October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by emarshall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazed by this product! I had seen it in a tutorial of Lisa Eldridge and had it planted in my mind for a while. Since I have hooded eyes, when I wear lots of eyeshadow and eyeliner particularly it tends to smudge to the top of my eyelids throughout the day and my eyes generally end up looking like a big mess.
However since purchasing this product, I have been using it every single day and each time I am blown away by the results! I apply a thin layer and wait a few moments before putting on my eye makeup and it just lasts all day! My eyeliner no longer smudges, and my eyeshadow looks like I've just applied it! And it does not smudge at all, and from someone who rubs their eyes alot, its nice to know that you won't be ruining your makeup when your eye gets itchy!
In conclusion, I would seriously recommend this to anyone who just wants their eye makeup to stay fresh and last all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lizmcgugin

This stuff is great. I have oily eyelids And this makes my makeup stay put with no creasing all day and until I remove it before bed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this. It's easy to apply and blend out, lightweight, fragrance-free, and transparent. Once it's set it stays put and keeps my shadows and eyeliners from creasing, migrating, and fading. My shadows looks richer and more true to pan color when I use it too. I dab a little on my ring finger and work it onto my entire lid from lashline to brow. Although it sets fast it's not immediate so there's enough time to spread it out evenly first. I've had trouble with eye primers in the past irritating my skin and the experience really put me off primers for awhile. The UDPP burnt my eyelids so badly and caused flaking and stinging and hives. Luckily this hasn't caused any sensitivity in the two years I've been using it.

I wish the packaging were better since the cap seems so overly large in ratio to the tube that houses the actual product and that rubbery NARS texture gets so dirty no matter how hard I try to keep it clean. Also for me I've found that there's a very fine line with how much I can apply before I start feeling it on my lids all day. Accidentally swiping on too much makes my lids feel heavy and stiff and slightly uncomfortable. But these are small things that aren't really a big concern.

I don't use this everytime I wear eye makeup but I think it does help it look better and last longer so its worth the extra step. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ellejay1616

This is the only primer I have found that does not crease. It dramatically changes the wear of my cream eyeshadows and makes my powder shadow last for ages. I work in fast food so I am constantly surrounded by heat and grease and it holds up. My school is also a temperature disaster, as the heat/air conditioning is always messed up so the temp is always changing and still this primer manages to stay put! I wish I could wear my cream eyeshadows alone on top of this but the formula for the cream es is just not good enough. So I always have to top it off with powder es. Which is ok I don't really mind because I know it is not the primers fault. It is clear and has no colour so it is not so much of a correcting primer but regardless it is still fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Great eye primer. Texture is similar to my other 2 eye primer loves, the UD one and the Lorac one. Though I don't think this one dries out my lids as much as the UD. And it goes on white! Elongated the wear of my shadows about the same as UD and Lorac, about 5-6 hours before I see some creasing on my inner corners. Theoretically I would buy again, but this is so expensive for much less product so I probably would not ><

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow primer! I have super oily lids & have tried tons of primers- Urban Decay, Too Faced, Lorac, etc & this one works the best for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Many people have found the NARS eye primer to be a wonderful, Holy Grail product, but it didn't work out so well for me.

PROS I experienced were:
- The product dries quickly when applied
- Helps maintain the true vibrancy and colours of your eye shadows (eye shadow colours are not dulled or altered whatsoever, if anything, they are accentuated)

CONS I experienced:
- Slightly tight, heavy feeling on the eyelids, like a sealant. It's not an uncomfortable or painful feeling, but firm enough that you do feel it and know it's there
- Blending eye shadows is more difficult
- Packaging is impractical for hygiene
- AND most importantly: when applying eye shadow using side to side motions on the eyelid with a brush (e.g blending), the skin of my eyelid does not "bounce back", but rather, moves/flops from side to side with the brush. Now I don't have hooded or mature eye lids, and I don’t have “loose” skin on my eyelids. I have never experienced this phenomenon with other eye primers (e.g. Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, etc.). For some reason this only happens to me with the NARS eye primer. And it's not just eye shadow...when I apply eyeliner, the skin of my eyelid will bunch up in the direction that the eyeliner is being applied. It's a weird thing, and hard to explain...this is my primary reason for repurchasing this eye primer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

My HG eyeshadow primer:) I switch between this and UD primer potion, but being a NARS fan this ones my favorite. My eye shadow doesn't crease, smudge, or budge all day long! Enhances the shadow pigmentation and brightness. Glides on super creamy and a little goes a long way. Love the wand applicator for even blending.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great primer, but it works about the same as other brands for me such as Too Faced and Urban Decay. My issue with this product is the applicator. It is unsanitary and not as easy to use as a tube. I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

I have oily lids and I decided to give this primer a try about 6 months ago since Urban Decay primer seemed to mud my colors. I thought this primer was really great during the time I used it, though there were a few drawbacks. The first thing is that my lids would look a bit dry, I assumed this was normal and dry lids at least weren't oily lids. The other, is I noticed some of my eyeshadow didn't blend very smoothly over it. I knew it was the primer because I didn't have the same blending issues when I had used Urban Decay, or the shadow on its own. This helped my eyeshadow to stay in place all day and didn't seem to muddle any of the colors so I was happy to overlook that. However, recently I noticed my dry lids looked just plain crepey now after regular use with the primer on. They had become itchy as well. I found a new primer and came to realize what I was missing with the NARS. Overall, this is an average primer. It will keep your makeup in place and the product lasts a long time for the price but it's far from the best option out there.