April 17, 2014 | 1686 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm absolutely amazed by the quality of this foundation for the price. I had read a lot of good reviews and saw that it was recommended by Lisa Eldridge so I thought I would give it a try. I've always used Chanel foundations and had read that this was comparable and I must say that this is extremely similar to my beloved Chanel Perfection Lumiere except that it is £26 cheaper! The shade selection is limited and the shades are very yellow-based. This is perfect for my cool-toned skin and evens out any redness. However, I can see this being a problem if you are warm-toned and I would definitely recommend trying before you buy if you have pink undertones. I would describe this as a medium coverage foundation. The texture is light and velvety and this foundation spreads easily and evenly using a foundation brush. I was a little hesitant when trying this foundation as it seems to be targeted towards dryer skin types but it does not leave my sensitive-combo skin shiny. I dust a little of Clinique's Blended Face Powder in Invisible Blend over the top and I am good to go all day. I'm not sure about Bourjois' claims that it will wear for 16 hours but it does stay put providing that I set it. I was concerned that the fragrance in this product would irritate my sensitive skin but I have had no trouble. The only real negative I can think of is that it doesn't have SPF so it is essential to use a day cream with a decent SPF underneath. I will be purchasing this foundation again because it leaves my skin looking radiant and even-toned and is extremely reasonably priced - £9.99 in the UK. It just goes to show that a high price does not always equate to high quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by stls

I have been using the regular Healthy Mix previously and since I ran out decided to switch to the serum version for spring. I'm not that trilled.

I like the packaging, the texture, the scent and the pricetag. I use no 51 and this one is a bit less warm than the original. It does look natural and has a satiny finish. Didn't break me out.

The negative part is that it covers only slightly better than a regular tinted moisturizer. I haven't got much to conceal but it doesn't even out the redness around my nose that good. Lasting power is average. Not really oil controling.

Overall, if you want just slight coverage and a natural look get it. But I still have to use powder foundation over it to look polished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This really reminds me of the Fit Me foundation as it's definitely not matte, on me slightly matte, so not ideal for oily skinned ladies and it's quite sheer so if you need medium to full coverage, avoid. I find it's best applied very lightly with a brush, And it definitely needs primer under it and powder on top to avoid it disappearing. The shade 53 is perfect for NC25-30, my winter colour. Now my PITA skin looks heaps better (for how long, I don't know!) and bb cream is overkill, I'm digging out all my foundation rejects from the previous year and they now look much better. BTW this line is brilliant for those with neutral to yellow tones, not so much pinkies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I bought it on a whim because the color seemed to match my skin perfectly in the store. After using it regularly for the past two months, I can safely say that I love it. The color is perfect, which is the first time that's ever happened to me. The serum-y, gel consistency makes it a dream to apply. It glides onto my skin and blends easily. I have found that the best way to apply it is with my fingertips, it doesn't look the same when applied with a brush or sponge. I think this is a light-medium cover that can be built up without looking cakey. It evens out my skin tone beautifully but doesn't cover up any breakouts or my undereye circles, which is probably the biggest downfall for me. The lasting power isn't stellar, but I have found that I can wear it for about 6-8 hours before it starts to fade. The fragrance is a little overwhelming, sort of like a mixture of makeup smell and something fruity. Overall, this is my favorite foundation that I've tried, and I know I'll be repurchasing it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read all the rave reviews and decided to go with this the next time I ran out of foundation. But I don't like it! I'm willing it away so I can get a new foundation. It doesn't last on my combination skin - even with UD primer and Chanel translucent powder to set. It takes aaages to get it to cover the red undertone on my nose, layers and layers. For reference my nose is not that red, I just have a warm undertone. Basically at the end of the day when I go to take my makeup off it's not really even there anymore and my Rudolf the reindeer nose is out for all the world to see. I was going for a natural look, but not THAT natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I'm shade 51 and it matches perfectly! It has a nice fruity smell that isn't too overpowering.

It blends out beautifully, and gives me a medium to full even coverage.
I always reaching for this one (even over my more high priced products)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by pioson1v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotten shade 53, before applying this on, I would put on moisturiser since I have fairly dry skin. Upon application, I would use my hands, because when I use a brush, it makes it look streaky.

When building up from a light coverage, it DOES build up. From afar, it looks fine and makes your skin look absolutely GREAT, BUT if you stand close to the mirror (or someone), it looks unnatural and fairly cakey. With moisturiser on, it only clings to some dry areas.

Feels as if you're not wearing makeup and feels smooth (makes me always want to touch your face) however it doesn't last "16 hours", I'd say around 4 hours with a translucent powder and primer underneath.

I love the package, having a pump is great. As for the colour, since I get lighter in Winter, I mix it with Bourjois' 10 hour sleep (71) which gives an even better effect. There's a smell but it doesn't irritate or bother me. I'd say that it's expensive for a "drugstore" product. Great product, but I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLonely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my skin tone. It's also the only foundation I've tried that goes on nicely. I wear the lightest shade - 51 Light Vanilla - which is a very light colour with a yellow undertone. The foundation is cheap, sits beautifully on my combination skin, looks completely natural and lasts all day with Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder on top. The only downside with the foundation is that it has a strong fragrance which could potentially be a skin-irritant. Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Serum is a great foundation that I'd highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this out of sheer curiosity and reading the reviews on here. I've used the healthy mix foundation and think I might prefer that more.

This one is much sheerer and could on the wrong type of skin bring out the shine, so I do need to take care to powder my T zone. Still, it's very natural and translucent and great for creating a natural and effortless look.

The staying power is another thing, though and I've found it to be quite poor, but other than that, it's not a bad product, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by felicitylw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Worth the price.
- Buildable.
- Gives you a healthy glow: very natural-looking.
- Looks good in photos.
- Can be blended easily with other foundations.
- Packaging looks/feels like glass but is actually plastic: won't break no matter how many times you accidentally drop it!
- Can be applied with a brush, beauty blender or your fingers and will always give a flawless effect.
- Minimal to no transfer when it comes into contact with stuff.
- Lovely and very subtle smell that soon disappears.
- Doesn't break me out.
- Feels moisturising yet light.
- Easy to scrub off in the shower.
- Doesn't oxidise significantly (does a tiny bit, but it also 'settles into' the skin nicely and matches my skin tone more closely upon oxidisation).
- Lasts fairly well.
- A bottle will go quite far.

Cons:
- A little too dewy to handle my T-zone (I have combination skin) in summer or on particularly hot/humid days.
- Makes me look a bit ghostly directly after application, but this is resolved after it oxidises a little.

This is my autumn/winter HG foundation. I've been using this for just over a year and I still love it. A little too light for my summer skintone and a little too dewy to handle humidity/sweat/oil to be my spring/summer HG foundation.

I'm around an NC-35 and I use this foundation in 53-Beige Clair.