April 16, 2014 | 2043 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The Porefessional

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Not the absolute worst primer but about average and given the price that's not acceptable. Went on smooth but only one of my foundations looked quite right over it. Luckily I got the trial size as a freebie. I'm amazed by the average quality of BeneFit's over-hyped and over-priced products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by pailbluesea

I accidentally got a full-sized tube from a $5 sample bin. I have v sensitive skin, with large pores and sebaceous filaments and flaky parts and all the things that can derail foundation. This settles beautifully, erases my pores and makes my foundation look amazing, smooth and polished - I can definitely see the difference when I forget to use this in my makeup application. I haven't noticed it breaking me out. HG primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I thought this was great so I bought another tube but ended up returning that one when I bought another primer in the meantime and realised The Porefessional is actually pretty crap. It makes the skin beautifully smooth and soft to begin with but it seems to vanish in about three hours and my skin then felt as if there was nothing on it, yet more unpleasant than if it was actually bare. I don't normally wear foundation but when I did, this primer sometimes made it hard to apply and I had many tiny wee balls of foundation and primer on my face. Waiting or not waiting for the primer to dry/set made no difference. I struggled with dry skin for a wee bit and this made it look worse as well. No opinion on pores because mine are not very visible at all. I think primers need to be tried because how it worked on other people's skin can have no relation to how it works for you. Small tubes can be bought online or as a part of Benefit's many kits so I recommend to try this to see if it works for you. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by drok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

What kind of primer is this?? It oxidizes all my foundations. It helps foundations to stay longer only a little bit more. A silicone based moisturizer will do a better job than that. Such a waist of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer does kinda smoothen up the pores and I have large ones. It fills them in and blurs the skin a little. I use it under mineral makeup and it works well, I've also tried it under Guerlain Parure de Lumiere liquid foundation and it looked messy but this foundation is generally messy to me. Under Mat Velvet + it worked great.
Repurchase? Probably not, the effect is nothing miraculous really.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good stuff. I'm not big on primers, but I like the smoothing effect this has and it veils pores well. It feels velvety soft and has a nice scent. I'm not sure if it really makes a huge difference on how long my make up lasts though so I'm not sure if I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What people need to understand is that this is NOT an oil control primer! It's called POREFESSIONAL. It's targeted towards people who have an issue with pore size. This does not control oil, nor does the name claim to. If you want one that does then you have to look into mattifying primers. With that being said I love this primer. I have an issue with large pores around my nose and a little on my cheeks. Whenever I apply this primer my makeup goes on so much nicer and my skin looks more even and polished. My pores are gone! Since it's not an oil controling primer I set everything with my de-slick spray by urban decay or a shine control powder. This stuff does what it claims to do which is minimizing pores and it does it very well. I've tried lots of primers and this is the only one that I can actually notice a difference in how my makeup looks. Is it a bit overpriced? Yes. I wish it were cheaper since I'm a college student on a bit of a budget but I have never regretted splashing out the money and it also hasnt broken me out. I would say do your research before your purchase to make sure it's suited for your skin but I personally love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lilith1979

Although as other posters have commented this isn't the best for controlling shine, I love how it makes my pores look smoother and the texture of my skin appears to be evened out when I use it too. It's great under make-up, and the packaging is super cute, but then I love Benefit's packaging, I know I'm shallow, but it's what initially drew me to their range.

I wouldn't say this is one of their star products, Bad Gal Liner, Hoola Bronzer, or Benetint would take that crown for sure, and it's probably not even the best primer on the market, but it works slightly different to some of the other primers out there in my opinion, it appears to be lightly tinted which lends an extra evening out quality to the products texture.

It's definitely worth asking for a sample from your local Benefit counter to see if it works for you. I use it whenever I feel my skin needs an extra helping hand under my foundation and it makes my Bare Minerals go on smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is cute as most benefit cosmetics packaging are. It feels very powdery and smooth on my skin but I don't think it controls my oils. With it's price I don't think I would buy again. I'll search for other primers instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

I tried this on a couple of times, and every time I did try it. I would end up breaking out within the next day. There were days when it would work great and other days it seems like it did nothing for my face. So it was a 50/50 thing for me but I wouldn't try it again due to the painful pimples I would get.