September 22, 2014 | 1899 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using a brand made from Trader Joe's, but not exactly this brand.
I don't think there is any better oil than jojoba for my acne- prone, flaky and oily skin. I use this at night to cleanse my face. I just wet my face with water, pour some jojoba oil on my hands and gently rub it around my face for around a minute, then rinse with water. I then apply it in conjunction with another oil I have and in the morning my skin is softer than anything I've ever felt. I literally wake up in the morning feeling the side of my face because it is so soft.
In the morning I put a tiny bit on my face to moisturize and it works throughout the day also.
For the hair I will leave it on overnight and wash it through twice in the morning to get all the oils out.
I use this on my brows, hair, body, lips, etc.. I really don't think there is anything I don't use it on. It is a freaking amazing oil that people should know more about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not using Desert Essence brand, but I don't think it really matters. I have dry reactive skin with mild rosacea. My skin is also very thin thanks to my scottish ancestry.

I've started using jojoba oil a year ago. I've read different natural theories and after experimenting I've came to the conclusion that with my skin type less is more. I rarely exfoliate, I do not put oil at night to let my skin breathe, I clean only at night with the oil cleansing method (Using sunflower and castor oil). In the morning I spray my face with cold rosewater mixed with a bit of glycerine, and then I put straight jojoba oil. My skin is really less dry, more glowy and less red.

Jojoba oil can also be mixed with your favorite oils if you are on a budget and it's still fabulous. I've started mixing one part of jojoba, one of avocado oil and one of sweet almond oil. It's even better and cheaper too! I know a lot of you don't like the bottle, what I do is put it in a dark glass bottle with a pomp.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a general review for 100% jojoba oil, not specifically this brand.

Oh WOW, is what I have to say. It's a perfect moisturizer for days when you're not going to wear any make-up: its what I wear at home when I know I'm going to be lounging around for most part of the day. I have combination skin that gets oily in the t-zone within just 3 hours. Just 2 drops of this, rub it into the your palms well and pat it into your face gently sweeping outwards. The best part is my whole face felt so comfortable all day, and didn't get excessively shiny - just a healthy dewy look!

DEFINITELY try this no matter what your skin type. If all fails, it still makes a perfect nighttime moisturizer for your skin or an excellent make-up remover. A few drops onto a cotton pad, let it sit on your face for a minute, press down gently on your skin and sweep outwards, and most of your make-up comes right off!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by blondi530

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been a miracle cure for my skin. I have tried everything for my adult acne. Proactiv, Clearskin, Avene, Aveeno, Prescription meds and nothing worked most of them made it worse. I do not review items as I would tend not to be impressed with most things. But Braggs apple cider vinegar & Jojoba Oil has changed my life, after 3 weeks my cystic acne has cleared. I cant stop looking at my skin. This has been a long road for me, I have had this acne for the last 4 years and have been to many dermatologists and also herbal healers. I have taken many supplements and vitamins to try and help my skin and while some herbal remedies made it slightly better i always continued to break out. Through much research i began a new all natural routine. If i have makeup on I use a Faith in nature seaweed soap to remove it, then do a small cleanse with light coloured organic honey, when i have more time i leave the honey on for as long as i can as a mask, your skin will feel so good afterwards. Then as a toner i use a mixture made from 50% Braggs Apple cider vinegar and 50% water. finally to moisturise I use 100% natural organic Jojoba oil. This Regime has worked wonders for my skin i have had no new breakouts and my scars are healing daily, i am delighted with the results and can't believe that dermatologists do not encourage more people to try natural products. I would encourage everyone with Acne problems to try this. If anybody needs any further details just contact me. Good luck!!!

4 months Later this is still working better than anything I have ever tried before!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by md8405

So FAr so good have oily skin and been useing on face not only does it help control oil but leaves face glowing and so Smooth!!! I use in my hair as well add a llil to shampoo and also as body oil. It is the best def impressed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchase this at Trader Joes for about 10 dollars (as of 4/2012)

I use this mostly on my hair and then on my neck to moisturize because it gets dry. I feel that this actually helps my hair growth! I was starting to lose my hair in the front and this helped to grow out the superfine hair at the temples and I noticed a lot of finer hair growing in in general. Although I don't think there are any studies to substantiate this, I would highly recommend trying this (apply to scalp and hairline in the evening before bed. Massage in gently) if you are experiencing hair loss. It may not help, but it won't hurt!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by estetika

This Organic Jojoba Oil is really nice! It absorbed into my skin pretty quick and left very little remaining on the surface. It really helps hydrate some of the dry areas I have. The only complaints I have is that the smell is not the best. It's not horrible...just not what I was expecting. Oh and the hole at the top of the bottle is a little too big so if you aren't careful, too much oil can come out. Other than that stuff, this is awesome Organic Jojoba Oil!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by roman1221

I am on the fence with Jojoba oil.

I thought it was absolutely perfect for my skin, really moisturising, calming down my oily bits and softening my dry bits. And makeup application is perfect if you like the dewy skin look.

UNFORTUNATELY

After a week it just dried up my whole face. I do not want to put more and more on as I know I'll be stuck in a trap. I really really did like it - I think it is best when mixed with a moisturiser, not alone. Maybe this is why people are breaking out as it is dehydrating their skin. It does NOT clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil for me is just wonderful. I use it in my home-made body cream and on my face when things feel very dry. As a body cream agent it has been wonderful. Never ever irritated my skin. I love how it also an agent to kill germs, fungus, microorganisms on the skin. I have used Jojoba for years.

I notice many people complaining it caused their face problems. I would estimate that 85% of those people used far far too much. I don't doubt it may clog pores for some people. Everyone is different after all. However if you want to try to use this on your face all you need is DROPS. Not a lot of it. Jojoba goes a long way. All you need for your whole face is about 3 or 4 drops of the stuff. I take special care to use around my eyes. I find it gives me a nice glow and has helped even my skin. It is amazing in the winter when my skin tends to become very dry. It has helped with cocoa butter to eliminate scaring on my body. I love Jojoba oil. HG product for me. I will repurchase as long as someone is selling it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using Jojoba Oil for about a year now. It's probably the best thing that has ever happened to my scalp. Not to mention the advantages to using it for my hair. If you are looking for something to add moisture into your hair/scalp or achieve stronger healthier hair, this is the stuff you need to get! It can be used on any hair type, but is especially good for brittle and dry hair.

Background -

Jojoba (ho-HO-ba) Oil comes from the seeds of a shrub (Simmondsia chinenisthat) that is found in northwestern Mexico and the southwestern United States. Although it is called an oil, it's technically a liquid wax or a wax ester. Of all of the compounds in nature, Jojoba Oil is the most similar to human skin oil (sebum). It's hypoallergenic, non-irritating and non-comedogenic. It also contains vitamin E and has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. No wonder Jojoba Oil is one of the most used ingredients in hair products!

For the Scalp -

Jojoba Oil seals in lasting moisture to your scalp without leaving an oily residue. It balancing PH levels and strengthens you hair follicle shafts to promote stronger and healthier hair with less shedding. It also helps control the sebum production of the scalp, effectively balancing the natural oil's your body makes and preventing dry scalp flakes (commonly mistaken for dandruff).

For the hair -

Dry hair is one of the biggest causes of split ends and breakage. Jojoba Oil protects your hair by infusing long lasting moisture. Unlike most water based product, it does not evaporate but instead soaks into your hair shafts. This makes your hair stronger and gives you a long lasting healthy shine.

How to Use Jojoba Oil -

. You can use Jojoba Oil as an ingredient in a hair mask or as a mask by itself. This is probably the most effective way to use this oil, because it allows an adequate amount of time to penetrate your hair shafts and soak into your scalp. You should message it into your scalp and leave it in your hair as long as possible. Cover with a shower cap or saran wrap to keep in heat and speed up absorption (and keep in the mess).

. You can add a couple drops (a little goes a long way!) of Oil into your normal conditioner. This will give you more of a deep conditioning effect every time you shower.

. If your hair is looking frizzy or dull you can use a small amount of Jojoba Oil to smooth out the cuticle and make your hair shiny and healthy.

If you plan on buying Jojoba Oil make sure it is organic, with no preservatives or additives. Because this oil is naturally high in Vitamin E it is very stable, and has a long shelf life. Desert Essence is the brand I use.

As far as facial purposes, Jojoba Oil was a huge bust for me. It made me break out something horrible. I tried to use it as a moisturizer and as an ingredient in OCM.... Good thing it's so great for my hair! lol

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No