July 30, 2014 | 2059 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by md8405

So FAr so good have oily skin and been useing on face not only does it help control oil but leaves face glowing and so Smooth!!! I use in my hair as well add a llil to shampoo and also as body oil. It is the best def impressed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase this at Trader Joes for about 10 dollars (as of 4/2012)

I use this mostly on my hair and then on my neck to moisturize because it gets dry. I feel that this actually helps my hair growth! I was starting to lose my hair in the front and this helped to grow out the superfine hair at the temples and I noticed a lot of finer hair growing in in general. Although I don't think there are any studies to substantiate this, I would highly recommend trying this (apply to scalp and hairline in the evening before bed. Massage in gently) if you are experiencing hair loss. It may not help, but it won't hurt!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by estetika

This Organic Jojoba Oil is really nice! It absorbed into my skin pretty quick and left very little remaining on the surface. It really helps hydrate some of the dry areas I have. The only complaints I have is that the smell is not the best. It's not horrible...just not what I was expecting. Oh and the hole at the top of the bottle is a little too big so if you aren't careful, too much oil can come out. Other than that stuff, this is awesome Organic Jojoba Oil!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by roman1221

I am on the fence with Jojoba oil.

I thought it was absolutely perfect for my skin, really moisturising, calming down my oily bits and softening my dry bits. And makeup application is perfect if you like the dewy skin look.

UNFORTUNATELY

After a week it just dried up my whole face. I do not want to put more and more on as I know I'll be stuck in a trap. I really really did like it - I think it is best when mixed with a moisturiser, not alone. Maybe this is why people are breaking out as it is dehydrating their skin. It does NOT clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil for me is just wonderful. I use it in my home-made body cream and on my face when things feel very dry. As a body cream agent it has been wonderful. Never ever irritated my skin. I love how it also an agent to kill germs, fungus, microorganisms on the skin. I have used Jojoba for years.

I notice many people complaining it caused their face problems. I would estimate that 85% of those people used far far too much. I don't doubt it may clog pores for some people. Everyone is different after all. However if you want to try to use this on your face all you need is DROPS. Not a lot of it. Jojoba goes a long way. All you need for your whole face is about 3 or 4 drops of the stuff. I take special care to use around my eyes. I find it gives me a nice glow and has helped even my skin. It is amazing in the winter when my skin tends to become very dry. It has helped with cocoa butter to eliminate scaring on my body. I love Jojoba oil. HG product for me. I will repurchase as long as someone is selling it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using Jojoba Oil for about a year now. It's probably the best thing that has ever happened to my scalp. Not to mention the advantages to using it for my hair. If you are looking for something to add moisture into your hair/scalp or achieve stronger healthier hair, this is the stuff you need to get! It can be used on any hair type, but is especially good for brittle and dry hair.

Background -

Jojoba (ho-HO-ba) Oil comes from the seeds of a shrub (Simmondsia chinenisthat) that is found in northwestern Mexico and the southwestern United States. Although it is called an oil, it's technically a liquid wax or a wax ester. Of all of the compounds in nature, Jojoba Oil is the most similar to human skin oil (sebum). It's hypoallergenic, non-irritating and non-comedogenic. It also contains vitamin E and has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. No wonder Jojoba Oil is one of the most used ingredients in hair products!

For the Scalp -

Jojoba Oil seals in lasting moisture to your scalp without leaving an oily residue. It balancing PH levels and strengthens you hair follicle shafts to promote stronger and healthier hair with less shedding. It also helps control the sebum production of the scalp, effectively balancing the natural oil's your body makes and preventing dry scalp flakes (commonly mistaken for dandruff).

For the hair -

Dry hair is one of the biggest causes of split ends and breakage. Jojoba Oil protects your hair by infusing long lasting moisture. Unlike most water based product, it does not evaporate but instead soaks into your hair shafts. This makes your hair stronger and gives you a long lasting healthy shine.

How to Use Jojoba Oil -

. You can use Jojoba Oil as an ingredient in a hair mask or as a mask by itself. This is probably the most effective way to use this oil, because it allows an adequate amount of time to penetrate your hair shafts and soak into your scalp. You should message it into your scalp and leave it in your hair as long as possible. Cover with a shower cap or saran wrap to keep in heat and speed up absorption (and keep in the mess).

. You can add a couple drops (a little goes a long way!) of Oil into your normal conditioner. This will give you more of a deep conditioning effect every time you shower.

. If your hair is looking frizzy or dull you can use a small amount of Jojoba Oil to smooth out the cuticle and make your hair shiny and healthy.

If you plan on buying Jojoba Oil make sure it is organic, with no preservatives or additives. Because this oil is naturally high in Vitamin E it is very stable, and has a long shelf life. Desert Essence is the brand I use.

As far as facial purposes, Jojoba Oil was a huge bust for me. It made me break out something horrible. I tried to use it as a moisturizer and as an ingredient in OCM.... Good thing it's so great for my hair! lol

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by abbyb90

HG. Hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT October 2012. So it's been more than half a year since I used this daily (for just a few weeks) on my scalp. The problems I used to have with my scalp - mainly zits and a gross smell as soon as it got oily which was within hours of washing it - went away and haven't returned! YAY!

I use this for something I haven't often seen mentioned: scalp problems. I abuse my scalp by coloring my hair regularly and washing it every day followed by blow-drying. Due to this, plus probably genetic factors, my scalp is oily and often develops little pimples (I can't see them but can feel them - scalp acne! I know, GROSS) but is also dehydrated and therefore itchy. I can't go a day without washing or else it looks bad and smells bad because of the oiliness. So, I decided I'd try jojoba oil because I'd heard it is very similar to sebum and good to use for any plugged hair follicle issues. I had also tried coconut oil previously, but found that way too greasy to use on the scalp (it's great for other uses!). The jojoba oil is really making a difference: I rub it in at night and leave it in till the morning when I wash my hair. My scalp seems to be improving - it's been just a few weeks!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by brandirae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product initially seemed like a miracle product. It brought my super dry scaly skin (due to acne.org's system) back to healthy moisturized skin. However after about three weeks of using this I started getting awful acne that would head and then remain on my face. My face is just now clearing up and it has been about a month since I've stopped using this. Great moisturizer, but broke me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by apollo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this stuff--it's truly a miracle oil for me! i only use it for skin moisturization (facial skin). it absorbs well, and leaves my skin feeling comfortable. i can't see a time when i won't use this product. definitely recommend this for people with dry/sensitive/temperamental skin.