December 21, 2014 | 1609 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use these pads regularly. About a year ago something prompted me to switch to a liquid remover that I use with cotton pads. I got sick of having to buy pads and last week, re-purchased these again. Well, Almay must have decided to cut costs because the remover pads are like 1/2 of the thickness they used to be. Where it used to be a fairly sturdy product that you could easily use to remove the makeup from both eyes, now it is totally flimsy. I think I'm going to have to start using one per eye, which is ridiculous. The remover still works, but with the tiny little thin disk of material, it's not at all "luxurious" taking it off! I won't buy these again - although I like the concept, I will try another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by xSunShiine

I love this stuff! I've been using it for years, and it's the only makeup remover I ever use. I like the scent too. (:

It removes waterproof mascara like it says, though I do have to do a bit of rubbing, but not so much that my eyes turn red.

I have had no problems with these at all, and they last a while for me, but I hardly ever wear makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The ONLY thing I want eye makeup remover to do is remove makeup and not sting. I have yet to find one that does both (a drugstore brand, I'm unwilling to splurge on a high-end eye makeup remover until I'm sure there isn't a cheaper dupe). This does not sting my eyes.. but it doesn't really remove makeup well. I had to use like 5 pads to remove all my eye makeup.. and I don't even wear a lot, I'd say I wear a moderate amount of eye makeup. It also smeared my mascara instead of removing it and I had to clean it up with cotton balls... aaand it kind of felt sticky after and my eyes were red from all that rubbing. No-go for me. I do like the packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by megs85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this porduct. I have re purchased it many times. It does what it say it will do. Sometimes the pads irritate my eyes but thats usually when the pad is too wet. I highly recommend these! Tip: if they are too dry...just turn the container upside down, that should get them more moist!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using these for years! They get most of my eye make-up off, but have a little trouble with heavy mascara. But these pads do work on the mascara enough so that my cleanser easily removes whatever is left. I love the way they smell. As other reviewers have noted, they are quite thin and sometimes you have to pinch the stack to get one off the top. They're not extremely saturated, but you can fix that by storing them upside down. They're small, but really the size is fine just for your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jasonshannon76

These pads are so good for removing makeup! I love them! The non-oily ones are the only ones I will use. The moisturizing ones are too oily.

Love them!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by amandamaerz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST STUFF EVER.... love thsi stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

This product is not good. The pads are not saturated enough and they are really thin, so you end up rubbing your eye too much and then it hurts. And then the makeup is still not removed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by bellalinda1805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't remove all of my eye makeup, and I don't even wear a lot through out a regular day. I also found the pads flimsy and I needed to use one pad for each eye. I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use to use the oily pads and they worked pretty well at getting the eye makeup off. Wanted something less oily and finally tried these. For me they did not remove my eye makeup. I just saw little slits of color on the pad. Used the oily one and still had some come off. Used Philosophy Release Me and even more came off. I do not like using Vaseline either. All of the products have required too much rubbing around to do a moderate job.
I look at the eye makup remover reviews and am starting to think that there is no such thing as a GREAT remover.
I use different mascaras and different times and still have the same problem.
If I have to work too hard at getting the eye makup off, I am sure I am damaging my under eye area.
This afternoon I am going back over reviews to see what to try next.