April 18, 2014 | 1599 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by j3ssica23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as the last step in my makeup routine. After I have on my foundation, a heavier eye concealer underneath, and have put on my eyeshadows and mascara, I rub this all under my eyes and bring it down to the sides of my nose. The little tuft on the end blends it sooo beautifully. I use the Brightener on my eyes as my very first step and the Medium shade last. Such a nice under eye concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really sheer concealer that doesn't cover anything. shade (neutral) made my under eyes look grey and chalky. application is a nightmare too, some twisted sponge that feels like it was made 2 centuries ago. would not repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Chandler0505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Saw a video on YouTube, and rushed out to buy this, figured one of my daughters could use it if I didn't like it. I bought this in 160-Brightener. I dab some on my hand and use a brush. I use this as my face highlighter. It is not super matte or really shimmery. (Huge problems I've had with highlighters lately) it goes on smoother than by watts up by Benefit- not to mention cheaper! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have extremely dark circles but this covers them nicely. I really do like the packaging, and I think it's a very creamy concealer. It doesn't set quickly on its own, so I do have to set it with a powder or else my undereye area will feel tacky. I also haven't noticed any benefits from using this product and I haven't seen my dark circles "erased" as advertised. Definitely a good quality drugstore concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

A lot of people talk very highly about this product, so when I saw it on sale at a local drugstore I decided to try it.

Overall, it wasn't as good as advertised. Coverage was mediocre, especially on my dark circles. Will not be purchasing again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese. BATTLE MATCHUP CONCEALER & CORRECTORS!

Scenario: Yellow, warm toned skin. Left eye, starting to be shadowy but skin firm. Right eye, more shadowy due to skin / circles sinking in. :( Some crepey skin in general under eyes. Nothing major but circles dark enough needing some kind of corrector.

Environment: natural lighting in house. Overhead (bathroom) lighting always casts shadows, so mirror checks were done straight on w/ a hand held mirror. The results:

>Last Place: Maybelline 20 Light Pale vs 50 Neutralizer: preferred 50 as more yellow toned; 20 is doable though. Insufficient coverage by itself. Dry finish accentuating uneven finish (bumps in skin) and crepey skin alert.
>Pass: Bobbi Brown Concealer Duo Sand under and Maybelline over: BB is drier than SK, plus adding M's dry texture was no help. Good coverage, bad dry finish.
>Acceptable: Skinfood Salmon Concealer #2 under and Maybelline over: SK is very greasy, so the M's sat very well on top. Good coverage, but finish looks like I'm wearing concealer. M20 gave pinky finish, M50 better match to skin tone.

UPDATE 1/6/14: Using a very emoillent eye cream as a base (currently Innisfree Soybean eye cream), I like to mix bot the 20 and 50 together and dab on, then buff out w/ another brush. Then set, currently with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening powder (does have dimethicone but no breakout around the eye area).

TIP: You can rip off the sponge tip applicator and just click/view the amt you need.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a drugstore concealer that would meet my needs. This concealer was well reviewed by Paula Begoun on Beautypedia and Angie/HotandFlashy on youtube also gave it a very good review. She is 51 years old and does great videos for mature women.

This product has received very mixed reviews here, so I didn't know what to expect when I bought it. Angie and Paula mentioned the problem with the extra tape on the applicator, so I was forewarned about that. I managed to get it off fairly easily. I have read the concerns about contamination with the applicator sponge. I don't see that as a problem, because it's easy to just apply the product on the back of your hand and then use a concealer brush to pick up product.

I used a good eye cream before applying. The texture of this product seems a bit thicker, but it still goes on smoothly. It does not have the creaminess and emollient texture of high end products I have used like LancĂ´me Maquicomplet Concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer or Nars the Radiant Concealer. That may be why some feel that this is too dry. It sets to a nice matte finish. As a mature woman with dry, sensitive, mild rosacea skin, I did not find it too drying at all. I also did not have any redness, burning, irritation, stinging, or any reaction of any kind.

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this product covered the discoloration under my eyes. It also helped with the puffiness. I used the shade Light/Pale and it was perfect for my NW20/25 skin. It also brightened up my under eye area.

The only negative about it was the lack of staying power. After a few hours, I could see some of the reddish discoloration starting to show up. However, I got a tip from Emily Noel in her youtube video review of the Laura Geller Baked Vanilla Highlighter, in which she used it under her eyes to set concealer and brighten. She recommended a cheaper dupe in the form of Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana. I have that product, but haven't used it much of late. So I tried using it under this concealer. It provided even more brightness and most important of all, gave it more staying power. That took care of my one issue with this product.

I have been so pleasantly surprised by this affordable drugstore concealer. It has out performed some concealers that cost three times as much. Regarding the issue that some have had with the twisting mechanism breaking down, I will have to wait and see how this product holds up. If the twisting mechanism does break down, then I will update my review accordingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I like this product. I got the lighter shade and it covers well and fits my complexion nearly perfectly. I love the applicator sponges because you can dab it on and blend it. It appears to be shimmery as well which gives your eyes a healthy glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by AmeliaBbeautiful84

I like this as an under eye concealer only. It doesn't seep into the lines and wrinkles like some concealers do. It's light and airy. I chose the lightest color they had on the shelf and I could use an even lighter shade for under eyes. I didn't really notice any brightening affects with it either. Just a basic light coverage under eye concealer. Overall good buy though!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As an eye concealer, I did not particularly enjoy this. I have this in light-pale, and find that it does not really conceal dark circles very well (though, to be honest, I don't really have a problem with them...which if anything is worse because it should be even easier to conceal!)

My main problem with this concealer is that it is more effective as a regular concealer for acne than anything else (which I guess isn't a problem entirely but the product is for dark circles- not hyper-pigmentation or pimples). I will say that I did not have issues with the make up drying out my eyes (or settling into fine lines), but I will caveat that with I do not like having to slightly tug on my under eye skin when applying this concealer.

I do prefer this concealer for the inner corners of my eye, or when I'm out of my regular concealer I can put this on a pimple and it conceals fairly well. As an added bonus, it also blends well. An additional issue with the concealer is that it is particularly hard to find a color that matches as the variability in skin tone is not there. The product was inexpensive, and while it is portable, I do not like how the product is dispensed (via a sponge).

I would not buy this again.