December 18, 2014 | 761 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by slightlystarry

I'm pretty surprised at the generally good response this concealer has gotten here. I bought this about 3 months ago, hoping that it would be a good replacement for the now discontinued Maybelline Mineral Power concealer. Unfortunately, it definitely is not.

First of all, I don't find that this concealer lasts any longer than normal ones that do not claim to have long-lasting effects. Applied to bare skin it will last about 3 hours before fading, applied to primer I have found it lasts maybe 4.5--either way a long shot from the 24 hour marketing.

Second, I don't like the way this product applies. It is very dry, so you have to work very quickly to blend it in before it starts to become tacky. This would be find if you could work it in layers, but unfortunately it cakes on horribly and makes both my under-eye area and my blemishes look like they are about to flake off my face.

The one good point is that the coverage is fairly good. While the tone of the concealer doesn't make it a great under-eye product, it does do fairly well with getting rid of redness.

Bottom line is that I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

*sigh*
I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I was just beginning my never-ending crusade for the perfect undereye concealer when I read an article by a beauty blogger touting this as her HG. I originally bought it in Ivory, which ended up being *way* too light. Cream is still a little light, but it's a close match.
I can't use this with much success on my undereye area for some reason. I'll usually dot it on with the wand and then (try) to blend with my finger. It looks great for about a minute, then I look closer and it's become a splotchy, nasty, chalky, cakey mess. I feel embarrassed walking around with it on.
I've been putting it on after foundation, and I think the key may be to put it on *before*. I tried that today and the chalkiness is much less pronounced.
Coverage is good, medium to full. There isn't any shimmer in it.
It's a decent product and one I'll try to work with (mixing eye cream with it maybe?)
On a side note, this is EXCELLENT for pimples, blemishes, and redness when used under foundation. I definitely recommend it for that.

UPDATE: Have been using it as previously described, mixing it with my eye cream, applying, and then putting a second layer over that, and then my foundation. The effect is MUCH nicer that using it over foundation. Still, it can make my undereyes look dry, and the coverage is only average. Not good enough for me, but I'm pretty picky as far as my dark circles go.
I would still highly recommend this for blemishes and areas of redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by honeyjaffar

very long lasting full coverage and dosent cake if you apply it well with a powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in 2.
I think this concealer is really good. The truth is I don't have a problem to conceal underneath my eyes so I can't say how this will work on dark circles... I mainly use it to lighten the area underneath the eyes.
It dries really fast so you need to work with it quickly.
I find this concealer to be a little dry, so I don't think I'll use it on people with wrinkles underneath the eyes.

I don't like it's packaging, for you can't get all of the product out of it, and that is why I took one point off...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try based on reviews I've seen here and I was very glad I did. This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, gives excellent coverage for pimples and for around the eye area and it lasts all day. For those having trouble with the blending or with it drying too quickly, I recommend using a damp concealer brush to apply. I use the damp brush and have no issues with it drying too fast to blend. The Ivory shade is also perfect for my uber fair skin and doesn't turn orange or too yellow. I will definitely repurchase this and recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by katiekiley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am constantly in search of long-wearing makeup, as my face seems to be prone to makeup fading, smudging, creasing, etc. and this concealer delivers! It didn't settle into lines, and covers beautifully, even resisting chalkiness or crepey look when layered for fuller coverage. It does smudge if rubbed, but not nearly as much as some more expensive brands like EL Double Wear. It is a bit on the dry side, so blend quickly, but if that's its only fault, I think it qualifies as a winner. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is GREAT! second best i've tried :) it covers amazing! you have to use the product right though. By that I mean work fast with it because it does dry fast once applied & layer on light layers to get the best results. don't overuse it all at once because it will get cakey quick. I will definitely buy this product again just in a tad bit darker shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This concealer is medium to full coverage that is long lasting. It does dry fast so you must work with it quickly. It can be cakey so its best to really blend or thin it out a bit with water or moisturizer. Great for covering blemishes and redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail concealer. I have pretty bad acne and have lots of scarring on my face and always have at least few small breakouts. My skin is also quite oily, so concealer usually ends up slipping off my face. This concealer, once dry, stays put all day long. You have to blend it in quite quickly, but that's a small price to pay for the staying power. It is also very pigmented and provides a very full coverage. Will purchase this as long as it's sold.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by yasminblah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this concealer. This is the only one I've ever tried but I don't feel the need to get another one as I feel this one does a very good job. My skin is olive, with yellow undertones and I have use this in 'Ivory' and 'Medium Beige' for two different purposes. I use 'Ivory' under my eyes and the bridge of my nose,it is up to 3 times lighter than my skin tone. I don't have dark circles so I don' know how it works for them, but it's amazing as an under-eye brightener and highlighter (I use this as a matte highlighter instead of shimmer because of my very oily skin)!
I use 'Medium Beige' on trouble spots my foundation doesn't cover up and it does a decent job. It is true that I can highlight dry areas and can be pretty hard to blend as it dries very fast. But nothing that can't be solved using a good moisturizer, base or foundation underneath. It's a minor flaw compared to how much good it does for me. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I like trying new products out there, but I'd go back to this anytime!