April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by DevilinSide

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have pale, maturing, combination (more on the dry side), and sensitive skin. I was looking for a hydrating foundation but was steered to this instead. I bought it first, then came home and read reviews. After reading about how drying it is, I was very nervous. So the first time I tried it, I used my moisturizer then applied the foundation with my fingers immediately afterwards. I found out that wasn't necessary as I felt a little greasy when I was done (although my daughter would say I was "glowing"). The next day I let the moisturizer sink in first before applying the foundation and that helped a lot. Today I finally used a foundation brush for the first time - and one pump of the foundation was all I needed to get a flawless look. I was told I wouldn't need a setting powder and I probably don't, but I prefer a light dusting of finishing powder on top of the foundation. My skin looks radiant and beautiful. I don't detect any of the perfumey or alcohol smell that others do. My skin hasn't broken out at all. It lasts well, but I have no idea if it lasts for 24 hours since I'd never wear makeup for that long. It lasts all day for me, which is about 10-12 hours. I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cocostar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference: NC50/NW45. I am matched to 500W. Hands down...this is my HG! I have several other foundies in rotation but I do not have to mix with this product to get my perfect shade. The texture and finish is velvety and not cakey or mask-like at all. Honestly, I think 520W could have been my shade as well but it shows a little olive on my skin. I can't claim the 24hr last power as it starts to wear off by the end of the work day. Minimal blotting and it stays fresh mid-day. This product is awesome and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie and every new foundation i HAVE to try out. when this hit the lancome counters, i had to give it a try. i went to Ulta and the SA was raving about this foundation and said they came out with more colors to match any one. i was skeptical since i have a unique skintone that is olive with yellow undertones and some green (thanks to my greek/African American nationality) so it is very hard to find an EXACT match. To my surprise she matched me to 410W which worked well w/ my undertones. the formula was light and did not cake on me after working a 12 hour shift. no breakouts and my skin felt my skin,, not like a mask. i can't say it stays on for 24hours bc no one in their right mind should be wearing foundation for 24hours... but for the long hours i work, i am extremely happy. would repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product around 4 months of autumn-winter. I have combo skin, very reactive and some enlarged pores. I used this foundation during winter because it's medium to high buildable coverage. Stayed on nicely through snow, blizzard, wind, rain and sun. I can say it could probably last 24 hours if you powder it (better not find out though...). Lasted very well throughout the day, when I was switching from very cold humid weather to a hot office. It sets reasonably quick (but no worries, there is enough time to work it on) and matte.
As for how it applies: I found I can get away with only one pump, maybe add half more if I felt I had a bad skin day. Using it like this for more than 4 months, I still have some left, I would estimate a whole bottle lasts half a year (I used it 6/7 days a week, not scarcely).

What scared me at first was the scent: it's heavily scented. I like the smell, but I was sure it would break me out. Well, it did not, but it still smells like a bottle of perfume rather than a foundation. The smell goes away in few minutes after application (or my nose got used to it, could not tell)
Also, I couldn't say it's the most natural looking foundation, but it's not bad, for the coverage it provides. Although I would not let it anywhere near a dry skin, it might be way too drying and aggressive.

So if you want to buy it and be satisfied consider this:
-it's medium-high coverage, don't expect any less than this, and don't expect it to look like you have nothing on;
-very scented - sample it before buying, so you know it doesn't break you up;
-it dries the skin a bit, suitable if you are combo/oily;
-have a trustworthy makeup remover - this foundation really stick to the skin and lasts for a loooong while;
-and finally, even if it's a 24 hour foundation, please don't keep it on this long, it can't do your skin any good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by hel0107

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is amazing really amazing, you dont need much and its covers everything without looking like your wearing alot of foundation, doesnt make skin greasy, holds skin well, doesnt give you spots, comes with a pump so you dont waste the product, a bottle lasts a while which is why ive given price 4 stars its not cheao but worth the money for sure. i will have this product in my make up staples for life as its so hard to find a good foundation.
if your skins like mine and you get spots honestly try this i think its actually stopped my spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedglitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Acne-prone, super oily, sensitive skin.

I bought this awhile ago and have been using it off and on ever since. It's a good full coverage foundation that doesn't feel heavy, and has a pretty good lasting power too. I do have to blot after 2 hours, but that's only because my skin is literally an oil pit. It looks pretty natural too, not like you have something caked onto your face. Only thing is, in certain natural light it looks kind of orangey-pink (or maybe it's the oxidation?). People swear they don't notice, but I do (occasionally, so maybe it is just the lighting), and it kind of bugs me (took off a lippie for that). As far as higher-end foundations go, this one isn't too incredibly expensive; I think it's worth the price. I usually mix it with my moisturizer or sunscreen and apply it with Sephora's foundation brush (#55). It didn't break me out or anything, which is always a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by madorno81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample from sephora and when i tried I did love it the coverage was great I still use concealer I had it on for like an hour was just playing around qith because I have sensitive skin and i deal w redness and breakouts from certain foundations. Believe im very thorough w washing my makeup off w olay facial clothes to wash my face and still did a neutrogena exfoliator n toner and still woke up w a pimple on my cheek :( im still in search for that HG foundation that doesnt break me out

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by EasonS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own A LOT of foundations but this is definitely in my top 5.
I use 005 and although yes it is still a shade or two too dark (very pale person) its one of the closest matches I've found.
It has medium+ coverage
It lasts until I'm ready to take it off.
I have very oily skin to the point where I powder almost every hour - this foundation does help to mattify some of that oil however some with dry skin may find this drying.
I find this doesn't glide over dry patches but it didn't make them look overtly obvious either.
It leaves a beautiful finish to the face and as someone that categorizes my foundations into day or evening this is definitely in both. Natural enough for day time- enough coverage for night.
It's definitely a flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Mulvernia

No matter what other foundations i try, i always go back to my Lancome. My skin has been dry recently so i was trying to use less drying formulas, however i found that this foundation still looked the best on my dry skin!
I am very fair (Bobbi Brown 00), and use the shade 005. When i first put it on it looks lovely, however i find that it does oxidise throughout the day, and this is the only reason i try other brands. I quite like being pale, and having a line of colour at my jaw is not a good look!
The staying power is wonderful, as it claims to be, although i find on the rare occasion i do need to touch up, it does not look at all cakey when i re-apply.
Coverage is medium but buildable, this can definitely be built up to a full coverage foundation.
When my skin is oily, i find that it helps to control my oil levels. It gives a satin-matte finish on me, even when my skin is dry, and this i love, as i have never been a fan of the completely matte look!
Overall, very pleased and would repurchase. My only criticism is the colour range - although there are not many companies that cater for skin as fair as mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been hunting around for the perfect foundation, one that covers without looking too heavy, one that doesn't feel thick on (like Estee Lauder Double wear which is nice looking but oh so heavy), one that lasts, one that doesn't oxidise, one that doesn't end up looking powdery and highlight every pore in my face (like Elizabeth Arden ceramide plump make up) and more importantly one that isn't going to turn shiny and be sliding off my face after a few hours wear.

I have a very light olive complexion, combination skin, prone to looking oily when I moisturise and add foundation so I want something to control that. I have no real wrinkles but my skin tone can look a bit dull. So I want something to even it out, liven it up and look beautiful and natural at the same time.

I ended up at the Lancome counter. I debated whether to go for a lighter dewy finish or one which would control oil. After much chatting them all over with the Lancome sales assistant. I arrived at this one, simply because I thought the sales assistants makeup/ skin looked very nice indeed, her skin looked radiant even and not over made up, not at all thickly made up looking like some counter assistants do and when I asked her what she was wearing and she told me it was Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, that made me decide on this.

So once home, I applied the foundation over a free sample of youth serum I was also given at the Lancome counter. The serum soaks straight into the skin so it wasn't necessarily the best to aid the application for this foundation which isn't a 'glider' on and I was a little unsure at first when I was applying it as it did take a little work to spread about, I applied with a flat foundation brush but then begun to use my fingers which I think maybe a better option as the foundation dries fairly quick on application.

Once on though, I was pretty impressed with the results. It looked great There was no sticking in pores no caky look. No heavy make up feel. It just looks like second skin only way better. After wearing the whole day and checking on it throughout and noting its not fading, not oxidising, not looking oily. I think I'm in love with this make up.