July 30, 2014 | 1013 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I upped the lippies and revamped my review of this product after figuring out how to get the best results. Initially I used a second conditioning rinse to detangle because it wasn't moisturizing enough and it made my hair limp and feeling gross by the end of the day. I've used it since and have gotten much better results For barely to the shoulders, medium fine hair like mine you need about 20 FULL pumps to start with on soaked hair. Work that in really well until it becomes kind of frothy then add a few pumps more to where you need it. I usually end up using 25+ pumps. To start It ends up looking like the usual amount of conditioner I would normally use when in my hand. The pump dispenses such a minuscule amount of product it's ridiculous. You have to really massage this stuff into the hair and scalp well until it gets that frothy consistency for it to do it's job and rinse cleanly. Don't ask me why. Then I throw a shower cap over it to let it sit while I carry on with my shower then rinse it all out after with cool water really well. When I use a decent leave in & some silk drops instead of a second conditioner in the shower my hair comes out great and frizz free with this stuff and even passable the next day as well. It's pretty obvious by the other reviews that the pump on this just couldn't be worse it dispenses half way after the first pump unless you wait or pull it up. They should just put it in a squeeze tube like their other products. The amount you get is pretty stingy for the price for a drug store brand. I think you get a better deal with the Hair One brand available at Sallys but I like that there is no menthol in this that both Wen and the Hair One products contain that irritate my scalp and make me shed like crazy. This requires a shampoo about once a week or so to prevent build up without any stripping. I found that a clear SLS free no frills kind from C systems worked just fine. Initially I wasn't using enough or working it in enough so that it foamed up a little. I'm using that term loosely but it really makes a difference. It really doesn't take any more time than shampooing and conditioning. It would take less if the pump didn't suck. and it's a lot less damaging especially if you color and blow dry. After 2 uses I really began to notice how much better my hair behaved and looked.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by LAURLAUR75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Def a HG for me esp on days im in a rush i use this in my rotation. It makes my hair so soft shiny tangle free and i like the vanilla smell. U have to get the amount of pumps right to like this which is trial and error...different for every wash for me depending if its a good or bad hair day. I first pump and apply along edges and part of hair and massage. Next pump more and apply it as u would conditioner to bottom of hair. Next squirt ur hair with water to lather it up and massage entire head. Leave on while washing shaving etc for five minutes. Rinse very WELL...i cant stress that enough or ur hair will be greasy. I dont reccomend using this every wash cuz of buildup but in a rotation of your regular poos clarifying and this. I love it. My hair is sooo soft and shiny. I go two to three days without washing. I hav long fine but a lot of it blond wavy hair that breaks in the summer from outdoor activities so this is perfect cuz it leaves me tangle FREE!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have fine, straight hair and oily skin or scalp, I would not recommend you use this product. Here's my story/review:

I was not looking for a cheaper version of Wen, but the idea of a cleansing conditioner interested me (spend less time in the shower, spend less money buying both shampoo and conditioner, and take up less space in my shower caddy). Plus, I was looking for a no-sulfate shampoo, and this has no sulfates. I thought it was too good to be true... and I was right. I was very pleased the first few times I used it because it got the tangles out of my long hair, and I could very easily comb it after I got out of the shower. I wash my hair every night, and would use this every other night. However, even using it every other night made my hair very greasy after about 3 weeks. I also noticed that I was breaking out alot along my jawline and cheeks, and I finally figured out why: the greasiness of my hair (both when wet and dry) was getting all over my pillow at night, and I like to sleep on my side with my cheek against the pillow (and I wash my pillow case at least once a week). I have acne-prone skin, so I can't afford to do or use anything that is going to cause me to break-out. So I stopped using this cleansing conditioner, and after about a week, I wasn't getting new breakouts and the ones that had formed were going away (with the help of some powerful acne meds). I really wanted to like this cleansing conditioner, but I just couldn't. I'm keeping it, though, just for times when I need to take a quick shower.

The bottle: slender, saves space in the shower. The pump is nice, but it only pumps out a little at the time, so it takes like 5 pumps to get enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Maybe i don't know how to use this..I haven't tried Wen yet, so I can't compare it and don't know yet if this kind of product is for me. I did find it hard to rinse out and kind of gummy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product other than the pump. I work out often, and because of that I don't like to skip washing my hair (I have a lot of fine wavy hair with an oily scalp, for reference). I use this several times a week instead of normal shampoo and conditioner, and it really makes my hair look and feel great. I prefer it to regular co-washing because I can actually blow dry my bangs after using this without them looking like a greasy mess. I have and will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My perspective is I was looking for a lower cost alternative to wen. If that is what you are trying to do, look elsewhere. Wen leaves my hair clean, but not stripped. This left my hair greasy. The smell was also fairly overwhelming. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by laylasmom

I have shoulder length thick, wavy, dry hair. I have been wanting to try Wen for a while but didn't want to hassle with ordering it online and spending a ton of money. So, when I saw the L'oreal version at Walgreens I was excited to try. I completely agree with all the previous posts about the pump- it is poor quality and you have to pump a lot also the smell is WAY too strong. I took off a lippie for those two negative aspects. That being said, I really like this product!! Even my fried, frizzy, ends feel soft with just ONE use! I was very concerned that I'd have greasy scalp- but I actually have a little more volume than usual! I think it's because I don't have to use 18 other leave-in conditioning/detangling products after I wash. I can't stop touching my hair. It is really soft and shiny. I will definitely be using and buying this product again. Caution that if you have oily hair this is probably not for you and it might not fully clean hair with tons of hairspray in it but otherwise- TRY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Shooshree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers that the pump is kind of a pain, but the real problem is that there is way too much fragrance in this product. It's been 7 hours since I washed my hair and the scent is still overwhelmingly perfume-y. I like the no-shampoo concept, but next time I will try to find one with a milder scent.

Update: It's been 24 hours. The scent has finally faded. My hair looks limp and stringy. I usually skip a day, but it looks like I'm going to have to wash it again with regular shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by wfnb1

Stripped my hair like my 80s green shampoo!

I've used Hair One for several years now. I like it a lot, but was looking for an even cheaper and more accessible option. I was delighted to find this at my local discount store chain. I was NOT delighted after I tried it. My hair was so dry it was like a time warp back to the 80s! So much for convenience. I actually returned it after a single use!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the way my hair looks, feels & smells after I use this & being disabled it makes my life a heck of a lot easier since I don't need multiple products. My one complaint is... okay two complaints are the size of the bottle & the amount of pumps is take to get enough product for my chin length hair. Again, disability & all, pumping is not my strong point. Other than that. I love it.