blend quickly. I use a buffing brush. This foundation doesn't really have a scent. I moisturize my face lightly and wait a few minutes before applying this foundation. If I don't, it could be drying to my skin. The color matches me well (I have yellow undertones) and I use the color 320 Warm Golden.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Not impressed with this one. Although my skin is not dry per se, it has a slightly rough texture due to rosacea. Even with moisturizing before this, and blending well, it actually accentuated the imperfections in my skin. Coverage was just okay; I'd have to put a petty thick layer of this on to tone down any redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation.:) It gives a lovely matte affect to the skin, and truly lasts a long time. I do not use this all over evry day, I will just use in on my nose on regular days because it controls my oil nicely (if you wanna know my oil control routine, go check out my baby powder review! It really works). If I am however going somewhere formal or I just want to look really flawless, I will use this all over and apply it with my clean fingers then buff it in with a buffing brush, and set my nose and forehead with baby powder. Really nice formula, just wish it didn't come in a jar.:/