April 20, 2014 | 1499 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by LaraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My one and only foundation. This product makes your skin look gorgeous. Coverage is sheer, but buildable. It is a bit yellow, but I have yellow undertones so it is OK for me. It doesn't clog my pores too bad, I try to only wear it once in a while. However my only gripe is that when I do like to wear this out at night, it makes my face super dewey looking, like I have a oily face all night. Gross. For this reason, I may switch to the matte formula, which I hope is just as good. Otherwise this is a very pleasant foundation. It makes your skin glow, evens out the texture and compliments your color. I would definitely re-buy when I get my oil production under control!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by urbanxt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first thing that struck me about this foundation and I had a problem dealing with, is it's perfume. It smells sweat and powdery, somewhat typical of Chanel. Perhaps this is meant to appeal to the mature valued Chanel customer. If it's a sales trademark, I would ask Chanel to give it away, as it's not a contemporary smell and takes a little getting used to. It's finish and texture is flawless and when applied you can see where the money went. If you complex about oily skin, this foundation is not for you, as when applied it has a fresh dewy appearance, perfectly refreshing for dry or mature skins. The foundation glides on maybe a little too smoothly because if you want more coverage you have to work at it with it's application. It can be applied for a sheer light coverage that looks flawless. And for a thicker coverage, the liquid can become tacky. It needs to be tapped onto the skin gently with fingers or sponge to melt into wrinkles and pores. The result is fresh moistened and dewy. If you want to take the shine off, wait for the foundation to dry and tap the skin lightly with the tip of a blush brush. I would recommend it for combination oily normal skin as well. It is a smear proof long lasting foundation you can confidently wear all day. It can not be applied on the run and it is not waterproof. Although flawless when applied, it is slightly tacky to the touch. It may look as though you don't where foundation however at times you may become aware that you are wearing foundation. Not a problem for people with dry skin!!! I can imagine it may become a problem for people with active uninhibited lifestyles, in which case Revlon may suit you better. I gave this foundation a 4/5 because there is always room for improvement.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by eskimojoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BB tinted moisturiser for as long as i can remember but was convinced a makeup artist to try this to graduate to a foundation. I'm really glad i did. Its really light coverage and looks very dewy and natural on my skin. It gives me a healthy glow. I'm giving it 4 /5 lipsticks. It losing a lipstick due to the average packaging, heavy price tag and the sticky feeling the last viewer describes on her skin.

Edit: I have been wearing this for a month now and i really am not loving it. It makes my skin look oily. The search for the perfect foundation continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by lauramvig

This looked nice for about 15 minutes, but it felt so tacky and doesn't last long.

Not the biggest fan, it looks light but sort of feels heavy on your face, like MAC face and body. It might be good for mature skin, but not for young skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

really like this product has very good coverage but leaves a natural glow on your skin instead to a cakey look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product if you are looking for healthy glow and healthy tint for your skin. Doesn't catch on flakes, doesn't make every single one of your skin flakes to stand out, which is a major issue for me. Doesn't intensify the skin creases and wrinkles either. It is certainly medium, not full coverage, but if you go for double application, it will deliver much more dramatic coverage. The price bites, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ARA5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lovely foundation, gives a nice glowing finish. I was worried that it looks a bit oily, but the poweder helps to take some of the shine away.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by annacay

This is definitely an HG foundation.. I tried it in the palest pink shade, Beige Rose pastel, and it kind of blended in seamlessly, like a tinted moisturizer, when I spread it on my face with fingertips. It makes skin look luminously dewey but still holds off shine (for a while). I tried it with a sample of the Chanel Beaute sunscreen moisturizer, which makes an excellent primer. It feels very light. The coverage isn't that great - I'd recommend it to people with slightly dry, dull skin with not very imperfections or blemishes. It runs out soo quickly, though, the bottle will last you two months tops if you use it daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by rnaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After searching high and low for foundations everywhere (most recently mac mineralize which was terrible, MUFE HD foundation which makes me look plastic, and MAC studio fix) after MAC discontinued my HG fd (Hyper real foundation), i finally came across chanel's vitalumiere. I have combination skin and living in a hot hot hot country with a humid climate (specially during the summer), i was quite skeptical to try this out but wanted the dewy look. This fd did everything and more for me! i usually have uneven skin tone but after applying this my skin looks luminous and flawless and photographs so well without making my skin oily! Definitely love this product but i hope it doesnt become less effective on my skin as time goes on.

Cons:
doesnt last throughout my work day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by escapingxreality

I picked this over the Vitalumiere Aqua because I wanted a more dewy finish and because I wanted a little more coverage even though the lady at the Chanel counter told me that Vitalumiere Aqua is better suited for the summer than Vitalumiere is since Vitalumiere Aqua is water based. I'm very surprised at the reviews that said that they felt that Vitalumiere Aqua provided more coverage than Vitalumiere as the lady who worked at the Chanel counter told me that Vitalumiere Aqua was the sheerest and had the lowest amount of coverage out of all the foundations Chanel offers.

I love that the foundation gives me a flawless and very natural look. Everyone says they can't tell that I have any foundation on. It evens out my skin tone and it covers up any redness I may have on my face. Usually, I wouldn't buy such an expensive foundation. However, after trying it on, even my mom (who has never paid more than $10 for makeup) insisted I buy it. It really does look that great.

A lot of people have said that this makes their skin look super oily after several hours of application That being said, I don't think this is really suited for oily skin. I think it would make your skin look even more oily. I have combination skin/skin on the drier side and I have yet to see such effects. Then again, my skin is relatively good. It only needs a little coverage so I may put on a lot less than others would. That may be the reason why I haven't experienced the oily sheen so many others have.

The scent that several people have commented on doesn't bother me. In fact, I can hardly smell it. The only time I do smell it is whenever I'm pumping some of the foundation out of the bottle. However, I can see how it would bother somebody with a sensitive nose.

Like everyone before me has said, it DOES rub off. I've noticed though that after 30 minutes or so, it stops doing that. I'm not sure if that's because the product has settled in or because it's faded away though.

This foundation is not for everyone. I recommend trying it on at the store first and walking around with a few hours on to see how it reacts with your skin and how it holds out on your skin. For me, it's nearly perfect (except for the rubbing off part) but this may not be the case for others.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No