April 20, 2014 | 1725 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Tough as Taupe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

How funny, I didn't even know this was an eye shadow. I use it as an eyeliner only. Lasts great and I love the colorónot too brown, not too purple.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my first time trying this range so I decided to go with the bronze and the taupe to test them out.

compared to the bronze one this has a matte finish and a very strange colour! in the pot it looks like two shades a brighter brown then the bronze (minus the sheer) but on the eyelids it's very unusual, between brown and gray I'd say and very flattering.

I don't have any colours similar to it so what I usually do is apply a creamy almost bright neutral beige in the inner corners of my eyes, taupe on the rest of my eye lid and then a touch of matte black in the outer corner to add depth to it.

I'd recommend using a concealer brush for this one cause I noticed it applies it much much better then my eye shadow one, I prefer matte and satin finishes so I prefer it over the bronze one. it lost a lippy because it doesn't photo as well as the others, also because the colour is dark you can't really brighten it otherwise it'll mud the colour, only darken it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first time experimenting with these color tattoos . I got tough as taupe because it was a neutral and almost every other color was sold out (boo) . It was $6 plus tax , and comes in a heavy glass jar . I love the packaging . Sleek and high end . The color in the pot looks brown to me , but once its on my lids , it's a medium dark grey . I lovee the color . I do find it a bit hard to work with however . It's not the creamiest formula to work with , but I think the color is too gorgeous especially when topped with eyeshadow . This last forever on my oily lids . No creasing no smudging . Love love love .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally a cream shadow that doesn't slide off and into my eye lid crease. I love this shade. I love that it's matte. It does require more work (for which it loses a lippy) than the shimmery CT shadows because it goes on uneven. What works for me is to pat it on with my fingertips and then pat some more to blend. I set it with a similar taupe powder shadow and it stays put until I am ready to take it off. Wow. Paid $8.99 at London Drugs. As per usual, we don't have the full range of shades in Canada. I originally went out to buy Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Barely Beige, and Test My Teal. To my dismay, Barely Beige and Test My Teal, as well as a number of other shades are... not available in Canada. Quelle surprise. *sarcasm*

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by jessicavinge

After hearing raves over the Maybelline Color Tattoos since they came out, I finally decided that I'd give one a go. I have been shopping around for a good cream eyeshadow that I can just slap on my lids before class and head out the door. So I decided to start on the cheaper side of the spectrum. I got Tough as Taupe for roughly $6.50 at Walmart, so I can't complain about the price considering I am debating on getting a MAC paintpot or Benefit Creaseless cream shadow.

Anyhow, as for the product, I actually really love the color alone on my lids. It is an odd color, nothing like any of the shadows I already own. I don't think it's ugly though. It stays on pretty well all day when no powder shadow on top. By only negative thing to say about is the consistency. It is very thick! I find it rather hard to blend. It doesn't really go on smoothly at all. Other than that I'm a big fan of the product and might just pick up another color in the near future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ladysupermarket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this I fell in love with the color on the tube. As soon as I opened it was far more perfect. It doesnt crease, and the color is perfectly fashionable. Reminds me of the eyes of supermodels at catwalk. I would give it 5 lippies but Ive never liked the fact that Maybelline isnt cruelty-free :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by boxyeongxan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am also.. nc 20 and this color is...not warm..but i dont find it too cool either. i mean its not difficult to handle. For those that feel that the color is too cold toned, I like to use warm toned brown or any warm toned eye shadow to blend the taupe color.
The color is very pretty, no shimmer, a matte grayish taupe.
The texture is very smooth and quite easy to blend with your fingers.
The staying power is pretty long, I don't really have oily lids so it lasts several hours if i use it alone. But if I use it with eye primer as well it lasts even longer, about a whole day.
The packaging seems sturdy and not too bulky...just a normal pot of cream shadow..
There seems to be a enough product in one pot, so I think it'll last me quite a while before I need to buy another.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so sad that this pulls so silver on me. what a beautiful color in the tub but pulls very cool on my nc20 complexion. great texture and doesn't crease. bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovek it both as eyeshadow and the brow gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lilblacksky

I stayed away from the Maybelline color tattoos for the longest time because I chalked up its popularity to overhype, but gave in and got these in an impulse buy during a sale and I'm now weakly kicking myself for not getting these earlier. Tough as Tough is my favorite of the ones I got, it is so creamy and blendy, lasts the whole day, is matte (<3) and the color is PERFECT, a true true taupe on my eyes, hits *the* perfect sweet sweet spot between brown and gray (so many so called 'taupes' pull brown or rosy on me) It just looks so natural and complements my eyes/skin so well. It's definitely NOT a true gray (if there were a true matte gray version of this I'd whip that up so fast lol!), but it might look like that on your eyes if you have very warm toned skin or dark skin so beware, the product is a bit darker / grayer than it looks in the pot.
I love that it's so easy to use, though, it blends easily with fingers. Very versatile, can be used sheered or opaque, for soft neutral or darker smokey eyes, I can just use it by itself (don't even need to set it with powder!) or use it as a base for intensified pigmentation and blendability with my powder e/s. And it lasts until I remove my makeup in the evening with no visible fading/creasing/wear :D (I have normal lids though.. might fare worse on oily lids!)
I store these upside down so I can see the color and also because that makes these dry out slower (apparently). The pots look so cute sitting in the drawer, I def appreciate the packaging.
I would give Tough as Taupe 5/5 stars but it's sadly not cruelty free. :[