December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Oleander

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very light fragrance, and so I go through the bottle quickly compared to other scents. But it's pleasant and light, refreshing citrus and warm ginger, and smells great layered with the body souffle (I like this better than the balm, or lotion in the bottle). Love this in the summer time, and have repurchased twice. Not a breakthrough in fragrances, but a very nice one indeed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ballarat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iīve had a pretty strange relationship with this fragance. Loved it when tried it at the store and bought a bottle. Then back home found it a bit overpowering and abandoned it. Have rediscovered it recently and itīs growing on me. Very unusual, spicy and fresh, quite sexy. I enjoy this more during spring/summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2004 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Jaberwocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the sweet spiciness and used to wear this all the time, but once Origins introduced a perfume version of GloomAway (yummy grapefruit!), I've been hooked on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beccabrowneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous scent! I was skeptical at first but now I can't get enough of it. Not really sweet and not really a kitchen smell, but oh so, delicious! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fresh, gingerale/lemonade scent. Not as ginger-y as I hoped it might be, on the other hand, I'm a sucker for citrus scents, so I love it anyway. I would wear this to work in the summer. It's uplifting, light and fizzy. UPDATE: I bought a bottle of this and I love it more and more as I wear it.... I'm really diggin' this!!! So summery and refreshing. I'll be wearing it a lot!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by glamourcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another one of my favorite scents, I love the smell of ginger. It's especially nice to wear in the summer, it's very refreshing on a hot day. I don't find this scent over powering at all and it lasts all day on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by pook555

I really wanted to love this but *sigh* I don't. I thought that it would smell like the body lotion (with lots of citrusy undertones) but it only does for about 5 minutes, then it changes on me. After a while it started to smell a bit like gingery sunscreen if that makes any sense. Lasting power is pretty poor, so I won't be repurchasing. Sadly, afte I purchased this of course, I found that The Thymes Ginger Milk cologne smells like the Origins lotion, so I'll be buying that one as soon as this is used up!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Sunniflowers

Like the scent but I have the regular version and like the others have said the scent DOES NOT last !!!! After an hour or so this doesnt even smell on me. If I ever buy this again I will get the intensified version for sure....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 3:17:00 PM More reviews by terir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday fragrance. I love it - not overpowering, but very pretty. I only use the Intensified version, as the regular one doesn't last very long at all. This is my HG fragrance...not cheap, but not so expensive that i would hesitate to wear it when i am just hanging around the house :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by honeylocs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This reminds me a bit of Demeter's Gingerale. It's pretty, soft, and sparkly! I love the idea of the ginger jar shape, too -- too cute! I got it on eBay, so it didn't cost too much. I would buy again.