April 21, 2014 | 1361 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How disappointing. I thought this would be a wonderful addition to my Lancome mascara wardrobe but, sadly, I am not pleased at all with this. I didn't find it to be thickening, as the regular and Drama versions of Hypnose, but I did find it to be annoying in its lengthening properties. I kept looking in the mirror, thinking "Spiderwoman" after applying this in my usual manner. Spindly, spidery, and not terribly flattering. I didn't even finish the tube, which is probably a first for me with a Lancome mascara. There won't be another purchase of this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was sucked into buying this product 100% due to the advertising campaign having felt that it would be a laugh to look like a pretty china doll, if only for a laugh. Once applied the product really achieved this look for me, I thought the look was really sweetly pretty...no OTT glamour or falseness, just really pretty. I found the wand easier to use than other products and it didnt flake or smudge. I love the pretty packaging with the roses on it. It was so expensive, I then didnt have money to buy foundation, only one other product (I bought a Lancome coral/red lipstick. But just the mascara on eyes and bright lipstick, produced a fresh modern look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of the original hypnose, so I decided to give this a shot, and lemme just say that itz currently my #1 mascara! I love the brush, itz cone-shaped (so there's no flat sides) and gets a decent amount of mascara, making it simple to apply, just wipe off the tip. The packaging is adorable too, I like how it has roses all over ;D The formula isn't too dry nor too wet, more in the middle. When I apply, I usually wait til it semi-dries before putting on another layer though. It smells a bit, but it doesn't affect me since u can just spray some perfume. What I gotta love is how it rarely clumps and never smuges! I haven't expierence flaking either, and it can decently hold a curl (my lashes are naturally curled so I'm not sure if u use a curler). I have received nice complements with this mascara, itz a real keeper! If I can't find anything better, I will definitly repurchase :D
Pros
Volumizes
Slightly lenghtens
Separates lashes beautifully
No clumps
No smuges
Easy to take off
Cons
Overpriced
Doesn't thicken a lot

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Djumpers

Lancome makes the best mascara hands down. I have used defincils, hypnose, doll lashes etc. all are excellent products. The doll lashes will not give you the look it does in the ads. Those models are wearing false lashes and add on lashes in photoshop. So keep this in mind when you use the product. If you don't have the lashes, don't expect this mascara to give you those. However, if you have lashes this mascara will give you a dramatic look. I have blonde eye lashes and blue eyes so for me its important to have long black lashes to bring out my eyes. The product can clump, but that is something that all products do over time. For me, the product works best after day 4 of appliction. When new the moisture level is high (new), it won't hold lashes - so I give it air and use different applicators and then its at its best. I curl lashes before hand, apply a light coat, let it dry and use the curler again if needed. You may need to use a comb if you use the curler for a second time - also make sure NOT to clamp down on the curler if you use it a second time. I can get long lashes with this technique and they look just as good as natural length falsh lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I really like the tapered wand and I think the formula is awesome for my somewhat decent lashes. I do think Anome mascara is pricey but, other than definicils, I think they are totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mani1813

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally long lashes, so i really get the doll lashes!However i won't buy this mascara again, very pricey, it was about 26Euro, and id say its not worth it, just something not right for me with this product, or maybe iv read too many mixed rather bad reviews??!!
But im tempted with hypnose star,well im afraid it will be huge disappointment, better to stick with my fav clinique high impact.

Btw the lady at the counter said at the moment doll eyes is the best selling mascara at their counter!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh! Bummer. What happened Lancome? Definicils used to be my favorite, then that just seemed to stop doing it for me.

This didn't give me anything. No volume, no "doll lashes" no length. Just lashes that stuck out straight and were not remarkable. The brush is terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by saraminebowen

I do have long, dark eyelashes (but they're stick straight so I look like that one Sesame Street character-- Snuggalupagus?-- without mascara), so I'm really not that picky about mascaras and usually settle for the free samples that come with other makeup purchases. However, I was intrigued when this product came out. I really like it-- it makes my eyelashes appear thick and voluptuous, and it's the first mascara I've ever gotten compliments on. It also keeps them curled all day. Not sure if I'd agree that they make my eyes look like a doll but that provokes a creepy image in my mind anyway. There are a couple flaws: it DOES clump on the brush, but when applied correctly it won't clump on the lashes. Also, I run out of this stuff pretty quickly, and I don't coat this stuff on by any means. Otherwise, it stays on until you wash it off, and makes my eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jaybird2405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Umph. What a waste... I looked at the brush at Sephora, and thought it could be a great mascara. Wroooooong. Why does it have to clumpy?? I was burned by the original hynose ((what was with that swirly brush?)) I'm not sure why I would try it again, but I did. Never again Lancôme.... Never again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

Brought this at the duty free for 23 pounds, goes on well and makes lashes look long, no clogging. The only drawback is that after a few hours it begins to run as it isn´t waterproof and doesn´t have the same staying power as other Lancome mascaras like Hypnose. I´ll ´probably go back to my all time favorite, Lóreal´s carbon black telescopic mascara which is easier to use and doesn´t run.