December 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by dakotac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like dramatic lashes. A lot. And to achieve my ideal lashes I require the use of two mascaras (this should be taken into consideration with this review). I wear Benefit's They're Real mascara over the top of Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Smoky Eyes Mascara. When just at home or going to the supermarket I will usually just wear it by itself and it still does a really good job.

The packaging of this product is super cute. I like the shape of it and also the font on it is really nice. The shiny metallic plastic makes it one of my nicer looking tubes of mascara: it is a lot more visually appealing than other high end mascaras i.e. MAC False Lashes. T The product is actually quite small, something I first noticed when I picked it up at the Benefit counter. I was expecting it to be larger for some reason I guess. he handle of the brush is round and comfortable in the hand. The brush bristles are plastic and spiky (you will not want to get this mascara in the eye). The thing I like most about this brush is that there are bristles right on the tip of the brush. If you dab off the collected product on the end, this makes it easy to perfectly get in the corner of the eye, something that I usually find that I struggle doing without getting mascara smudged over my perfected foundation and recently applied eyeshadow. The brush picks up the perfect amount of product (not too much, not too little). No product collects on the bristles, just at the tip. The consistency of the mascara isn't too wet, nor is it drying. The best way to describe the formula would be gel-like somehow. Worn alone, this mascara doesn't clump and makes your lashes look natural and long. There is some volume to this mascara, but if you want volume over length you should be looking elsewhere because this is not the mascara for that. When I wear this over another mascara, my lashes will look dramatic and clumpy (yesthis is a look I like and wear on almost a daily basis). I have naturally curled lashes but my mother doesn't and uses this product along with an eyelash curler, and has told me that it doesn't aid in holding a curl or even in curling the lashes on their own. The mascara is just black, not a dark blackest black or anything. Its barely darker than my natural eyelash colour. If you have pale lashes you would definitely like this product as it is a natural black colour. Lasting power is quite decent, it doesn't flake even when I sleep with it on (I know, I know, sleeping with my makeup on is bad for me/my skin/etc but you know what they say about bad habits). I paid AUD $38 for this at the Benefit counter at department store Myer. For some people this might be considered too expensive but if you think about it, its less than the price of two Revlon mascaras. I would definitely buy this product again, I think it has become a staple in my makeup bag and I don't think I could do my makeup without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This didn't really live up to the hype. Not a bad mascara but there are loads of better ones for less money. Product is quite clumpy and hard to remove. I also noticed seems to make my lashes a bit thinner and in worse condition. I was bought this as a present so i'm reluctant to stop using it since I hate wasting things, but I wouldn't go buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

I thought this was okay until I tried Urban Decay's Perversion mascara, which kicks BeneFit's butt! This is not bad, but does tend to clump on me a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by bridgetcowles

I've previously said that the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara was my holy grail but I take that back.

I was given a small sample of this product when I purchased some other items from Benefit and I fell in love instantly.

This mascara does exactly what it says it's supposed to do and works really well on my lashes as they are already naturally long and thick.

The only downfall of this product is it's price (NZ $43) and it's availability (there's only one Benefit counter in NZ) so I have to buy it online and pay for shipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by kris11842

The best mascara I have tried so far, I purchased mine on this app on my phone, I wanted to try it first before getting one from Sephora so I bought it used, it is REALLY good and everything as described. This is great. Will definitely buy again. Makes lashes appear longer and adds length and volume. Awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by generouscat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't like this mascara. You'd think that with all the hype this mascara would be the one mascara that will change my life. No. This mascara makes my lashes clumpy and droopy and everything I don't expect coming from this product. I was told to apply it on clean lashes. And boy did I clean mine like I've never cleaned my lashes before. Pretty sure I've scrubbed half of my lashes. And it still didn't work. Now I know there's no such thing as perfect mascara that caters to everyone's needs, but with a price that goes that much I'm pretty sure I can demand a lot more. Good thing I decided to get the sampler size first. Sigh.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by triplejjj

love this mascara ! it doesn't clump up your lashes, very easy to work with, finishes with a very natural look. so probably not ideal for those that want a dramatic lashes finished look. Although I feel like it works better when the tube is almost running out, because the less the better, the more natural etc.
i love benefit packaging. can't remember the price for this but im pretty sure its on the pricey side, but defs worth it ! defs repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Wizkid12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is super! The small brush is meant for length, meaning you would need another mascara for thickness (assuming that's what you want, if not disregard the second mascara) it really makes your lashes longer, and since no mascara really makes lashes longer and thicker, I use Size Queen from too faced. I've found that two work the best. As the small tip equals longer, the thicker tip equals more fullness. But altogether it's an amazing product, this is my third purchase of it. As for application I usually coat twice, and I start at the base wiggling the brush upwards towards my tips and then for the second coat I only focus on the tips and a little further down the tips.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by catwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Didn't like this at all. Makes my lashes flat, mixture is really clumpy and doesn't last very long. I love benefit but I feel like I've wasted my money with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jmad122

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this mascara for The first day or so. Then, I developed itchy eyes. It became a horrible allergic reaction. I don't have sensitive eyes, so I'm not sure what the ingredient is, but it was awful!