July 25, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all it's worth, VA (B30) is very easy to apply, provides sheer coverage and smells divine. I love the way it corrects the blemishes on my skin and make me look like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks very natural. The only gripe I have is that it broke me out real bad. I guess I'm going back to mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

At first application, I loved it. It was light and I didn't feel like having anything on my skin. I looked great. But, only after half a day, I had to wash it off at my work!!!! my face became really oily, and the fresh look is gone within only few hours. The next day, my face was full of small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible!!! also, I got few big cystic acnes around my chine!!!!!!! I really regret it put this on my skin, I should knew it better. Something within the chanel makeup and skincare just do not fit with my skin. If you are acne prone, really be careful with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I like this foundation but hate the scent. Though it is light I find it too be a bit cakey after the day wears on. I like Est�e Lauders Invisable better for summer.... Maybe I will get this in the winter cause it does provide more coverage than ELI and does has a SPF which I do like but a bit too heavy for me and much too scented for the hot summer months. I rate it my second favorite foundation. Update. After wearing this I noticed it cakes around my nose and makes me look older. Withe that said plus the terrible rosé scent I will not wear again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say? Everything about this foundation is perfection! The way it spreads on the skin, the scent, the coverage is great despite the ultra light texture, even the price isn't the usual insanity from Chanel! And the plastic bottle is robust enought to be always around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mild rosacea. My cheeks, nose and even down to my jawline are permanently reddened plus I have red spots. I've been sticking with medium to high coverage foundations, so I scoffed when a friend suggested I should try this one. Surely such a light foundation would not work for me. Boy, was I wrong.

Every time I put this one on I am amazed at how great my skin looks. Now don't get me wrong, it does not completely cover my redness. But somehow it blends it in so it looks like a healthy glow instead of damaged skin. I have noticed that it doesn't look as good if I try to build up the coverage - it will get kind of patchy and builds up on dry spots and fine hairs. It looks best on me with one light, even coat. It does behave nicely over concealer, so if I want better coverage I use my trusty Lancome maquicomplet over the red areas, blend it in with a foundation brush, and let it set before applying the foundation. I know most people say to use fingers to apply but I really prefer a brush application. I like my Sephora pro 56 best with this particular product. The only time I use my fingers is if I am touching up. It feels so light on the skin, like nothing at all.

I am pretty pale. I am lighter than the lightest shade in most foundations and I HATE that line at the jawline where it doesn't match. But I read here about using the Le Blanc sheer illuminating base to lighten foundation. It works great! I apply it to my face with a foundation brush, and then work the foundation into it before it can dry, and it makes B10 a perfect match! I'd say that this shade is a neutral than leans yellow rather than a true yellow base like the Shiseido ochre colors.

Yes, you have to shake the bottle. Whenever I shake it, I tell myself - it's like a bottle of mustard! Shake, shake, shake and when you are pretty sure it is good, shake it some more. Works for me. I am personally not opposed to the plastic bottle at all. It lives in my medicine cabinet so I don't care how it looks. I'd rather have a lightweight, portable bottle than a big heavy breakable glass bauble. I think the bottle is opaque because it probably looks really gross when it separates, but it should be obvious you are running low - you'll feel it when you shake it. Everyone keeps talking about how small the bottle is, but I checked my other foundations - they are 1oz, so is this. So you are getting the standard amount. It's just an optical illusion.

It has a scent but I don't find it offensive and I only smell it during application.

Price - this is right in the same range as other department store foundations. So it's not cheap but it is far from the most expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sarahsweety566

after reading all the reviews about this , i run to sphora wth not qustioning how it would be on my face !! i tried it there it was the exact match to my skin and i hated that ! i feel that i look ugly , i usally take a one shade darker than i am , but was so stupid and done the same mistake by buying the exact match !! :( i dont know wht to say , it feels natural like beuond wht u acxpect wht elss i tried it from 10 to 4 and no one knowtest it !! which is relfeing but ** anyoing in the same time ,but when i told them they said it looks perfect ,, for me i am not comfortable with it at all i still feel naked ugly and wish if i bought a darker undertone, my advice is to try the prodcut befor buying it and dont buy anything if ur on a rush !! trust me

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful foundation, especially for dry skin! It is extremely lightweight, almost 'air-whipped' feeling, especially when put on with a foundation brush. The consistency is supposed to be lighter than the Vitalumiere, but I find it gives a touch more coverage. When applied with fingers, it can feel like a tinted moisturizer, great in the summer :-)

I have recently become a more combination skin type, with extra oil in my T-Zone, and when using this it congeals around that area, so definitely do NOT recommend for an oily/combination skin type.

Always shake before applying as water can run out!! Cute little bottle also, better than a big glass jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love love it. This is my winter/spring foundation. My color is B30. I love the light weight and light coverage very natural looking. The only con is $45 before tax. I will buy this again for winter and spring time. If you like to wear medium to full coverage foundation pass on this foundation. This foundation is sheer coverage only. This foundation not good on oily skin, it will not last that long.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by graphicfighter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on a whim early this year as I was looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. As soon as the Chanel girl applied it for me (BR22), my skin was glowing from within. Damn, I was sold. I'm not a foundation girl, but when I set my mind on something, it's all or nothing. Chanel did not disappoint.

Lightweight fluid texture, SPF protection, natural coverage, long-lasting, non-comedogenic and crystalline fragrance (typical from Chanel products). Expectations filled and beyond. It's magic in a bottle. Redness? Gone. Pores? Vanished. Feeling? Naked. Due to the water-based formula, you can simply apply this foundation like a moisturizer after shaking the bottle for a minute (the product can be very runny otherwise). No fuss. It gives inimitable "second-skin" perfecting results as advertised. So accurate that I'm actually surprised it's not labeled as a High Definition foundation.

I usually am all for organic products but there are some like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua you just can't say no to after trying them. Trust me. I was a bit wary as to how my skin would react on a daily usage but even after a 2 weeks test, I did not break out a single bit nor felt itchy at the end of the day. This doesn't mean the composition is clean (far from it) but it's a product my skin can tolerate.

Even though I save foundation for the big days as I feel confident/lazy enough to go out "naked", Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is my beauty hack when I want to look flawless. In daily life, I'd rather use my organic BB cream for that extra oomph while keeping my skin on the safe side. One lippy down for the hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh wow, I love this foundation! For one, the colour match is perfect for me (BR20 for NW20). The formula is very light, easy to apply. Coverage is light to medium, and the finish is very natural. It doesn't look like foundation, and never looks cakey. I found it applies best with the Beautyblender. The scent, like much of Chanel, is gorgeous rose. Not fake rose, but the rose you would find in your front yard. The packaging isn't exactly high class, but I'll take a compact, easy-to-travel-with plastic bottle instead of high-maintenance glass. Overall, it may just be worth the high price point.