July 29, 2014 | 1697 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Careprost for 2 years. My lashes were thin sand sparse before. I am a Mature lady (69) and I have fabulous lashes. Since your lashes, like all your hair, goes thru two week cycles of growth, rest and shedding. My lashes change a little as I have seen many cycles pass. Sometimes my lashes are really long especially at the corners, and sometimes they are shorter, as the shedding process takes place. Now I maintain using it every other night. They will have to pry the stuff out of my cold dead hands!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by oyster480

I have been using this product for almost 4 months now, nightly.

Around 2 1/2 months I noticed my lashes were getting longer, noticeably, but nothing mindblowing.

At this point tho, I am noticing a lot of lash loss. Before my lashes were relatively short, however now I have weird gaps on both eyes. I noticed another reviewer mentioning this. I also have uneven growth, and the snuffleluffgus effect, some sparse looking, longer lashes on one eye. I know everyone's lashes are different, however these gaps are alarming me. I never had them prior to using careprost, and like I said, i'm noticing a lot of lash loss particularly when I wash my face, even though I am gentle around my lashes. I don't wear makeup daily, and when I do, I use Almay non waterproof mascara...

I am unsure why I am having these side effects with careprost. I will be discontinuing use. I also noticed a lot of darkening around my eyes and concealer is now a must. Before I thought the lash growth was worth it, but now with these sparse weak looking gappy lashes, forget it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Prior to using Careprost, I first used RapidLash. It lengthened my lashes only a little bit, so then I tried LiLash. I loved it! It made my lashes grow like mad and they developed a natural curl, which was awesome. Unfortunately after using it for about 4 or 5 months I started to lose lashes quite frequently and ended up with weird looking gaps. My lashes also stopped growing as long. I ended up using it for a year because I couldn't afford to spend a ton of money on something else and didn't know what to try. Finally I decided to give this a go since it IS a lot cheaper (despite the high shipping cost). At first I noticed that my inner and outer lashes were growing which I was very happy about but it seemed like not much else was going on. Once I hit the 8 week mark though, they had all really increased in length. I don't have as much of the curl, but that's not a huge deal. They're staying consistently long and I very rarely lose any lashes! No gaps! Yay! I also never experienced any eye irritation or itchy, irritated eyelids like I did with LiLash at first (and at random times throughout). It seems to be much gentler. I started using it at the very beginning of January, applied 1-2 times daily for the first 8 weeks, and now I apply every other night and I still have a LOT left in my first bottle. So it's very economical, even though you pay $25 for shipping. Because of that, I ordered two bottles at once. Good thing I didn't order any more than that because they probably would have expired before I got to them! I ordered from alldaychemist.com and paid $10 for one bottle and $11 for the other, because I got the brush with it. I actually really like the brush. It's firm enough to get the product where you need it, and it's not too thick or too thin. I just dispense one small drop onto the tip of the bottle cap and dip my brush in. Shipping took about a week and a half, to the midwest U.S. with no problems. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ak0311

I've been using this product for about two months now. I do see a little lengthening in my lashes but not as much as I thought I should have seen. I have to say that I don't use it every single day, but maybe once every two days. The price was ok for the amount that it came in, because I've been using it for two months already and I felt like I just opened the bottle because there are still so much inside. I do see both of my upper and lower lashes growing though, so I guess I'll keep trying and hope that it grows faster and longer than now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

**PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY**
I haven't yet used this product, HOWEVER, I did just get it in the mail and I will start treatment this evening. I will update results later. What I wanted to review SO FAR was the site I used. I did NOT use AllDay Chemist like most did. I went through a site called InHousePharmacy.Biz. You DO NOT need a prescription. They are McAfee Secure and shipped my product a day after I ordered it. It was shipped on 3/2/12 and arrived on 3/10/12! The whole process was flawless. I am not a rep for this company, I am just a normal consumer like you. After reading so many stories of credit card fraud and nightmare transactions from AllDay Chemist I was too scared I would get ripped off, so I did more research and came across this company. They are based near the Fiji Islands and claim 2 week shipping (mine was faster). The thing that sold me was the McAfee Secure site! I urge everyone wanting to get Careprost to use this company, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Normal 2 week shipping is FREE and one bottle is $30.00, but you get a small discount at check out. Two bottles is $47.00 but with the 5% discount I paid $44.65. The more you order, the bigger discount you get! I'll be sure to update my review on the actual product results once I start using it.
**EDIT** 14 days: after using Careprost every night, I can already see a difference. I'll be honest, I already have nice lashes to begin with, but I'm greedy, lol. Nothing major has changed yet, but I can already see a difference in length. With mascara, my lashes touched my brows before I began using, and now they are inching past the bottom of my brows. I used LiLash for about 2 years with amazing results before it seemed to suddenly stop working. After doing my research, I learned your body becomes immune to it. I started losing lashes in clumps and was devastated. With LiLash I experienced irritation and redness in the first week or so of using it. I have had NO issues with Careprost thus far. I cleaned and sanitized an old LiLash brush that I use for the drop of Careprost nightly and then clean the brush and the cap well (to house the drop) after I use it. Works fine!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mrscewat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ordered care Prost from all day chemist on feb.21 2012 and received product on march 12 2012 . It was nicely packaged and I love the price.I will be ordering again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Started using two years ago with fantastic results. Had slight irritation at first and there might be a slight darkening at the lash line, not really noticeable. Stopped using for three months and long lashes began to be replaced with normal growth, as expected.

Started use again in Dec. '11 and growth seemed to take longer, not as dramatic, and no irritation. Lashes are long again but am wondering about product quality now. Last time I cut back every other night to maintain without lash loss. Wonder if these newer bottles are too weak for that?

Overall happy with product.

Disclaimer: The above is only my experience with careprost and in no way should be taken in lieu of advice from a licensed physician.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by joya12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over 2 years. Amazing product for the price. It does make the eyelid a lil red but nothing drastic. I love my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Mars10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Careprost for a bit over a month now, and am very happy with the results. At the 4-week mark I can see obvious lash growth in terms of length and thickness. Thankfully the side effects have been minimal. Initially, I experienced dry eyes and a bit of redness. I continue to want to rub my eyes quite a bit which smears mascara when I wear it. Understand none of these side effects are intrusive enough to warrant my stopping usage.

I apply one drop to the top lashes only with my eye closed. The product also wets my lower lashes with this method. I am a bit concerned about others who use the well in top to hold their drop. It seems too easy to contaminate, so I use a clean, sterile contact lens case to hold my nightly drop then apply with a fine eyeliner brush. I avoid getting the fluid in my eyes. Direct application of drops to the eyes, such as for those who use it for glaucoma, are the ones who experienced change in iris color. (Apologize for the strange sentence structure there : )

Overall I am very satisfied with the results after only 4 weeks of use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bellydancer

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WARNING-- After using Rapidlash and then Careprost for over three years, I had a systemic allergic reaction to it that was pretty serious. In retrospect I should have noticed that my eyebrow swelled up one time after I swiped some leftover Latisse on it. I thought nothing of it. And then a month later, my eyelids were swollen and itchy and I had red splotches on my neck-- my doctor said it was hives and caused by high stress. Then just this week, I woke up with my eyes swollen shut. I took the Latisse to my doctor with me and he confirmed that was what had happened. In the next couple of days I had cortisone shots and then when I had some trouble breathing, I had a blister pack of steroids and triple my antihistamine doseage.

Anyway, should you ever have even a mild reaction (a little swelling on the eyebrow for instance), you should take heed!

No more Latisse for me-- although for three plus years it worked great.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No