October 2, 2014 | 1464 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

I really think that this makes my makeup look fresh and last longer. I don't know if water would just give the same effects, but this works for me, so I am going to keep on repurchasing it. Good job, E.L.F.!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

Bought this because it was cheap and fancied giving it a go. Defiantly repurchasing this, can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I've been using this product for over 4 Years, wish I had this in high school. Makes my foundation last much longer!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I am not sure about this Makeup Set & Mist. I did like reading the other reviewers' suggestion about making this product work, such as using a different type of spray bottle or even spraying it farther from face (12 inches+) than 6 inches. However, I find this heavily runs my eye makeup instead of setting it. Also, this may admittedly make me sound like a total dunce -- but half the time that I have used this mist, I have accidentally sprayed it up into my nose despite spraying straight at my face, which was uncomfortable.

The spray bottle is annoying bc the pump constantly sticks, and when it does work, a huge mist comes out (which may be alleviated by spraying farther from face).

I am a bit disbelieved others wrote that they spray 6-8 times, bc I find that if I even just spray 3 times, my makeup starts running.

It does leave blush and foundation on, but definitely is a disaster on eye makeup. Most likely, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works very well. I have mild acne, and this does not aggravate it at all. It also leaves my skin looking dewy fresh and feeling very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually very surprised by this product I wasn't expecting it to do anything but in fact this does hold my makeup slightly better than without but I'm not claiming hours here. However the main benefit I find for this product is helping to get rid of the cakey look and refreshing makeup when a powder top up is needed. When I have finished my makeup I give it a quick few sprays (around 6) over my face to help it look more finished and also when my makeup is starting to wear off I blott off my oil with a tissue give a quick few sprays and then re-apply powder (either spray first or powder) and my makeup looks more fresh again. I haven't noticed any smells and the product doesn't seem to leave any residue behind.
PROS: Can help makeup wear time but only very slightly, great at finishing off makeup for a less powdery / cakey look, helps to refresh makeup when a top up is needed, quite cheap
CONS: Not very nice ingredients (parabens)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by parisforme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually repurchase this product over and over again. I absolutely love it, although I do not think that it makes your make-up stay on longer, it does however make your face less 'cake' like & reduce the appearance of over powdering.

I wish the bottle was better looking. It just looks bland and boring, but most E.L.F products do. I also wish they would make a bigger bottle! I go through these bottles left and right.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked this up on a whim because I've had a lot of success with other ELF products lately (obsessed with their studio brushes) and was pleasantly surprised! I'm not sure if this actually makes my makeup last longer, but it does seem to set makeup and provide a dewy finish... it's almost like it further blends everything. For that reason, it's also great for refreshing makeup that no longer looks fresh. The very first time I used it my sister asked me right away what I did differently with my foundation. This has definitely become an essential for me on nights where I wear full makeup (liquid foundation, highlighter, contour powder, blush, bronzer, sometimes powder, and eyes done). The bottle is a small enough size though that you could easily carry it around in your purse to help refresh your makeup during the day. I typically only wear tinted moisturizer most days, so I don't use it for that and I see the bottle lasting me a good while since I only use 1-2 sprays. Not that it needs to since it's $3 at Target. Anyway, LOVE.

I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 because I don't think it actually boosts staying power very much and because I have trouble getting it to spray evenly across my face. But that might just be user incompetence and unreasonable expectations, haha. Seriously, give it a try, although it is DEWY so is not for those who prefer a matte finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Amritkapoor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mist spray is just ok. Nothing special about it at all, in my opinion. Mac fix+ and evian are much better. The price is great but I just don't think the product is great. I would rather make my own with glycerin and water than using this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Jberkeley20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so happy I bought this spray! I was going to buy the Urban Decay spray that is like $30, but I decided to give this a try first, and I'm so happy I did. It sets my makeup perfectly all day and gives me a wonderful dewy look. It even keeps my mascara from flaking. Would absolutely buy again!