April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by isabellec44

This powder is a really good powder. I love how it actually lets your skin breathe and it doesn't look cakey at all. I have the color 220 natural beige and it is a little too dark but I find it perfect since we are in the summer time and I'm a little tanner. However it doesn't really stay on your face that long, I would say that 3-4 hours is the max of this powders staying powder. And it doesn't have a matte finish or absorbs oil. The coverage is light, it could become medium coverage but you would have to put a little bit more on. It blends beautifully, and like I said lets your skin breathe. Out of all the powders I have tried so far this one is the best at not feeling heavy or cakey on your face. I am going to repurchase this item, and I do recommend it to people who want a light powder or a great setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this stuff is pretty good. not the best, but I give it a 3.5 out of 5; just rounded it to a 4 though on this scale. it lasts pretty long, but not long enough for me. it works best when i use my bare minerals makeup beforehand

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 110 with the matching foundation. I was more interested in the foundation, I just got this powder since it was on sale and wanted to see what else it could do or if it would compliment the matching foundation. I also like the Fit Me philosophy.

PROS: This stuff is seriously smooth. It is noticeably smoother than MAC Careblend powder. It's also ridiculously finely milled... rub a puff across it for a second and watch as it practically becomes LOOSE POWDER (complete with the mess). Color 110 does match the foundation. I decided to NOT listen to some reviewers who said that 110 is much darker than the 110 foundation and instead try 115, because 115 looked so pink to me it might as well been blush! 110 appears darker in the package, but when actually applied isn't as dark (maybe not as light, but ok). When heavily swatching it on my fingers, it appears very light and white-ish.

CONS: Lightweight. And with the matching Fit Me powder, this powder does nothing when applied lightly - no oil/shine control, almost no coverage, it doesn't set it at all, and you can feel the foundation as if you just applied it seconds ago. If you plan on using this powder lightly, forget it altogether! I think it needs medium-heavy application to do it's job. I don't find it that shocking though. With other foundations, it seems to do better but I would advise against pairing this foundations that can't remotely hold up on their own. Like the foundation, it's a lighter formula with no longwearing claims. Disappointing though since when you pack on any powder it can enter powdery terroritory regardless of formula. Also, this powder is loaded with shimmer. LOADED. I find it pretty obvious in the package, but not on the face. Finally, it has the potential to leave one of my eyes REALLY red. For a while I thought I actually had an eye condition or something! It wasn't until I laid off the makeup that it disappeared completely. Careful around the eye area. Not sure that it oxidizes, but another reviewer said something like it's so reflective that when it takes on oil it appears darker. That's true.

OTHER: The finish on top of foundation is more matte than natural IMO, but it's not OVERLY matte at least. If it is applied lightly, it appears neutral. And I really don't understand the negativity about the packaging. So it's a bit chunkier and unconventional - by not having the mirror on top, it lets you see the color before you buy, which you can't do with all drugstore products. Most are sealed and you can't open those freely. The additional compartment is nice too because you could probably store an extra puff in it (haven't tried but looks large enough). You don't even need to use it for a puff, you could store a flash drive, some change, or whatever. I can see the flip side though - screams "I am in your pocket" and it doesn't fully snap close, so it can make noise.

OVERALL: I think this is an underrated powder. Yeah, it's lightweight and doesn't work when skimping, which means it will run out fast, but the color match and fact it's not super matte are good. I won't return since it's not longwearing however.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by cdeardorff

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked it! I thought it was a nice lightweight powder that doesn't crease or look cakey. It also is very translucent so it doesn't add a lot of dark color to your face, and it is sparkle free!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by vmakeup13

has almost a shiny affect since it contains glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A standard powder for the $14 price tag, nothing amazing but does the job. Colours tend to be on the orange side so you need to make sure you match your skin as well as possible. If you use to much it gets cakey on your face, and the puff which it comes with is really bad quality (same as all the other maybelline powders I've tried). I apply it with a powder blush and it looks much better. I would repurchase simply for the reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Fit Me powder is all around average. To apply it, I use a kabuki brush by essential beauty, and it works way better than the cheap puff that come's with it. I'm in the color 110, the lightest shade, and although it's almost translucent, it's still a tad too dark for my pale skin. This pretty much takes away oil and shine when I use it after gym. But it cakes! Oh, it cakes! Especially on sweat dampned skin. It's so obvious I'm wearing it because I look like Cookie Monster's awkward cousin- Cake Monster. On non-damp skin, it works okay, but that's it. Just okay. It's the best out of the fit me line, but the rest of the line was pretty bad for me. I really think there are better powders out there, and I won't be repurchasing this. The packaging is nice, though. I like how the mirror is on the bottom with the puff so that it can't get powdery...I mean, unless you actually use the puff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Sophiavor22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I have a love hate relationship with this product i love how much coverage it provides i wear it one its own and it gives the most flawless but not overly matte finish. There are little tiny buts of shimmer but when applied to the face it doesn't show up but it leaves a semi matte finish and i like that, even though i have oily skin i don't like the overly matte finish look. I have oily skin and this product doesn't get rid off it but it does leave me matte for an extra 2 to 3 hours. the packaging is ok the little window to see the product shattered a bit when i dropped it on floor. the thing i hate about it is i have the color 235 pure beige and in the pan its a shade littler than my skin tone and when i apply it it matches pretty well BUT during the day i find the shade gets a bit darker so it looks like i put to much bronzer on but i just put some down my neck and bust area so easy fix but still a down side. i would buy this product again but in 2 shades littler than my actual skin tone color.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Emilymalik

I bought this because One of friends bought it a loved it unfortunately I didn't. I have a very fair skin tone with red cheeks and this did nothing but turn orange and make me look like a tanned carrot. I tried it for my forehead and nose which is not red and It still turned a dark orange and I picked the 125 one of the lightest shades they have. Over all I payed 15$ for nothing, big dissapointment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

**Edit 11/25 Finally used this up, wont repurchase. Dont like the glitter, coverage and oil control is a joke compared to SF powder. Save your money and invest in that.
Pressed powder is always good to have around. Im just kind of meh about this powder. The price and color are great, coverage is so so when used alone. Normally, I wear it over my Tarte TM, so the coverage appears to be decent in that aspect. For some reason, using it over the Fit Me foundation makes my whole face look just wrong. You would think they would look good together.