Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 7/24/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin and used to use Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash - Redness Soothing (green) 2x/day, but it became too harsh for me (maybe at 32 my skin is becoming more fragile? Or could be the other acne products i use . . .). I tried this Aveeno product b/c I wanted something geared toward acne/oily skin, but gentler than my Neutrogena - something I could use in the AM while continuing to use Neutrogena in the PM. I like that the active ingredient is 0.5% salicylic acid, whereas Neutrogena contains 2.0%. The Aveeno product feels like it cleans my skin thoroughly, yet gently - it still feels soft, not stripped. I've been using it for about two months, and I plan to continue. However, I do feel like I need the stronger formulation of the Neutrogena product 1x/day to help keep breakouts at bay.

on 7/23/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this many years ago when I was in my teens. It was too fragranced, drying, ineffective, and left a sticky feeling on my face. There are way better cleansers out there for acne-prone skin.

on 7/23/2011 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Way too expensive and instead of improving my skin it only broke me out more.

on 7/22/2011 11:32:00 PM

this cleanser was very good in terms of:
-removing makeup
-gentle around eyes
-removing dirt and oil
-gentle foam texture which i liked
however it didn't do too much for breakouts:
-didn't clear or reduce breakouts significantly

overall, a good cleanser for dry or sensitive skin, but not an acne cleanser.

on 7/12/2011 3:31:00 AM

I normally can't use drugstore cleansers because they always make me break out really bad. I've been searching for a basic cheap cleanser to get the oil off of my face, and I love Aveeno's body lotion so I decided to try their face washes, and sure enough, it didn't break me out, this bottle lasted me almost a whole year!

My friend tried it and she did get a dry spot but she doesn't have oily skin like I do. SO, maybe this works better for oily skin types? I however really liked it, it didn't leave my skin feeling tight, just clean and fresh. It also does a great job at taking off makeup.

on 7/11/2011 1:04:00 AM

My cousin bought me this cleanser to help out my acne prone skin, and so i thought that this might help a bit to reduce the redness of my skin. Anyway i used it for a day or two and it made my skin irritated and more of my acne came out. It became really itchy and sore after a while so i stopped watching it, for my own opinion its a no no to my skin and i wouldn't try it out again.

on 7/1/2011 6:51:00 PM

Well, Aveeno products are great for what they do, which is soften and subtly brighten the skin with the soy extracts. Fine, but I'm not holding my breath for the results. This is a basic cleanser with not enough Sal. Acid to really penetrate, imo. I do apply it in the shower sometimes and treat it as a masque while I shower. When it gets to the tingle stage, I rinse it off. It does soften the skin and clears away dirt and oil. I would imagine a pre-teen or teen would get a better results with this than someone with older skin. The packagin keeps it sanitary and dispenses without clogging etc. I use about 2-3 pumps and apply it to my throat and décolleté as well.

on 6/30/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this facial cleanser. I get super oily skin in the spring and summer months and so far this is really helping my skin out. Using this 2x a day in the am and pm has really controlled the oilyness a lot! Another plus too is that I have not had any breakouts in months while using this. This is a keeper in the spring and summer months for me!

on 6/18/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm quite surprised that I see quite a few bad reviews...but then again that will happen if one does not use a product long enough. It is usually suggested that you should try a product for at least 3-4 weeks before claiming it does not function what so ever. This product yes originally gave me some acne, which is troublesome for a person who does not normally have break outs all that often. But then thinking about it, this product was getting everything out of my pores. After 2 and a half to 3 weeks, my skin was completely clear.

Having super dry and acne prone skin makes it extremely difficult to find a cleaner. Everything would make my skin so tight it would hurt, which made matters even worse. But things that tend to be for dry skin, don't work for acne sufferers, so it was quite a conundrum. This is one of the first I have come across that does not strip my skin of the moisture, but still keeps the acne at bay.

Its been over a year later, and my skin is still completely blemish free. I'm also surprised how long the bottles have lasted, the pump dispenses the perfect amount. I think it has lasted a good 3-4 months with 2 times daily usage. If you have a bad pump, know that it is a malfunction, I had one bottle like that and it drove me completely bonkers.

I tried almost everything before I got to this cleanser, from Fresh, Philosophy, Clinique, Shisheido, Neutrogena and beyond, this is by far the best for my skin.

on 6/16/2011 12:59:00 AM

This cleanser is horrible! I bought it about 2 weeks ago because I wanted to try something different. Aveeno products usually work well for me, but this product unfortunately was horrible. I feel like it caused a lot of white heads, especially around my nose... And it's supposed to prevent acne, this product made me break out like crazy. I have small acne on my chin and I also have a a few larger ones on my forehead (which I didn't have before). I can't believe it was this horrible.