July 28, 2014 | 1678 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Jberkeley20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy I bought this spray! I was going to buy the Urban Decay spray that is like $30, but I decided to give this a try first, and I'm so happy I did. It sets my makeup perfectly all day and gives me a wonderful dewy look. It even keeps my mascara from flaking. Would absolutely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lindsaypai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this product. It sets my makeup nicely, and takes away any trace of the dreaded cakey/chalky look. It gives my face a nice dewy glow. I didn't notice any smell to it at all. The packaging is nice enough, just a small black mist bottle. I will definitely purchase this again, for 3 bucks you can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

GREAATT PRODUCT. I spray it on after I'm done with my makeup and I think it makes it last longer! Also it gives my makeup a dewy look and it just brightens my mood. All for $1!!! I love E.L.F!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The ingredients of this product seem really decent, and the price is fantastic. I used my MAC studio fix foundation and my MAC SF. My face looked a little to matte for me so I sprayed this product on my face....big mistake! My makeup looked very worried and oily, and I'd just put it on :( maybe I'm not using it right??? The main use for this product for me at the moment is to dampen my beauty blending sponge or dampen my pigment eyeshadows....all of which I could do with my Lush eau ma water toner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF wonders if you "wish you could have a product for your makeup like hairspray for your hair? Keep your makeup staying in place all day with a radiance boosting, invisible hold with Makeup Mist&Set. The invigorating mist moisturizes and soothes the skin with key ingredients; aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A,C,&E. The lightweight, comfortable, and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents colors from running or fading." If you didn't gather from the description, this is a setting spray. Setting sprays are a fairly new, trendy product that hasn't really caught on among drugstore brands yet, so when I wanted to try one for cheap, ELF's was really my only option. This setting spray is part of ELF's Studio line and retails for $3 for 2fl oz (60ml). This, and most ELF products, are vegan friendly and made in China. I purchased my bottle of Mist&Set at Target, but ELF products can also be bought from the brand's website, and at select Kmarts, Walmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores.
ELF's Makeup Mist&Set comes in a black cardboard box. The back of the box offers plenty of product info, including a product description, directions, and a full ingredient list. The product comes in a rectangular , recyclable, translucent black bottle. The name of the product and ELF logo are written on the bottle in white lettering, which is already starting to rub off. The bottle is topped off with a black spritzer that's pretty inappropriate for the product. This spritzer would be much better suited to a body spray or something. ELF's Makeup Mist&Set doesn't really mist as much as squirt, spritzing this setting spray on doesn't result in a fine, delicate mist, so much as an intense spurt of product that concentrates on just a few spots. I had heard about this problem in other reviews, but remained hopeful. Oh first spritz I was very shocked. This product is badly in need of a packaging redesign
I gotta be honest, this setting spray doesn't really do much for me. I've tried a few different application methods; spraying it straight on, doing little half spritzes, spraying it on to a cosmetic wedge and patting it on. Nothing really works out for me. I feel like instead of reducing powdery-ness or cakey-ness, ELF's Makeup Mist&Set makes my makeup look kinda splotchy. I can definitely see where the droplets have landed and ran down my face. The only way I've found to counteract the spotty application is to pat it in with a sponge immediately. That's an awful lot of work for a setting spray, isn't it? Especially one that barely reduces powdery makeup. I'm not really one to have problems with the wear of my foundation, so I can't speak for whether or not ELF's setting spray improves their wear time. I'm inclined to think it would, because it forms a slight film over the skin, which I assume would protect makeup from environmental factors. ELF's Makeup Mist&Set, despite it's alarming application, feels pleasant on the skin, it's very cooling.
I'm not a fan of ELF's Makeup Mist&Set. I don't feel like it does much, and it's application is kinda finicky. I think a lot of the product's problems stem from poor packaging. I think if anything, this setting spray would improve the longevity of makeup. If you're looking for a product to combat cake-face, look elsewhere. I would't repurchase or recommend this setting spray unless ELF repackages it. I'll keep this spray around for foiling eyeshadows, but I don't think I'll be using it on my face anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This may have once had a smell but there is no smell now. It just smells fresh and basically like nothing at all there's like no scent. I love this and am slightly addicted to it. I had the MAC setting spray first and I was very careful with it because of how expensive it was I didn't want to waste it. I find that this product works THE SAME as the mac. Yes, they do the exact same thing for me. Neither perform miracles but I love that this is only $3 and I can just spray as I please..And believe me I do lol. I probably over do it a bit but I just love the freshness and I am paranoid about my face getting dry. Despite that, I have had it for almost a month and still have half a bottle. Although the MAC had a much better spray bottle and smelled incredible it's not worth paying so much more for the same affects.. I use this to set my foundation and such and it makes it feel fresher and reduce any cakey-ness. I don't find that it makes my makeup last any long but it is a God send when it comes to re-applying your makeup. It lets you apply more without any caky-ness. I don't care for the packaging, the spray bottle is more like a squirt bottle. It doesn't mist nicely on your face like the MAC does.. And it requires more squirts. I have to squirt about 3 squirts to get my entire face. A new bottle would be amazing but hey for $3 I am not going on strike or anything. Will be repurchasing, it's a must have for everyone :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This spray is amazing for finishing your makeup, taking away any powdery/cakey look and just refreshing your face in general. I use it twice when I apply my makeup and even though I spray this stuff on my face an insane amount, the bottle still manages to last me a good 2 months even though it's quite small. I have not tried UD all nighter or Skindinavia, but I don't even feel the need to because this does a great job!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

I had really been wanting a setting spray, but when I went to look at MAC's Fix +, the price tag scared me away. I spied ELF's $3 one and thought "Why not?"
I love it. It really helps set my makeup and take away any powderiness on my face. I will say that if you overdo it, it can melt your makeup off, but only slightly. Still, be careful. Spray about 12 to 16 inches away from your face, or just spray onto a sponge tip applicator and lightly press it onto your skin. I do both and get a lovely finish. Some have complained about the smell, but I don't notice a thing. Perhaps ELF took out the scent? Either way, I definetly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

In love with this! It helps my make up last all day and makes my face look glowy. It has absolutely no scent to me, it smells like water. I love the packaging (black bottle) it actually looks sleek and nice. I gave it 4 lips only because its kind of hard to spray correctly, you have to spray it hard enough, and I tend to get only half of my face every time. But other than that, it dries quickly, its perfect to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is phenomenal. It's the only reason I'm able to pull off a full face of makeup that actually lasts with my oily skin. It's a lifesaver, a godsend! Would I buy this again? Of course!!