October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I was very pleased that this was a foaming cleanser (since I have combination-oily skin). The biggest complaint I have is that it only lasted me for about 1-2 months. I'm not really sure why .... maybe because it's foam? But everytime I used it, I had to use 3 pumps for it to actually feel like I was putting something on my face. Anything less than that, It felt like I was just rubbing water on my face. So for a cleanser to last for about 1-2 in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous.
But other than that, I felt like it did prevent break outs but it took a long time for it to actually clear it up beforehand. But once my face was doing better and didn't have much acne, I must admit this did a good job at preventing any future breakouts. Since it only contains .5% salicylic acid, I feel like this is a super gentle cleanser, which is good because then I'm giving my face a break from harsh chemicals from other acne treating cleansers. This cleanser did not over dry my skin and after cleansing, my skin felt soft and very clean.
I would probably repurchase this in the future when my skin is doing well and is clear just for a gentle cleanser. However, if I was trying to clear my skin of breakouts, I probably won't repurchase this particular cleanser to do the job. I do feel like this is good for people with oily and/or sensitive skin. Overall, I am pleased with this cleanser and would repurchase this depending on the condition of my skin at the moment. Also, I wish the formula was a bit more soap-ier, if that makes any sense (so I wouldn't have to use 3 pumps each time)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by GoMelissa12

This product was awful to my face! It made it so dry. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I used to use this years ago when I was having problems with adult acne. Thankfully my skin is pretty clear now but when I used this product I was very happy with it. My 17-year-old son now uses this cleanser and really likes it. It is the only cleanser he will use. It clears his small amounts of breakouts very nicely when used along with Stridex pads. I would recommend this to anyone with acne because it works without drying the skin. Will repurchase this for my son again and again, until he moves out!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:08:00 AM More reviews by zozofosho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this product because I wanted a face wash that would control acne (more as a prevention technique). I liked the foam, and I felt like it was cleaning my face. It seemed to remove most of my makeup, but not all.
The biggest issue I have with this product is about a week into using it I broke out all over. I didn't realize it was the wash so I kept using it for about another 3 weeks and my face was not looking any better. I could literally see the clogged pores that were showing up. I haden't had acne this bad in years.
I've since switched cleaners, and my face is looking better. I also noticed that it has a very small amount of salicylic acid compared to normal acne cleaners (.5 % compared to 2%) The higher percentage is a little more drying, but it is very worth the clear skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by anthony1891

So I used pro activ and skrewed my skin up because I dont have acne or even pimples too much. But proactiv made me get slight acne and so I started changing my routine and lines and finally tried this. This literally cleared my skin up relatively fast. I love the smell and the foam made it smooth over my skin really really well. The packaging was great at first but as I got to the end of the bottle it got hard to use and annoying and once my skin was all cleared up I started to get dry skin. So I had to change again but I havent had acne or many pimples since I changed to this so thank you aveeno! I buy it again every once in a while like when Im in a different climate because my skin will react to climate change. Moisturizer is too thick and greasy for me though. I prefer Garnier Nutritioniste Overnight cream as my daily moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

I have been using this for almost a year now. I have very sensitive skin, and most of the blemish-fighting cleansers I've tried have just been way to harsh for my skin. This is a really great chemical balance for me. It keeps my skin clear without over-drying or over-moisturizing and it doesn't really have a fragrance which is great for me. I have tried both this and the clear complexion cream cleanser, and I can tell you that, for me- there is a substantial difference in the way my skin reacts, even though they're both from the same line. The cream cleanser has 2% salicylic acid, while the foam cleanser only has .5%. You'd think the cream would do a better job of fighting blemishes, but that's not the case for me. Don't know why, but the foam just works much better.
I used Cliniques acne line for a long time before trying this, and I like this tons better. Way cheaper, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ummm ouch is all I can say, after two uses my skin is covered in scaly soreness and is really red, my chin is actually burning and stinging. Very, very drying and not something that works especially well with topical acne treatments unless you have very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by spookycupcake

Doesn't cleanse as well as other products. Doesn't help a whole lot with breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product. I use it daily on my face because it is gentle on my sensitive skin and sometimes helps clear away my acne from its cleansing. Since it tends to dry my skin, I use moisturizer on my cheeks afterwards (thats the only place I can really use any moisturizer) and then that way my T-Zone is dried out for the acne to go away while the rest of my face is still being cleaned and is soft afterwards. I'd probably buy this product again if I couldnt find anything better in the future. The packaging is good, I like the pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by chehce

This product has totally ruined my face: it has rendered my face extremely dry, sore irritated. I believe its the acid content plus all the other negative ingredients contained that has dont this. However, my face never felt dry whilst I was washing it but after a week of using it my face totally rebelled against it.