August 20, 2014 | 1875 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Rosie125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really like this mascara. It makes them look really weird. It also flakes for me and doesn't hold my curl at all. You would think for a higher end brand it would be a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the WORSE mascaras I have ever purchased, especially at $26...!! It was watery and thin...did absoluetly nothing for my lashes! Hypnose is rather good, so when this new Lancome mascara came out I couldn't wait to try it. So disapointing! Normally, I would just throw it into my bathroom drawer...but at this price it went right back to Sephora...!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by optomostichypocrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am still waiting to be wowed by a Lancome mascara. I was seduced by what looked like a very promising wand but was very disappointed.
First of all, it had the same problem as any other Lancome mascara I have tried and was dried up in a very short time.
I will say it separated lashes nicely and didn't clump quite as badly as the heinous hypnose drama, but any possible good qualities were outweighed by the poker straight lashes it gave me.
I have medium/ long fine lashes that have a decent curl on their own. I rarely use a lash curler because any mascara worth it's salt will boost their natural curl enough. Somehow, Doll Lashes pulled all natural curl out of my lashes, causing them to stick straight out and making them less visible from straight on. Not cool!
Also it felt extremely dry on the lash and dried so stiff that a second coat was out of the question.
The wand had potential but unfortunately the formula just blows. I used mine up by only doing my bottom lashes ($31 is a lot to waste for a student!) until it completely dried up, which was in about 3 weeks.
Don't do it! I'll go back to my trusty Estee Lauder More Than Mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Tuilie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am quite disappointed with this mascara. I'm sure it gives amazing results for someone with naturally long and curled lashes, but for me it hasn't done much. I have quite short and totally straight lashes and must say i get better results with Max Faxtor 2000 calorie.
When i started using this mascara it was too wet to give anything good to my lashes, after some time it dried up a bit and then it became better, but still, not good enough.
It has absolutely gorgeous packaging, i must admit that and if nothing else, it looks very pretty in my make up corner :) It also smells nice, but i'm not sure if that's ok for sensitive eyes as this surely means it contains perfume.
For those who have naturally long lashes and don't mind spending a lot of money on mascara, i'd say go for it cos if you like it, it is worth the money. I have mine for over 4 months now and it doesn't look dried up at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've recently been using this in conjunction with the Cils Booster. My lashes are extremely dense so I hate any sort of added volume. I remember I'd had a sample of Doll Lashes back when I used to use L'Extreme and remembered really loving the brush. I bought it again and on it's own, the mascara is okay, pretty average. But paired with my new Shiseido curler and Lancome Cils Booster XL, it's AMAZING. My eyelashes really do look very pretty. I did a comparison with Hypnose Drama on one eye and Doll Lashes on the other and I much preferred the soft, fluttery look of Doll Lashes.

Honestly, on it's own, I wouldn't repurchase this. But paired with the Cils Booster (and a good curler), it's fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rachelbrieve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I just got done using Hypnose Star, and even though I liked it a lot, it wasn't for me. So I decided to give doll lashes a try. WOW! Within the first use I would blown away by how long, thick, and great my lashes looked. This mascara adds the perfect amount of volume I've been looking for without clumping, or looking like I put too much product on. It also separates lashes nicely and the deep black color is nice. As of now, this is my HQ. I will certainly be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

The mascara was nice but not great. I thought it did a good job keeping the lashes looking separated. Technically, it does what it claims. I guess the doll look isn't for me. I would not buy this mascara once the sample is finished.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spent hours poring over reviews to find just the right mascara (I really didn't want to waste 20 on something lame) and, despite the odd poor review on here, I couldn't resist the idea of "doll eyes". Sadly, this mascara is just as the last reviewer said - no volume, all length. My eyes just look scary. If you want long, thin, spiky, weird spider-lashes then this is for you, but I was hoping for full, heavy, soft-looking lashes. You know, like a a doll's! It seems like this is quite dry and flaky, too - my eyelashes feel really dry and brittle, and after just one application I've noticed little black flakes dotted on my face, which I've never experienced with a mascara before.

This is my first Lancome purchase and I am incredibly disappointed. The cheapo Maybelline range blows this out of the water! I would take it back if I could but I don't think they accept makeup returns...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How disappointing. I thought this would be a wonderful addition to my Lancome mascara wardrobe but, sadly, I am not pleased at all with this. I didn't find it to be thickening, as the regular and Drama versions of Hypnose, but I did find it to be annoying in its lengthening properties. I kept looking in the mirror, thinking "Spiderwoman" after applying this in my usual manner. Spindly, spidery, and not terribly flattering. I didn't even finish the tube, which is probably a first for me with a Lancome mascara. There won't be another purchase of this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was sucked into buying this product 100% due to the advertising campaign having felt that it would be a laugh to look like a pretty china doll, if only for a laugh. Once applied the product really achieved this look for me, I thought the look was really sweetly pretty...no OTT glamour or falseness, just really pretty. I found the wand easier to use than other products and it didnt flake or smudge. I love the pretty packaging with the roses on it. It was so expensive, I then didnt have money to buy foundation, only one other product (I bought a Lancome coral/red lipstick. But just the mascara on eyes and bright lipstick, produced a fresh modern look.