April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is lovely. Really good coverage, but still natural, sheer and blendable. It gives a bit of a dewy finish but not too much shine. I've tried a couple of the others in the range, but think I'll go back to this one, once I've finished the serum version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I always used Mac NC15 foundations as my no. 1s, but during the last year my studenthood started being a bit harsh on my wallet so I decided to explore the waters of half as pricey Bourjois foundations.

Healthy Mix is currently my top used one - their lightest shade is perfect for my pale skin tone, giving it enough healthy colour but not a heavy coverage. It's easy to put on, not too streaky even when I am in a rush, and usually stays looking good most of the day. I am not used to re-applying my foundation during the day and this one gives me the luxury of not having to start with it.

It has a nice dewy finish, which makes me think I might need to switch to a more matte one this summer, also it's probably not a good choice for people with oily skin. Mine is combination and during the cooler months (which, here in Scotland, is most of them) this baby works perfectly. Also it doesn't leave my drier parts of face flakey, it feels quite good for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have got 53 (i use nc20), matches me good, its light in texture and last a few hours, it does not have SPF in it so i use it during night out (when Im not using MUFE), if i need to use it in the morning, i will apply sunscreen first then healthy mix. its an affordable good quality foundation. lasting power could be improve by using a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by laiwah28

I've bee using Mac NC25 for years. When the prices went up I decided to try a different bourjois because of the price and the reviews.
I bought shade 53, its not as yellowy as I'd prefer as I have oriental skin. However its defiantly a good close match. It feels light on my skin, and it is a subtle dewy effect, medium coverage. It lasts a little around 5/6 hours for me without powder (but I do have a oily t-zone), where as I got a few more hours with Studio fix.
Personally I think the apricot smell is pleasant and at 10 I will buy again and don't see the need to try other brands.
My only downfall is that because its a lighter coverage I go back to my Mac Studio fix for a night out.
Hope this helps xo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rachelk94

This is an amazing foundation! This would have to be the nicest texture and foundation I've tried. It applies beautifully and never looks cakey or thickly layered any excess wipes off. Smells of berries and leaves skin moisturised. For oily skinned people i would recommend powder over the top as it can be a bit shiny. I am shade 51 and will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hands down this is my HG foundation!!! I apply it with my beauty blender or mac 188 and I absolutely love this!! plus my dry skin adores it! First of all this does not dry out my skin which is rare because almost any foundation I try just sits on my dry patches.... (chanel vitalumiere aqua, vichy aera teint, armani maestro). So... the coverage is medium-light and the finish of this is a kind of dewy but not greasy.... It just looks like your skin in a better more radiant version... I use the shade 51 and it matches perfectly..(i'm nc15). But except the nice coverage, finish and color match of this product... the thing I love the most.. Is that when I remove my makeup.. it makes my skin look better... glowy and kind of moisturized. I don't know how this is happening with a foundation... Maybe you'll think that I'm stupid or something... but it's really happening! Maybe the fruits this product contains... work well with my dry-sensitive skin. Thank you Bourjois!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
Really like this foundation! Found out that it wasnt actually the foundation but rather the moisturiser I was using underneath it. The coverage is light-medium buildable depending on how much you put on. Personally, I use about 2 pumps , but sometimes 1 if I want to spot conceal/focus on spots. I found that the staying power is pretty poor, even with setting powder, but it does help. Keep in mind that I do not use a primer under this at all, just QV lotion or cetaphil moisturiser depending on my mood.

I even asked my mum if she could tell I was wearing foundation and she said NO! What a pleasant surprise! Most of my foundations she could clearly tell.

Overall, great product.

*For reference, I wear shade 54 which is a tad but dark but due to the blendability, it isnt too stark against my chest.

The
I bought this after reading all the glowing reviews For it. Unfortunately I broke out within 2 days of using this... I think it may be the fragrance, but I dunno for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

love love love this foundation
i cant belive how smooth and perfect this foundation is it is my HG product, althought it is sightly dark for my pale skin but i mix it sometimes with white foundation ( not mixing i layer them if you know what i mean:))
i can not talk enough about this foundation as now i am afraid that this will b discontinued, i was at boots the other day and i saw a new version of it and the sales lady told me that they will discontinued it ,i really dont know what will i do then :( plzzzzz bourjois dont do this :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by alexandravirvarei

This product is AMAZING! I love the healthy looks it gives, it's so natural. I'm on my 7th bottle already and its the only foundation i use. For the day i mix it with the clarins beauty balm for a much lighter look. I think this foundation is better for dry-combination skin. It gives a medium coverage but it definetly gives you the natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by calooza

It's an amazing product. I have oily acne prone skin for reference...

It's very easy to blend, with every tool. I prefer my expert face brush from real techniques.

Gives really decent coverage, probably medium, if you build it, but it can also be light, depending on how much you apply.

It doesn't feel heavy, it feels very smooth on the skin, it's perfect for everyday use. But it can be obvious you're using makeup :-/

It gives a natural glow to the face, without any shimmer but doesn't feel greasy.

I don't like it for times when my skin it's more oily, because it really gets oily after a few hours. Also, it doesn't last that much.

But i definitely recomend this for normal to combination skin, it's just really nice. One of the best foundations on the drugstore. ^^ It's really a shame i have such oily skin because i really like it and i didn't find anything like it on the drugstore... :-/ maybe the garnier bb cream for oily/combination skin is a good "dupe" for this..