Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

This is a good lip product if you want a hint of color without completely drying out your lips.

Pros:

-Good color payoff
-Good price
-Awesome smell (except for the Dr. Rescue line.)
-Cute packaging
-Moisturizing

Cons:

-Have to keep re-applying throughout the day to keep the color.

on 8/13/2014 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Cute packaging and very nice colour pay off. Great for everyday, and easy to use. I like the tint it leaves, but these are definitely not moisturizing.

I like the scents, packaging and colours but i don't find these moisturising IMO, it's a lip balm so it's meant to moisturise my lips right? Well for 2.99 i was kinda disappointed tbh because i've use much more moisturising lip balms that were much cheaper.

I have many colors/flavors of Baby Lips lip balm, and they're almost like Lip Smackers for grown-ups. Inexpensive, fun, smell good, and have a sheer wash of color.

My newest addition is a sparkly Baby Lips Crystal, and I really like it. It's not crazy glitter so it's definitely adult-appropriate, but it's fun.

I give it 4 stars because it's not exactly a save-your-lips-in-the-middle-of-winter type product, but it's not really meant to be, I don't think. It's moisturizing enough.. and the packaging is cute.

on 8/10/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

They are very cute an smell nice, I have the the pink one with yellow writing which is tropical punch! I absoloutly LOVE the smell! But as others have said already, as it wears off it does make your lips even drier than they were before which is a problem!

I have three of these balms, and I have to admit that I love them, especially the clear one. I'm not a lipstick girl, because I personally feel since I'm 24 that I haven't reached an age which is appropriate to wear lipstick. :) that's just my personal preference, silly as it may sound to some. So I love this balm, the effectiveness of it, low price for good quality, and a sheer pop of color that looks youthful and fun. It's easily attained at any drugstore, so for a small town girl like me, no special trips to the city for a makeup counter or Sephora/Ulta. I don't feel right splurging on lip products, since many cheap products aren't of cheap quality, and do the job of a prestige brand. I like to keep my big expenses for foundation, bronzer, powder etc. since I don't like to put anything but high-end on the skin on my face. But back to the balm, it's available in an array of sheer colors, doesn't make promises it doesn't/cannot keep, and drenches lips with moisture while adding a sheer wash of pretty color if desired. I like the consistency: buttery smooth, the lemony scent, how it is hydrating without being oily or sticky- major flaw with many glosses, to me personally anyway. Of course it doesn't last all day, but how easy is it to grab it out of your bag and reapply quickly without a mirror? Ten seconds max? That's just not a deal breaker to me... I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It delivers on its promise.

on 8/8/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this for a discount at a drugstore and decided to try it on a whim due to the good reviews. Final verdict - meh, I could've lived without it.

I got the pink shade and I'm on the fence about the color. It's a very cool, light pink that looks odd on my warm, NC25 skin, but at least it's sheer and I can (sort of) pull it off. The color is self-evening so at least it's low maintenance and I can slap it on and run out the door. It smells like strawberries and does feel like a real balm, but just like a real balm, it wears off in an hour or two so you have to reapply often.

Aside from the pop in color (which I admit is cute), this functions just like a normal stick of Chapstick. If you're expecting miracles, you won't get it. At least it was only a few $, so it's very cheap!

on 8/8/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I swear by the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" and while looking in it I found something interesting about this product. Maybelline says that this product has SPF 20, but it lacks the UVA protection AND it has several fragrance ingredients that will just make chapped lips worse. I had bought some and the pink one I had melted in the summer! I also tried the sparkly ones and they deliver absolutely no color. Wouldn't recommend.

on 8/6/2014 5:30:00 AM

I am still not sure about these. They are very drying, and do very little in the long run. They work more as lipsticks than lip balms. I love the color payoff though, and the packaging is cute. But as lip balms they aren't good, I've had better. I only use this to get color.

on 8/4/2014 7:51:00 AM

Lovely lip balm,the coloured one give a sheer but very visible wash of colour.keeps the lips very soft and leave a stain of colour too.

Popular Lip Treatments