July 29, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by alliegrace132

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! Cheap yet effective! This, in Blackest Black, is my goto mascara when I don't have the cash to shell out for Lancome's Hypnose Star.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara, and it was 5 bucks at Walmart! For drama, I think MAC is better, but this gives gorgeous, dark separated lashes for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by anaheartsmakeup

i am absolutely in love with this product, it gives my lashes the perfect amount of length and volume i need and i don't have a problem with clumping with this mascara. the brush applicator is such a unique shape and its great for getting every lash covered with mascara. if you are a person who likes dryer mascaras this product is great for you, but if you like wetter mascaras i would suggest trying something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by natalieraylee

I like this product a lot, and with this being my first mascara, there's not much I can go by and I really have nothing to compare this too. But, I know that this makes my eyelashes very dramatic and dark, and also lengthens them quite nicely, but I see other girls' lashes, and I find that this mascara doesn't achieve the fluffy, voluminous, and long lashes that I want. It also clumps my lashes together, which gives a bit of a spider-lash effect I'm not fond of. I love the brush and packaging, and I think it's cute, but I will continue trying other mascaras on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have always wanted to like Great Lash, because of its insane popularity and cute pink and green tube, but I always hated it. I wanted to try Baby Lips and Wal Mart had a pack with this mascara in Very Black and a tube of the balm for $5, so I picked it up. Ironically, I ended up disliking the balm and loving this mascara! The brush is perfect for my eye shape and the formula makes my lashes look great! I love this and will be buying again - finally the iconic tube lives in my makeup case!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by monsoon10

Giving this mascara a two is generous, and the only reason I'd ever rebuy it is because i like how dark it is (I have light eyelashes).

The formula itself is goopy, and clumps good portions of the lashes together if you're not really careful. Can make the lower lashes look unattractively spidery in comparison to the top lashes.

The brush is horrific. I actually pulled one of the standard brushes out of an old Great Lash bottle and use that instead, with this particular mascara. The brush is supposed to help you reach all your lashes, but it does exactly the opposite. When you're getting your outer lashes, the pointless little nub at the end mucks up the middle of the row of lashes. When you're trying to get smaller lashes, the bigger part of the brush messes up the rest of them. It's pretty ridiculous.

All in all, I don't like this mascara too much. The formula is bad enough, but the brush is just hell to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by habana

I like to use this mascara when I want a little more drama to my lashes than my everyday look I wear with my regular great lash or great lash big mascaras. I usually don't like the newer plastic bristle brushes, but this mascara makes my lashes look so super long and separated and adds more volume than what my natural lashes look like. This brush really does reach all the little lashes. No it doesn't look like I'm wearing false lashes. No mascara is going to give me that look. If that's what I wanted I would have to buy false lashes. People expect way too much from mascara. This mascara makes MY lashes look amazing. All I expect from a mascara is to improve the look of what I already have. Lots of Lashes does just that. It doesn't clump, smear, flake or irritate my eyes even when wearing contacts. It does everything I expect a mascara to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reeeeeaaaally don't like this mascara. I ended up giving it to my little sister. I have naturally really curly lashes and this formula if just to wet and takes to long to dry. When I blink it gets on my eyeshadow and it is the most annoying thing. It wouldn't be that bad of a mascara if it had a better want. I don't like the cone shape, the big part really seperates, buy the cone part smudges my eye lashes and is just a mess. I would repurchase as soon as a different brush Is included

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- doesn't smudge/flake
- holds curl
- brush is easy to work with

Cons

- lashes look incredibly thin with little length and no volume

Comments: This is like the original formula, just not as wet and with a better brush. I'm glad it doesn't take long to dry and there was no flaking or smudging. It just didn't do anything else for my lashes.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jenaahuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the original great lash- worst mascara EVER; it weighed my lashes down with a gooey/wet formula, took forever to dry and smudged after approx 30 mins. also, the brush was just terrible for my Asian lashes.

I contemplated for a while about getting the GL-LoL but finally gave in after watching emilynoel83's review on it; also it was on sale @shoppers.
surprisingly, maybelline made the LoL mascara a lot more workable; it was still wet but not as wet as the original. if i curled my lashes and 5 being the curliest; after applying this mascara my lashes would go to a 3.5 which is not bad imo.
eventually i got annoyed of the brush because you'd have to flip your wrist to use it on the other eye to achieve the same look. so i switched the brush to maybellines falsies. &what do you know? it worked even better. the curl was a 4/5.