BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 7/17/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I applied a thin amount only on my t-zone area and around my cheek area cuz thats where my pores are.. i still could see my pores after applying the full make up. nevertheless, it can make your foundation last longer than usual depending on yhe weather.. at the end of the day, even though my skin looks shiny but i still have my make up on.. besides i love how silky and smooth the texture is!

on 7/16/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yes yes yes..

This primer is wicked. It's better than the Smashbox Camera Ready Primer because it doesn't give me acne. Amazing.

It covers some fine lines that just appeared out of nowhere (30s are awesome! :/) and my foundation slips on my face and looks flawless. It can make you a bit shinny if you over apply so don't use too much! A little goes a long way.

Benefit packaging is always fun, so 5 stars for packaging.

I'm definitely repurchasing.

on 7/16/2014 11:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've wanted to try this product for the longest time, and finally spent the $31 (ridiculous! I'm a broke girl, after all) to take this baby for a spin. When it arrived, I was really impressed with the packaging. The rest of the product... not so much. Anyways. I tried it out and here's what I found:

Pros:
- cute packaging
- not greasy
- nice consistency
- easy to apply

Cons:
- expensive! it's a small tube that's probably not worth the $31
- silicone-y, almost gritty feeling on skin
- doesn't cover or hide pores

I wasn't too happy when I realized I spent a good chunk of change on a product that doesn't even do what it claims to do. This product didn't cover my pores at all, but just kinda smoothed them over. It didn't hide them at all, and it ended up looking like there was a layer of clear goo over my face until it settled into my skin. I've also heard that it breaks some people out, so I'm a little scared to continue using it.

Overall, in the words of Simon Cowell, "it's a 'no' from me".

I got a sample of this product from Sephora.I couldn't help but test it on my hand.Instantly my hand felt like satin because of the silicones in the product! I don't have many large pores but I do love this as a Primer.The next day I couldn't wait to put this product on my face.It not only made my makeup last, but it made the application of other makeup a much smoother process.So over all I WOULD repurchase this product and I plan to! The only thing that caught my attention was the price at 31.USD for the full and 10.USD for the mini size.

on 7/14/2014 5:00:00 PM

I think this product works best with oily /combination skin which I have. It is a wonderful base for foundation as it is really smooth, my skin feels like porcelain. It prevents my skin from looking oily, which it normally does after a few hours.
It also helps to give you a more natural appearance under mineral powder foundation which helps to avoid that too matte, 'I'm wearing foundation' look. I agree with other comments that it is very expensive, which is why I will be wearing during the Summer months only or on very warm days.
I would avoid using this if you have dry skin.

on 7/14/2014 4:14:00 PM

I had been given an open tube of the porefessional a couple years ago from a friend. I loved it then - it had real tint and so it added some colour tone correction on top of the primer. I used it only for special occasions as it was heavy, so it took a while to go through the tube.

I just bought a mini tube and it isn't the same. The new stuff has a tint, but is ultimately translucent. I can't find anywhere that confirms that they changed the formula ever, but this new stuff definitely isn't the same. I won't buy it again - I have other favourite translucent primers.

on 7/14/2014 12:02:00 AM

I received this as a sample in a Benefit beauty pack and was super excited to try it. It felt really nice and velvety going on, so I thought it was going to be a win! I have large pores and oily skin so this sounded like the perfect primer for me. Sadly, it doesn't really do anything for pores besides clog them and make you break out. Definitely disappointed in this product. Not worth even trying to me if hiding pores is your goal (or keeping clear skin).

on 7/13/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have large pores on my nose . This does nothing ! It makes them look filled with its blur technology, then apply foundations and bam, your pores are visible horribly . It also makes me break out if I put it anywhere but my nose . I also tried packing it after my foundation . Which did nothing but take my foundation off.

It's way to expensive to do this.

I found that the cheap dream matte mouse fills my pores on my nose much better for 10 bucks a pot and has coverage .

Really disappointed with this.

on 7/13/2014 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got to free samples of this product and I'm n

on 7/9/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me preface this my saying I love silicones. I love them in foundation and in primer. I have used & love Monistat Anti Chafing, Smashbox and Maybelline Baby Skin, & PF Spotless foundation -- all heavy on the cones.

This product gets a huge no from me for three reasons:
1) it's super expensive - though would pay if it made me look great
2) it made me break out - I places some along the lines around my mouth. 24 hours later - row of constellations. I am acne prone - but it's triggered by weather and hormones - not product. My skin is not sensitive at all - I use 10% glycolic acid, salicylic acid and all those cones -- and my skin says bring it!
3) it smoothed skin almost too much - almost like foundation had nothing to hold on to. Hugged my husband good bye and he had to change his shirt. This was used under CG 3 in 1 in winter. No reason for that to happen.

I have to concur with a previous reviewer. This is not a slam dunk for everyone. Ask for a sample and try out for a week or two before committing. Hope you have better luck with it than I did.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products