July 28, 2014 | 917 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Destiniezepeda

Saw this mascara on a YouTube video and had to get it. I ordered it on drugstore.com for $8 which is a bargain for the quality. I have used numerous high end mascaras which do not compare to this one. My lashes are pretty long by themselves so I look for added volume and darkness mostly in a mascara. This mascara adds both beautifully plus gives me some added length. This mascara in carbon black is a staple in my makeup regimen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara to me was mediocre. When used on its own, it didn't lengthen my lashes or give it an attractive appearance. It claimed to contain biotin and I've used it for a month for my lashes to grow. My lashes are still the same length they always were. I give it a 3 because it's a very rich black mascara and you can pile it on with other mascaras to give you the look you want to achieve. But, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Greep Cap: I first tried the version with the green cap and, after a little work with another mascara brush to remove the excess and clumps, and sometimes a pin to separate lashes stuck together, this mascara did a good job at lengthening. Did my lashes grow? Not that I could notice.

Black Cap: After running out of the green cap version, I tried the black cap thinking it was the same forumula, just a different top. Not so much. Clumps. Spider lashes. Too much work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by leesaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara was pretty good, in my opinion. It did a good deal of lengthening and it didn't clump. I actually DID see lash growth going on. I used the product for around 2 months (But not diligently. I missed a day here and there, sometimes consecutive days). Nonetheless, I saw growth. Big high five to that.

Two bummers: (1) This mascara can't hold a curl. (2) A lot of flakiness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sunny08

This my first mascara from Rimmel and after using it (or attempting to use) for three months I have to say it wasn't that good. The mascara itself wasn't bad it was mostly because it didn't work with my lashes. My lashes are really thick so this mascara being very watery only made them drop when I curled them as if I wasn't wearing any mascara. It does not hold the curl. The only positive thing I must say about this mascara is that it gives a nice length so if you are looking for a lengthing mascara this is really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by janerhays

Lengthening - It says after 30 days your eyelashes are longer. Im not sure they're terribly longer but more consistent in length and they don't fall out as often as they used to. Even if they dont make them naturally longer you can almost build a stack I swear and it's the least clumpy formula I have ever had. I'm just getting a new tube and my last tube is barely drying out now (3 months later).

Volume - not the best BUT Really good for multiple coats. It's somewhat thin but the brush is really tiny and thin with lots of bristles that aren't little plastic cones so they apply a decent amount and get closer to the root and the smaller lashes. Also great for bottom lashes. If you want volume you'll need a few coats though.

Clumps/Coats - At first it takes awhile to dry so I'd get it on my lids but I would just finish and touch up w a q-tip with no troubles. Seems to last awhile because I always use 3+ coats everyday or twice a day and it's very rare for a formula to last me this long especially without getting dry and clumpy! And the brush is still in like new condition!

Color- I originally had "black" cause I didn't know they had extreme black (which I got today and am SO excited for). But regular black was blacker than  DiorShow for sure... Probably most mascaras. I'm hoping the extreme black is like Diorshow blackout or Maybelline blackest black as I love super black mascara.

Lasting - Staying power is really good. It NEVER flakes off during the day for me and doesn't run (unless in the shower or you cry a lot... But I don't have (and haven't seen) the waterproof kind.  In terms of later in the day a lot of other mascaras clump lashes together. This has the be the first one I have found that truly doesn't! My lashes are much more feathery looking almost like a little fan instead of spikes. For me I am weird and often break off the ends where mascara is with most mascara and only do that now the morning after IF I sleep in it (shame on me anyway). Touch up coats later in the day.... Eh not the easiest, but doable. I always think that looks bad compared to fresh anyway. Easy removal and doesn't burn in my eyes or and I haven't noticed a funny smell (though I haven't sniffed it haha.)

Cheap(er) than department store. Sort of pricey for drug stores. I think it was like $9 when I got it at Target but anywhere here (I moved to the UK) sells for the equivalent of like $13-15. But totally worth it I say and still pretty cheap!

Overall - I've had more compliments on my lashes and questions about if they're real than I've probably ever had. It's not the most volume but it has the fewest clumps or flakes without looking wet. If you like feathery long and dramatic lashes (how can you not?) I do recommend. If you like natural looks you may like it with fewer coats as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Vergey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I used it on my eyelashes, bottom and top, and also on my eyebrows to fill them in with a little brush I have.
It DID naturally lengthen my bottom lashes, and my eyebrows, but for some reason not my top lashes. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and it's already noticeable.
I'd recommend it. It's one of the finer lash products I've used, and for a cheap price.
It doesn't thicken lashes though, only lengthens, so when I bought it I also bought the volume mascara of the same brand and make, which so far hasn't really volumized my natural lashes, but makes a good pair with this mascara to thicken what this one doesn't.
Give it a try, and if it doesn't work for you move on to the next one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm new to wearing mascara, well cuz I really don't wear makeup. But I decided a few months ago to try wearing mascara. I've read some good reviews about this so I gave it a try. My verdict, I definitely don't think it's the best mascara out there (I hope! cuz I'm still in search for the best one). I would say it's a good mascara esp for it's price. I didn't like it at first, but it clamps less as I continue using it. It didn't give me the long lash effect I've always hope for (I'm Asian and I have very short straight lashes). But, I notice last week after I took off my mascara, my lower lashes longer than it used to be. So whatever formula they put in that mascara is somehow working. I wanna try a different mascara but I'm not sure if I want to stop using this one since it helps my lashes grow longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Really nice, light but very lengthening and clump free. Took a lippie off because it smells bad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ReaganLizzie

This is a wonderful product! better than any maybelline mascara I've tried or designer. It truly lengthens lashes and does not clump as long as you don't put too much. It's very good if you want an everyday, nondramatic look. The reasons I took off a lippie are 1) it does not lengthen your natural lashes as the packaging says 2) It doesn't do a whole lot for volume, which takes away from the "wow" factor. But it is still lovely mascara!