April 19, 2014 | 1025 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of They're Real from ULTA for free. Thanks, friends! At first, I used it as my daily mascara. Didn't love it. Here's why:

1. Really wet, messy application. Probably not as much for people with a steady hand.
2. Very thick, borderline clumpy.

I love natural-looking eyelashes, so I thought this product and I were not meant for each other.

Then I started using it only on the eyelashes at the outer corner of my eye. Entirely different story. Using this mascara paired with a more natural mascara on the rest of my eye gave me a doll-like appearance. It was just enough wow for me.

Granted, coating four eyelashes isn't worth an entire tube of this mascara. But if you're going for a dramatic and not-too-realistic eye, go for it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a bit of a mascara junkie and mostly only ever use drugstore mascaras. I usually have about 3 I'm using at once to try them out in search of the best mascara for me. I heard about how amazing the Benefit mascara was and decided to finally give in and try it. Unfortunately, I am another one of those people this mascara does not work for.

I have short, light, straight lashes that usually don't cooperate with a lot of mascaras. I look for something that gives me a little volume at the base of my lashes and keeps the curl so my lashes are noticeable against my eye makeup. The Benefit mascara took the curl right out of my lashes and they stuck straight out again. My lashes felt heavy and the formula was super wet on my lashes taking forever to dry and transferring all over my eye area. I gave this mascara a good 2 months, hoping that maybe the tube was just new and it would "break in" a little but that wasn't the case at all.

I would like to point out that I have seen this mascara work for people who have long, naturally curled lashes. I thought my friend was wearing falsies (and I can pick the out a mile away) in a photo she posted on Instagram and that is what made me give in and try the mascara for myself. So if you have long lashes you still may want to give this a shot. If you have short straight lashes like mine I think its probably a good idea to not waste your money (and probably try the L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes mascara which actually worked for me).

I do like the packing - it is super sleek and the wand is great with the extra option on the end for your bottom lashes. It is super expensive, when I can find mascaras in the drugstore that do the job for me for $10 a tube! For a product you are only going to use for 3 months, it is not worth the money in my opinion (if you have lashes like mine).

I won't be purchasing this again, and I'm probably turned off high end mascaras for a long time. If you would like to see my comparison blog post with this product and the L'Oreal mascara, please visit my blog (link in my profile).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Hydroneta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not something extraordinary for all this hype about it. Expensive, very difficult to remove even with an oil based remover and the brush is so plastic-hard that you have to be really carefull not to hurt your lid, something not so easy when you are in a hurry for you work early in the morning :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my "go to" mascara! I have used MAC zoomlash for years, then when I tried this first as a sample, I said Oh yes, I need you in my life, so low and behold, I restock every other month on this, the applicator is the bomb and makes my lashes look like falsies~

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by amoyer2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to mascara for a year now. I love this stuff. Others note it is hard to remove. I agree that it is a little more effort to remove it, but it performs so excellent that this is only a minor con for me. My eyelashes look amazing when I wear this. It seperates and gets the tiny lashes in the corners of my eyes wonderfully. It also takes away the need to curl my lashes before hand. So dark and amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Gladetine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You get long thick spiderlashes, but i don't Like that look, it seems TOO unnatural, so i wouldn't buy it again. I Like to build my lashes up, first one for lengthening and Then one for thickening.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Simply put, this mascara is just horrible. I'm pretty shocked because I actually had high expectations for it. Everyone compares Maybelline's The Rocket to this, which I didn't really care for either, but it *is* at least better than They're Real. This did nothing for my lashes at all. It clumped like crazy and made them droop, and I have a slight natural curl to begin with. While I don't mind a dry formula, this was WAY too dry for me... like time-to-throw-it-out dry. The real kicker was that it killed my lashes. I had to go over my eyes with coconut oil at least three times until it was fully removed, and many of my lashes were torn out afterwards. If I could give this a zero, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Pros: for my lakes this mascara delivers what I want, length, volume, drama and super dark color. The brush is unique and there is a lot of room for me to get exactly the look I want in just a few minutes. The price is what I expect for mascara, and a tube lasts a while.

Cons: ladies with shaky hands or super sensitive eris, do not buy! The brush is basically a weapon, spiky and sharp. It will hurt if you hit your eye. Also this is a mascara that takes FOREVER to get off, it never seems to totally be gone. And finally the smudging is pretty bad, I have longer lathes so this is often a problem for me, so if that's something that you concern yourself with it may be an issue.

Bottom line. .. yes I'll keep buying this, I like having one in my rotation, and the ball brush thingie is awesome to use to style lashes, even on top of other mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by emskas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It leaves black smudges on my brow bone. You need a million layers for it to look really dark and full. I don't like it at all

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

I find this to be a natural looking mascara. I do not get the look that the mascara claims: huge, false looking lashes. I find the mascara to be too wet. I don't like the brush-it does not grab all of my lashes. As a result, I look to have fewer lashes. I try to comb it out but it's very difficult to do with this formula. I was disappointed with this mascara.