Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 11/11/2012 10:12:00 PM

This isn't my favorite of the hypnose line from lancome - I would go with the star mascara because it will give you the same effect using the one side of the brush - and the benefit of the star is that it can also give you a more volumized look when you want it. That being said, if you're only looking for a mascara to give you a really defined lash - this is the one you are looking for! I like to layer my mascara - putting on two or three coats, and I find you can't do that easily with lancome mascaras - As I've said ad nauseum I think they are far too clumpy, regardless I like this mascara and I think it's a good investment if you are looking for strictly defined lashes.

on 11/2/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I loveddd!!!! This product when i bought it
It was the only mascara that went on thick and gave me the spider web lashes how ever this drys out very quick and is very pricey if you even mind spending $10 for drug store mascara i bought it at the lancome store for $30 and yes it was well worth it in order to get the full affect you do have to apply multiple coats...Definitley reccomend for people that have no lashes and want them noticed

Pros:
-Thick
-Nice Portion
-Nice brush

Cons:
-Drys quick
-Has a smell to it
-Pricey

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this mascara and for those who say this is one of Lancome's weakest products then i gotta try the other mascaras out!

on 11/1/2012 5:23:00 AM

Love this mascara! My mum got it as a gift and since I often have problems with smudging mascara I tried it out. Apparently it contains beeswax which helps it stay on my lashes, and I'm very please with how well it lengthens my lashes while separating them. It doesn't really add any special curves like the brush may lead you to believe, but it's a great quality mascara that holds up pretty well and gives you pretty, long lashes. Removing it is not too difficult either (has it in normal).

Only con is that it doesn't give much volume, but I can live with that considering the length it gives.

on 10/24/2012 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've used many Lancome mascaras and this has to be the most disappointing one. It lengthens fairly much and thickens little to none. No oomph-effect here. You'll also easily get tarantula lashes if you're not careful with the IMO weird conical brush.
The packaging is beautiful although too "curvy" for my taste.
All in all an ok everyday mascara if you're not looking for the false lashes-look.

on 10/24/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Lancome is justifiably famous for their mascaras but for me this misses the mark.

The price was about the same as the other Lancome mascaras...mid $30 range in Canada.
The package is a standard black tube with a thick, bushy brush.
The effect was not as unique as I had hoped. It goes on thick and black and does widen out my lashes. Whether that is a 'doll lash' look is debateable. I already have dark, thick lashes, so perhaps the effect is more noticeable on those with thinner lashes.
The formula is very thick and does goop and clump if I am not VERY careful.
I found that this formula flaked by mid afternoon. This is the first time that has happened to me with a mascara! It is annoying and embarrassing and enough of a reason right there for me not to repurchase. But it continues...
Lancome scents many of their products with their signature rose scent. I don't mind it but it is very noticeable in this mascara. Story: I was on Navy training and put this on in a bathroom in a very scent free environment. Some of the guys walked by the bathroom and commented on my 'perfume'. That's how strong the scent is! I don't particularly mind that, but some might.
I think I will go back to my old standy, Hypnose Drama, and leave the Doll Lashes alone.

on 10/21/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pro:
- seperates the lashes
- gives the long lash effect
- waterproof
- gat packaging

Cons:
- expensive

on 10/18/2012 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not a big mascara person but I wanted to wear some on my wedding day with my fake lashes. So basically a month before my wedding I was trying every mascara brand within reach to find the perfect waterproof mascara. All of them were a fail (Cover Girl, Urban Decay, Dior, etc) because it was summer and the ones I would try either ran from the heat or me crying from watching sad movies. 2 days before my big day I finally decided to try this mascara. I actually didn't test run this cause I didn't have the time. But the day of my wedding as I was walking down the aisle crying my eyes, a miracle happened. I did not have raccoon eyes. So I know if I ever need mascara again. This is going to be my go to.

on 10/17/2012 4:50:00 AM

This is lovely. It makes my lashes long, separate and really pretty... you may even say doll like!! There is one catch, you have to use an eyeleash curler (I have a shu uemera and I heat mine) otherwise my lashes droop. But overall it is gorgeous and you can't feel it during the day.

on 10/15/2012 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is everything I look for in a mascara! It volumizes, separates and extends. My lashes are teeny tiny, so I try to find one that can make me look like I've naturally full lashes without making them overly dramatic.

It's not waterproof, but quite long-lasting, especially with the clis booster.