Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 7/16/2004 12:11:00 PM

I really love this scent. It's very fresh and subtle. However, it simply does not last for more than an hour - and I even layer it with the Ginger body gloss. I'd say buy the intensified version instead.

on 6/23/2004 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Too spicy and bothered my skin. Will swap this one.

on 6/19/2004 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very light fragrance, and so I go through the bottle quickly compared to other scents. But it's pleasant and light, refreshing citrus and warm ginger, and smells great layered with the body souffle (I like this better than the balm, or lotion in the bottle). Love this in the summer time, and have repurchased twice. Not a breakthrough in fragrances, but a very nice one indeed.

on 5/26/2004 11:02:00 AM

Ive had a pretty strange relationship with this fragance. Loved it when tried it at the store and bought a bottle. Then back home found it a bit overpowering and abandoned it. Have rediscovered it recently and its growing on me. Very unusual, spicy and fresh, quite sexy. I enjoy this more during spring/summer.

on 5/12/2004 5:54:00 PM

I love the sweet spiciness and used to wear this all the time, but once Origins introduced a perfume version of GloomAway (yummy grapefruit!), I've been hooked on that.

This is a fabulous scent! I was skeptical at first but now I can't get enough of it. Not really sweet and not really a kitchen smell, but oh so, delicious! Love it!

on 3/29/2004 9:32:00 AM

Fresh, gingerale/lemonade scent. Not as ginger-y as I hoped it might be, on the other hand, I'm a sucker for citrus scents, so I love it anyway. I would wear this to work in the summer. It's uplifting, light and fizzy. UPDATE: I bought a bottle of this and I love it more and more as I wear it.... I'm really diggin' this!!! So summery and refreshing. I'll be wearing it a lot!!!!

on 3/21/2004 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another one of my favorite scents, I love the smell of ginger. It's especially nice to wear in the summer, it's very refreshing on a hot day. I don't find this scent over powering at all and it lasts all day on me.

on 3/10/2004 11:25:00 AM

I really wanted to love this but *sigh* I don't. I thought that it would smell like the body lotion (with lots of citrusy undertones) but it only does for about 5 minutes, then it changes on me. After a while it started to smell a bit like gingery sunscreen if that makes any sense. Lasting power is pretty poor, so I won't be repurchasing. Sadly, afte I purchased this of course, I found that The Thymes Ginger Milk cologne smells like the Origins lotion, so I'll be buying that one as soon as this is used up!

on 2/28/2004 11:28:00 PM

Like the scent but I have the regular version and like the others have said the scent DOES NOT last !!!! After an hour or so this doesnt even smell on me. If I ever buy this again I will get the intensified version for sure....

Popular Fragrances