Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h

3.8

Active: Octinoxate 3 Inactive: Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane Silica, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Paraffin, Cyclomethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, [ /- May Contain / Peut Contenir/ Ultramarines, Iron Oxides / Titanium Dioxide]

on 12/24/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

GAH!!! I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. It has a nice matte finish to it, medium coverage and actually last throughout the day. However, I do have some gripes with it. First, it is not transfer resistant, so it gets on my phone and some of it comes off when i try to blot. It has a medium coverage but I need something with more coverage as this does not cover my red post-acne marks. Lastly, and the real reason why I can't purchase this is that it broke me out. Not horrible break outs but enough to make me stop wearing it. I did do a side by side comparison of this with Estee Lauder's double wear and honestly liked out Lancome looked on my face at the end of the day; it looks like your skin but better. Oh well...on to trying a new foundation out.

on 12/19/2013 4:28:00 AM

I used to be an Estee Lauder double wear convert. Double wear was my HG. After they changed the formula, i thought i'd try the other famous long wear premium foundation (Lancome teint idole).
The new Lancome teint idole ultra is everything the old double wear was, but better.
Great medium buildable coverage, dewy finish, long wear, photographs beautifully (low enough on SPF and reflective particles that your face doesnt go white from flash)..
Its my new HG.

on 12/18/2013 12:50:00 PM

I give it four stars only because I think there is still that 'perfect' foundation out there that I haven't found yet, but until I do this is my go-to product! I find this excellent for my combination skin. It's very smooth on the skin, ok it doesn't last 24 hours but realistically who needs that anyway. It does last perfectly for a good 8 hours at least, and even after a night out still looks flawless by the time you get home, even after tonnes of dancing in a melting hot club! The variety of colours is perfect, easy to find a really great shade. What I love about it most is the coverage - it can be easily built up from medium to full. I love the fact as well that it goes on smooth and does not settle in pores. I've had so many upmarket brands that have settled in fine lines so it's nice to splash out and not feel like you've wasted money. Would i buy again? Yes, I do every time I need foundation! Def worth a try.

on 12/18/2013 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The smell is what gets me. It smells like a heavily flowered garden. I can't handle it much.
The coverage is meh. It covers my spots and redness but I have to use SOOOOO much to actually cover all of my face.
It's kind of hard to build up the foundation cause it's very sticky but it dries and sets so quickly !!

Still Looking for a holy grail foundation :( *sigh*

on 12/14/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I was super excited to try this make up but really for the price, its nothing special. Coverage is good but as far as the 24 hour lasting coverage goes, that's a big NOPE. I got about 8 hours out of it before it started to get shinny and it started to fade a bit. Also rubbed of on my hands by just touching my face, not a characteristic of a 24 hour wear makeup, and settled into my pores even with a primer on. The color range isn't the best and for the price its just not worth it. You can get MAC's prolong wear and get the same effect for a lil less money, it lasts longer and they have a much better range of color.
This is my second go with Lancomes foundation (different kinds) and I'm not impressed.

on 12/12/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been in search of the perfect foundation for my oily skin for more than 30 years, with many ups and downs on the way.

I have found foundations with the perfect cover, but slid off my face after an hour. I found foundations with great staying power, but looked cakey, like a mask.

What I have been looking for has been found in idole ultra 24. Ok, let's be honest, it doesn't last 24 hours, but why would I want it to?! It lasts all day, and it doesn't look like a mask.

I use a makeup brush to apply and it dries to a nice matte finish. I do not use a primer. It hides tiny imperfections and large pores. (If only it hid wrinkles!!!!)

on 12/10/2013 8:11:00 PM

I like this foundation. but to me every foundation has its flaws.

PROS:
- it DOES stay on for a long time. i wore this 5+ hrs.
- does not oxidize.
- does not settle into pores.
- build able coverage. first application is medium coverage but can be built to full without looking cakey.
- good range of color selection.

CONS:
- settles into fine lines. i barely have any but it did settle on the small tinny ones.
- it makes dry patches VERY obvious. if you have dry skin or dry patches, this is not the foundation for you.

this foundation isn't a foundation that makes your skin look like "real skin." it does look like you have foundation on. but in my opinion, it looks very nice. its good for me because i have acne/acne scars and it covers it fairly well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros: Felt light and smooth. No smell.

Cons: Lightest shade was too dark for my pale skin. Didn't cover my rosacea redness. Didn't find it buildable.

on 12/4/2013 8:38:00 PM

I wrote a review previously and was not able to update it so I'm writing again cuz I'm so in love with this foundation. I loved the LancĂ´me tient miracle but then I decided to try different one so tried mac studio fix then Chanel vitaluimere , ysl illuminating and marc jacobs -all of them were okay there was no wow factor. But when I put this foundation my face looks soooo much nicer- glowy, dewy, smooth. With other foundations I couldn't notice much difference before or after foundation. I don't have major skin issues except little breakout once a while and dryness. So my face looks good without foundation too but this one makes it look so Much nicer. I loved the tient miracle but I think this is better. Plus it's so easy to apply and blend compared to all others I have used so far. And it stays on intact for as long as you can imagine. I'm so much in love with this product! It's definitely my HG! And the LancĂ´me concealer is amazing as well. I love you LancĂ´me for making amazing products. I also bought the powder which hasn't wowed me as much as the concealer, foundation and primer

on 11/27/2013 1:26:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for about a month. I was looking for a long wearing oil free formula to suit my combination skin. I purchased the 01 shade which has a slight yellow base which I always prefer for toning down redness. The pump bottle provides hygienic dispensing and I find one pump is enough. I like to apply foundation with my fingertips, despite trying many different brushes and sponges over the years.

The consistency of this liquid is quite thick, but it blends out very easily and doesn't set too quickly. I have a lot of freckles and I like the fact that the Teint Idole foundation doesn't mask them, it just evens out the skin tone whilst still looking natural. It is also quite good under my eyes, not too dry, and doesn't settle much into fine lines. I find I only need a tiny bit of powder in the T-zone with this foundation, and it stays matte for about five hours, becoming slightly dewy as the afternoon wears on.

I have also used it over Stila One Step Illuminate for an evening makeup which adds a fabulous lit-from-within glow. Generally though I just use an oil free moisturiser underneath. It lasts really well and is also easy to retouch (eg. around the nose) during the day.

I'm really pleased with this foundation. It is going to last for ages and in that respect is good value for money.