April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by AmandaHW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My perspective is I was looking for a lower cost alternative to wen. If that is what you are trying to do, look elsewhere. Wen leaves my hair clean, but not stripped. This left my hair greasy. The smell was also fairly overwhelming. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by laylasmom

I have shoulder length thick, wavy, dry hair. I have been wanting to try Wen for a while but didn't want to hassle with ordering it online and spending a ton of money. So, when I saw the L'oreal version at Walgreens I was excited to try. I completely agree with all the previous posts about the pump- it is poor quality and you have to pump a lot also the smell is WAY too strong. I took off a lippie for those two negative aspects. That being said, I really like this product!! Even my fried, frizzy, ends feel soft with just ONE use! I was very concerned that I'd have greasy scalp- but I actually have a little more volume than usual! I think it's because I don't have to use 18 other leave-in conditioning/detangling products after I wash. I can't stop touching my hair. It is really soft and shiny. I will definitely be using and buying this product again. Caution that if you have oily hair this is probably not for you and it might not fully clean hair with tons of hairspray in it but otherwise- TRY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Shooshree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers that the pump is kind of a pain, but the real problem is that there is way too much fragrance in this product. It's been 7 hours since I washed my hair and the scent is still overwhelmingly perfume-y. I like the no-shampoo concept, but next time I will try to find one with a milder scent.

Update: It's been 24 hours. The scent has finally faded. My hair looks limp and stringy. I usually skip a day, but it looks like I'm going to have to wash it again with regular shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by wfnb1

Stripped my hair like my 80s green shampoo!

I've used Hair One for several years now. I like it a lot, but was looking for an even cheaper and more accessible option. I was delighted to find this at my local discount store chain. I was NOT delighted after I tried it. My hair was so dry it was like a time warp back to the 80s! So much for convenience. I actually returned it after a single use!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the way my hair looks, feels & smells after I use this & being disabled it makes my life a heck of a lot easier since I don't need multiple products. My one complaint is... okay two complaints are the size of the bottle & the amount of pumps is take to get enough product for my chin length hair. Again, disability & all, pumping is not my strong point. Other than that. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by stellasmommy04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never buy this again. I have normal/dry hair that is great to start with. After using this product for one day, I'm disgusted. By day two, my hair was an oily filthy mess. It felt like I hadn't washed my hair in three days. The pump is a poor design and you have to pump forever to get enough for long hair. It also had a strong scent that smelled really great. I'm assuming the smell was to mask the fact I would have dirty hair a day later. It did not work for my hair. Everyone is different and will have different outcomes. In my personal experience, this product was two thumbs down. I was not willing to give it a second chance because I wouldn't be caught dead in public with icky hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not like anything about this product. I have never used Wen but I have used Deva No Poo and I have also used Vo5 to co wash. I honestly believe that Vo5 gets my hair cleaner and leaves it looking better than this product. I like the smell of this but it is to strong for my taste. Since I can buy 16 oz of Vo5 for a fifth of what I paid for 8oz of this I think I will stick with Vo5 conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for awhile, so I'm updating my review. I find that I can use this every day, but once a week I need to use a regular shampoo at the scalp. Otherwise, it gets too oily. Using it has done wonders on my hair. When I went into have my hair done, my stylist only trimmed my bangs, he said the rest didn't need to be trimmed. I still really like this product!

I hadn't tried this previously because of some of the dubious reviews. However, I live in a city that's very hot in the summertime, so my hair needs to be washed everyday to get the sweat out. The everyday washing was drying it out, so I decided to give this a shot. I was really pleasantly surprised. It left my hair soft, moisturized and shiny, without being oily at the scalp. The scent isn't bad, but is a little strong for several hours after. I removed one lippie for the scent. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rachaelhubbard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Never in my life have I had THIS bad of a reaction with a shampoo product.

I've never tried Wen, never been particularly interested in it. I wanted to give this a shot because the L'Oreal Ever-'s always sound so good in theory, but every one I have tried (Pure, Sleek, etc.) has ultimately let me down. I read that this was supposed to be "the one" though.

I found the price for this to be reasonable. There was a bit of a learning curve, but I stuck it out and after the first week or so I had it down and was really digging the results. Issues I had to overcome: how much to use (for my shoulder length thick wavy hair 5 pumps is perfect), how to get the pump to work (after depressing, I have to manually push it all the way back up...), how long to leave it on for (longer is better for me), and how much to rinse (a lot.) I use it daily, because if I don't I find my hair starts to get greasy and feel very weighed down and limp (naturally I have crazy volume).

So, yeah. For about 2 weeks there I was in hair heaven. Thinking "Could this be The One!?," shaking my head like I was in a Pantene commercial, enjoying how soft and silky it felt and how easily I could run my fingers through it. It styled great, would take to being worn curly or some heat straightening as I saw fit, no problems.

Then. Last night. As I was brushing my teeth, I noticed.... FLAKES. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE had dandruff. EVER. The idea of it always grossed me out. Not even when I was a broke college student moving out on my own for the first time and all I could afford was Suave strawberry. I immediately started freaking out and almost burst into tears (I'm currently 36+ weeks pregnant, and the idea of having my baby girl while sporting a flaky scalp just got to me!) Never ever EVER had this problem before. EVER. It doesn't itch, but there are flakes. When I rubbed my head a bit, even more of them appeared. I don't know if it's residue from the shampoo or just plain old dry scalp flakes or what, but it's GROSS and TOTALLY unacceptable.

I instantly threw this in the trash. I ditched the receipt after the 1st week so I can't even return it. Now I'm stuck using my husband's Head & Shoulders while PRAYING it fixes the damage this stuff has caused. I will NEVER buy it again, and I think I am done with L'Oreal's hair products.... which makes me sad because I do love Feria, the Ever-styling products I've tried, & some of their cosmetics. And the OCD part of my brain really wants everything to "match." Alas, it's SO NOT WORTH IT.

Going to try Head & Shoulders, Organix Moroccan Oil & Aveda next.... I hope they can mend my scalp before the baby comes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

This is the "shampoo" I have been waiting for. I have been using oil cleansers exclusively to remove makeup and wash my face for the past year or two so I have been wondering why there is no similar alternative in the hair product domain. I have dry skin (and thus dry hair), and cutting out foaming cleaners has done wonders for my skin. I tried cowashing, but I couldn't make it work - my hair was super soft, but lifeless and weighed down, so I still needed to use a foaming shampoo every few days. You can imagine my delight when I saw this in last month's Marie Claire! I have been intrigued by Wen for a good while now but have been turned off by the price and questionable reviews, so I decided to give this a try, given that it's pretty cheap. My dry, thin, wavy hair loves it! Main points:

1. As other reviewers have said, don't expect lather like you do from a traditional shampoo, but you will definitely see the tiniest little bubbles if you are using it correctly.

2. I use a couple pumps and distribute the product section by section. Bangs, crown, by my ears, around the nape of the neck, then the rest of my hair. I use about 2-3 pumps for each section. Using it this way makes the pump seem less annoying and helps you distribute the product rather than trying to fight through your wet hair to evenly distribute 8 pumps all over your scalp.

3. When you are ready to rinse the product out, add some water and lather each section of your head. This not only helps to properly activate whatever agent is supposed to clean your hair, but it also loosens up the oils and goop that you don't want left behind.

4. Rinse, rinse, rinse! Like Chaz the Wen man says, if you feel like you are done rinsing, rinse some more!

Afterward, I towel dry my hair and it is bouncy, soft, moisturized, and full of life. I have stopped using my beloved Biolage conditioning balm and (gasp!!) my hair is doing better than ok. Also, for girls who color their hair, this stuff is awesome because it doesn't fade your hair color (my stylist actually commented on how my toner hadn't worn off/my hair wasn't brassy this time) and it really revitalizes those parched, color treated strands (I highlight my hair). The only thing is that the scent lingers, so if you aren't crazy about vanilla scented products, this may not be for you.

EDIT: Turns out the shampoo is not enough to skip my conditioning balm, although my hair is much more moisturized than before. I got my hair cut 3 months after using this stuff and it was the first time my stylist didn't comment on how dry my hair was (and for once did not try to talk me into using a conditioning treatment haha)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No