October 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have bought Lipsmackers Dr Pepper, Carmex Moisture plus with tint, Revlon Lip Butters, and now this. I bought this in 818 Nourishing Nude. It is a color pretty close to my natural lip. Most lip balms I buy that don't have color tend to clump and look like I have gunk on my lips which is why I buy tinted balms. The RLBs were a disappointment. There were flecks of glitter in them causing them to be dry. Then the ones that didn't have glitter still felt fairly thick going on and not like a balm at all. Then there was the fact that it'd stick to the dry flakes on my skin & make them more obvious. While the colors were nice and pigmented, I still didn't like them. The Colour Riche Balm on the other hand doesn't have as much pigment but it's definitely the feeling of a balm. It glides on and feels moisturizing. This does not stick to flaky areas on the lips nor does it make them stand out (in fact it makes lips look luscious & hydrated). I'd rather have barely any pigment and the moisture than something that feels like a dry lipstick (which is why I don't wear lipstick). I can't say for how long this lasts as I haven't worn it a full day. I'm sure it wouldn't last too long on me since I rub my lips together a lot, drink a lot of water, and kiss my boyfriend. Over all this is really nice and I don't get negative reviews unless people want pigmentation. For that grab a lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product in "tender mauve" and "caramel comfort." Tender Mauve shows as a nice light pink on my lips and caramel comfort basically darkens my lips a tad and makes them a bit more brown (still really nice). I actually really like these better than the revlon lip butters. The reason is that the revlon lip butters dry out my lips and make them peel, this product doesn't. Also the colors from this line are more work appropriate and I'm at work a lot so I needed something like this.

Since those two colors, I have purchased "Caring Coral" and "Nourishing Nude." The coral is very light but shows a tiny bit, and the nude is a nice pinky nude. Still love them! I would totally repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love L'Oreal lip products in general, but not this. I bought the "Berry" shade and I might as well have bought 3 tubes of clear lip balm. It feels moisturizing...I guess...but that's not all I was looking for in this product. I wanted moisture AND color. As a mother of a 7 month old, any product that can do double duty WELL is a winner in my book. It's all about tinted moisturizers, tinted lip balms, eyeshadow with primer built in, and compacts with bronzer and blush all in one, haha! Sorry L'Oreal, I'm afraid Revlon does have ya beat with their lip butters.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by steph_79

I love these lip balms! I have Heavenly Berry, Pink Satin, and the Plum one. I actually like the Plum the least. The consistency of the Plum feels different to me; it's drier than the other two. As for Pink Satin and Heavenly Berry, I love them. Pink Satin is basically clear, with just a hint of pink. And Berry gives a nice subtle wash of color to my naturally-pigmented lips. It will look like you just have pretty lips, not like you're super made-up with lipstick. Very appropriate for work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't realize that these had minimal color and I was disappointed when I went home with the color 'Nourishing Nude' and found it so sheer. However, after using it on top of my favorite mauve lip liner the color really shines and it's very moisturizing. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after seeing plenty of reviews. I own 4 of the Revlon Lip butters and I didn't think I would need to purchase L'oreal's version. But after passing by L'oreal's Le Balm over and over again, I decided to purchase at least one to try out. I have Nourishing Nude and as an NC40-42, it's a perfect nude on me. It feel very nice, like a lip balm and doesn't dry my lips out. It doesn't last very long, but I'm the type of person who likes reapplying my lip products to keep them looking fresh. I really like the color selection, as it is not too crazy. Most colors are very work/school appropriate whereas Revlon's colors are very bright or very dark as opposed to the neutral shades the L'oreal line has. I'm going to purchase more, seeing as I use this product more often than my Revlon Lip butters!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have in tender mauve, absolutely beautiful nude-mauve colour, nice for girls like me who enjoy a lavender or mauve tint to their lipsticks. High shine, sheer so needs a few layers, lasting power not great but didn't expect it to be, moisturising, and smells lovely!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I have the colors Rose Elixir and Caring Coral. RE gives a nice shade of pink that looks very natural but CC is clear on me :( I love the packaging and the actual product a ton more than the Revlon lip butter but I don't think I'll buy again because these two will last me awhile. I gave it 3 lippies because it has a sunblock taste (not too bad but I still strongly dislike that lol)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Ditched this for the FLOWER Lip Service Lip Butter in "Princess and The Peony". It's the color and everything else I wanted from the L'Oreal balm, and no testing on animals. Win-Win.

I bought this in Rose Elixir because rose is my best MLBB color. I'm not a fan of opaque lipstick, nor do I like high shine lip gloss. I really want something in between, so I look for balms. Many balms have been discontinued over the years, so I find myself searching for new ones. Right now, this is the best balm I can find. It is more transparent, slippery and shiny than I prefer. Although it's oil-based and shinier than I expected, it's not a glassy lip gloss shine.

Everyone is talking about how this compares with Revlon's lip butters. I tried the rose shade in the Revlon product, and took an instant dislike to it. It was an unnatural opaque color, dry, and looked like it was sitting on the surface of my lips instead of blending with them. The L'Oreal balm looks like the color comes from the depths of my lips; much more natural. Plus, you can put it on without a mirror because there is no need to be precise.

I found a blog with a very good picture of the balms swatched on an arm if you'd like to see the colors. You will see more color payoff than expected once the balm is built up. http://glamtrotter.com/loreal-balm-swatches/

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you were one of the people complaining that the Revlon Lipbutters were too pigmented then these are for you. Despite the name "Colour Riche" there is definitely no richness of color in this balm. I bought the color Pink Satin hoping it would tone down the color of my naturally reddish-pink with a hint of mauve colored lips and add a little more pinkness to them. However this is pretty much a clear gloss with a very fine and subtle pink shimmer (the shimmer does not feel gritty on the lips).

In terms of its ability as a lip balm this is just okay. It feels a little more moisturizing/comfortable than the Revlon Lipbutters, but I still don't think it's moisturizing on the same level of an actual lip balm. Like the Lipbutters this has pretty poor longevity and I have to reapply every hour at least. These have a very subtle, sweet scent though after ten minutes on the lips the scent fades. Overall I don't think this is terrible, but it just seems like mediocre quality lip balm that wears off quickly since there isn't much color to speak off. To put it another way, I get more noticeable color from cherry chapstick and since chapstick is cheaper I see little point in recommending this.