April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by FLilyJonesWALES

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think this mascara is brill! It gives you super long, defined, and dark eyelashes. As for the lash growth complex, I didn't notice any change in my lashes and I have some friends who use this and they haven't noticed a change either, which is quite bad really, as that is what it says it is supposed to do. I like how it makes my eyelashes feel so silky and smooth, like your wearing long falsies. This doesn't give much curl which is what I need as my eyelashes are flat as a pancake, but if you use a cheapy eyelash curler before the results are amazing. I adore the packaging (apart from the lettering rubs off quickly!) it is quite pricey in Wales (UK) about 7-8 pounds which on my budget is a bit too much, good product though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say I do like this. The formula isn't too thick and makes my lashes look longer and slightly fuller. I can put on 2 coats with no clumping (haven't tried more). I'm not crazy about the brush - I find it awkward. But the thin end does get the small lashes in the corner of my eyes. I'm just not sure why one side of the brush is flat. It's mostly just a small nuisance because I have to look for the the round side instead of just pulling it out and using it. Can't yet attest to the actual lengthening powers of the mascara and frankly I don't have high hopes anyway- its still just a drug store mascara! A good price though ($7) and a good formula. I might buy it again - I like to try new ones a lot but if nothing else looks good I'd pick this one up.

Edit - I've also noticed that less lashes are falling out. I've noticed 1 (!) so far, and typically I might notice 2 or 3. Could just be an eyelash cycle thing? Who knows. I still like this mascara and think it's worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by saharanights

This Rimmel mascara is the best I have ever used! It is replacing my Definicils(used with Cils Booster xl). I've learned about this mascara from youtube makeup gurus who raved about it. So out I went to the closest CVS to buy it and I'm so glad I did!

This is much cheaper than Lancome Definils but it performs way better for me. My eyelashes are lifted, separated, defined, volumized and gave me super looong lashes! They almost look fake and I only coat 2 times, if I want an even more dramatic look I put 3 coats but no more than that as it will start getting clumpy. It does take a bit longer to dry than regular mascaras but this is not a problem nor a deal breaker really.

About the lash growth feature, I've been using this for almost a month now. I noticed my lashes are darker and have more curl to it. My right eye definitely have grown longer lashes especially at the outer corner but my left eye not as much. Hope it will catch up eventually. >.<

Anyway, this is a very good quality mascara IMO and will save me a few bucks without downgrading. To me, this is an upgrade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am happy enough with this that I feel no need to stray and try other mascaras. What i look for in a mascara is length and definition, and this fits the bill. Bought both the full and the tapered brush. I like both equally. When the time comes I will definately be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Makes my lashes appear longer (but doesn't really make them much longer). Flakes a bit around my eyes. I also like the wand.

I like wearing this formula at work during the day since it makes my lashes more noticeable, but, nothing too obvious (this isn't a voluminous mascara).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome! First of all it does what it says instantly, it gives loads of length but unlike most lengthening mascaras it adds a good amount of volume too! You really only need one coat of this and it's also really good at defining, it looks like I have loads of lashes! So the other part of this product is the "lash growth" treatment. Here's the thing it says to give it a month, it's been a week and already I've noticed a big improvement. First of all only one lash has fallen out since I started (I pulled on it, my fault) and my eyelashes are super soft and definetly longer like it's really noticeable I'm not sure they'll get to 121% longer, that's crazy but there's a big improvement and it's only been a week! I have to say I do miss using waterproof like I usually do but only because I often sleep in my makeup. (yeah, yeah I know it's bad whatever.) and in the morning i have flakes all over my face, which with waterproof dosn't happen. Anyway I get that I bring those flakes on myself for sleeping in my makeup and aside from this I can live without waterproof since this holds curl, lasts 12+ hours and so far hasn't spazzed all over my face at the first sign of water. Some extra info, the wand is a Teddy bear brush very thin but a little too long, and there's always that awkward glob at the end that gets on my eyelid even if I try wiping it off. That and that the packaging is ugly are my only complaints. The bottle's brown with this fugly green metallic, I mean why can't the bottle be pretty too :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't the worst mascara I have tried but its not one of my favorites.I didn't notice any eyelash growth from using it nor did my lashes look long and thick when I had it on.It was average at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is one of my favorites! It makes my lashes really long and defined. It doesn't thicken them much, but it's good enough to be worn without a thickening mascara. I would surely purchase this again. It's great drugstore mascara!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

This could very much be my one true love... of mascaras. I, like many people. am on the constant search for great mascaras (but my search might be over). High-end, drugstore everything. Nowadays (college student), i find it hard to justify high-end mascaras, but that is my opinion. Anyways I'll get to the point, I have decent lashes, length and volume wise, so I look for mascaras that enhance both. Although this is labeled as lengthening, it does give my lashes volume as well. It is a little wet at first, but this is the least clumping mascara I have ever tried and no transfer under my eyes even after 12 hours. I have not noticed any growth in my lashes, but I have noticed that my eyelashes fall out less. My only problem is the cap, unlike most mascaras, it is a thinner plastic, so it started spliting and eventually broke off so it doesn't screw on. However, I have to admit this is after more than 3months with the same tube, which I know is a beauty sin or whatever, who cares. So, if you throw out your mascara more often than me you should be fine (and I have a heavy hand which doesn't help). Last thing I have to mention is the price, it's not too bad, $7 something at target, when some of the other popular ones are $5ish, totally worth it especially if your are replacing 2 or 3 with this 1.
**UPDATE**
I realized that brand new tubes are a little too wet and take about a week to dry down a bit, but for me it is totally worth it and I think it does help my lashes more than I had previously believed. I will continue to re-buy as long as they make it (hopefully forever).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

really good drugstore mascara, gives a good amount of volume and length, don't know about it making your lash's grow longer though, the only con's would be that the formula is really wet so it takes longer to dry and im not a big fan of the packaging