November 27, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ahmerst

I got two of these at Ulta for a buy one get one half off deal. The colors I got were dawn and Passion.

I've never used lip stains before, and after trying these I don't think I'll be buying them again anytime soon. Dawn was not very true to the color on the packaging, I felt, and it saddens me to say the closest color I could liken it to would be old period blood. Which, obviously, no one wants to have on their lips.

Passion was very true to the packaging, being a vivid, bright pink. Both of the lip stains went on fairly well, but they did definitely have a drying quality, which made for thankful for the balm that was included.

The color stayed very well for several hours without any need of touching it. But for me, these colors were too much. When I wore them I felt like they were unnatural and too bold, and that somehow they made my teeth look yellowed and bad (similar to how stronger red lipsticks can make your teeth appear funky). I returned them a few days later and picked up some tinted lip balm instead and am much happier now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great lip product. I have two colors: desire (good for every day) and victorian (darker color, good for night).
The stain lasts about 2 hours and then you have to reapply, depending on if you're eating or drinking or whatnot. The balm is great and very moisturizing but it's kind of weird that you can't retract it so you have to be careful when you put the lid back on. The packaging for the stain side is great though because it provides an airtight chamber so it doesn't dry out. The stain actually works as a stain - it doesn't rub off on anything. You do have to be careful when applying it though because once it's on it's on, you can't just wipe it off. I definitely recommend these because they are a fresh take on the evening red lip - it won't rub off on that glass of wine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

The most common problem is people not applying it evenly. You turn it on it's side to fill in your lips, and make sure your lips are soft and not dry. All lip stains will adjust to your personal color based on the pigment of your lips. Also, if you tend to have many cracks in your lips then stains will always collect in those. I have a few of the shades. Forbidden, Passion, and Flame seem to be the best for me. Most of the shades are too dark or have a purple tint. I believe Flame is going to be discontinued or replaced by Victorian, Mystical, and Instinct. Right now, Flame and Passion are the best shades they have in the line. The balm on mine had never snapped off- until the latest one. It could be the warmer weather making them do that, but it happened when I tried to open the ridiculous thick plastic wrap covering it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLadyBritta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst makeup product I have ever bought hands down. It was like trying to color your lips with a dried out marker.
It worked ok the first time until I looked in the mirror like an hour later and saw that I had great big splotches all over my lips. Then when I tried to reapply it, it wouldn't work at all.
The next time I tried to use it I ended up with only a stripe of color on my lips.
I never could get it to color my top lip, even from the beginning.
I am so sad that this product sucks so badly. I really loved the color.
Such ugly disappointment in such a lovely hope filled tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a few colors of this and my opinions on them are varied. First, I bought "Passion" which is a very pretty hot pink. I was a little disappointed when I figured out that the balm isn't a twist up, but just a weird little nub stuck on the end of the stick that is VERRRYYY easy to cut off when pulling off the cap. Regardless, the color won me over. Very pretty and pigmented but still natural and great on my skin tone. You can get different intensities in color depending upon how many coats you apply. No smell and no feathering and the color lasts forever, even after eating. I wanted a red color to do a pinup look, so I went with "Gothic". Ugh. Ugly and dark and drab and not at all flattering. Waste of money. I chalked it up to a poor color choice and bought "Flame", which is a red that's a few shades lighter. It's not AWFUL, but it's still sort of odd. It straddles the line between pink and red and it looks weird as the color wears off from the inside of your lips and stays pigmented around your lip line. Doesn't have nearly the staying power as "Passion" and the color isn't a TRUE red, and nor is "Gothic". I WILL buy "Passion" again, but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by idiewmil

pros:
- pretty natural
- cheap

cons:
- doesn't stay long on my lips (PROBABLY FOR ONE HOUR TOPS)
- can be drying
- not available in my country

overall:
i got this in passion, and it looks pretty natural on me, nothing fanciful. not exactly a lip-product sort of person, and i only ordered this online on a whim so i'm probably not going to repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by kurkur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this product, i bought it yesterday, it's highly pigmented, and it stays on for 24 hours or more, until now, as of typing this, my lips are like naturally reddish pink, and i only applied it once yesterday, rare application i think will make this product cost-efficient, i was able to buy it for 567 Philippine peso, or more or less 15 dollars. it's hard to remove though:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely horrible! I bought it for around $2 at CVS because the shade Lust was 75% off. The first time I tried it out, it was okay. The stain lasted pretty long. The color was way different than the tube (It was like brown. Not really wearable...) I figured I'd save it for days when I didn't want to reapply lip color. But now I can't do that...Because the marker end won't even work anymore! The marker is dried up and parts of it seem like they flaked off. I can't get any color off of it at all! I used it ONCE! I got this on clearance and I'm still really mad that it's completely useless. Honestly, if I had paid the full $10 for this stain, I would've returned it in a second. But even though it was on clearance, I'm still returning it. Please, do not waste any money on this product! It is CHEAP! Just a terrible product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by anonymousie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim, and am pretty pleased. I got the shade "Mystical" which I can't seem to find again (weird), but it gave me a nice natural-looking stain -- my lips, but amplified.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by InTone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this. When I first applied it, it was really nice, I liked it I admit. It really does last when you apply it right and let it dry. But when I took this off, the outer ring on my bottom lip dried in the oddest of way. There was nothing I could do to moisturize it or exfoliate. It stayed like that for about a week. And it was almost like my that part of my lip had these little, 'fried up pores.' I don't know how to describe it...It's probably just me though, I don't see anyone else having this happen too! If this has happen to you please, pretty please let me know!

UPDATE:
My lips don't do this anymore with this product...
BUT, honestly...it's way way too expensive. NYC has amazing ones for 4 bucks and I hear the new E.L.F. ones were pretty good, for 2 dollars. No matter how smooth and moisturized your lips are, it will always attach to some patch on your lips. I can never color in my lips fully,
I feel like I have to shake the crap out of the pen. Just, not a good buy. The color selection is very nice though. It has last me a while too and maybe if I need a good color in stain form, I'll look out for these. I just hope that drying experience I had last time never happens again! *shivers*