Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Great tip, READ ON!

This is a great eye shadow base! Lasts all day, I haven't noticed any creasing. Comparable to MAC Paint pots. Now on to the tip.. For those of you that like Chanel Notorious, or like to contour with a grayish color to mimic a realistic shadow, but like to work with creams... Try this! It makes a GREAT contour! I like to apply with the angled end of Sigmas F88 brush, them blend out with my finger, then set with a translucent powder. It looks like a real shadow, and it's not so grey that it looks like death. Being that it is a cream, it doesn't catch onto bumps in my skin like the Chanel Notorious does, and it's matte, which makes a better contour anyway. Just wanted to share my exciting discovery!

Would i repurchase? YES! I'm a makeup artist, and this has become a staple in my kit!

on 1/8/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I like it, but I certainly don't love it. I have a few other of the Color Tattoo shadows, but this one seems to crease like crazy! (And yes, I apply it in a thin layer!) And it also seems to just look really dirty and sloppy even when I apply with a brush. Also doesn't blend well. Tough as Taupe and I just don't get along! :/

on 1/6/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hated it! Shadows NEVER crease on me...this was the first-even with primer. It's a dull, mud-like color.

on 1/4/2013 10:27:00 PM

I love all the Color Tattoo colors I've purchased but I'll have to admit, this is my favorite. The mushroom gray brown works well with my blue eyes and medium/fair skin. I've paired a lot of different shadows with this but my favorite is this all over the lid with a bit of warm matte brown in the crease. It's smokey but in a sophisticated manner. I highly recommend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff! It lasts wonderfully well and you get a little time to blend it before it sets. I also use a brush to lightly line under my eye and that stays put all day. I use it most days on my eyelid and eye crease and under the eye. The color is very flat by itself - I always top it with the silvery-taupe color from Wet n Wild's "Silent Treatment" trio and that gives a pretty shimmery effect over the grey/taupe that lasts very well.

on 1/3/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought several of these colour tattoo eyeshadows and really loved them all - the staying power is great. Some of the colours come out more sheer than others, and my white one (05 'too cool') seems to have dried out a bit. I definitely get the most use out of the taupe colour. I find it fairly pigmented and the staying power is great. I use this most often in my brows as it is a great neutral for my fair skin and deep drown hair, but it also works as a great subtle shade for my crease.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Lovely on its own, or paired with other eyeshadows. Perfect shade, perfect consistency.

on 12/30/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

These eyeshadows have a great consistency. I was afraid to try them at first because they looked like something that could get greasy and slide off of my eyes. I was so wrong. I think this particular color does great over a neutral eye shadow look. I dab a tiny bit of this in the corner of my eye with my finger and the color lasts all day. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under all eye shadows and liners. I can't wait to try more colors. My sister uses the maroon shade (not sure of the name) and it looks great on her.

on 12/29/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this because of all of the buzz. It's not a color I normally gravitate towards but I do like it. It doesn't go on quite as smoothly as Barely Beige or Bad to the Bronze but it's very blendable.
This is nice but it's not HG

Other commenters are right in saying it is more of a grey than a taupe. Nevertheless, I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. I use this as an everyday crease color for a smokey eye. I apply it with my finger and can use more or less depending on how dark I want it to be. You have to act quick though because it is difficult to blend the longer it sits on your eyelid. I always use primer, so I'm not sure about it staying 24 hours, but in all honesty, who wants it to last that long anyway? It is definitely still on and noticeable when I take my makeup off at night after a long workday. I love this so much I want to purchase in another color!