September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by victoria1111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely the best I've ever used. I've tried every high end foundation for dry skin and this shockingly beats all of them by far. Dewy, flawless, easy to apply and lasts all day. WOW. Totally impressed!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because of all the good reviews. Unfortunately, it's pricey for a DS foundation, and I'm on a tight budget right now, and I HATE it.

My skin is NC15 (although I can wear NW15 in MAC and it looks fine) and I bought shade 143 Soft Ivory, which is ORANGE on me. Also splotchy.

I like to apply liquid foundation with my fingers. My sister, a passionate advocate for foundation brushes, tells me that it's no surprise that my foundation is splotchy and orange. Maybe, but I never had these problems with my old standby Dream Liquid Mousse foundation and I applied that with my fingers as well.

Ugh... really wish I could return this because it's totally unwearable. Now I have one more bottle of make-up cluttering my bathroom and will need to go buy new foundation. This time I'm sticking with something I know works for me. Ironically, I have really good skin so I feel like foundation has to do so little to satisfy me.

EDIT: I received a Clinique foundation brush as an early Christmas present and have since retried this foundation using a brush for application. Still awful. It doesn't blend well with my skin, makes me look "fuzzy" and is just generally obvious and unflattering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I typically prefer higher-end/department store makeup, although I am a fan of L'Oreal True Match compact foundation because of how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with warm undertones, and it tends to be a touch dry. I'm also getting closer to 40 so I'm starting to look for anti-aging ingredients. I bought this foundation to try since it came in a pretty bottle and looked more luxurious than most drugstore foundations, and because I'd read good things. It comes in a decent range of colors (I chose light ivory - close to my True Match W1), and it has plenty of "good" ingredients. The foundation itself is a thick liquid in a glass pump bottle. One pump is definitely enough to cover your entire face and jawline/neck. I misted my skin with Julie Hewett rose water, and applied this with a duo-fiber stipple brush. This is *not* a light coverage foundation by any means. I'm accustomed to mineral foundations and tinted moisturizers, and this is definitely medium to full coverage. I can't imagine if I'd applied it on dry skin with my fingers, I'd be wearing a kabuki mask. It dries very quickly, so you do have to blend fast. Blends nicely and covers everything, no need for additional concealer. Gives a very smooth, matte, finished look that lasts all day. I set with Clinique blended loose powder and it has lasted all day with very minimal touch-ups for shine. A touch expensive for a drugstore item, but this easily holds its own against higher end foundations by Lancome and Chanel, and is 1/3 the price. I'd call this foundation a drugstore alternative to Lancome Teint Miracle. This is a drugstore "must try" IMHO. Will definitely repurchase.

Edited to add: Applied this with a dampened cosmetic sponge and a touch of Boots Instant Radiance Balm mixed in, and got much more lightweight coverage. Still very beautiful and matte, and lasted all day. Definite HG drugstore status. Very nice.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Both this and the Smooth Absolute are gorgeous foundations. I think this one has slightly more coverage and is just a little less dewy. I love that they both have SPF and I love that this has a pump. I like to use these after a long night out or my skin is tired and I think they brighten and help my skin look luminous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Boy oh boy, am I happy I gave this foundation a fair shot. You never know with drugstore ones. Plus, my skin's so fair, the lightest shades are usually too dark and pink anyway. 143 Softest Ivory didn't look to be that way, so I tried it ...

SOFT IVORY 143 COLOR: NC15 is a little too dark for me, and I would peg this at being a trifle lighter than NC15. Soft Ivory 143 is maybe a smidgen too dark as I'm an NC10 (if this shade existed) - but I can get away with wearing it. Comparing shade 143 to the lightest 1.0 shade of MAC's new Matchmaster foundation, the Matchmaster is a little lighter than the Visible Lift.

TEXTURE & FINISH: I'd classify this as medium coverage with a semi-matte finish. I don't look cakey or made-up; it just looks like I've got flawless skin. I don't bother with powder as I don't care for it anyway - and that's fine because a few hours later, I'm just a little dewy.

LIGHTING ISSUES: I applied this in the incandescent lighting of my bathroom, double-checked the result in my fluorescent-lit kitchen, and gave my face a close look in my car's rearview mirror. The finish looks good and smooth in all 3 types of light.

PACKAGING: Faaantastic little pump. Love it.

Drugstore foundation under $15, ladies! I'm impressed.

** Fellow La Roche-Posay Anthelios users who have a nightmarish time finding cosmetically elegant sunscreen/foundation combos, I'll save you the headache right now: the SPF 30 spray goes really well under this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this for my mom, who has dry skin, but the color was too light for her so I kept it since I couldn't return it. I didn't think this would be good for my skin since I have very oily skin but its been great. It gives me great medium coverage without feeling like I have heavy foundation on my face. I have large pores and some old acne scars and this covers them really well. I live in humid S. Fla and this wears great throughout a whole 10 hours. It doesn't make my face look oilier but it isn't really a matte finish. Actually, the reason why I love this foundation so much is that it makes me look like I have natural flawless skin, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What is it with L'Oreal's foundation colors? They just can't come up with a warmer color selection for olive skin. Besides the limited color selection for my skin tone, this foundation made my skin look drier and older. The texture once applied is good but then it accentuates the poor skin texture. In fact, when wearing this foundation, my skin looks better if i was not wearing any foundation. It might be a good foundation for younger, oilier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ThisOldSoul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid foundation I have tried, and even though I still prefer to use my Meow Cosmetics powder foundation (it's just so much lighter on my skin), this is still pretty great stuff. It goes on very smoothly (I use a flat top brush), dries quickly and doesn't really migrate throughout the day. My only real complaint is that I noticed that no matter how little I applied it would always seemly cake around my nose area, which may have just been it accentuating dryness. However, since this is not a cheap drugstore foundation and I do like it, I've started using it as an under eye concealer and I love it! Instantly covers my dark circles and stays put! I'm so pale that I have major issues with under eye concealers that are peach toned, so I love that this does the job while also looking natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by divagrrl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! This provides better coverage than True Match, IMHO. I chose the lightest shade and it not only looks natural, but provides even coverage that really stays put.
I worked out and took a shower, and this foundation still looked fairly freshly applied- wow! I think this may be my HG. The shade selection is better than ColorStay and this has comparable coverage without that funky smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SageBrush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used the serum absolute with pro-retinol A + vitamin C for three months. I wear with Olay moisturizer, sunscreen and L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer under the Visible Lift. (I have dry skin and live in a dry climate so I need all the layers.) I've applied with a brush but, like finger application just fine. I obtain a smooth, light finish that I can build where needed. Looks natural and lasts until I take it off. Even stays on my nose and chin! Looks best with the Studio Secrets primer underneath.This is an ideal product for mature skin!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No