September 1, 2014 | 1015 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product had a lot of hype around it, and i was really excited to try it. However, I was very much let down by this foundation. The foundation has a light and watery texture. It has a scent, not overpowering, but noticeable. I would have preferred no fragrance but it doesn't bother me that much. I was aware before ordering that this would not have the fullest coverage, more of a light-medium, but this did not cover anything for me. The shade i chose (20 beige) is an okay match, it goes on quite orange at first, but then sort of blends to my shade after a couple minutes. It look very greasy when i applied it, though i did shake it beforehand, but it did turn more matte after it sat for a minute. It's an okay foundation, but i was expecting much more for the price. I will try it with a foundation brush next time (i used hands) and without a moisturizer ( i used a light layer, but my skin is slightly oily so sometimes i don't use it and i'm fine) and maybe even a primer to see if my opinion at all changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by lcosta42

First of all, every time I wear this foundation I get compliments on my skin! This product makes my skin look healthy and glowy (in a really good way), and not greasy...as I have combination skin it's a concern for me. It has a medium coverage, it covers redness and hyper pigmentation with a small amount (I normally apply 4 drops of it with the sigma flat kabuki brush). The staying power is great. But I'll say that it can be a little bit to moisturizing for a extremely hot and humid day, nothing that a good blotting paper or face powder can't fix. Also it does have a subtle florally scent to it, but it goes away as you apply it. The only thing I don't particularly like about this foundation is the fact that it only has SPF15, for this price I'd expect it to have a higher SPF. One thing to keep in mind if you're thinking about buying this, is to make sure you test it on your face and let it settle for at least 30 minutes, as it tends to oxidize a tiny bit over time. The packaging is great for traveling and it's makeup bag friendly, as it's made of hard plastic and it's small. Overall, it's a light foundation on the skin, but provides a very decent coverage and a beautiful and healthy looking finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this for over a year but did not use it too much. I think I purchased and it was fall and sort of put it away till summer. This summer I have been firmly in my "less is more makeup" for skin and started using it.

the bottle is small. it is priced for Chanel products. but, it gives me great skin with no telltale "foundation". and this is what I love and what I need now. I am way past the cover me with Studio Fix until I feel smothered. I have been through the EL Heavy coverage (hey, I still love this product and keep it on hand for evenings or public appearances because it is an excellent and perfect finish too). but for daytime I do not want heavy coverage but perfected skin.

I use this over YSL primer -- or Hourglass and have no problem with pilling or splotchiness. It is perfect. I mix a few drops of B12 with #2 and get just the right shade for me now. I think the B12 has the pink indicator which although I am light and yellow, this gives me the perfect pop for my skin now. I moisturize my skin, use eye cream and sunblock (never bought into the BB,CC, DD drama) and then apply with my fingers. It works beautifully.

Any powder I use is of excellent quality and only on my T zone -- and my cream blushes are working perfectly and naturally over this foundation.

would I purchase again.. I already have. Numerous times.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a good foundation but its too expensive so its not worth all that money. do not wear it with primer coz it becomes more cakey and doesn't blend well with your skin as chanel advises in their little tiny catalog. you can find similar foundations for example tinted moisturisers for cheaper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Although I can justify expensive makeup, something about expensive foundation doesn't sit right with me. Sure, it could make my good skin look flawless, but what if it spoils? Plus, I have many other foundations to use up. However, I swapped for this because Shameless Fripperies convinced me to try it.

It looks very natural. My skin is very good, with some redness around the nose right now and a few flakes in the wintertime. I got B40 (thought it would be too dark since I'm back to NC30-35, but it's perfect).
Everything is evened out, it feels super lightweight, and can subtly blur hyperpigmentation/dark spots and holds a concealer well if you want extra coverage. For me, it looks like a medium coverage and feels like a tinted moisturizer. The redness around my nose needs a second layer, but that's a given. I have no problems with lasting power when used with primer/powder. Obviously, it would probably slide off if just worn alone. I love the bottle and how you have to shake it up, and how it can dispense any amount you want precisely.

I would suggest this for ladies with dry to normal skin with no major skin issues.

I put that I would repurchase, but I have so many other foundations to use. This is definitely the best "lightweight" foundation I've tried and I love it more than MAC's face and body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A staple for me now. The older I get I realize I need coverage which looks light and fresh -- not cakey or heavy. I am on my 3rd bottle (summer color is a 2.0).. winter is the 1.2 or 1.0. I love the small bottle as it fits easily into my travel gear and it dispenses easily.

coverage can be built up slightly -- but it will never look cakey which is a look I do not want. I do like to use a bit of translucent powder in the T zone to mattify but this foundation is so good on my skin that it works with a matte look or with any of my hi-lighters for a dewier look during the day.

I will continue to repurchase and hope Chanel does not disc this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lynpett

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We'll Ladies, this foundation works wonders for me. I have been using Armani and I like that, too, but this one works better for my skin. If you have dry skin or skin that needs a lot of coverage, then this isn't for you. I have pretty good, but oily skin. This foundation makes my skin look flawless and air brushed. I don't oil up all day, but carry some Chanel powder just in case. It is summer now so I'll see how it works in the winter months when I am not quite as oily. In the winter, I may switch to my Armani, but until then, I'm sticking with this stuff. Love it.

After weeks of use, this is my staple now. I find other foundations look heavy comparaed to this. This gives me a natural, flawless, glowy look. Just love it and it is all I use now. I finally have found a foundation that works for me. At 72, I can't tolerate heavy or powdery foundations on my skin. This takes years off. Won't work if you don't have good skin to start with, though. It has simplified my routine. Sometimes I powder a little over it, but often do not. Just add some blush and I'm ready to roll.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Mrswhiskerson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on well. Could use a higher SPF. Smell is offensive but does go away after a time. Nice natural coverage. Blends well. Does wear off as the day progresses.

I have an extremely difficult to match skin tone and most foundations look orange on me. When Perscriptives was gone, I despaired at ever finding a match again. One of the beige roses works for my skin and does not turn yellow or orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all it's worth, VA (B30) is very easy to apply, provides sheer coverage and smells divine. I love the way it corrects the blemishes on my skin and make me look like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks very natural. The only gripe I have is that it broke me out real bad. I guess I'm going back to mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

At first application, I loved it. It was light and I didn't feel like having anything on my skin. I looked great. But, only after half a day, I had to wash it off at my work!!!! my face became really oily, and the fresh look is gone within only few hours. The next day, my face was full of small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible!!! also, I got few big cystic acnes around my chine!!!!!!! I really regret it put this on my skin, I should knew it better. Something within the chanel makeup and skincare just do not fit with my skin. If you are acne prone, really be careful with it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No