Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2.6%), Octinoxate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cucumis Sativus Fruit (Cucumber), Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Wax (Jojoba), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Trideceth 9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG 10, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides
Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

on 6/1/2012 3:53:00 AM

This gives a wonderfully dewy finish that covers my large pores and gives a natural but polished look. I prefer light to medium coverage and this does the job, it cleans up imperfections but it is not full coverage as some of my deeper acne scars are still visible. The color match was good (aspen), and it blends and wears nicely, no fading or oxidizing.

However for me, this product is just iffy as I have combination oily skin and a tendency to break out. Even when set with powder this makes my skin pretty oily midday, and I don't like to wear this daily because I think it makes my acne worse. Usually I have only a few zits a month, mostly hormonal, but when I wear this I get little tiny bumps and zits on my cheeks. After checking a comedogenic list, this product does contain sodium chloride (salt), which is not so acne friendly. I'm also very sensitive to smell, and I find the cucumber water scent to this to be yucky and fake smelling. If it didn't make me so oily or aggravate my acne, I would definitely give this product a five. So beware - the coverage is wonderful, but if you're oily or acne prone, be careful with this foundation.

EDIT:
I'm going from 4 to 2 lippies, it's just too greasy and it definitely makes my skin more breakout prone. Not worth it.

on 5/27/2012 5:00:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! It is moisturizing, blends very easily and provides natural looking coverage. It hasn't caused any breakouts. The color matches well and the lasts throughout the day when set with a powder.

on 5/19/2012 12:25:00 AM

I loved it! I have combination skin, with tendencies to break out but this product really helps cover redness and uneven skin tone. I use a concealer over it and it works together perfectly. It blends super easily so it doesn't actually look like you're wearing any foundation. It also has an SPF in it, which is awesome since most people tend to forget to put that on.
The only con might be the price, I got it at Shoppers for around $15 I think, for a drugstore brand that's basically tinted moisturizer, it's a little pricey. But for me it's worth it, I'd buy it again!

on 5/15/2012 11:22:00 PM

I've been searching for a new foundation ever since my favorite (L'Oreal Infallible) is no longer available in my city. I have very dry and very oily (combination) skin that looks really flakey in most foundations. Revlon Colorstay made my skin so dry it burned.
I picked this up thinking it wouldn't be any good but also that it wouldn't hurt to try and I was seriously surprised. My face is sun-burnt and dry right now and I needed a very small amount to cover the redness. It also left no flakey patches. I love it. It's the perfect color for me as well.
The only issue I have is the size...it's pretty small.

on 5/14/2012 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It looked flawless on my face and the coverage is great but cover girl always makes their products so pink. I got it in dune which is a good shade for me but my face looked so pink! and it left a gray mask on me, not a pretty look. Will not be buying this again, it was a waste of money.

on 5/10/2012 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely hate this foundation with a passion. The smell, some people like. I wouldn't mind it if it was a body spray or candle but for a foundation I find it appauling, especially since the product claims to be natural. (I figured it would be fragrance free due to it being a natural foundation.) I really wanted to love this foundation because I heard so many good things about it. Once I put the product on my face it didn't give much coverage at all and I generally just didn't like it from the point that I took the cap off the tube. That being said, I would not give this foundation any lippies if I could, but I do like that it is in a tube for sanitary reasons. If you can get past the smell ( I literally felt like I was painting perfume on my face. ) then kudos to you. Some people really do like the smell and I don't blame them by any means! I just don't like the smell for a foundation like I had said before. Also, it kind of burned when I put it on. Will not repurchase. I am left with a full tube of foundation that will go to waste.

++ I heard that the smell goes away the longer it is on.

Hope I could help everyone!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really good product. I love the natural/satin finish, medium coverage, and subtle glow this foundation gives. It's not great for oily skin, though, because of its sheen. It would be really good for dry skin, I think. A great drugstore find.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this foundation. About 5 minutes after you apply it, once it's absorbed, it looks sooo nice and super natural. Even though it's a more light coverage foundation (I'd say light-to-medium coverage), it really does help to subdue any redness you have and even out your overall skin tone. I also don't know why anyone would have an issue with the scent. There's barely any smell at all! And it goes away after you apply it. Also, it does a pretty good job at containing the oil in your skin; I tend to get a little bit oily on my nose throughout the day when I wear foundation, and this makes my semi-oily skin a bit less noticeable.

My only issue with this foundation is that it doesn't seem to last very long... Not more than about 5 hours. However, I don't wear primer, so I'm sure if you use a good primer, this foundation will last all day for you :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is perfect if you are looking for light coverage! I have combination skin and hate cakey looking foundations... When I tried this it gavee a natural dewy look. It felt more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation actually.... Overall I'd say its awesome for a natural feel/look but if your looking for more coverage this isn't for you

on 5/3/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was very, very impressed with this product. I chose Sandstone because I am a NC25-30 and Buff Beige in Cover Girl foundations and it worked perfectly. It's yellow toned, which I need. The finish of this foundation reminds me of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and Avon Magix, both very airbrushed looking. This lasted pretty well too. I love the SPF.