July 30, 2014 | 1022 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by snowflakecookie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this product because I kept seeing it everywhere, and I heard how natural it was. I finally went ahead and bought it, and when I put it on I LOVED it! It looked so nice on, and it made my skin dewy. Unfortunately, it broke me out. It made my skin red. I thought it was a fluke, and tried it again later, and I got even more breakouts. I wish it would work for me because I love it a lot...so if your skin isn't prone to breakouts, buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE 4/3/2012:
    I'm lowering the rating down to a 3.
    I wore this all day during school today, and I'm not pleased. You know how when foundations are freshly applied they give you a dewy finish, and then when they dry they give you a matte/semi-matte finish? Well, the only reason why NatureLuxe gives you a dewy finish (contary to what I said in my original review) is because it DOESN'T dry. If you swipe your finger on your face, the foundation comes off on your finger, which is annoying, especially when you borrow your friend's phone and you return it with your foundation smothered on the screen--and especially when you're typing this at this very moment and leaving foundation-y fingerprints all over the keyboard. Another thing I don't like about it is the feeling on your face. When you feel your face with the foundation on, it just feels really icky, fake, and not-skin-like--even my boyfriend said so. The feeling was so unpleasant that by the end of 5th period I just HAD to remove it and apply my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse instead (much better).
    ALSO.....The shade Sandstone is a little bit too light for my NC30 skin after all.
    I'm disappointed to say that I will not be repurchasing this due to its poor staying power.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
    After hearing that Pat McGrath used this foundation on all her models during Fashion Week and reading all the great reviews that said that it gives natural, makeupless-looking coverage, I just HAD to get this.
    And I don't regret purchasing NatureLuxe at all.
    I'm an NC30 with strong yellow undertones and Sandstone seems to be a good match. Like all Covergirl foundations, these run on the pinker side (the only true yellow-based shade I see is Oak, which is rather dark). Sandstone is more like a neutral beige with a hint of yellow. It's not really yellow enough for me, but it's either this or all the pinkish shades--I'll stick with Sandstone, thanks.
    The coverage is absolutely perfect. NatureLuxe provides medium, a little bit full coverage, which is enough to cover pores, redness, and most of my blemishes. It doesn't cover up my dark marks all the way, but that's fine because I can use a concealer for that (I use Maybelline Coverstick).
    The consistency is really runny. I was hoping it'd be creamyish, but it's not, unfortunately. I actually have to be careful when opening this, otherwise the foundation dribbles out, which over time will waste a lot of product.
    Application is simple and easy, just the way I like it. Usually I use my MAC 187 brush for liquid foundations, but since this is in a squeeze tube, I just like to use my fingers for convenience and ease of use. Covergirl also suggests that you use a makeup sponge or your fingers to apply this. My fingers can do a sufficient job at application and blending out. Also, a little product goes a long way, so you only need a little bit.
    I was expecting a dewy finish from this considering how many people said it gives a "natural" finish (I LOVE the dewy look; I have yet to find a foundation that gives me this look!), but it's not. It's kind of...semi-matte. It doesn't look natural on me, sadly. Although it doesn't look heavy or caked-on, you can still tell that I'm wearing makeup. Granted, this is one of the most natural-looking foundations I've ever tried, but it's not really natural-looking.
    The packaging is meh. I really don't like the design--it looks cheap and somewhat tacky, although that's not a huge complaint. Because of the runny texture, I don't think this product should be in a squeeze tube. I actually like squeeze tubes because of their convenience and cleanliness, but something as runny as this should be in a bottle. Also, the lid is misleading. It appears to be a cap that you pull off, but it's actually a screw-on lid, so keep that in mind.
    The $12 price tag at Rite Aid in my opinion isn't worth it. For a price like that, I'd expect at least more product or better packaging. The tube, by the way, is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be. I personally think NatureLuxe is worth something more like $10. But, oh well. It's still a good foundation! (:
    Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros: Smooth, fresh, natural looking.
    Cons: Does leave skin very oily after a few hours and it can leave marks on clothing when in contact with face. I also had a hard time choosing the right color for my skin tone.

Overall I find this an okay foundation, I do not enjoy using heavy make-up and this fit my natural look that I hold onto very dearly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So after using this for a day, when I gothome from school I found 6 pimples on my cheeks. Also the smell is not very appealing, very chemical, but it was pleasant putting this on because of the cool fresh feeling.

It deliver what it promised,whichisthe fresh feeling, but nothing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by nameskatie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. Its application was a bit messy, but once I actually blended it and added a finishing powder, my skin looked absolutely flawless. Unlike other liquid foundations, this one didn't rub off on anything my face touched. I used a piece of toilet paper and rubbed it on my cheek to test if it would rub off, and the toilet paper was clean after lightly rubbing it on my face. It's lovely! The only thing I didn't like about this foundation is that after about 8 hours, my face looked really oily around my nose and chin. But then again, it is a liquid foundation, there really isn't any way of avoiding the oiliness. Overall, this product is definitely worth it. :) I love it and I would definitely buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this and had originally purchased it months ago in the shade Flax which turned out to be just a little bit too dark for me. I used it from time to time but recently wanted to get back into using it again so I picked up the shade Alabaster, which was a better match for me. This is a very lightweight foundation and in my opinion does not cover very much at all. I don't even think it would be buildable. Also, I don't know if I got a bad tube of this or what but it made my skin burn all day and made me break out. I have no idea why, as my first go with this caused no issues and I've never had any skin problems from using different Cover Girl foundations in the past. So I don't think I'll be buying this one again, but I would recommend it if you want a LIGHT foundation that barely covers your skin...but if your skin tends to get oily throughout the day like mine, I'd skip this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. I just need a good brush to apply it with. I think it does give off a really natural effect while providing great coverage. Previously I was using covergirls "Clean" which was a lot more liquid based and heavy-looking but still an overall decent foundation, but I like this one a lot more.

My biggest concern is the fact the bottle is so small and it costed like 16$... like everytime I squeeze out more I feel bad because I dont wan't to use it all up so fast. The "Clean" foundation still has lots left and I've been using it for over a year.

I like this a lot so I'll likely buy it again, also I'm probably going to run out quite fast.

I used to have bad forehead acne but it's clearing away thanks to ProActiv so I dont need much coverage, but I really like how this product makes my skin look. Also refer to youtube guru macbarbie07 this is her favourite foundation and her skin always looks so nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I was given this foundation by a friend since the colour was too light for her skin and I was always curious about it so it was the perfect opportunity to give it a try. The shade I got was number 310 Flax which is second from the lightest and I seriously love this foundation. I've been using it for about a month now and it has been an absolute miracle product for my skin. I have very dry skin and the formulation of this is so light, silky and moisturising. It also has not broken me out!
    Now for about the product: This foundation is a very silky, mousse-like foundation which provides medium coverage. The finish of this foundation is very natural and lasted without touch ups on my skin for around 10 hours but for oiler skin, you can assume less. It is not a long wearing foundation. The product claims to have natural ingredients in it including cucumber water and jojoba extract. The foundation is scented like cucumbers from the cucumber water but to me it just smells chemically (the scent will not last on your skin). I found that the foundation was best applied with my fingers and I was able to build up the coverage. Unfortunately, I noticed that most of the shades have a pinker undertone so if you have yellow undertones this may not be right for you :/ but luckily I have very rosy undertones.
    Just from how the foundation performed on my skin I would imagine that it would be better for someone with normal to dry skin but everyone does have different skin needs and preferences. I have been super pleased with this foundation and how it applies, looks and lasts on my skin so much so that my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light have been pushed aside. Unfortunately Procter and Gamble who owns CoverGirl is tested on animals, but if that isn't an issue for you, give it a try! Unfortunately that will push me away from repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation. It seemed like the perfect solution to these dry winter months. However, it accentuated dry skin flakes, pores and the fine lines around my eyes. Initally upon application however it was perfect, but as a few hours passed my face was oily and I had little red bumps all over my face.

This product has a great color match (for me anyways) and the smell wasn't too bad. The packaging wasn't fantastic but there are certainly worse out there.

This product also gave me some nasty pimples which also disappointed me. I used CG Aqua Smoothers when I was younger and they never broke me out and I had hoped this product wouldn't have either.

The hunt for the HG liquid foundation continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

It's very difficult for me to find a good foundation that's light enough to match my fair skin and cover acne blemishes. But then I saw Taylor Swift in the Cover Girl ad and decided, "Well, if it works for her, maybe it will work for me." I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this. It glides on as smooth as silk and is very buildable. The one disadvantage to this product is that it doesn't last very long in the summer. In hot weather, it tends to slide off after a few hours unless I use a primer underneath. But I am willing to accept the minor inconvenience because this foundation has such a great texture and color matches my skin so well. If Cover Girl would make a long-wearing version of this, then it would be perfect.