September 24, 2014 | 1543 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this foundation for about a month now. I have been a loyal user of Revlon Colorstay for 4-5 years, but I wanted to try something new, and also something a little cheaper. This advertises as 25 hour wear. Not sure if it really lasts that long, but it definitely lasts a good 15 hours without any smearing or transferring.

Pros:
Long lasting, and I have oily skin
Does not seem to break me out, my skin is clog prone
Very light sweet scent, not irritating to me
The squeeze tube is easy to control the amount of product you want

Cons:
Very thick, much thicker than Colorstay, I use very little and apply one section on my face at a time with the elf flat top powder brush.
Limited color selection, I have ivory, which is just a tad light, but I can make it work with some blush and bronzer.

Overall, I am happy with this foundation. My biggest concerns are that it will last a full day and it will not break me out, and this foundation passed both tests. Because it is a few dollars cheaper than Colorstay, I will probably keep purchasing this for awhile. I don't detect much difference in performance with the Colorstay, except this foundation is much thicker and harder to spread.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great lasting drugstore foundation for people with dry skin. It's not perfect by a long shot, but among the other (German) drugstore foundations I have tried, it's a clear winner. Sadly Rimmel has pulled out of continental Europe so it is a bit harder to find here, but even with shipping and handling, it still would cost less than, say, a 30ml bottle of Mac F&B.

Background: I have dry skin, I don't need coverage, I do need to even out tone and I'm middle aged (34). I apply all my foundations with a wet beauty blender. To date my favourite is MAC Face & Body in C3 (NC25), though that is not HG to me.

First, the coverage is very heavy duty - at least to me. I tend to prefer sheer foundations and this is exceedingly opaque by comparison, even sheered out with a beauty blender. Shade 202, Nude, is an almost perfect match to my skin - a rare find, that is, a foundation with very yellow undertones rather than pink or neutral. The consistency of the fluid is exceedingly runny, and I do shake the squeeze tube beforehand. I rated the packaging down because the thinness of the fluid means it practically bursts out of the tube uncontrollably if you store it on its head, which is very inconvienent. I'm not sure if the pump glass bottle is the older or newer packaging, but for a foundation this thin it makes more sense than the black squeeze tube, at the least. The scent of the foundation is lightly floral and fades quickly - not enough to disturb my sensitive nose, but enough for me to wish it had been unscented. Directly after application, it takes a minute or two to "settle" into my skin, and even then, I look like I rubbed my face in greased bacon despite my dry skin. Not a look you could walk out of the house with. I powder the shine down with a setting powder (ATM Maybelline FitMe) which reduces the slick to a fresh glow, and call it done. I've added pictures showing both the before powder and after powder to the review.

This is all a very underwhelming testemonial so far, but I still rate this foundation high for where it really shines - it actually does have a lasting finish. I've been testing it for the past 5 days in over 30 degree Celcius weather here for anywhere between 5-10 hours, with no air conditioning, doing mild exercise outdoors for at least 2-3 hours of that time. When I return to my house, I usually have rivulets of sweat running down the side of my neck. Despite this, Rimmel's foundation DOES NOT BUDGE. It doesn't even re-grease itself to its original application shine, though it does pick up a bit more of a sheen than when I first powdered down my face. Overall, it's incredibly impressive, especially for a drugstore foundation. It even transfers LESS than MAC F&B, which doesn't transfer much at all - at least judging from the state of my cell phone.

If you can stand having to powder the incredible unwearable shine down every single morning, and don't mind the thick, heavy coverage (even being sheered out), this turns out to be quite an incredible hot summer foundation. If you actually need that coverage, you'll probably love this. If you have oily skin, I'm not sure it would last so well, or that you'd be impressed with the "pigshine" finish it initially leaves. If you have dry skin, it doesn't dry your skin out further, which is good enough for me. There are many things that could be better about this foundation, but for the price it sells at, it's an incredible performer. I'm willing to take a few hits on what I'd call an HG foundation in order to save that money, and the performance is so far for me, unbeatable. I've tried Lancome, Dior, Catrice, NARS, Laura Mercier, Garnier and MAC foundations / tinted moisturizers to date and this is most definitely the longest lasting and sweatproof of them all. I've included an additional picture of the wear time in the reviews.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by KAZ48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I been using the expensive up until now. In a rush I bought this from my local chemist and I am well impressed. Nice colour nude for Medium skin tone, buildable coverage, not too Matt not too dewy, can blow nose without it all coming off and best of all it covers but looks natural. I like it, it's definitely no worse than the ones I've been paying a god Damn fortune for.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by gagaglam03

It feels so heavy, almost like I was wearing a mask! When applying it, it comes out too fast. After just 1 hour it was so oily on my face it wasn't even funny. Complete waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

I find that this foundation and the balm one has a very brown kinda orange undertone instead of pink which my skin is . The lightest shade is almost like a beige I reckon and if you apply to much it looks cakey. I think it's to dark for me I have fair pink skin. I don't love this foundation it dried quite quick but feels almost sticky on like it's just sticking to your skin. It doesn't glide on nice and smooth like others would. I do like the final finish it does look smooth and is a medium coverage but I just wish it was in my shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

It doesn't last 25 hours surprise surprise but it does have decent last power. It's got quite a thick coverage but it's not really matt which is often what you get. I have quite reactive skin and it didn't give me spots.

However it is really too thick for me and the lightest shade is a little too dark.
Eureka.
I also got the Rimmel Match Perfection in the lightest colour at the same time on offer. I blend them 50/50 and I get I think my HG foundation. The match perfection makes the foundation less heavy and lighter but I still get the same staying power and it looks really really good. I'm so chuffed about this I'm going to post it on the match perfection page. I've been using this combination for 2 months now, no spots, no dryness and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is the first Rimmel product I've ever purchased. I got this for $7 including tax!!! In reviewing a product I try my darnedest to not let price influence me - like "for the price, this is great." Is it great? Or isn't it?

I am extremely impressed with this foundation. I have sampled tons of foundations lately. This one provides great coverage. It did not settle into pores and only minor settling in the little lines around the eyes. It didn't irritate my skin or eyes and did not cause breakouts. I definitely felt it on the skin but it was tolerable. This was slightly drying on my cheeks which are drier and more sensitive than the rest of my face. This sheered out nicely with a little moisturizer.

The color selection is terrible. Shade selection and lack of testers/samples are THE reasons I hate shopping at mass retailers. I got lucky and found a decent match (a hair dark) and fortunately it did not oxidize.

It just so happened that Fate brought me to this as I was also trying Dior Forever Flawless. With very minor differences, these looked and wore exactly the same (same color and all). I didn't just take my word for it, I wore them side by side and got random feedback without saying what I was comparing. When the Dior set, It was more dull and ashy looking than the Rimmel like there is clay or something in it. I would say the Dior hid pores slightly better and was overall more comfortable on the skin. To others who are less picky than I, there was absolutely no visible difference. None. Zero.

I know this won't last 25 hours because it didn't last the entire work day looking flawless. It definitely started breaking down which is the reason I would not repurchase. It didn't wear off and leave me exposed but it definitely didn't look nice. Dior has many more shades available and you can usually get a sample. But, if you are on a budget or enjoy getting a bargain, try your luck here.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation as it was quite cheap and i had read it had a full coverage which was what I needed for my acne prone skin. I bought the foundation in ivory (lightest shade) and it was a complete different colour to my skin tone! I looked like i was wearing a mask literally. It was also very cake- was full coverage- but too much! I tried applying with a brush, sponge, my fingers but I couldn't get it to look nice at all! Wont be purchasing again and very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Madlauz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

FINALLY - my holy grail foundation.

ABSOLUTLEY incredible foundation - can be built up to full coverage, good colour match (I have extremely pale skin, 100 ivory is a perfect match). Great price, and used with rimels stay matte powder, it lasts a good 10 hours before any shine comes through.

I have tried 100000s of foundations : mac, make up forever, Elizabeth Arden, Estée Lauder... The list could go on forever.

Got it half price in pricelines Sale (aus) and as soon as it arrived, it had to go on. Boy I'm glad I took the chance after reading these reviews. It does not rub off on your hands, clothes or pillows (or your better half - love) once it's in your face, it stays there. Unbelievable.

Take the chance,it's so worth it!
Xoxo

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's doesn't last very long on the skin, it's orange, has poor coverage and doesn't skin into the skin at all its the worst foundation I have ever bought