L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

3.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Camelina Sativa Oil/Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Caramel, CI 19140/Yellow 5.

on 8/5/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never used a cleansing conditioner before, but have been curious about them. Since this is available at most retailers, and seemed to be a fair price, I decided to give it a try. My hair is mid length (a couple inches below my shoulders), fine, but lots of it, and colour-treated (both low-lites and hi-lites). It can be oily at the scalp and dry at the ends, due to the colour, and heat styling. It tangles like crazy when I wash it, and I lose a fair bit in the shower and while combing it out when wet. So, I am trying to not wash it every day.
It took some a couple of tries to get this one right, but I am loving it! I get my hair really wet, and massage my scalp while wetting. Then I massage in a few pumps at a time. I do 3 pumps for the top, 3 for the sides, and another 3 for the back. Lastly I do 1-2 more pumps to work through the length. I massage it all in really well, and pile my hair on top of my head. Then I get on with my shower - let it sit for 1-3 minutes. Then I add some water and massage again. Then I rinse it VERY well. When I think it's rinsed out, I turn the water to a cooler temp and rinse some more. My hair combs out fairly easily. I still have the same amount of hair in the drain and comb, so unfortunately no improvement there (thus one lippy off), but it's super soft, and full of body. My ends don't look as dry, my hair is shiny and bouncy. And it's not weighed down at all.
I have always used a spray-in conditioner/detangler, and I still do with this (although I have skipped it on occasion, and my hair still felt soft), but I use half of the amount I used to. I put a tiny bit of India Oil (Ikon) on my ends only, as its very humid here, and the oil helps with that, and blow dry.
I am not flat ironing my hair these days, in an attempt to minimize damage, and even in our crazy humidity, my hair is looking pretty good at the end of the day.
And I can easily go 2 days - I am cleansing my hair every other day with this, and my hair never looks or feels greasy.
I have had compliments on how full and shiny my hair looks.
The only negatives are- (a) the pump is awkward, although I think if it was a regular bottle or squeeze tube I'd use too much, (b) the smell is crazy strong. I don't mind it, but would prefer it much more subtle. At least I don't smell it (much) after its dry. And, (c) it's not really helping (yet anyway) with hair loss and breakage. We will see....
Overall I like it. We'll see what my stylist has to say about my hair when I go in next.... As long as I'm still enjoying these results when the bottle runs out, I will definitely repurchase. I will update if my feelings change.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I have a very sensitive and dry scalp and very dry coarse hair that can't handle harsh sulfates. I don't use any products that contain silicone anymore (I use LUSH's R&B instead) and this is perfect seeing as I recently colored my hair. I have quite long hair that needs only 6 more inches of growth to touch my tailbone. I only use this product on my scalp and I use a water rinse and then a squirt of conditioner for the ends and then my R&B after. I'm a little surprised at the person who said they need 20 pumps of this stuff to feel clean. I guess everyone has different hair needs but I'd be damned to spend 8 bucks on a bottle of this and use 20 pumps! This stuff is great but the smell was a little bit hard to handle at first because it's very strong. To me it smells like Bath and Body Work's Twilight Woods and I LOVE it! I definitely love this stuff and will most likely buy this for a very long time but I want to try their nourishing shampoo for a deeper cleaning (like if I swim in the lake and get sort of mucky) I love this!

on 7/26/2012 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I upped the lippies and revamped my review of this product after figuring out how to get the best results. Initially I used a second conditioning rinse to detangle because it wasn't moisturizing enough and it made my hair limp and feeling gross by the end of the day. I've used it since and have gotten much better results For barely to the shoulders, medium fine hair like mine you need about 20 FULL pumps to start with on soaked hair. Work that in really well until it becomes kind of frothy then add a few pumps more to where you need it. I usually end up using 25+ pumps. To start It ends up looking like the usual amount of conditioner I would normally use when in my hand. The pump dispenses such a minuscule amount of product it's ridiculous. You have to really massage this stuff into the hair and scalp well until it gets that frothy consistency for it to do it's job and rinse cleanly. Don't ask me why. Then I throw a shower cap over it to let it sit while I carry on with my shower then rinse it all out after with cool water really well. When I use a decent leave in & some silk drops instead of a second conditioner in the shower my hair comes out great and frizz free with this stuff and even passable the next day as well. It's pretty obvious by the other reviews that the pump on this just couldn't be worse it dispenses half way after the first pump unless you wait or pull it up. They should just put it in a squeeze tube like their other products. The amount you get is pretty stingy for the price for a drug store brand. I think you get a better deal with the Hair One brand available at Sallys but I like that there is no menthol in this that both Wen and the Hair One products contain that irritate my scalp and make me shed like crazy. This requires a shampoo about once a week or so to prevent build up without any stripping. I found that a clear SLS free no frills kind from C systems worked just fine. Initially I wasn't using enough or working it in enough so that it foamed up a little. I'm using that term loosely but it really makes a difference. It really doesn't take any more time than shampooing and conditioning. It would take less if the pump didn't suck. and it's a lot less damaging especially if you color and blow dry. After 2 uses I really began to notice how much better my hair behaved and looked.

on 7/25/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Def a HG for me esp on days im in a rush i use this in my rotation. It makes my hair so soft shiny tangle free and i like the vanilla smell. U have to get the amount of pumps right to like this which is trial and error...different for every wash for me depending if its a good or bad hair day. I first pump and apply along edges and part of hair and massage. Next pump more and apply it as u would conditioner to bottom of hair. Next squirt ur hair with water to lather it up and massage entire head. Leave on while washing shaving etc for five minutes. Rinse very WELL...i cant stress that enough or ur hair will be greasy. I dont reccomend using this every wash cuz of buildup but in a rotation of your regular poos clarifying and this. I love it. My hair is sooo soft and shiny. I go two to three days without washing. I hav long fine but a lot of it blond wavy hair that breaks in the summer from outdoor activities so this is perfect cuz it leaves me tangle FREE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you have fine, straight hair and oily skin or scalp, I would not recommend you use this product. Here's my story/review:

I was not looking for a cheaper version of Wen, but the idea of a cleansing conditioner interested me (spend less time in the shower, spend less money buying both shampoo and conditioner, and take up less space in my shower caddy). Plus, I was looking for a no-sulfate shampoo, and this has no sulfates. I thought it was too good to be true... and I was right. I was very pleased the first few times I used it because it got the tangles out of my long hair, and I could very easily comb it after I got out of the shower. I wash my hair every night, and would use this every other night. However, even using it every other night made my hair very greasy after about 3 weeks. I also noticed that I was breaking out alot along my jawline and cheeks, and I finally figured out why: the greasiness of my hair (both when wet and dry) was getting all over my pillow at night, and I like to sleep on my side with my cheek against the pillow (and I wash my pillow case at least once a week). I have acne-prone skin, so I can't afford to do or use anything that is going to cause me to break-out. So I stopped using this cleansing conditioner, and after about a week, I wasn't getting new breakouts and the ones that had formed were going away (with the help of some powerful acne meds). I really wanted to like this cleansing conditioner, but I just couldn't. I'm keeping it, though, just for times when I need to take a quick shower.

The bottle: slender, saves space in the shower. The pump is nice, but it only pumps out a little at the time, so it takes like 5 pumps to get enough.

on 7/25/2012 1:27:00 PM

Maybe i don't know how to use this..I haven't tried Wen yet, so I can't compare it and don't know yet if this kind of product is for me. I did find it hard to rinse out and kind of gummy.

on 7/25/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product other than the pump. I work out often, and because of that I don't like to skip washing my hair (I have a lot of fine wavy hair with an oily scalp, for reference). I use this several times a week instead of normal shampoo and conditioner, and it really makes my hair look and feel great. I prefer it to regular co-washing because I can actually blow dry my bangs after using this without them looking like a greasy mess. I have and will continue to repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 1:08:00 PM

My perspective is I was looking for a lower cost alternative to wen. If that is what you are trying to do, look elsewhere. Wen leaves my hair clean, but not stripped. This left my hair greasy. The smell was also fairly overwhelming. I would not buy again.

on 7/25/2012 11:04:00 AM

I have shoulder length thick, wavy, dry hair. I have been wanting to try Wen for a while but didn't want to hassle with ordering it online and spending a ton of money. So, when I saw the L'oreal version at Walgreens I was excited to try. I completely agree with all the previous posts about the pump- it is poor quality and you have to pump a lot also the smell is WAY too strong. I took off a lippie for those two negative aspects. That being said, I really like this product!! Even my fried, frizzy, ends feel soft with just ONE use! I was very concerned that I'd have greasy scalp- but I actually have a little more volume than usual! I think it's because I don't have to use 18 other leave-in conditioning/detangling products after I wash. I can't stop touching my hair. It is really soft and shiny. I will definitely be using and buying this product again. Caution that if you have oily hair this is probably not for you and it might not fully clean hair with tons of hairspray in it but otherwise- TRY IT!

on 7/23/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with other reviewers that the pump is kind of a pain, but the real problem is that there is way too much fragrance in this product. It's been 7 hours since I washed my hair and the scent is still overwhelmingly perfume-y. I like the no-shampoo concept, but next time I will try to find one with a milder scent.

Update: It's been 24 hours. The scent has finally faded. My hair looks limp and stringy. I usually skip a day, but it looks like I'm going to have to wash it again with regular shampoo.