July 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another drugstore fail for me. I really wanted to like this, I got it in the Brightener shade. The packaging is terrible, the clicky-twist up part pops up and I have to push it back down in order to click it up to get more product out. The coverage is decent. I also find that even when using a setting powder the product never seems to set and I can wipe it off hours after application.

I don't like to waste money, so I will continue to use this on light makeup days. If you are on a budget this isn't a bad product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

I wouldn't waste my money on this again. It doesn't conceal well,the sponge applicator is messy and with that plastic cap I'm sure it's a breeding ground for bacteria. I didn't like the way you had to turn click it to dispense the product into the sponge. Not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

Love this concealer. Have used it for over a year now. Creamy, very pigmented, lasts all day. Hides and brightens dark circles (with NO shimmer) and hides blemishes or redness too. My HG and has been for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Stephlovesmac524

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I honestly really like this concealer. at first I didn't think I liked it because I didn't think it covered well but I figured out if you pat it in with your finger it covers a lot better then any brush or sponge! so now I do that and I like it a lot it covers really well with only a thin layer and you can build the coverage (:

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by NadiaZaki

I don't understand all the hype about this product, the only reason I bought it was because I saw it in several youtube videos. I thought it dried out my under eyes and was a bit difficult to blend. Would not buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jessjessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this product comes with a built-in sponge applicator and it covers soooooo we'll. my only complaint is that it shifts. I have to set it really well before I can even apply my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Kittenwhiskas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Never thought I would say this about a drug store brand, but this is the BEST concealer I have ever used. Its right up there (if not better!) in terms of overall finish, lasting power and coverage with the HG concealers I have used in the past (NARS, Christian Dior to name a couple). Its so creamy, feels comfortable on the skin, provides excellent coverage and rarely creases for me. I can't believe how good this is.

Only issue is the packaging is unhygienic, so to get around that, I rip the sponge off and twist/transfer the product out into a small travel jar with a tight lid. I use a brush for this and then blend out using my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty good in terms of coverage but I just don't like the finish. It's a little too dry for my taste. But, I still don't mind using it so after I finish I'll be trying new under eye concealers (hopefully NARS).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by nilapeela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product! It lasts the whole day without a primer or setting powder. The shade medium suits my skin tone perfectly and it looks so natural and doesn't cress under my eyes! And I also use this on my blemishes and it works just fine for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MollyDickson

Excellent value for the money though the packaging is horrible and unsanitary ( gross sponge tip) in my opinion. I was so excited to try this given all the rave reviews but it took be a few tries to figure out how to optimally use this product particularly the pink brightener. I am typically NC 30 in MAC. the brightener shade is too white looking worn alone BUT works great when layered under one of the skin tones. Medium looks dark but is the right shade. The Neutralizer (? Neutral I forgot exactly since I returned) shade is too light. Medium is much better.ive also been able to use this shade as a face concealer in a pinch. I Also use and love Benefits Erase Paste in medium tone The maybelline will be used in my everyday makeup case as the cheap dupe that I don't mind losing. worth trying esp if you wait for one of those but one get 50% off promotions at the drugstore.

UPDATE:

I've gotten over the gross sponge tip issue by swabbing it with an alcohol wipe (the kind used for injections. I bought a whole box Inexpensively at the drug store). The little sponge tip is proving more useful than I would like to admit much to my chagrin. It helps with application when you don't have makeup brushes and it allows you to spread a fairly thin layer over a wide area in one swoop.

The brightening shade is still great layered with the medium as my under eye concealing shade but I realized I could use it solo as my highlight shade when contouring. Same goes for the lighter Neutral shade which I stupidly returned.

These little cylinder containers fit well in my make up bag (vs pots) and I'm finding them more useful and convenient than I thought I would. The formulations are also continuing to live up to the hype with respect to smoothness, blendability, no creasing and decent coverage with no cakiness.

I try to avoid brands which animal test and I'm still unclear if maybelline does(I think they do?) so that would really be the only other negative I can think of thus far.