November 24, 2014 | 2004 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

For reference, I'm really pale (NC 15), my skin is on the oily side and I don't need that much coverage - dark circles are my biggest concern. Shade 51 is a perfect match and this product doesn't make my skin any oilier (then again, air conditioning is always on at work, so). Anyway, I was looking for a lightweight foundation for everyday use and I'm pretty happy with this one. It provides light coverage (which was exactly what I was aiming for), meaning it doesn't cover those dark circles, which forces me to put some concealer on (Lancôme Effacernes), gives me a nice glow and doesn't break me out. What is there not to love?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

nice as a tinted moisturiser.
lovely fresh, youthful and dewy look, definatelly not for those with oily skin.
very lightweight, great for school or for a "no-makeup" makeup..
BUT it won't last 16hours as it claims..it needs to be set with powder but again can't hold for more than 2-3 hours..it will melt off of your face.
i love it just for the first 2 hours...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this foundation.

Hardly no coverage,but nice to use as a base I think .It does feel nice on your skin,but I don't think it's a hard working foundation ! My skin is dry and it still comes off after a few hours.

Between 1 and 2 hours.maybe better on super dry,sensitive skin that only needs something gentle and minimum coverage.

The colors are great but I won't rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for 1 week BUT I think I have found my new HG foundation! I will update in a few months when I have been using it for an extended period.

I used to use Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry until it was reformulated and looked too dry and matte. I went on a search for a foundation with light to medium (buildable coverage) which leaves my skin with that coveted 'natural glow'. For reference my skin has been going a bit haywire the last 2 months - it is normal in the cheeks and dehydrated but oily in the T Zone (flaky skin with dehydration lines but produces oil throughout the day). I read so many great reviews on this foundation that I had to try it, even though I have never used Bourjois products before. I picked it up at Priceline for $32 (hence my low rating for price - I was too impatient to order online or wait for a sale but I know I can get it on Asos for almost half the price). I went for the lightest colour - 51 Light Vanilla. This shade does have yellow undertones and matches my body rather than my face because I use fake tan. I wanted it to match my body, but would be concerned that if I am not tanned this will be too dark for me and for anyone else who has very fair/ivory skin. As this is the lightest shade available I would probably say girls with very light/pale skin may not find a colour match.

I was so surprised by this as soon as I pumped it on my hand (by the way - after years of Revlon and their crappy packaging, it is so nice to buy a drug store foundation with an effective pump and sturdy packaging!). It has a very nice fruity/floral fragrance which I was concerned may irritate my sensitive skin, but so far so good - this hasn't caused any redness! It is very light weight going onto the skin and I felt an almost cooling effect as I applied it. I apply this after moisturising with my Olay Complete Sensitive SPF 30 lotion and applying Mac Prep and Prime Face Protect. It is super easy to blend (I use a Real Techniques expert face brush) and 1 pump was enough to do my whole face and neck plus a second light layer over my cheeks where I needed extra coverage, so I can see 1 bottle lasting me a while. This is definitely a light to medium coverage foundation, so anyone looking for full coverage will not find it in this product. That said, I find it easy to layer so I can go back over and apply extra where I need to and it still looks even and smooth. It didn't cling to my dry patches between my brows or on my nose either! Once I am finished applying it, it looks like my skin but better - I can still see some of my natural skin showing through, which I like, but the redness in my skin and uneven skin tone is gone. It has a gorgeous dewy finish without being sparkly. I find that the foundation on it's own is perhaps a little too dewy, so I have been setting it with my MAC MSFN in light and this does a good job in taking away the 'wet' look without mattifying too much. The result is luminous skin with a heathy "I just moisturized my skin" look.

The packaging says it wears for 16 hours - I have tried this with and without primer and found that with just powder to set it wore well throughout my workday in air conditioning but it definitely didn't look as flawless as when I first applied it. That said, it faded very evenly and never looked patchy or dry. Even though the coverage wasn't as nice it still looked natural and radiant. With primer underneath and powder to set it looked almost perfect at the end of an 11 hour day! A bit disappointing that it doesn't live up to its 16 hour claims on it's own, but I usually apply primer anyway so it is no great loss - it's not like I have to add another step!

All in all I am SO happy with this product and can see this becoming my HG everyday foundation. It is so easy to apply, looks so natural and luminous and wears so well. It does transfer though, which was a bit of a change for me after using Colorstay for so long, so be wary! My only gripe is that to buy this in Australia it is so expensive for a drugstore foundation, but now I have found my colour match I will be buying it online when I run out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

So, this is a great drugstore foundation. After reading all the reviews on MUA, I just had to figure out a way to purchase it even though it is not sold in the US. I ended up going with purchasing it from ASOS. It costs about 9.99 pounds...but you get 1 pound off with using the ASOS student discount and free shipping. Overall, I believe this came out cheaper than if I had purchased it in Europe.

As for the foundation, 51 Light Vanilla matches my NW15 skin tone perfectly. I guess the foundation leans more toward the yellow undertone side. But apparently, that fits my skin shade better. Who knew? I don't usually like foundation with a smell to it. But this one smells AMAZING- apple, melon, apricot blend. The formula is a super moisturizing liquid foundation that isn't too runny. It blends really well on the skin. It takes a while to dry to a dewy finish.

It covers all my blemishes and makes my skin even. As for acne or problem areas, it doesn't have much coverage whatsoever. It is more like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer in that aspect. If you have flawless skin with blemishes, then this is your HG product. Or perhaps for those with only several areas to cover with corrector OR concealer.

Overall, I think this is the perfect foundation for work or daily outings. It is really moisturizing and wears as YOUR SKIN BUT BETTER. I have combination skin, no issues here. The price is on par with other US drugstore foundations. Probably need another foundation for med/full coverage on special occasions...high end or Revlon Color Whipped.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation! My skin has never looked so nice before with any of the high end foundations I have used. I was shocked to see how naturally flawless and glowing my skin looked in daylight. Staying power, application, finish... It ticks all the boxes for me. And for the price it is a steal!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by herbloomingcheeks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Teenager skin, blemishes, redness...looks cakey, clings on to try patches but still makes you oily, made me breakout like crazy. At first I liked it a lot but after a month of everyday use I cannot wait to go and get a new foundation tomorrow...my skin looks horible!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by lingxi27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always read a lot of good reviews for this one, and then I saw Lisa Eldridge talk about it in her videos, and Priceline was having a sale for Bourjois so I have this in 52 now. It's moderate-buildable coverage, applies smoothly (I use the Illamasqua highlighter brush), lasts reasonably well on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. This is now my new everyday go to foundation and the price is also very reasonable as Priceline always has Bourjois sales. A definite staple in my makeup bag!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by toomuchjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My sister was in London and I asked her to pick this up for me. I matched myself to shade 55, which works pretty well for me (I'm usually about NC 35-37). This is one of the nicer drugstore foundations I've tried. It gives medium coverage and lasts on my skin the whole work day. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches and gives a natural glow to the skin. I have normal to combination skin for reference. I also like this for mixing with my sheerer tinted moisturizers and BB's for added coverage. My skin looks almost airbrushed when I apply this foundation with my Real Techniques buffing brush or expert face brush.

The foundation comes in a cylindrical plastic tube with a pump. The pump does a pretty good job of dispensing product. My only issue is that I think it is a bit expensive for how utilitarian the packaging is. It doesn't look pretty, but the product inside more than makes up for that!

Overall, really nice foundation, drugstore or otherwise. I would repurchase but it's not the most accessible brand. I remember Borjois being sold in the US -- what happened? Please come back!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I purchased this, I had been hearing rave reviews about it for the longest time. I hadn't bought it before because I shelled out my designated foundation budget on Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid foundation, and that was money down the drain. I did buy the Healthy Mix on eBay for 8.90 pounds, which is lower than the retail price of 10 pounds. Beforehand I had gone to the drugstore to colour-mach myself, so that I knew which one to buy. I have very pale skin, with a slightly yellow undertone, and both shades 51 and 52 work for me. I bought 51 because I knew any traces of tan I had managed to acquire over the summer would soon fade. And as I live in England, at least 8 months of paleness awaited me, so I didn't want to be stuck with a foundation which was too dark for my skin and would have to be brought all the way down the neck all the time. I try to put on as little as possible, even though I have lots of blemishes to cover, but I hate having to cake on makeup. I wanted a colour that would work with my pale skin well enough to the point where it would be unnoticeable that I have foundation all over my face, but not on my neck. The Healthy Mix does that for me.

Most light coloured foundations I've tried are always too dark, too pink, or both. Healthy Mix is a nice neutral undertone, very simple and balanced. I have dry, clog-prone skin, and was very afraid of putting anything on it that could clog it. What a relief it was when the Healthy Mix didn't. It is very moisturizing, so I avoid heavy moisturizers and even primer before this, because they are unnecessary.This foundation is practically made for dry skin, moisturizing but not in the horribly heavy, thick, greasy way the Dream Satin Liquid turned out for me. I use a light water-based gel moisturizer under the Healthy Mix. I was surprised with the high amount of coverage. I would say it's a strong medium, a bit buildable, but if you push it it looks a bit cakey. You couldn't achieve full coverage with just this, but that's not even what it's meant to do. I have blemishes and pigmented scars on my face, and this is quite enough for me, with the aid of just a bit of concealer on the worst spots. I apply this with a damp makeup sponge and it's goes on very well, blends beautifully. I've also tried applying it with my fingers, and it still blends in, but because it is very liquid, I can't get the same level of seamless blending I can get with a sponge. I haven't tried applying it with a brush because I dislike brushes.

Even on my dry skin, after a few hours, my forehead gets very shiny with this foundation on. It looked oily, but it wasn't actually oil, more like overly moisturized skin. That didn't bother me too much, as it was new to me, my skin always looked matte before because it was so dry. I haven't got any breakouts from the foundation or getting oily, but I did purchase a cheap pressed powder aimed at acne-prone skin (Miss Sporty So Clear translucent pressed powder, which I have also done a review on), just in case. I got the dream team when I added that. I only need to powder my forehead a bit, only once in the day, and I get 12 hours out of this foundation. I even forget I have it on. It feels like nothing on the skin. I would assume for oily skin you'd have to powder more than just the forehead, but then again you'd have to powder anyway; and that powder held up so well for me, I don't think even oil-slick-level of oily skinned users would have a problem with this foundation.

The packaging is great, it's a pump with a spring on the bottom, which pushes the entire content of the bottle up, like a piston, so nothing is wasted, as opposed to the pumps with the straw-like mechanism which just suck up what they can reach and you end up with product just laying all around the sides of the bottle which could have been gotten out and used.

I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out, I finally found a foundation which is all I've wanted - light-feeling, not too dark or pink, matches my pale skin, doesn't look cakey, is a nice high-ish coverage, doesn't break me out, doesn't cling to dry spots, and is good for my skin. Strongly recommend this!