December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't find a Shu Umera counter in the city I'm staying, so I went to pick up this foundation at the Chanel counter, together with a few other stuff two weeks ago.

I have faith in Chanel, coz I had an amazing compact powder foundation last summer and love it (Teint Controle Extreme - Extreme UV Protection Control Powder Foundation), it was just divine. It has very nice coverage, but not matte, shows my skin texture well, still gives a luminous glow and radiance to my skin without looking oily, gives nice dimensions to my face and hides puffyness, fine lines and flakiness. It was so easy to apply, no mess. This compact powder foundation raised the bar of my expectation and that's what I look for in a foundation aside from feeling comfortable. Sadly, they ran out of stock at the counter.

So, I got this instead. This is my first Chanel liquid foundation, unlike Shu Umera Face Architect (liquid foundation) that I had been using for years, this coverage is relatively light, a bit too light to my liking due to my current skin condition. I never needed to use a concealer, and have not found a concealer that can mask my currently healing acne marks so I tend to depend on a liquid foundation that gives good coverage. This is pretty much thin like a BB cream to me without a greyish cast. My current skin issue won't last forever so this isn't really my concern.

It's moisturizing to be used in winter and can last for 4-5 hours without touching up, feels quite comfortable on the skin.

The shade I got is 20 Clair - Cameo, it matches my pale asian skin tone and tend to be a bit more yellow, the other 20 Clair has a pink undertone.

My only problem is it turns orangey and darker after a few hours of wearing, makes me looking puffy and tired under natural lighting, not sure if I got a bad batch or it has something to do with the shade I pick. I have normal skin, wear a very light serum and a very light sunscreen, wait for 10 mins to sink in before putting this one, and also don't think I put too much foundation on my face. All MUAers and makeup gurus, I'd like to know what has gone wrong, please give me some suggestions!

I still have to wear this everyday until I can get a better alternative or a solution. It might not be a bad foundation on itself but it might just not for me at the moment.

Will try to give an update later.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation at the moment. I have this in 20 and although it has a very strong yellow undertone, I can make it work by blending it well into my neck. The coverage is light/medium and the finish is very even and glowy.

Because it is very moisturizing, I skip my moisturizer in the mornings when I use it. My skin is quite normal, but it would definitely get too shiny if I wore a moisturizer underneath it.

The best part of this foundation, I find, is that it doesn't break me out. And that is very rare for me. I don't use foundation everyday, so this will probably last me a long time.

I would recommend this for people with a dry to normal skin who do not need a lot of coverage. To people with oily or oily/combination skin: You'd better stay away from this, because it could just melt off your face... Although every skin reacts differently, so you might give it a try anyway :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by manini3

It took me awhile to fall in love with this foundation. At first I thought it was greasy, and almost returned it. Then I figured out that the skincare you wear underneath makes all the difference in how the makeup wears. I wear a lightweight serum and an SPF moisturizer. If I don't moisturize properly before I wear Vitalumiere, it can look flaky on my combination skin. It took a few tries, but now I think I have this equation figured out.

UPDATE: After a few weeks of using this, I started to break out!! I never break out, I have dry skin, but some ingredient in this foundation (probably the fragrance), caused me to get pimples. I am not happy about this at all, and have since switched to Chantecaille Future Skin foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmelody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I tried this foundation when the SA accidentally gave it to me instead of Pro Lumiere, which is my usual foundation, I couldnt be bothered going back to change and it so i thought id give it a shot. When applied carefully with a brush, its really nice, it gives a nice dewy coverage and looks gorgeous, when applied with fingers, not so great, it doesnt seem to sink in to my skin (normal skin) and comes off on everything, my phone, my hands etc. Im not usually covering it with powder, but if i do (chanel powder) it generally lasts a bit longer, however, the finish of the foundation changes and it actually doesnt seem to take the powder in, it kind of just sits on the face.. I would always apply with a brush, than it is a great foundation.. i think all chanel foundations need to be applied with a good foundation brush. my biggest tip, when mixed with diorskin forever foundation, it looks AMAZING, i have never tried any foundation that looks or feels better. I use the two of them together and get compliments all day long :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by louisabarber

I absolutely love this foundation. It is quite a light to medium coverage, and gives off a lovely dewy look. I've found that Vitalumiere looks best when applied with a brush and blended in with fingers. The foundation does look a bit orange/yellow when first applied, but if left to "sink in" for a few minutes it looks just amazing, and is pretty close to my skin colour, ensuring that I maintain my pale skin tone but that I also have a bit of a warmer glow. I've given the packaging a 4/5 however, because I do find that the lid often falls off in my makeup bag.

In short, this foundation is just brilliant and I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by angeltangny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation to replace my regular foundation which was teint de innocence (discontinued, begin crying now ladies). Man do I miss teint de innocence. This foundation cannot compare. I was walking around for a month wondering why I looked tired, or red, or just plain ugly. Finally, I realized it was my foundation! It's not that the foundation is terrible in and of itself but it's terrible in comparison to teint de innocence. It's inexplicable but vital lumiere simply lacks the perfect dewy glow and coverage teint deinnocence delivers. This is a rather ordinary foundation and not up to regular Chanel standards.

I am going to try perfection lumiere, crossing my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LaraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My one and only foundation. This product makes your skin look gorgeous. Coverage is sheer, but buildable. It is a bit yellow, but I have yellow undertones so it is OK for me. It doesn't clog my pores too bad, I try to only wear it once in a while. However my only gripe is that when I do like to wear this out at night, it makes my face super dewey looking, like I have a oily face all night. Gross. For this reason, I may switch to the matte formula, which I hope is just as good. Otherwise this is a very pleasant foundation. It makes your skin glow, evens out the texture and compliments your color. I would definitely re-buy when I get my oil production under control!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by urbanxt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing that struck me about this foundation and I had a problem dealing with, is it's perfume. It smells sweat and powdery, somewhat typical of Chanel. Perhaps this is meant to appeal to the mature valued Chanel customer. If it's a sales trademark, I would ask Chanel to give it away, as it's not a contemporary smell and takes a little getting used to. It's finish and texture is flawless and when applied you can see where the money went. If you complex about oily skin, this foundation is not for you, as when applied it has a fresh dewy appearance, perfectly refreshing for dry or mature skins. The foundation glides on maybe a little too smoothly because if you want more coverage you have to work at it with it's application. It can be applied for a sheer light coverage that looks flawless. And for a thicker coverage, the liquid can become tacky. It needs to be tapped onto the skin gently with fingers or sponge to melt into wrinkles and pores. The result is fresh moistened and dewy. If you want to take the shine off, wait for the foundation to dry and tap the skin lightly with the tip of a blush brush. I would recommend it for combination oily normal skin as well. It is a smear proof long lasting foundation you can confidently wear all day. It can not be applied on the run and it is not waterproof. Although flawless when applied, it is slightly tacky to the touch. It may look as though you don't where foundation however at times you may become aware that you are wearing foundation. Not a problem for people with dry skin!!! I can imagine it may become a problem for people with active uninhibited lifestyles, in which case Revlon may suit you better. I gave this foundation a 4/5 because there is always room for improvement.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BB tinted moisturiser for as long as i can remember but was convinced a makeup artist to try this to graduate to a foundation. I'm really glad i did. Its really light coverage and looks very dewy and natural on my skin. It gives me a healthy glow. I'm giving it 4 /5 lipsticks. It losing a lipstick due to the average packaging, heavy price tag and the sticky feeling the last viewer describes on her skin.

Edit: I have been wearing this for a month now and i really am not loving it. It makes my skin look oily. The search for the perfect foundation continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

This looked nice for about 15 minutes, but it felt so tacky and doesn't last long.

Not the biggest fan, it looks light but sort of feels heavy on your face, like MAC face and body. It might be good for mature skin, but not for young skin.