Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/16/2013 3:45:00 PM

This has been one of my favourite foundations these past years. One of the best things about this foundation is has excellent coverage. After long hours this foundation will still stick to your face. However you would definitely need to set it with powder though or can come across as kind of too dewy or oily. I'm pretty sure if went swimming with this on it will still stay on your face !

My big problem with this is that it can be too much coverage, as in it's really heavy. So if you don't have much acne or only need light coverage I don't think this would be the best foundation. Another thing is the bottle design is absolutely horrible! There is no pump so every time I try pour it out I always end up pouring too much !

Despite the cons this will always remain one of my favourite drugstore foundations and my go to foundation if my face have some serious spots to cover up !

on 9/16/2013 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

About me: NC25 / combo (but reeeally oily during summer) / acne prone

I have to say I really love this!!! I got the combo/oily skin formula in Sand Beige and it matches perfectly. Of all foundations I've ever used this is the best. I think it's my HG :)

It really lasts all day long, I put it on at 6am and by 3pm it still looks good. It depends on the weather if I need to touch up or not, but if I do it's only once.

During the day I apply it with my fingers to achieve medium coverage (and whenever I feel like I put trasclucent powder on top to set, again, depends on the weather) , and when I'm going out at night I use a foundation brush to get full coverage.

The only con is that the bottle does not come with a pump which is really annoying ... I still give it 5 lippies though.

It is a bit pricey to be a DS product but it's worth it, I will repurchase when I run out of it!

Combo and oily gals give it a try!

on 9/16/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Firstly to explain my lippie ratings. I gave it an overall of 5, as I feel for a drugstore product it really delivers. The price is ok, and the packaging I think is great as I got it in a glass bottle with a pump...can't ask for better than that.

I got the normal to dry formula for a few reasons. Firstly, I always use a setting powder so do not require a completely matte finish. Also I have always found that matte foundations oxidise more than their semi-matte counterparts. A lot of people complain about chalkiness, you tend to avoid the caking and chalkiness if your foundation is not entirely matte, as it is the additives in the foundations that cause them to dry on your skin, that also causes oxidation and caking.

I also find the normal to dry skin formula very easy to work with. It is buildable and gives a very even finish, and looks very smooth when finished off with a setting powder. I also use translucent powders, or blot powder as I do not want to add any color by way of powder.

I have this product in the lightest shade, ivory. It is a nice match for my pale skin. The staying power is very good, and is easy to touch up (much easier than the drier combination/oily option).

I know a lot of people like a very matte product, but I think this is a mistake, especially for more mature skins. Try the normal to dry version. It does not completely dry into your fine lines, and gives a much more silky and youthful look to your skin.

on 9/15/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation had extremely good coverage, and is easy to layer. I have medium to severe acne and I have oily/combination skin. I love how my skin doesn't get too greasy when I wear it and it keeps me from getting shiny for hours. It also stays put- even without a primer. The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't find a color that matches my skin nicely and it feels VERY thick and heavy on my face. This NEEDS to be set with a powder no matter what, or else it will feel very heavy on your face and will get oily pretty quickly.

on 9/14/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use the combination one, in Ivory. I used to mix Ivory with Buff as it seemed perfect for my skin tone, but I now think that's a little too dark. Lasts all day although I frequently blot and powder. Doesn't slip off and doesn't feel like a mask. My trusted foundation and the best I've found so far. I'm on a quest to find a BB Cream in the same shade with the same qualities.

on 9/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

I used this foundation for a while, and it was acceptable. It just seems like it doesn't cover, and just really works like a tinted lotion I guess? I try to put enough on, but it doesn't seem to cover very well. If that makes sense, I don't know. I recently switched to Mac. It costs more, but everything more expensive, usually is that way for a reason: It works well. But if I don't have quick access to Mac, I guess I may prchase this again. I think after I found something better, it made this foundation look worse to me.

on 9/13/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

this foundation has excellent staying power but it does break me out. it is inexpensive but not worth the bumpy skin....i will stick with black opal til I find out about a better product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't understand why I don't like this. It seems like even aliens rave about this product but I just don't get it. It doesn't last as long as my covergirl 3 in 1. Honestly I don't understand this. Its one of those products that you must try on your skin because I just don't get it. It just sits on my skin. Its like its not my skin but yet it doesn't cover what I need. Its almost liquidly and thick at the same time. IDK. I guess I just love how my covergirl dries almost to a powder finish. I guess its not really the foundation but me. I just prefer other things for the things my necessities are. And this foundation doesn't cover them.

on 9/11/2013 7:38:00 PM

I tried some high ends foundations but this is the one I always come back to. I think the price is fair, works perfect on my combination skin and ivory 110 feets perfectly. Staying power is great and it doesnt get cakey. Looks good on photos too!

on 9/11/2013 11:45:00 AM

I really wanted to like this foundation. I always read reviews on stuff before I buy because I don't want it to be a waste of money. After reading tons of reviews and watching loads of videos i decided to purchase this from Walmart for $14.99. I don't mind spending a lot of money on foundation because i think its essential for your make up to look good. This foundation is "expensive" for a drugstore foundation. When I first applied it the coverage was okay for me, not great and it didn't break me out which was a plus. I have medium oily skin and lasting power was really great as well. After a month of use of wearing this foundation almost everyday i noticed that i started breaking out on the same spot over and over again. To make matters worse it dried out my skin in some spots and made my skin oilier in others. My skin because so dry to the point lf flaking and scaling skin. It was disgusting. And when you would apply this foundation it would cling to the dryness. Overall I am not satisfied with this foundation, I know it works for a lot of people but unfortunatley it just didnt work for me. I will not recommend this to anyone