August 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by chicoj12

I bought this at Walmart mostly because they ran out of everything else and I like it it adds volume and separates well and the color is very black.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by CatCarpenter82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara a couple of days ago & have only used it 2x. I have mixed feeings on this mascara. I was using CoverGirls EyeLights for brown eyes. I have been using that for the last 5 years, but I wear contacts and it was always flaking. So I decided to try this one, so far no flakes/clumps have broken off and gone into my eye. THat is a plus, I love how it just washes off when I use my facial cleanser (Clean and Clear). I'm not sure on the eyeliner that comes with it, that does streak. The brush on the mascara is very unique. It touches up the smallest eye last in corner of my eyes. I do have to lean my hand in a bit to get the smaller eyelashes, but not that bad. If you apply it again after the dried first coat it does clump the lashes together and give that spidery look. So if you dont want that look, don't wait for the first coat to dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been testing out a few drugstore brands on the hunt for the best one at the lowest proce (bc I don't think you have to pay a lot for mascara), and this unfortunately came up very short of the mark.

First off, the brush is just weird and very hard to use unless you are ambidextrous. I can do my right eye ok, but the brush is so sharply tapered on the end that you have to really stretch into a pretzel to get the left eye. Then, if you can even get the product onto both lashes, it stays wet FOREVER, and smudges all over the lid. If that wasn't enough to turn you off yet, the final blow is that you can never really separate your lashes even with the best lash comb, and it flakes all over the place when you try so you end up with spidery, flaky, wet lashes for at least 10 minutes until their dry enough to try the comb again.

Definitely don't recommend.

Better choice, and so far the winner in my search, is CoverGirl Professional mascara. Holds the curl, lengthens lashes, lasts a long time even though its not waterproof, flakes only a tiny bit with lots of combing, and doesn't clump but builds nice volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by alliegrace132

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! Cheap yet effective! This, in Blackest Black, is my goto mascara when I don't have the cash to shell out for Lancome's Hypnose Star.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara, and it was 5 bucks at Walmart! For drama, I think MAC is better, but this gives gorgeous, dark separated lashes for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i am absolutely in love with this product, it gives my lashes the perfect amount of length and volume i need and i don't have a problem with clumping with this mascara. the brush applicator is such a unique shape and its great for getting every lash covered with mascara. if you are a person who likes dryer mascaras this product is great for you, but if you like wetter mascaras i would suggest trying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by natalieraylee

I like this product a lot, and with this being my first mascara, there's not much I can go by and I really have nothing to compare this too. But, I know that this makes my eyelashes very dramatic and dark, and also lengthens them quite nicely, but I see other girls' lashes, and I find that this mascara doesn't achieve the fluffy, voluminous, and long lashes that I want. It also clumps my lashes together, which gives a bit of a spider-lash effect I'm not fond of. I love the brush and packaging, and I think it's cute, but I will continue trying other mascaras on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always wanted to like Great Lash, because of its insane popularity and cute pink and green tube, but I always hated it. I wanted to try Baby Lips and Wal Mart had a pack with this mascara in Very Black and a tube of the balm for $5, so I picked it up. Ironically, I ended up disliking the balm and loving this mascara! The brush is perfect for my eye shape and the formula makes my lashes look great! I love this and will be buying again - finally the iconic tube lives in my makeup case!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by monsoon10

Giving this mascara a two is generous, and the only reason I'd ever rebuy it is because i like how dark it is (I have light eyelashes).

The formula itself is goopy, and clumps good portions of the lashes together if you're not really careful. Can make the lower lashes look unattractively spidery in comparison to the top lashes.

The brush is horrific. I actually pulled one of the standard brushes out of an old Great Lash bottle and use that instead, with this particular mascara. The brush is supposed to help you reach all your lashes, but it does exactly the opposite. When you're getting your outer lashes, the pointless little nub at the end mucks up the middle of the row of lashes. When you're trying to get smaller lashes, the bigger part of the brush messes up the rest of them. It's pretty ridiculous.

All in all, I don't like this mascara too much. The formula is bad enough, but the brush is just hell to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by habana

I like to use this mascara when I want a little more drama to my lashes than my everyday look I wear with my regular great lash or great lash big mascaras. I usually don't like the newer plastic bristle brushes, but this mascara makes my lashes look so super long and separated and adds more volume than what my natural lashes look like. This brush really does reach all the little lashes. No it doesn't look like I'm wearing false lashes. No mascara is going to give me that look. If that's what I wanted I would have to buy false lashes. People expect way too much from mascara. This mascara makes MY lashes look amazing. All I expect from a mascara is to improve the look of what I already have. Lots of Lashes does just that. It doesn't clump, smear, flake or irritate my eyes even when wearing contacts. It does everything I expect a mascara to do.