September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ballarat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iīve had a pretty strange relationship with this fragance. Loved it when tried it at the store and bought a bottle. Then back home found it a bit overpowering and abandoned it. Have rediscovered it recently and itīs growing on me. Very unusual, spicy and fresh, quite sexy. I enjoy this more during spring/summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jaberwocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the sweet spiciness and used to wear this all the time, but once Origins introduced a perfume version of GloomAway (yummy grapefruit!), I've been hooked on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beccabrowneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous scent! I was skeptical at first but now I can't get enough of it. Not really sweet and not really a kitchen smell, but oh so, delicious! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fresh, gingerale/lemonade scent. Not as ginger-y as I hoped it might be, on the other hand, I'm a sucker for citrus scents, so I love it anyway. I would wear this to work in the summer. It's uplifting, light and fizzy. UPDATE: I bought a bottle of this and I love it more and more as I wear it.... I'm really diggin' this!!! So summery and refreshing. I'll be wearing it a lot!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another one of my favorite scents, I love the smell of ginger. It's especially nice to wear in the summer, it's very refreshing on a hot day. I don't find this scent over powering at all and it lasts all day on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by pook555

I really wanted to love this but *sigh* I don't. I thought that it would smell like the body lotion (with lots of citrusy undertones) but it only does for about 5 minutes, then it changes on me. After a while it started to smell a bit like gingery sunscreen if that makes any sense. Lasting power is pretty poor, so I won't be repurchasing. Sadly, afte I purchased this of course, I found that The Thymes Ginger Milk cologne smells like the Origins lotion, so I'll be buying that one as soon as this is used up!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sunniflowers

Like the scent but I have the regular version and like the others have said the scent DOES NOT last !!!! After an hour or so this doesnt even smell on me. If I ever buy this again I will get the intensified version for sure....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 3:17:00 PM More reviews by terir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday fragrance. I love it - not overpowering, but very pretty. I only use the Intensified version, as the regular one doesn't last very long at all. This is my HG fragrance...not cheap, but not so expensive that i would hesitate to wear it when i am just hanging around the house :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by honeylocs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This reminds me a bit of Demeter's Gingerale. It's pretty, soft, and sparkly! I love the idea of the ginger jar shape, too -- too cute! I got it on eBay, so it didn't cost too much. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 5:27:00 AM More reviews by pandazoo

i've only tested in-store, but me and my friend instantly fell for this refreshing fragrance. it's not so gingery, it's got some citrus-fruity note that embraces the spicy kick of ginger. this is one of those kinds that i could wear this almost for any occation. it won't take over one's personality like some perfumes do. very subtle but firm. i want to get this for this coming spring!