April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is not easy to apply - it tends to make a smudgy mess. The only way I've been able to wear this is by adding some eyeshadow over top of the eyeliner to make it stay put. I'll probably end up throwing this out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love how black this comes on. this didn't retract as easily as other liners, which is a downside. it does glide on like a dream, but i had problems with it smudging on my lower lashline. i wish it stayed put on the bottom. had no problems with this smudging on top. it's good, but i know there are better liners out there. covergirl's liquiline blast actually stays put on the top & bottom. i'll use it up, but i wouldn't buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly think this is one of the best eyeliners that I've always used. I've never cared for eyeliners that much because even though I always wear them, they honestly all looked the same to me. I always experimented with drugstore items because they're cheap and some of them actually work well. I found this while I was buying the creme liner in a pot and the store I was in had all Maybelline items as buy one get one free, so I decided hey, why not? I'd try two new eyeliners and I'd have one free.

The funny fact is I didn't like the creme liner that much. It was too tedious and it took me a long time to get it on because I'm such a perfectionist with my makeup. I used this eyeliner and was amazed at how dark it came out and how pigmented it was. After I curled my eyelashes, I touched up and did my my waterline and I was happy that it looked so much better than the other eyeliners that I had purchased.

For me, it stays on all day. Most of it, anyway. The top line stays perfect how I left it all day even after I worked out or a long day at school. My only complaint is that is never stays on my lash and waterline for the entire day so now I'm trying to find an eyeliner that will do that. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with this product and I'll purchase it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jessi19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner works really well! I use the master black shade and it is very bold.
It does smear after a while but you just have to touch it up. I did find that when I put the eyeliner on the top lid of my eye, it smudged and turned BLUE! I was not very impressed with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lovenothate5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner does work, it stays on long, & glides easily... hardly smudges but the downside is that it made my eyes very watery..I don't know if I just have a reaction to it but i actually like this product only if it didn't make my eyes so watery..won't buy again tho

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

This is hardly creamy and does not glide. Just your average DS eyeliner - not worth the money spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by aprilflower

a great must have for anyone who loves to line their eyes....automatic soo no worries about sharpening....great color payoff...i have it in black...nice staying power...does rub off a bit....but very user friendly product...for on the go...or for easy touch ups thru out the day....good consistency too....may be the best drugstore eyeliner!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jollyholly

I don't usually write reviews but I have to chime in on this one - this is a great product and I've figured out the twist mechanism. You have to LIFT UP the shaft of the pencil (the front part that conceals and contains the rest of the eyeliner). This should create a small gap in the middle of the pencil where the shaft and the body meet. Then, start twisting the pencil but only twist up a SMALL AMOUNT because there's no way to twist back. After that, push down the shaft to revert the pencil back to normal. This secures the pencil and ensures no more product comes out.

Now, the product itself more than makes up for the weird packaging. I use it on both my upper and lower waterline and it doesn't smudge or run at all. I like using Midnight Master (deep intense black) for night looks and Coal Commander (less intense grey) during the day for a more subtle look. The lasting power is great and the application is super smooth. Will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by VampirePrincess320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeliner is the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner. I love using this eyeliner! You can use it on your lash line and on your waterline! It's creamy so it'll glide right on your lash line, and it's super dark and pigmented, so it'll appear very nicely on the waterline. It's also long-lasting as well, and it's also twistable, so you don't have to sharpen it.

It comes in a nice range of colors. They have a black which is called Midnight Master (which is what I use), a brown called Bold Brown, a purple called Vibrant Violet, a blue called Saphire Strength, a gray called Coaled Commander, and a light gray (cement color) called Made of Steel. They cost around $5 at any drugstore, including Walmart and Target. :) I would definitely recommend checking them out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This review is for the shade 'Midnight Master'

I agree with the reviewer below who said that you have to wind it up quite a few times at first to get the product out, and it is not retractable.After my first couple uses when I needed to wind it up some more, I noticed it wasn't coming out that easily - but I held it upside down and tapped the tube a bit and it came out fine.
_____________________________________________________________
It is very dark, smooth and creamy. I swatched it against the back of my hand in the evening, and even after a shower and multiple hand washings - it was still there in the morning! So it is definitely longwearing.
_____________________________________________________________
It applies very easily because of its creamy texture, which I appreciate and is very useful when you are applying liner on top of longwearing/stay in place/thick eyeshadows - a pencil usually cannot accomplish this task without looking too sheer.
_____________________________________________________________
My only issue with this pencil is that it only has the pointed tip once (when it's new). After you use it a few times, it turns into a flat top. Perhaps that's because of how I apply it - but it's a trade off with an automatic pencil since you don't have to sharpen it.
_____________________________________________________________
I haven't used it to create too thick of a line, just a thin-medium one. I haven't tried it on my waterline yet, but I will update when I do.